Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146492 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2016, 05:29:58 am »

Don't worry about it man. I'm not really bothered that much by it. Just my two cents yeah. It is your game.

Edit: As for why I'm reading, I'll always like the wiki wars, and you're a better writer than I'll ever be.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:32:02 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 14, 2016, 05:31:30 am »

And with that, we have all the actions we need. I don't know if I should wait to see if TCM wants to waitlist before I type it up, but whether or not he wants to, I'll probably type it up today.

Also, Beirus, I don't want to take that narration as well as the dialogue for the turn, but it was that good. So I'm just gonna ask, and do some other stuff...yeah.

@Person: Alrighty, then. I'm glad you, and the others, are enjoying this so far. See you next Chapter!  :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:49:31 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 14, 2016, 01:10:09 pm »

((If you want to use it for the turn, go ahead.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 14, 2016, 05:00:07 pm »

Chapter One: The Beginning
Match One: Deathmatch
Round 43: The Final Two
Parliament, Rwanda
Mid Morning, Clear Skies, Date: 7/19/2016

Beirus remained silent for a few moments as he waited on the stairs, his shoulders occasionally shaking. One of the benefits of armor covering his body is that it prevented anyone from seeing the tears running down his face and even managed to muffle the sniffling a bit. He waited until he could keep his voice even before he spoke. "Aswell, I believe that God has been bound. You saw it back in Muqur, something was limiting His ability. I intend to free Him, and to do it I will need a tremendous amount of power. I fully intend to answer for every life I have taken when I am through, but for now I must continue on my path even if that means the world will only remember me as a monster. Go with the Archangels now, to the Vatican or wherever you think is safest. This is a cross I must bear on my own.". Job and Esther step forward, hands shakily grabbing their swords, before being stopped by Josiah and Aswell. While Josiah is calm and seems very convinced that Beirus is a monster, Aswell is very obviously crying, his bitter tears making streaks on his cheek. When Beirus turns around, Aswell says, his words shaking as much as his hands, which are nervously clasped together. "I know that God will forgive you, and his judgement will be just. I don't agree with what you did, but by stopping this battle, so much will be saved. Sure, you just ended millions, but it wasn't billions. It wasn't the world. I may never be able to personally forgive you, but I still want you to stop this before any more lives end.", to which Beirus nods. Job, Esther, and Josiah grab Aswell, and fly out of the chamber, presumably to go to the Vatican. Beirus tries his hand at Alchemy, making sure to use the Philosopher's Stone for some extra edge. [9+2+2] He manages to get it working through this method: Through both Alkahestry, and the Alchemic boosting power of the Philosopher's Stone, he's able to place a beacon in the world, and transmute his molecular matter through space to do it. In creating this, he's become more powerful then any Alchemist in Fullmetal Alchemist, as they couldn't teleport, especially not like this. Thus, Beirus is the most powerful Alchemist to ever exist. With this new device in hand, Beirus climbs up the stairs, before looking at the now barren land of Rwanda. He looks up to see 3 pairs of wings, with one normal man in the middle. With tears still falling, Beirus looks at his device before making some quick decisions, ready for his last redemption...

Trans Serbian Railway

Despite seeing the Sniper walk away from the battle, PirateJoe is still cautious. Since this battle began, he's been shot, mutilated, and thrown around like a ragdoll. So, therefore, PirateJoe stays down. The driver states that despite the gunfire, that the train will still make it to station within the next 15 minutes. (Next turn)

While Beirus looks at the device, he swears he hears a voice in the back of his head, that's...laughing? Oh no. "So many dead people, and you just used some of them to power a device. I wouldn't be surprised if Hell just kicked you out. Could be worse, of course. You could have sent Africa to full genocide.". Beirus looks around, asking who said that. The voice then says, "Me. The second member of the Triad. The Operator? I would have talked to you earlier, but observing's just so much fun.", leading to Beirus shaking his head in half-fear, half-disbelief. Beirus continues to consider his options, all the while asking questions to himself...
-------------
BSN: The only news that's even in a forum game, let alone is a constant thing.

Just wanted to say thanks again for you guys supporting this game! I'm really glad this is an actual thing. Now then, I didn't plan the Operator's appearance because of Person saying that I dropped the plot. I actually wanted him to show up after Africa got Philosopher's Stone'd, purely because that sort of thing is deliciously evil for the Operator's character, at least before I establish his character a bit more. That's all, take your sheets, look over them thoroughly, and then eat them. They're nutritious.

Also, Beirus, if you didn't want me to use the Philosopher's Stone, then I'm sorry, but it did give a +2, so it's sort of a toss up between an addition and morality. Interesting, eh?

---------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 14, 2016, 05:38:43 pm »

To Vladivostok i go, then to japan i go via boat, why i am going to japan you wonder? Because i need to get to the Yatsugatake mountains, you will understand why in time. Since i know you probably are listening to my thoughts random audience member, after all my life is a tv show in another universe, many worlds theory and all that...

(If someone gets why i am going to the Yatsugatake Mountains i will owe you a cookie, aka something you will never get that's not important anyway.)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2016, 08:24:47 am »

@PirateJoe: Whoa, Meta. Dude, that's pretty cool.

@Beirus: Since I don't know whether or not you wanted to use the Stone, then if you want, I can alter the turn and the Operator's dialogue. If you want me to, that is. If you're fine with using the Stone this turn, then that's fine too.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 15, 2016, 02:40:02 pm »

((Nah, that's fine. The teleporter probably wouldn't be as strong if I only got an 11. And since my armor has that tracker too, that should make this round end quickly.))

"The who? What Triad? Who are the other two members? And most importantly, why do I give a flying fuck?" Beirus' tone is even and empty as he speaks. He has already decided on his course of action, and he doesn't have the time to waste with petty distractions.

Track PirateJoe through my armor systems. If I need to, use my Alkahestry to help. Then teleport to him. Transmute him to dust. Use the Stone for any of the above that it can be applied to.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:59:43 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 15, 2016, 02:42:50 pm »

@PirateJoe: Whoa, Meta. Dude, that's pretty cool.
(I do that in real life occasionally.)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 15, 2016, 09:34:40 pm »

@Beirus: I know that was in character, but that IC ignorance was still such an awesome comeback. "I am an all powerful being, do you know who I am?" "No."

Anyway, new turn's coming tomorrow, because I am super tired, and trying to do the turn in the middle of the night like usual will only succeed in a headache.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 16, 2016, 12:31:15 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 16, 2016, 08:11:55 am »

Chapter One: The Beginning
Match One: Deathmatch
Round 44: The Disgraced Alchemist
Parliament, Rwanda

Beirus looks forward, the tears ceasing to fall as he formulates his response. Beirus responds to the voice with rightful questions, as he can't be bothered with this. "The who? What Triad? Who are the other two members? And most importantly, why do I give a flying fuck?", he asks, waiting a few seconds for the voice to respond. Finally, the Operator says, "...Fair
enough. You didn't read Astrid's tell all, so you don't know, okay. The one time I boast and the person doesn't know. My plans are just starting, so I'll just leave you lot alone for the moment. Just...watch your back, human.
", before his voice disappears, the echoing words of the being giving Beirus a moment of quiet. Finally, Beirus figures out what he wants to kill PirateJoe. To do this, he combines his armor's tracker and Alkahestry to track PirateJoe. [8+2+2] Beirus immediately tracks PirateJoe to a boat on the way to Japan. With all of his extra power, he also knows where exactly Joe is on the boat and so, he attempts to use his Teleporter to pay PirateJoe a beating, er, a visit...it's a beating. [10+2+2] Beirus immediately transports himself there, no time wasted as he sees PirateJoe right in front of him...

Vladivostok, Russia

The train of the Trans Serbian Railway pulls into a station in Vladivostok, many people rushing out as they run to the station. One person, the Wiki-Warrior PirateJoe, steps off relatively calmly. He dusts off his outfit before stepping into town, asking around for a boat to Japan. [7] He finds a small-medium trading boat between Vladivostok and Sendai, Miyagi, Japan. He tries to convince the men and women on the boat to let him go with them to Sendai, so he can grab transport to the Yatsugatake Mountains, to do...something. [8] They allow him to come aboard, and they take off at that moment, as PirateJoe caught them while they were loading up. As they leave, PirateJoe swears he can hear something in the air, but he dismisses it. While on the water, however, the buzzing sound in his ear begins to bother him. Finally, an Alchemic flash of light hits behind him, and, not knowing what that was, he slowly turns around to find someone who looks like Alphonse Elric with what looks like tear stains at the bottom of his helmet. Before PirateJoe can say anything, though, Beirus claps his hands together and tries to touch PirateJoe. [9+2+2 v 4] PirateJoe gets his outfit gripped by Beirus, and he seems confused until lighting bursts from his chest! As he looks in horror, he looks at his left hand to see his hand begin to turn to dust. Due to Beirus's power and grip, PirateJoe gets one opportunity to escape before he gets transmuted and dies, and even then, his attempt to escape will be hindered. [4+2+2 v 8-2] Even though PirateJoe is close to escaping, his limbs begin to turn to dust and Beirus's Philosopher's Stone affected Alchemy is too strong. Even Beirus's grip is too strong. As the now red Alchemic Lightning dies out, PirateJoe's vision itself begins to turn to dust. As PirateJoe's body begins to walk backward, he stands in front of Beirus before saying, his words slightly muffled due to his throat turning to dust, "W-wow. I guess this is the end of me...w-was it w-worth it?", before falling over back first. As soon as PirateJoe hits the ground, however, he doesn't leave a corpse, but he turns immediately to dust as soon as he hits the ground, his clothes being the only real part of the man left. Wind blows some of the dust away as Beirus collapses to his knees and clutches his head into his hands...

Beirus has turned PirateJoe into dust! Beirus gets:
Nothing! Since he was the last opponent, he doesn't get an article!

----------------
BSN: Hello, I'm Well Hu- what? That joke's been done? Uh...

Well, that's the end of the first match! ...Or it would be, but Beirus doesn't hasn't gotten a wish yet! That's because he's getting an Epilogue round, one where he gets his options, which he'll need because I'm actually going to change the wishes slightly to something I like better, and a part two where the wish gets granted! After the part two of the 1st Finale, I'm going to ask you guys a question about what I should do in between, but don't answer yet, because it's not here yet!

...I feel like I'm forgetting something...Oh, right, PirateJoe. You know what, just gonna ask. Do you want to waitlist, because like everyone here, I would be very happy to!

-----------
...What? Is the sheet really necessary? Beirus just won! ...Yes, I am a snarky piece of crap, why do you ask?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 16, 2016, 09:10:53 am »

God damnit, i wanted that god damn wish, THE ONE MOMENT MY FUCKING LUCK RUNS OUT!!! [Insert rage here...] The secret plan was to try to get into gensokyo, get help from someone there and then kick the ass of whoever was dumb enough to come after me. And my wish? If i found out what Beirus did revive everyone -tcm he killed, if i didn't find out what beirus did... make someone i care about exist... and yes waitlist me, also berius prepare for the ic and ooc rage of a thousand suns.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 16, 2016, 09:15:13 am »

@PirateJoe: You shall be waitlisted!  The Waitlist shall have you...well, not for long, since you were the last opponent and therefore will be able to play again either tomorrow or the day after, because this epilogue post and what may come after will have to substitute.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 16, 2016, 09:26:00 am »

Would my plan possibly have worked though?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 16, 2016, 09:39:50 am »

@PirateJoe: It could have, so long as I rolled good to any negotiation you wanted. I didn't get to roll at all, though, because you got Py-...spoilers. You got spoilers'd.

EDIT: Note taken. RPing as yourself is perfectly fine. Thanks for telling me.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:44:55 am by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 106