Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146550 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #720 on: August 08, 2016, 02:54:52 am »

Beirus: Make chitchat and offer funny commentary if the opportunity presents itself. Maybe get the info on the Cult of Jericho and prophecy and stuff, and why they're working with Legion, because I totally know what the demonic version of a Philosopher's Stone looks like due to being a Catholic Alchemist.

Porkins: Ping Luke with a call for help through the Force.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 08, 2016, 02:41:32 pm »

Blow apart the dying stormtroopers.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 09, 2016, 08:58:56 am »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round 5: Rest Period
Echo Base, Hoth VI, Hoth System
Noon, Cloudy, 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

An eye in the sky would expertly describe what BiggerKhepri is at the moment. Looking out into the white snow, several thoughts rush through his mind, though above all of them, only "NEXT!" seems to speak to him. After fluttering down, and using his human speech to tell the Wiki-Warriors of his plan, he flies off toward the F.O.B., intending to serve as a scout. He makes it to another hill, but finds that all the power expended means his form is failing slightly. He tries to keep his form active, [10] and not only manages to keep his small Beetle form active, but scrounges together enough Magic that he can stay transformed for a long while [5 turns before next roll]. As he looks out, he sees a camp with several small structures, like tents. Several white crates are stacked up near several Snowtroopers, all of them carrying Imperial Standard Blaster Rifles. BiggerKhepri looks around for anyone who looks like Vader or the members of the 501st. [1] Before he can even look, a large snowstorm appears over the the horizon, before quickly arriving at the camp, obscuring BiggerKhepri's vision. While both BiggerKhepri and the Stormtroopers get to warmer locations, it's going to be difficult to look. [-2 to all rolls involving Sight, Weather Change: Snowy]

The Snowfall, blanketing a far off area, appears over the horizon at Echo Base as well, though far away enough that everyone can get inside before the extreme cold gets to them. PirateJoe, looking over the horizon, gets an interesting idea. He's going to send one of his new minions to the F.O.B. He begins charging magic, the new sensations in his veins causing slight light headedness in the Wiki-Warrior, before he focuses the Magic into a portal. The portal is larger than the Hills nearby, around 15 feet long, roughly. It glows with a sinister purple, but what pops out isn't as sinister. The being that comes out appears to only be around 3'4" or 4 foot even, and is a light grey. He has what appears to be a trident, and his eyes appear to glow blue. Izzik appears as the Portal closes, before looking to the humans in front of him. PirateJoe walks up to the Demon, and relays orders to him to go find the 501st or even Vader. Joe says that they're probably at the F.O.B., before pointing to a speck in the distance. Izzik looks at it for approximately 0 seconds before holding his trident up and charging at it. PirateJoe waits for around 5 seconds before walking back to the group, pulling out a Medkit and attempting to bandage up his hand. [7] He successfully bandages it up, before seeing a prosthetic leg in the snow. When Joe focuses on it, it suddenly disappears. Considering it another vision, Joe stands with the Wiki-Warriors.

"We all knew the risks. Still, we don't have much in the way of medical supplies, and it'd be nice to prevent something like that from happening again. I'll go to Echo Base first and get medical supplies. After that I'll be going after the Elite Soldiers with the rest.", says Sir Intrigue, Ara nodding her head before pointing her hand to Echo Base. "Right over there.", causing Sir Intrigue to nod himself. Sir Intrigue walks toward the base, while making gestures to everyone who wishes to follow him.

Hawk looks up with blood coating his skin and caking in his hair, his head turned toward the former Person with almost violent glee. As his high wanes off, however, the emotions he feels aren't of glee or sorrow. He looks to his wrench, bloodsoaked and red, not with a heavy heart or an insane smile, but merely with acknowledgment. He's sane, and that's the easiest description to make. Despite his sanity, or perhaps because of it, he looks out to the Snowtrooper escaping the scene, and yells out, "Hey, come back here! I still haven't shown you what your brains look like! ... Eh, whatever. Anyone got some painkillers? I have a feeling that I'll be in a LOT of pain once the adrenaline wears off.", the last part of said sentence referring to Ara and the Rebels. One of them stands up, and affirms that he has a painkilling treatment, but that they're not Terrran, or Earth, painkillers. Hawk nods, and the Rebel in question brings out a Bacta Tank, connected to it is a syringe looking object, with a tube leading it to said tank. The Rebel says that this won't heal his ribs completely, but it will treat the broken bones and stop the pain until he's fully healed. Hawk agrees, and gets injected. Immediately, he feels a lot of pain in his chest, before the pain stops. Just as quickly as it was injected, the object similar to a syringe is removed, leaving Hawk nothing but normal feelings...if normal feelings included feeling bones jutting into his chest, but it's not lethal, so he merely follows Sir Intrigue to Echo Base.

NRDL ponders the offer for only a few short seconds before agreeing, saying, "I could definitely use a new gun, always wanted something that shot laser beams.", with a nice smile on his face. To ruin the mood, however, one of the Rebels speaks up, his nasally voice contrasting his muscular build. "Actually, it's Ionized Plasma, not Laser Be-", before Ara interrupts, saying, "It doesn't matter. If he wants to call it Lasers, he can call it Lasers. Right?", which NRDL agrees to. He turns, and meets up with Hawk and Sir Intrigue, gearing up to head inside.

DigitalDemon, upon hearing the voice of many names or rather, 3 pronunciations, bolts up to his feet, the familiar sound of snow crunching under him as he races towards everyone. Standing upon a hill, he calls out to everyone, saying, "Guys, STOP! We don't need to fight! They're people too, y'know?! How about, we just do peaceful things. We can flirt, be friendly, and understand them! I am Determined to win this war, not with Blasters, but with humanity." [1+2] Despite this, Ara speaks up, a bittersweet smile on her face as if somber weight was on her shoulders, "I...appreciate what you want to do. We understand that they are like you and us, Humans. But I'm afraid the Empire isn't based around humanity or friendship. Even if we could have diplomacy, it won't change the Empire's strict dictatorship. All we can hope to do is bring the Imperial soldiers out of the Empire, but even then...". DigitalDemon nods his head, before saying "Even if we can't win, we can stop this.", but Ara merely nods before looking down, the somber look taking over her expression. Demon walks down the hill, and meets up with the group.

Upon receiving the information regarding the Lightsabers, Lady Porkins gets an idea in her head. Since the Force connects all living things, she could contact Luke with a "ping" in the Force. She tries to focus her Force Sensitivity into contacting Luke. [6+1] While not definite, she feels like she reached Luke somewhere on Hoth, somewhere close by. Feeling satisfied, Porkins walks back over to the group, holding her Soccerball in her arms.

Abstract doesn't do anything fancy, really. He walks his MEKA over, and fires his light cannons into the dying Snowtroopers. Bullet after bullet impacts the writhing Imperials, quickly and mercifully ending their suffering. ATH walks back over to the group.

((Auto'd)) Ukrainian Ranger walks back to the group, before telling Sir Intrigue to lead the way.

The group walks into Echo Base through the barricade, Ara saying, "If any of you have unfinished business out here, go ahead and do it. We're not keeping this thing open with the Empire breathing down our necks.". The people who are definitely going in, Hawk, NRDL, and Sir Intrigue all walk in. Inside is an identical hanger to the one in the film, the only difference being the emptiness of it all. Not many Soldiers, and no ships are inside. NRDL walks to an Armory, looking for a Blaster Rifle, or just a Pistol. [7] He sees a Blaster Rifle and a single Thermal Detonator left. NRDL acquires both items, before stepping back with the group. Ara walks to both the 3 inside, and the group outside. She tells the entire group that a high ranking General wants to validate their objective, before turning to Lady Porkins and saying, "General Skywalker wants to see you, miss. He says it's important, but if you need to stay here, you can.", before she walks back inside.
-----------
Beirus walks over to a window, and provides commentary. "So, a Demon and a Beetle God walk into a Snowstorm...actually, nah." before walking back over to the 3 he's with. As he sits down, he then asks, "So...since I'm here, what's up with the Cult of Jericho and the weird prophecy thing that's going on?", attempting to convince the...guess we need a name. The Insiders? The New World Order?...the people. [1] Before anyone can answer, he suddenly sees nothing but darkness and the same familiar, purple eyes. Looking around, he sees inside a tunnel, with the very end of the tunnel being the Operator. As Beirus charges towards me, he suddenly finds that I've disappeared. He turns around to see me, staring him right into his eyes with my...our vision. We say, "Listen, Beirus. I'll let you ask again, but take this as a warning as to my power. So, don't ask questions you don't want answered. This is why you should care.", before he turns back to see the Helicopter again, Jess Warner looking at him with confusion, before saying, "You were saying?". Beirus repeats himself, his question ringing through yet again. [10] He not only convinces them, but also slips Legion and who, or rather what, he is. Jess starts off with, "Well, I guess I, as a Non-Worshiper, have the best insider info that the Operator or Astrid will allow. The Cult reveres all 3 members of the Triad as equally powerful. It's just that Jericho was the first Triad member to be recorded. I guess I'll just tell you about it. The Cult's main objective is to help the Triad in any way. We don't have a headquarters per say, but Astrid does have Meeting Grounds in buildings across the world. I guess the best info about us is our member count. We have thousands, possibly millions but we've lost count. We don't know why there's so many, but rumors have abound that Astrid's hundreds of years old, and given how he knows about Jericho's origins, he might be. Prophecy? Well, they say that in 2019, both the world and the man or woman who will become Exodus will, well, die. Astrid went into more detail at some point, and it was included in the version of the book I have, basically an Insider's Guide. Basically, it says that only a few seconds after both deaths, the grouping of Jericho, the Operator and Legion will revive him via any means they need. Requirements? It...depends. Apparently, all recordings change it in some way. It's accepted to either be the most powerful warrior, or the most...prolific killer. But, like I said, it depends. Now, about Legion...First, I don't think he's a Philosopher's Stone per say...", pausing only for an odd sight to show up. On the ground is a Lantern which is glowing red, with what appears to be souls inside. Beirus looks inside the Lantern, before he hears the Operator in his head, the millions of echoing voices saying, "That a lot to take in? Well, this is more complicated, but it's less of an info dump. Ever hear of a Phylactery? It's what a Lich binds his soul into to become immortal. Well, we have them, but it's different. To prevent your human brain from literally melting out your ears, I'll keep this brief. Basically, a living Phylactery is something that takes in millions of souls to become immortal by expending them. There's a channeling object, the traditional Phylactery, that takes the souls for the living Phylactery to accept. As a Demon, Legion usually keeps his Phylactery close to him. Explains why the Lantern's gone. Legion's helping? Aren't a smart little primitive, tangible speck? I have it on good authority that he's...well, he's brought them back. All I can tell you without the brain melting occurring.". Beirus wakes up in the Helicopter, it's windows closed up and shielded to protect the Commentators from the elements. Beirus is asked how he feels, to which he replies, "Like I just got an Exposition Dump into my brain. Gimme something to drink.", with Veronica then saying, "I don't know if Catholics are allowed to drink, but after the recent events, getting drunk's the best idea in the world.", with an honest to God smile on her face, her beautiful green eyes vibrant in the lighting of the...I mean, uh-
-------------
BSN: Exposition Dump! It's what's for dinner!

1st: That Plasma vs. Laser exchange is to be expected, because...well, think about why that sounds like something that's happened on the Internet...or anywhere.

2nd: Sorry for the crap Exposition Dump. It was my first attempt to get info out that way. Not apologizing, except I just did...um...see...TO THE SHEETS!

--------
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 09, 2016, 01:58:53 pm »

Grab some medical supplies, provided there are any left. Afterwards, look for any untaken vehicles, particularly ones that could hold multiple people.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 09, 2016, 02:43:40 pm »

Walk closer to the FOB waiting for Izzik to return and give me a report
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 09, 2016, 04:41:17 pm »

After checking how ammunition works on the blaster rifle, head over to General Skywalker.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 09, 2016, 04:50:25 pm »

If I can't end this war.... I can at least do my part to minimize loss of life.

Use the First aid kit on wounded, stormtroopers and wiki-warriors alike.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 10, 2016, 01:32:49 am »

Well then.  I can't really not keep looking.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 10, 2016, 02:01:23 am »

Well then.  I can't really not keep looking.

Was...that a double negative? ...Me on the inside.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 10, 2016, 02:04:32 am »

Yes, yes it was.

Because I can't not keep looking if I want to achieve my goals.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 10, 2016, 02:08:37 am »

Yes, yes it was.

Because I can't not keep looking if I want to achieve my goals.

But...if you can't not keep looking, that means you can keep looking, and...my whole brain right now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 10, 2016, 02:14:26 am »

But not being able to perform the negation of an action is a positive statement, while being able to perform an action is not in and of itself implicative that the action should be performed.

That and it just sounds better.
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 10, 2016, 02:16:53 am »

But not being able to perform the negation of an action is a positive statement, while being able to perform an action is not in and of itself implicative that the action should be performed.

That and it just sounds better.

Makes more sense, yet is more complicatingly said. ...Still linking to this because my brain.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:25:02 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 10, 2016, 02:27:01 am »

Also, this.

...Huh. Never thought to even check that. Well, I guess I can stop linking to that Vid now that my.brain's regulated...then again, NO ONE CAN ESCAPE NICOLAS CAGE!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 106