Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146598 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #855 on: September 07, 2016, 07:47:31 pm »

BiggerFish gave an interesting idea on Los Cazadores's Discord chat. Would you guys like a Wiki-Warfare: Cataclysm Discord chat? I think it would be a cool place to talk about the story, talk about the game, and/or talk about anything or post any video, without adding off-topic replies here.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 07, 2016, 08:14:10 pm »

"Hmp, don't think for a second that walls will save you now." I muttered under my breath as I teleported into the room and then...I used the portals of gargos to stab Vader in the head as he was distracted with Person.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 07, 2016, 10:26:48 pm »

Follow the sounds of fighting, and reach the room where Vader clearly is, whilst casting INVISIBILITY on myself.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 07, 2016, 11:05:08 pm »

Back away, and use the Harmful Lightning on Vader.

(Well, those fingers are properly vaporized I assume. Can I lightning heal myself? Still I'm doing pretty well for fighting a Sith Lord and all that. Also part of me is hoping that Vader counters with his own lightning. He can probably do that right?)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 07, 2016, 11:22:24 pm »

Back away, and use the Harmful Lightning on Vader.

(Well, those fingers are properly vaporized I assume. Can I lightning heal myself? Still I'm doing pretty well for fighting a Sith Lord and all that. Also part of me is hoping that Vader counters with his own lightning. He can probably do that right?)

You could try, but Half Life's damage model means that I'm not sure they can regrow missing limbs with that lightning.

Also, no, Vader can't produce Force Lightning. It's because of his artificial limbs. Since they're mechanical, they can't conduct Lightning without possibly killing him. Not to make you feel stupid, but you did ask. (Continuity Nazi away!)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:44:00 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 08, 2016, 03:43:56 am »

Ah neat. That's canon then is it? (Yes it is I checked myself don't answer this.) Lightsabers are probably good at blocking this sort of attack anyway, but I have to try it at least once. Especially given that apparently weakness to lightning.

Well, I'll just have to get myself a robot arm. No sense using the bacta on just my fingers. Or I could try to re attach them, as looking back it said they rolled onto the ground(not vaporized). That'd be weird though, and I doubt I have the time. As an aside, I don't really use discord much, though I get the appeal. As for mechanics, I prefer more freeform things myself, but this seems fine.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 03:50:59 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 08, 2016, 04:13:38 am »

Ah neat. That's canon then is it? (Yes it is I checked myself don't answer this.) Lightsabers are probably good at blocking this sort of attack anyway, but I have to try it at least once. Especially given that apparently weakness to lightning.

Well, I'll just have to get myself a robot arm. No sense using the bacta on just my fingers. Or I could try to re attach them, as looking back it said they rolled onto the ground(not vaporized). That'd be weird though, and I doubt I have the time. As an aside, I don't really use discord much, though I get the appeal. As for mechanics, I prefer more freeform things myself, but this seems fine.

Cool, thanks! Nice to know what I'm doing right now works. As for Discord, that'll be in the morning. It's cool if you don't show up, though. Not to invalidate you, of course. It just won't be a requirement, since if there's an update posted on there, I'll be posting it here anyway. Just wanted a central hub so as to not clog the thread up...plus having an Off-Topic channel where everyone can just post whatever.

EDIT: What I obviously meant to say was that Discord will go up when it goes up. Did you expect anything else?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:45:00 pm by Greatness942 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 08, 2016, 06:38:07 am »

"Just leave him with the bomb and stay behind me. Throw something at him if he survives."

Jump away from the blast radius and shoot Demon in the bomb-holding arm. If he throws it at me, Return to Sender.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 08, 2016, 03:08:31 pm »

@Announcement: Guys. We now have Discord.

Yep. Decided to go through with it. I'll post the invite in the OP, so if you guys want to talk story, gameplay, or even just upload Brutalmoose videos, come along!

EDIT: Self loathing's done, previous message terminated. ((//File_Name::)_active_1))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:00:58 pm by Greatness942 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 09, 2016, 06:54:22 am »

Bumping for an update. I've come down with a very bad sickness. Nothing fatal or contagious, but bad enough to where I don't know if I trust myself to type up the turn. Sorry, but it'll be a few days to a week or two.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 09, 2016, 07:31:16 am »

Get better soon!  *waves handkerchief like in one of those old timey cartoons*
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 09, 2016, 11:08:53 am »

Get better soon!  *waves handkerchief like in one of those old timey cartoons*

I actually have gotten a lot better, so I might be able to do the turn. Still, the stomach pain I was afflicted with might get worse as time progresses...yeah, it's just stomach pain, but it's pretty bad stomach pain.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 09, 2016, 02:15:45 pm »

Hope you feel better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 09, 2016, 02:38:46 pm »

((Hope you get well soon. Or at least less unwell.))

"I went to have a little chat with someone. Looks like I missed some interesting stuff, though."

Make commentary and idle chitchat.

Porkins: Go help Luke!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 09, 2016, 03:21:24 pm »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round Sixteen: Wounds and Scars
Ruins of Echo Base
Evening, Snowstorm (Calm), 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

Staring down the now brightened hallway, BiggerFish can obviously tell what's going on as the sound of a humming Sith Lightsaber fill his ears like white noise. Picking his Minigun up from the floor and holding it in his hands, he begins spinning the barrels as he makes his way to the metal separating Vader and Intrigue from the rest of the world. He stands there near the door, his anticipation of the fight making his hands shake before he slings his leg back. [6] A loud bang separates a section of the door from the wall as BiggerFish kicks it open. Peering in, he sees a battered and bleeding Darth Vader standing with his Lightsaber primed, ready to slice Sir Intrigue apart. BiggerFish slides the spinning rotor between the open section of the door, ready to fire 15 bits of hot lead at the Sith Lord. [7 v 3] Suddenly, before anyone can act, 10 of the fifteen unwieldy bullets slam into Vader's left leg, causing the normally intimidating Vader to collapse onto his left leg, his head bowed in slight agony as his breathing becomes more and more labored.

Looking at everything with frustration, the Wiki-Warrior known as PirateJoe stares at the scene before rushing over and asking BiggerFish if he got the Sith Lord. With a quick shake of his head, PirateJoe smiles a bit before muttering "Hmph, don't think for a second that walls will save you now.", succeeded by a shout of "CHAOS CONTROL!", causing PirateJoe to vanish, the area he was located becoming bathed in green light. Joe appears in the room, crouching down to avoid being seen. [9] He manages to hide behind a crate as he watches Vader attempt to stand. At this, PirateJoe attempts to make an unseen portal, ready to finish this himself. [8] Vader, somehow, cannot see the area behind him glow with a purple and green light. Joe unlatches his rapier from a belt before trying to stab into Vader's skull! [3+2 v 2+3] Suddenly, Vader quickly slashes behind him, the Force allowing him to destroy Joe's Rapier, causing the pieces to fall to the ground. Joe attempts to remain hidden to the Sith Lord's power. [5] While Vader obviously knows he's there, he cannot see Joe yet, leading the Wiki-Warrior to breathe silent relief at that.

At the sound of PirateJoe's shout of Chaos Control echoing through the halls, NRDL walks over to the door before peering in to see Vader looking around for something and Sir Intrigue's shocked face at his missing fingers. At this, NRDL attempts to cast Invisibility on himself, in order to get a closer look at the situation. [4+2] NRDL goes completely invisible, an invisible clock counting down to 30 seconds afterwards (1 Turn). After casting the spell, NRDL pauses to consider his plan, not sure if he should go in, before deciding he has nothing to lose. He tries to sneak into the room, his invisibility giving him the edge. [4+2] He makes it into the room, standing in plain sight as no one can see him.

Sir Intrigue stand there, his face contorted in agonized fear as he stares at the missing digits on his right hand. Taking a step back, he fearfully holds his left hand out, which begins arcing lightning through the fingers before long. Vader steps forward, causing Intrigue to fire the bolts out to him. [3 v 4] Vader twists his Lightsaber upwards, catching and deflecting the Lightning before sending it crashing into a wall, causing sparks to fly out from it. Intrigue then steps back, shaking in fear at the prospect of death.

Lady Porkins, the newest pupil of Luke as it were, rushes in after him, her feet carrying her as she runs to help him. She finds him igniting his Lightsaber, leading to Porkins wanting to help by opening the door further. [5] She manages to open it enough to get everyone in, ready to help any way she can.

Staring at your own blood doesn't seem healthy, but it's all Demon can do as he ponders what to do about Hawk. Finding the answer obvious, he twists a piece of the bomb, causing green lights to glow over the yellow sphere and a faint electronic ticking to take his ears. Clutching both the bomb and the trident, Demon sprints towards Hawk, trying to leave the bomb near the Psycho. [1] Unfortunately, before Demon can get there, the bomb begins it's detonation, leading to Demon to try to throw it before it's too late. [4] He manages to throw it at Hawk's head, ready to become victorious in this battle.

Hawk, without words or really any sort of caring, catches the close-to exploding bomb in mid air, before trying to return the bomb to it's sender. [2 v 5] While Hawk successfully throws the bomb, Demon dodges it a split second before it explodes, bathing the snow in orange light as though fireworks were being launched through the sky. At that, Hawk pulls his Revolver out before aiming at Demon's arm. [10 v 4] A bullet suddenly strikes through an artery, causing blood to begin to shoot out of a bullet wound in Demon's shoulder. He collapses to his knees, clutching the wound and trying to hold in the blood as his vision begins to blur.

((Auto'd 4)) Abstract, deciding that the fight has made him go to a slight breaking point, merely decides to sit everything out. Ejecting from his MEKA, he lands on the top before sitting there, relaxing.

At the sight of so many things, the light headedness Beirus feels is genuine and expected. Sitting down, Beirus grabs another cup of Fenrir Whiskey before turning to Jess Warner. "I went to have a little chat with someone. Looks like I missed some interesting stuff, though.", he says, referring to the events he had Rifted in on. At that, Veronica merely holds a glass out to her boyfriend, Jess clinking it against his own, before saying, "Sounds cool, man. Sounds cool. Who did you chat with? I mean, you don't really need a Rift to meet up with someone.", only for Beirus to take a sip of the Fenrir before saying, "I'll tell you later.". At that, Beirus stands up and walks to the monitors, shocked at what all he missed before beginning to commentate. "Wow! Vader's shown up, he's cut off Sir Intrigue's fingers, and he's heavily wounded! Demon and Hawk are still trying to kil eachother, and it looks like Hawk is winning!", he says, before going into more and more exciting commentary as his voice raises in a gleefully high pitch. Eventually, he stops before turning back to the group, saying "Actually, I am curious. It has been 3 years since you've seen eachother, right? How are the two of you already involved?", only for Jess to respond with, "Well, you know how people say there's a "spark"? A connection that two people feel? Well-", only for Veronica to say, "Dude, don't be that sappy, no matter how true it is or not.", before she takes a sip of drink.

Triborg switches back to his Sektor form, ready for end this battle once and for all in his master's name. Holding out his arms, heat begins to radiate off of his flamethrowers before the spark begins to burn through to the snow. [5 v 3-2] Demon weakly pushes off of the snow, only for fire to begin to burn through and burn Demon's face and right arm. Flesh begins to bubble and blacken as Demon begins to scream, patting away the flame only to see bits of burnt skin break off in his hands.

Vader, staring at Sir Intrigue with a look of hidden hatred, holds his left arm out. [9 v 2] Suddenly, Sir Intrigue is lifted into the air before he feels an invisible hand begin to strangle him, his windpipe slowly being crushed as he gasps and tries to flee. Before long, Vader pulls his hand in before re-igniting his Lightsaber, his plans obvious as he attempts to kill Sir Intrigue. [4+3 v 3] A red blade suddenly pierces Sir Intrigue's stomach, the burning cauterization doing nothing to heal the damage as Vader tosses the Wiki-Warrior away. Knowing where the fight is going, Vader tries to close the door yet again. [6] He manages to seal the broken door yet again, though he fails to lock it as pain takes his remaining organic parts.

Luke, upon seeing Sir Intrigue's pain, begins to cut away at the door with his Lightsaber in fury, not caring about the Dark Side as a fire rages on within him. [8] The door falls apart into pieces as Vader turns to see Luke charge in, Lightsaber at the ready. [8 v 8+3] Not only does Vader block each and every blow Luke tries to make with his Sith Lightsaber, but he also sees an opening and tries to strike back. [6+3 v 1] As a red blade stabs through Luke's chest, causing him to go limp, Lady Porkins screams in sorrow before rushing in, and grabbing Luke's Lightsaber. She re-ignites the blue blade, before trying to attack the Sith Lord herself. [8+2 v 7] Lady Porkins slashes through Vader's breathing apparatus, causing his breaths to go sharper and more labored as tears fall from Porkins's eyes.

Han and Chewie both try to fire at Vader, their red blaster bolts flying in at the former Anakin. [7 v 2+3] Two bolts pass through Vader's right leg, causing the soon to be dead Sith Lord to fall to his knees, his labored breathing echoing through the halls.
----------
BSN: ...Holy crap.

So, two things. One, thank you for all the well wishes. Like I said, I'm doing a lot better and it's nice to see you guys being so sympathetic. Two, I'll do the Character Sheets later. I'm currently doing this game on the Family Laptop and I've had it since last night. Next chance I get, I'll type them up in an edit. That's all...for now.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, DOING THEM NOW. Also, sorry about your luck, Demon. It's honestly just some bad rolls, these things happen.

------
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (Beirus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Darth Vader (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:35:34 pm by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 106