Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146520 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #615 on: July 18, 2016, 05:17:10 pm »

((Double posted, because I decided to start a poll about intermissions. Yes, I know that by closing it in two days, it'll take too long, and interest will wain. Yes, I know this probably isn't something to start a poll over, and I should just do it. I know, and I'm sorry. (50!) It's just, this is something that will come after every chapter, and I don't want you guys to, well, not want that. So, sorry, (51!) but I feel it's necessary, at least for people to be happy.))

EDIT: Because I started worrying, (because I'm me, and I don't hate it, per say) I voted "Why ask?". I guess it's not really important, but I am me, and I'm sorry for that. (52. Should I keep counting these? Let's start a poll, even though everyone probably just wants me to stop worrying about other people's permission and just do what I want! ...Wait a minute.)

EDIT2: Should I lock the voting? I mean, 2 of you guys want it completely, and the other two want it because I should just do it instead of being a worrywart about basically nothing. So, I may just lock the voting tomorrow, and then post the first intermission also tomorrow. So, yeah.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:10:35 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2016, 11:17:42 am »

The Operator's First Rise
A Small Town near Las Vegas, Nevada
Early Afternoon, Cloudy, 2/23/1992

Doctor Bolton returns home after a long day, sweat upon his brow as he walked through the door. Seeing the lights off, he chuckles a bit. His son must be out at his job. The Doctor tries the light switch, but instead of turning the lights on, it instead makes everything darker. More and more times he tries the light switch, only for the room to get so dark, it begins to suck the light out of the outside world. As the Doctor looks to the darkness, he freaks out upon seeing, in the darkness, a pair of eyes. The eyes have a very dark purple as the pupils and a slightly more average purple as the irises. The Doctor looks into the eyes for around 3 seconds before another pair of eyes appears, with the same coloration as the first pair. More and more pairs of eyes appear, until the darkness is filled with them. Doctor Bolton begins screaming out in fear, before he sees...something. It seems to be a purple, skeletal approximation of a human being. The Being puts their hands upon the top of their head and their chin. Bolton tries to walk away, but finds his feet planted firmly on the ground, with his hands upon his head and chin. Bolton tries to scream, but his scream is silenced by a snapping sound as the Being twists it's neck around. Bolton's body crashes to the ground disgracefully. The eyes and the Being grow closer to the corpse, before they all seem to disappear into his body. His corpse rises back up, his sclerae, or the whites in his eyes, turning pitch black, and his eyes turning the same colors as the eyes that attacked him...or rather, as the things now inhabiting the dead man. Looking in the mirror, the creatures see the Good Doctor as having slightly spiky, yet kind of short hair. He, at least now, has grey skin. He is wearing a black T-Shirt and khaki pants, while wearing a Lab Coat with a nametag. The Creatures scrape his name off of the name tag, and replace it with a simple word, it's origins of choosing it lost to time itself..."Operator". The newly dubbed Operator exits the house, and sees a neighboring one. With a simple incantation and a wave of his hands, the house suddenly catches fire, the smell of burning wood filling Bolton's nostrils. As he hears screaming, he walks off, torching more and more houses until the Neighborhood is completely torched. In the distance, the Operator sees a large figure and walks towards it. He sees it as a large, armored figure. His armor is black, his horned helmet gleaming off the sunlight. He has deep red eyes that seem to not only glow, but also trail whenever he turns his head. The Operator tries to use his magic, but is stopped by the figure grabbing Bolton's neck, the Operator not feeling fear. What does get the assault to stop is the Figure saying, "Try to kill me all you like, just don't keep trying when it doesn't work. Send as many souls as you like, just don't send any you want back.", the Operator getting what he's saying. As the Figure let's the Operator go, he continues. "My name...is lost. I call myself Jericho, for I have fallen like the great city of legend. My quest is simple. All I can say is that it involves the demon Legion, and all you need to know is that he's cursed me with the stench of death and pain. I need your assistance with my plans, your power will grant me my revenge, in whichever way I see fit.. The Operator says, "And why should I? And why should we?, to which Jericho merely responds with, "Because all of you, no matter how strong, is more mortal then I am at this point.". The Operator raises his eyebrows, before shrugging with a "Why not? Where to, next?". Jericho responded by saying that they needed to walk the Earth, to bide time before they find the last one they need to complete their operations, a being known as Exodus. The Operator agrees, but then says, "Sounds fun. But you gotta let me have my own fun while we do this.", letting a purple flame loose in his hand, before quickly crushing it as surroundings get enveloped in darkness yet again...
----------
Yeah, triple post! Someone, get me an achievement!

Anyway, this was the intermission, just a post containing lore. Was it what you were expecting? Probably not, but that's my fault, because I can't explain anything. Anyway, I'll just lock down the voting and listen to you guys. How was this? I wanted to make it good, which is why it was so long. Yes, that means no one can vote on the poll, but hindsight has told me that the poll probably wasn't the best idea. So, any critiques? Any suggestions?

...*sigh* Round 0 later today, so stay tuned for that.

EDIT: I'm sorry, guys. I acted ridiculous over something I shouldn't have. I started a poll that didn't need to be started, and I made a joke over the fact that no one's posted. I don't know why you guys put up with me. I'm glad you do, of course. It's just...I'm sorry. And no, I'm not posting the counter gag until Chapter 2 starts. This is a serious apology for my personality itself, and I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:51:22 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2016, 05:03:54 pm »

If it weren't for the original Wiki Warfare thread being so long, I'd love to actually read the mythology of it, this is interesting.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2016, 05:05:48 pm »

In/waitlist for the upcoming round, please.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2016, 05:07:55 pm »

Yeah add me to the queue for the next round too, please.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 19, 2016, 05:19:29 pm »

...@NRDL: You're already waitlisted listed. You were waitlisted upon your death last match. Just wanted to remind you.

@Elephant Parade: I'll waitlist you. Just so you're aware, since we already have 10 waitlisters, you'll be in at Chapter 3, which is where Beirus will be.

@Everyone: Now that I'm out of my self pitying funk in regards to the poll, (I'm now the Vince Russo of forum games, so many swerves) then I can confirm that Chapter 2's Round 0 will come tonight. Nothing definitive, but you should see it by around 9:00 AM tomorrow, if not earlier.
...(55 sorries! Take that, Canada!)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:25:20 pm by Greatness942 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 20, 2016, 12:54:34 pm »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Boss Battles
Round 0: A Bad Feeling About This
Hoth VI, Hoth System
Noon, Cloudy, 42 Months ABY

After Beirus, Jess Warner, and Logan Sawyer left on the Chopper, they went to the W.I.P. Offices in Osaka, Japan. The air was crisp and quiet as they landed. Upon landing, they went inside of Jess's Office, not in silence, but making very light conversation. Upon entering, they saw 4 figures. One was Veronica Sawyer, and she was merely texting until Logan ran up and hugged her from behind, the both of them reuniting. Jess walked in, only for Veronica to walk up and slap him. Beirus walked into the room, and was able to hear the conversation. "Ow! Why did you-", "You stood me up!", "Like three years ago! Besides, I said I may not have been able to go to dinner, since I was just there for va-", "You're gonna make it up to me!", "Oh, I'm perfectly alright with that.", "She's angry, he actually likes her enough to not stab her for slapping him, though that could be because her brother is in the room, all is well.". At the familiar voice, all of them look up to see the Operator sitting down in Jess's chair, to his right is a large armored figure, and to his left is a new entity. They are completely hidden under a white hood with has wrapped around them, their arms still free. The only skin that's able to be seen are his hands, which are red and scaly. There are some holes in the scales, however, revealing a black inky substance. What's interesting, at least to everyone not currently named Beirus, as he has no idea what's going on, The Operator is no longer shrouded in darkness, but is rather in Doctor Bolton's body, with the spiked hair, grey skin, eyes, and outfit he had in 1992. Jaws, as though all of this is normal, merely responds with, "Hold on, you dated my sister?". Veronica turns to her older brother and replies with, "We met at the Psychiatry Office, back home. We hit it off, but then, he had to leave, because, and I quote, "his plane had to leave tomorrow."", to which Jess indignantly responds, "It did! Look, I'm sorry. How's about, after the next "contest", I can cook something up.", Veronica turning to him and thinks about it for what was probably 5 minutes before quickly nodding. The Armored Figure, or Jericho himself as everyone not named Beirus would know him, sighed before pointing to a computer...that the Operator was using. The Operator says, "While you humans were doing what you do best: dying, I took the liberty of making the next contest.". Jaws walks over, and raises his eyebrows while whistling, as though he just saw a celebrity in a bikini, or Jess's bank account. Jess raises an eyebrow, but before he can ask, the Operator says, "Get into your helicopter.". Logan responds with saying he needs to create the next contest, but the Operator doesn't move. Finally, Logan leads the other 3 humans to the chopper, but once it gets up in the air, a large purple eyeball appears before exploding into a large, purple tear in the fabric of space-time.  The Helicopter gets sucked in, and everyone falls unconscious...
------------
The 4 humans, plus the Pilot who was still on Earth for whatever reason, woke up to the Helicopter in flight. Looking out the window, Jess is starstruck to find a snowy plane. Getting a message on his PDA, Jess looks out at the right time to see 10 people in a circle, just waking up with several weapons at their disposal. Reading through his PDA, Jess gets the information he needs to brief the Wiki-Warriors in front of him. "Hello, prospective meat shields. I am Jess Warner, of the Warner Industrial Program. You have been sent here to eliminate High Profile Targets here on Planet Hoth. You ten have 5 Targets to eliminate somewhere in the thick of that laser light show over in that direction. Four of them are members of the 501st Legion, also known as Vader's Fist. Your fifth target, is the guy with the fist. You know who I mean, let's admit it. Upon killing Vader and his Fist, we four will pick you up, or at least pick the survivors up. Me, my friend Logan here, my, uh...romantic based friend Veronica, and Beirus will watch you. Good luck.", to which the ten look to the horizon, quickly spotting a large battle far off, yet relatively close to their position. This will be difficult...
-----------
BSN: The only dealer that tells you to fu-what? That's not who we are? Huh.

So, before we begin, I must say that this map and opponent weren't randomized. When I had the idea for Boss Battles, I specifically thought of fighting Darth Vader on Hoth for whatever reason. All future Boss Battles will at least have the map randomized. With that said, enjoy.

I'm also adding Voice Colors. You guys can type dialogue as you wish, of course. These colors will be used by me to denote dialogue between characters. I'm also adding Gender and Nationality, for no real reason other than the fact that not everyone is a Male American, or in one case Male Rwandan. First Article denotes Gender, second denotes Nationality.

----------
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ragenaut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:56:28 pm by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 20, 2016, 02:00:33 pm »

"Waaaaait, was Vader actually on Hoth?  Eh."

Do we have, like, snowsuits or something?  If not, acquire protection from cold...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 20, 2016, 02:03:13 pm »

"So wait, you're telling me we're NOT supposed to kill each other and instead have to kill Darth Vader?" I then sighed and walked over to the firefight. If I see Vader or any of the 501st legion charge em, otherwise search for one of them and keep stealthy.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 20, 2016, 02:44:42 pm »

"Waaaaait, was Vader actually on Hoth?  Eh."

Do we have, like, snowsuits or something?  If not, acquire protection from cold...

IIRC, he was there to watch the Falcon escape at the end of battle. I presume he was still on planet for at least a couple of hours.

And yeah, protection from the cold's good. I presume either the Operator or Jaws gave you snowsuits, but even as GM, I don't know. I may roll an equipment check at the start of Round 1 to see if you do. Even if you don't, I'm pretty sure you guys could look for an abandoned Wampa cave.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 20, 2016, 04:30:40 pm »

((Would I have illusion magic as an ability?  What are the actual limitations of that?)).

"Hm, so no immediate conflict then.  That's fine.  Always wanted to fight Vader.  Kinda."

Search for warm clothing or a warm location.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 20, 2016, 04:34:51 pm »

@NRDL: I suppose it would be the same as in Skyrim, where you could summon Ethereal Creatures and Ethereal Weapons, at the cost of Mana or your respective Magic bar. I'll add it to your abilities. As for limitations, as I said, the same as in Skyrim, at least during my very brief look into using the school for myself.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 20, 2016, 04:47:48 pm »

((Interesting, I thought Ethereal weapons was conjuration based, not that I'm complaining  :P.  I was thinking more along the lines of frenzy, calm, invisibility, but I'll work with whatever you choose ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 20, 2016, 04:54:51 pm »

@NRDL: ...*facepalms* I mixed the two up. Don't try anything. I got Illusion and Conjurartion mixed up. Illusion is the mind altering magic. I'll alter the ability. I apologize, it appears that I'm quite daft.

EDIT: Quite. Daft. And I'm not even British, that's how daft I am.

EDIT2: Now, ask yourself this: am I daft for getting the two mixed up, or for not researching it like I usually do? Answer: Yes.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:35:28 am by Greatness942 »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 21, 2016, 11:47:51 am »

I think I like this loadout. I think I like it a lot. The double shotguns are nice. I am deeply amused however, that I can turn into both moths and butterflies. You know, just in case one of those things is somehow situationally better for some reason. (Time to research dangerous bugs. Sidenote, does transforming drop all my stuff or do I take it with me.) So we're all on the same team right?

Edit: In any event, action time. If I don't have protection from the cold, aquire it. If I do, group up with the others.

"So, how should we go about this then?" *I glance at ATH's mecha.* "I'd recommend we get ourselves some vehicles, as our targets are probably spread out across the battlefield. Besides that, we're bound to be outnumbered out there and some heavy firepower would not be unwelcome."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:15:57 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106