Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146608 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #900 on: September 11, 2016, 04:12:07 pm »

I'll appear again for chapter 3, if I can.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 11, 2016, 10:10:15 pm »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
CH2 Epilogue: Cult of Interest
Ruins of Echo Base
Evening, Snowstorm (Calm), 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

BiggerFish stares at the orbs in front of him for a few minutes, thinking things over as he turns the possibilities over in his head, before remembering a certain show. Flicking his vision back over to Jaws, he blurts out, "I wish that the Machine from Person of Interest will exist, along with all its assets, its creator, and its resources and its creators' resources, that it will be able to work across the multiverse, and that anyone causatively related to the Wiki-Wars could not take direct hostile action against it.". At that, Jaws looks up to BiggerFish, the winner still slightly unsure of himself as he requests such a change. Jaws speaks, each clarification met with a nod of Fish's head. "So, you want the Machine? Finch? Finch's friends and teammates? Thornhill? And the Machine's Assets, which include multiple Team Machines. Plus the fact that it can't be harmed, and can speak through the Multiverse? Hmm, can we do that?". [10] Both the Operator and Jericho speak at the same time, making their voices heard, "Let the boy do it. We don't need to harm them. They may stop one plan, but it will not end humanity's troubles.", causing Logan to grab the orb, nodding quickly before crushing it, it's magic blasting through the sky as darkness returns to light, the eyes disappearing and being replaced with the glare of the sunlight. At that, Fish can already feel a cellphone in his pocket vibrate, and when he picks it up, a message says, "Probability of Cult of Jericho Involvement: 99.5-100.0 %.", causing him to look to the rest of them satisfied. NRDL, happy for his teammate's victory, attempts to throw a celebratory Thermal Detonator into the air. [3] It falls to the ground, causing PirateJoe to rush over to grab it. [1] Due to the aid of Jaws, no one gets hurt, but PirateJoe gets concussed by the explosion, walking around dazed as 3 afterimages of the world dance in his vision. In his stupor, he gestures to Izzik and Dretch to stay on planet, causing them to run off. Sir Intrigue, looking upon this panting and a wreck, begins to arc his blue lighting before trying to apply it to Luke. The calm causes Sir Intrigue to automatically close the Plasma scoring, the hole in Luke's chest closing as his eyes snap open. He stands to his feet and turns as a safe room door opens, it's occupants including Leia and some guards. As everyone reunites, Sir Intrigue steps into the portable Bacta Tank, not even bothering to remove unnecessary clothing. Still, his stomach wound closes up, and though his fingers don't return, he has an odd feeling that it doesn't matter much for the future. Stepping out, covered in Bacta, a purple light flashes as everything goes black...

An odd feeling passes Demon and Hawk, as though the fight should, by all accounts, be over. Despite this, as the cold wind on Hoth ceases to change and the sun hangs warm in the day sky, they don't care as their emotions get the better of all common instinct. Demon rises to his feet after the Flamethrower barrage, his eyes more calm and sane then the shaking Hawk's as he turns to the aforementioned Wiki-Warrior. Hawk takes this as challenge as he charges towards Demon, ready to break him once and for all. [1 v 1] Hawk smacks into Demon, and they both unceremoniously fall to the ground hard. Hawk crawls over to Demon, gripping snow as he makes his way over, before picking his Revolver up and preparing to slam it into Demon's skull. [6 v 8-2] Despite such a task, Demon still grabs onto the Revolver before it even comes down, leaving Hawk surprised as though he didn't expect someone with serious burns to pull through in such a fight. Against all odds, Demon pushes Hawk away from him, Hawk scrambling to his feet as Demon gets to his feet.

Demon turns his head back to Hawk, a look of anger plastered onto the former pacifist as if the entire world view died the same way Janus did. Stepping forward, Demon reaches his hands out in an attempt to grab Hawk, while also trying to pull down the healthier man. [4-2 v 4+2] Hawk merely shoves him away, leaving Demon dazed before he stops. Taking the simple route, Demon charges towards Hawk with a fist in the air, ready to give the man what for. [9-2 v 1] Hawk merely stands in place, smug and sure of himself...before ceasing to see and feeling himself slam against the ground. The occurrence? Demon punched Hawk right in the face, breaking teeth and causing his nose to break even more while also knocking the man unconscious. As Hawk lays on the snow, only barely sure of what just happened, Demon stands tall over him.

Taking in all of the information, Triborg suddenly changes to a blue color, his helmet the same as his Smoke form as the lights in his suit turn an aquamarine. Clasping his hands together, he manipulates Sub-Zero's cryomancy into an Ice Sword, it's blue color giving the deadly weapon a graceful edge as Triborg charges at Demon. [5 v 3-2] Demon suddenly yells in pain as he feels ice stab into his stomach, the blue blade gaining a crimson edge as it slides in and out of Demon's stomach. He falls onto his back, breathing hard as a large amount of blood drips onto the snow.

BiggerFish's eyes snap open, appearing in a brand new area. It appears to be some kind of subway car, the windows outside marking the car as being in a train station in Dublin, Ireland, possibly the railway connecting it to Connolly. As he sits up, he sees three figures. Two of them, both female, appear to be talking about something, while the third one, a male, sits quietly while reading a newspaper. It's headline appears to be about a missing persons case in America about Thomas Albaway, known as Charon on the radio ways. BiggerFish, remembering the bite marks on the body of said man, shudders audibly, causing all 3 to turn to him. Remembering his wish, he decides to attach a Person of Interest character to all three. To his surprise, the first one is one of the women, and he's glad to see her. From the brown hair tied in an asymmetrical ponytail to the black rimmed glasses, to her beautiful brown eyes filled with worry, there's no denying that the girl is Abigail Walters herself. Though her outfit has changed to a black sweater and denim jeans, clothes don't make a person, and Fish knows this as he springs up, already feeling her wrap her arms around him. "Fish! I-I thought you were d-dead. I saw you, you had y-your head...I'm glad you're okay.", she says, her English accented voice filled with worry. Soon though, it's filled with worry, before she lightly slaps his arm. "I thought you were dead, you git. How could you bloody scare me like that?", leading for Fish to say, "Don't worry, Abigail. I'm not going to make a habit of dying. I'm only here because I lived.". She smiles and leads him over to a small room, with a table and some cool mugs of coffee sat upon it, and as Abigail talks about the specifications of what's happening, BiggerFish thinks, "Abbie's the Finch here. Okay, I can kinda see it. Only she's more nervous...and not Michael Emerson...and if she's a dude I'll be very surprised.", only for her to lightly smack him again. "Pay attention, Fish. ...I've missed you, you know? After you died...I sort of went out like a light. I guess the painkillers worked wonders. Regardless, this is kind of important. Now, I'm sure you know what the Machine does, yeah? Good. I'm the one who grabs the numbers and tells everyone where to go. Speaking of, Alexis! Carter! My friend's here!", leading to the other two walking towards them. "Alexis" appears to be around 25-28 years old, with long blonde hair and wearing a shirt, jacket, and scarf along with baggy pants and grey boots. She speaks with a calm and confident Russian accent. "Yes, Abi-Oh! You must be Mr. Fish. I'm Alexis Dorchev. If you can believe it, according to Abigail, a purple light dragged me here. Would be ridiculous if I didn't see it.". Abigail began explaining, about how everyone was brought to this place by Magic, and while still listening, he tries to figure Alexis out. "Blunt and forceful. Hmm...", only for Abigail to tell Alexis to tell Fish what she brings to the table. "With the world empty, I guess it's alright. I was in the Russian military, Special Forces unit. You know...", leading Fish to ask if she's former Spetsnaz. With a cocky smile and the word "former" repeated in a teasing matter, Fish's thoughts spell out "Reese. She's Reese.". Finally, Carter appears. With a casual outfit of a T-Shirt, jeans, and a baseball cap, it takes Fish awhile to see that he's holding a bloodsoaked labcoat. "Yes, Abigail?", he says, in an Irish accent, before turning to Fish. Placing the labcoat on the table, he continues, "Oh, you must be Fish. ...I'm a Doctor, I wasn't like performing experiments, or removing tumors. Side effect of having no change of clothes before being dragged here.". BiggerFish tries to tally p their personalities to make it easier. Abigail was shy and geeky, Alexis was calm and cocky, and judging from the tone of voice and occupation, Fish guesses, merely guesses, that he's the sarcastic straight-man in the wacky world. "I don't know who he is in this group. Perhaps Shaw? I guess we'll see.", before he speaks up. "Alright, first thing's first. Where's Finch and crew? And the other teams?", leading Abigail to explain. "Logan Pierce is spearheading a team like us in Washington. As for the main team from the show, because I watched the show...gone. The only o-one I got around to tracking is F-Finch, and he's in Italy under a new name. Series 5 finale, I suppose.". Sighing, Fish continues, "Well, what are we doing here, does the Machine still work the same? You know, Thornhill and the like?", to which Abigail replies, "Y-yeah! We've got Thornhill, and we've already made a purchase through it. Don't know if anyone's on Earth to get the shipment, but I suppose Alexis will get it.", only for Alexis to nod her head. "Now, firstly...yes, the Machine's alive. I've heard it speak before you got here. Speaks in Root's voice, actually, which is quite creepy. We've got Relevant Numbers and the like. What's interesting is what we've set the Relevant Numbers to.", only for Alexis to speak up. "I'm the one who got it working for the so called "Cult of Jericho", as Abbie calls them. Got into a data record that grouped them together. If a Relevant Number comes up, we have someone.", with Carter only nodding. Fish nods as well, wanting to ask more questions later, except that Carter speaks up. "If we're going off to die, we need a name to attach to our dying words. What do you have, Mr. Fish?", the only admonishment being from Abigail for it's pessimism. Fish, thinking it over, then replies "I don't think we have names. We're just...a cell.. Right now, he has The Machine, Abigail, and two new companions to take the Cult of Jericho on...Those that are Mortal are intelligent and resourceful. But like I said, there will be more then us if we fail. The cosmos hold many secrets, and this is and was only the beginning...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:51:03 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 11, 2016, 10:56:40 pm »

((So the winner can make a wish that would normally be multiple related wishes so long as they pass a roll? Seems like a good precedent.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 11, 2016, 11:07:06 pm »

((So the winner can make a wish that would normally be multiple related wishes so long as they pass a roll? Seems like a good precedent.))

As Master of Sarcasm, I can tell that was a legitimate observation. It's usually hard to tell with text.  :-\

And yeah, I needed a way to give people what they want, while giving the characters enough autonomy to say no to things they didn't agree on. I think it works.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:11:44 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 11, 2016, 11:40:49 pm »

"Abigail, I was so worried about you, it's good to see you again.

Shaw should still be active..."

Hugs?  Hugs.

Wait.  That doctor, I am suspicious of that doctor...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:46:49 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 12, 2016, 03:09:46 am »

Use my last breaths to grab Hawk, and use him as a shield against Triborg. If Triborg doesn't kill him, break his neck, before collapsing.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 12, 2016, 04:29:59 am »

Go hit on Princess Leia, wherever she is.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 12, 2016, 04:31:07 am »

Go hit on Princess Leia, wherever she is.

*Spit takes in surprise!*

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 12, 2016, 04:32:39 am »

Well its not like theres much else to do  :P  If I get to fist fight Han Solo before this scenario ends, I'll fade into oblivion a happy man.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 12, 2016, 04:34:18 am »

Well its not like theres much else to do  :P  If I get to fist fight Han Solo before this scenario ends, I'll fade into oblivion a happy man.

This is true...

*adds to to-do list* 1. Let NRDL deck Han Solo at least once before Chapter Three.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 12, 2016, 04:35:44 am »

You're the best Greatness *hug*
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 12, 2016, 05:02:39 am »

You're the best Greatness *hug*

Aw, thanks! *hugs back*  :D

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 12, 2016, 10:03:44 am »

That was a good punch. Try to get up and finish murdering Demon. If getting up doesn't work out, hope that Triborg rolls good.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 13, 2016, 11:55:44 am »

I am really sorry for the lack of an update. Whenever I work on the turn, it's usually at a bad time to start it up, like when someone needs my Laptop or I'm trying to stay awake long enough to type a sentence. I'll try and get it out when I can.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 13, 2016, 04:19:18 pm »

Demon vs. Hawk
Imperial F.O.B 79-281 North
Late Evening, Calm Weather, 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

Sharp breaths echo through the air, the sound of them causing anyone listening to shake, including DigitalDemon, who can feel pain coming from every point in his body. Knowing that the end is near, he slowly stands back up, feeling such heavy blood loss that each step feels like a crushing blow on every body part. Demon grabs Hawk, and tries desperately to pick him up, feeling weakness and pain everywhere. [7-3] He barely manages to pick him up by the robe, weakly holding him up to chest level, leading to his idea of a human shield to gain less leverage. Still, he hoists Hawk up with all the strength left in his body, waiting until Triborg's attack to do anything else.

Darkness reigns in Hawk's vision as he feels light pain covering his unconscious face, when he feels through the subconscious void his weight being dragged upward, just barely held up. At that, Hawk tries to pull through the veil of darkness, and wake up to finish his mission. [4] He just barely opens his eyes and see Demon standing above him, his hands grabbing his robes in desperation, before he closes his eyes to the darkness, overwhelming pain returning as he pulls his Revolver back out, and tries to fire while still seeing black. [7-2 v 4-3] Despite his inability to see, Hawk still places the barrel up Demon's chin, before he fires, causing the bullet to shoot up Demon's skull, and exit through the top. Demon collapses onto the snow, and Hawk tries to feel for his enemy's pulse. [5] He feels one of the weakest pulses in history slowly stop, leading to him bringing Triborg over. Triborg switches back to Cyrax, who calmly places a bomb upon Demon's chest. [9 vs. Auto-Failure (Injuries+Unconsciousness+Demon Action="Collapse")] A large explosion smashes through the ground, covering the snow covered land in blood and gore, to which Hawk fully wakes up to see. Hawk stands up, only to be engulfed in purple light, his vision blacking out one last time...

As Jess Warner and company walk back to their helicopter, I expected nothing more then to go back home. What actually happened? Suddenly, a burst of purple light burst through behind them, causing them to all turn around. Emerging from the light is NRDL, who has been stripped of his power and weapons and looks like an average man. Jess first speaks with, "Wait, how di-", only to be interrupted with "Can't talk. Carrie Fisher. Bye!", with him then running into the ruins with great importance. Logan says "Did he just break through a teleportation spell?, only for Jess to begin sputtering wildly, running around trying to find out what just happened. Beirus says, "Did he just break Jess?", to which Veronica responds with "Dude...I'm just shocked.". While inside, NRDL makes a beeline for Leia. He slides up to her in a slightly creepy manner and begins flirting. [9] Things are actually going pretty well for NRDL...until Han shows up. When he asks what NRDL is doing, [9 v 6] NRDL smacks him in the face with a closed fist, before jumping up and vanishing again.

BiggerFish takes in all the new sights and sounds, the smile plastered on his face being genuine as he feels real peace. Stepping towards Abigail, he brings her to a hug, just taking in everything. "Abigail, I was so worried about you, it's good to see you again.", causing her to hug him as well. "I...I was worried, too. I thought you died...a-and I-", only to him to break the hug and look her in the eyes. Her eyes are teary and there's a visible blush on her cheeks. Before either one can say anything, Carter says, "Abigail, stop talking to your boyfriend. We have a mission to do, you know.", leading to the two of them backing away suspiciously quickly. BiggerFish then says, "Ahem, right! Um...wait, isn't Shaw still active?", causing Abigail to snap her fingers before rushing over to The Machine, trying to track her. [2] "Can't find any trace, and I'm not getting a number anywhere. I could, perhaps, tap some phones or contact Thornhill, but all the way in the US? It might be better to just focus on what we're doing now.", causing BiggerFish to sigh before turning to Carter. "So! Doctor, huh? What is it that you did exactly?", leading to Carter to turn around and say, "Surgeon. Mainly specialized in tumors. Liver cancer and the like.", yet BiggerFish is still suspicious, leading to him trying to find something out about him. [2] If Carter is hiding something, which Fish isn't sure about, then he's good at it. From giving the best answers to questions, to him calmly redirecting certain ones. Before long, Fish forgets his suspicion as the two of them just...talk. Before long, though, Abigail turns around, before telling them, "Um, guys?", causing all three to turn to her. A number, a relevant number comes up on Fish's and Abigail's phones. It's located in Germany, and it's sent to the team present in Ireland. BiggerFish's team. Abigail asks, "Is that how it works in the show?, to which Fish replies, "Maybe, maybe not. We have a lead now, so let's think about this.", with all 4 of them looking at the picture and talking. Before long, BiggerFish comes up with a plan...

Hmm...hook? What's going to happen is that no matter what Fish says, there's an event that will happen, depended on a roll. That segment will be after the intermission, before we move on to Chapter Three. Makes sense? Good. Also, if there were any errors in regards to the Relevant Number system, please tell me so I can edit the turn.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:52:37 pm by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106