Author Topic: NO  (Read 3595 times)

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an arms dealer (SMSG)
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2016, 08:55:44 pm »

F O U R T H | U P D A T E

Do we even have ammo for these things? 

+1 to the above, tentatively.  But first, remember what Kelly Jackson knows about any gangs or militias in the local area.  If necessary, look them up at an internet cafe, so our search history isn't traceable.
Sell the weapons to local Militias and Gangs so we can get enough profits to start making real weaponry.

By the time next week comes around, you're ready to start selling these things. First thing's first though; you need to do your homework. Time to make use of the internet! You don't want to use your computer, though. You figure a budding arms dealer needs as little bit of a trail as possible, and if local PD manages to flip any of the bangers you sold to, they will get a search warrant, and when they backtrace crack open your PC and see a bunch of searches relating to spikes in gang activity, you'll be making deals from a nice, warm prison cell. Can't have that!

So, you take your happy ass down to the local internet cafe. It's morning, so it's barely populated. Only an old couple and some high-powered salaryman are there. You ignore them and stride to an available computer.

"I wonder how rusty my google-fu is", you mutter to yourself. "Okay. Local gangs in Liberty." You're doing that thing in movies where the characters are urgently searching for information and read what they type out loud, but quiet enough to avoid anyone overhearing you. Or maybe no one cares? Yeah, that's a possibility. It's only a few minutes of your time spent in exchange for google rewarding you with information on Liberty City's gangs. The amount of information displayed on your screen makes your city of residence seem so . . . edgy. 2edgy4u? It's what the millennials say these days. Anyway, you get out of your head and begin consuming the info.

The Nassau Syndicate, a big-deal conglomerate that is -- wouldn't ya know it -- mainly rooted in the Upper District. They're mainly white collar. You know, counterfeit currency, forgeries, that sort of thing. What's new with them is that one of their figureheads turned over a new leaf (or so he claims) some years ago, and wanted to go legit. Despite this, some members still prefer the old way of doing things, and there is a silent-yet-deadly power struggle going on behind the curtain. Choose the right person to sell to, gain an ally? It's like the life-is-in-danger version of Rooms To Go's "buy the room; get the TV" special they had for a while. Make the sale; gain an ally.

A small-time gang known as Get Every Dollar isn't anything to write home about. Mostly dumb teenagers and Eminems running around snatching purses and cutting class. They really aren't even that big of a deal. The only hope they have of being seen as a threat instead of a pest presence is if the out-of-state gangs sense the opportunities here to increase their capital and assimilates them. Hm. Youngsters with high energy, no direction? Potential is there for . . . things.

Now for the actually scary-all-around gang, Europa. These are your white nationalists, 'cept they don't hide in woods or wear odd-looking sheets. No. They're on some suit-n-tie shit. Think of them as the Aryan Brotherhood. They like their race AND money. So, why not have both? They mainly deal in 'vice' activities. Prostitution, drugs, extortion, bribery. You name it. Because they're organised but overt and dangerous, the Liberty City Police Department has put most of their energy into fighting their activities. The cops have done some damage to their operations in Liberty, which is why they need more . . . "assets". Selling to these guys might put a bad taste in you mouth, buuuuut, you'll likely secure friends in high places by-proxy in time, since they're well connected to many other gangs nationwide, as well as police and federal agencies! You'll need to establish and build some kind of rapport with them first.

((We're going to assume the ammo is there unless a special type is developed for teh kewl faktur. Sorry for the long wait. Got in my own head and ended up not writing. I have to break that habit. Tonight.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 09:12:07 pm »

Yeah, our arms dealer probably wouldn't care all that much about who our guns are used on.

Try to look up any known suspected hangouts or residences of the Europa gang.  From there, we'll try to make contact, sell some cheap untraceable guns.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 09:36:44 pm »

Yeah, our arms dealer probably wouldn't care all that much about who our guns are used on.

Try to look up any known suspected hangouts or residences of the Europa gang.  From there, we'll try to make contact, sell some cheap untraceable guns.
1+

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 10:54:17 pm »

1+
1+
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2016, 09:41:13 pm »

1+
1+
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2016, 09:44:43 pm »

1+
1+
+1
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2016, 09:47:18 pm »

Crap. Funk is back and girls are watching. Time to make sure the next update is bomb.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 03:34:18 pm »

bump

slycrafter

• Escaped Lunatic
  • It's dead Jim
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2016, 09:05:57 pm »

So since it has been a while since someone posted is this dead?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »

Nearly a month since the last up date, so yes it's likely dead.
(my games that i haven't updated in ages are still just on hiatus...)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2016, 09:46:02 pm »

Nearly a month since the last up date, so yes it's likely dead.
(my games that i haven't updated in ages are still just on hiatus...)
I'd revive it, but, you know, leaving and all.

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 12:19:30 am »

Watch Breaking Badtm to learn how to make drugs
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:21:37 am by Swords-Otter »
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"
Pages: 1 2 [3]