Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146577 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #765 on: August 17, 2016, 08:16:02 pm »

:D Well, okay then! Nice to know I'm doing something right. The Next turn's coming up tomorrow, because I want to actually sleep tonight, I've been pulling all nighters and it might start to affect my writing.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 18, 2016, 08:09:20 pm »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round Eight: Preparing an Ambush
Inside Echo Base
Afternoon, Snowstorm (Manageable), 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

At the eve of a battle lays an Assault Team, and at the center of it...is non-combatant Princess Leia, but NRDL is still vital to the mission. NRDL continues practicing his skills by running more calculations in his head, advancing through several mathematics problems, each one a slight bit more difficult then the last. [2+2] While he does go through some of them with flying colors, he can't seem to beat some of the problems. Perhaps it's because of the stress of Warfare, perhaps it's the opposition, or perhaps it's the fact that the psychopath who brought them here is currently hovering over the place. NRDL looks down at his Thermal Detonator, the small, spherical grenade glowing with a red light to show it's ready, and swears that when he looks up, he sees something in the base, or rather, someone. They appear to look exactly like him, with some big differences. Their clothes appear singed, and their skin is black and burned, as if they had just been lit on fire or gotten too close to a bomb. NRDL rubs his eyes, and when he opens them again, he finds nothing there, no footsteps or anything in the vicinity. He holds his head as though he has a headache before going back to a meeting area that Luke set up for the Wiki-Warriors.

Sir Intrigue checks his gun, and finds he has 4 shots, a shot full of pellets having been previously fired at a Snowtrooper during the previous battle. He places another shell into the gun, and pulls the lever, loading the round in with a satisfying click. Intrigue then walks to the Armory, eyeing the entrance as he walks towards it. As soon as he walks in, he looks around for the very meager selection of weaponry. He looks around the racks for some armor. [6] He finds some standard Rebel gear, so it's pretty decent armor, but nothing that'll work long term in a heated battle without some repair and reinforcement. He then tries to look through a few pocket areas for some Thermal Detonators. [6] He finds a single Thermal Detonator after searching through several pockets. After he grabs it, he turns and leaves, heading to the Meeting Area Luke set up.

Hawk, the man with the drugs of power, searches around all of the areas he's allowed to go. The reason being that he's trying to find a melee weapon, something that works with his Buffout to maximize damage. [6] He finds a lead pipe, slightly bent at the tip due to having fallen and impacted the ground. Hawk picks it up and waves it around to get a feel for it. It's light, but good enough to do damage with. He picks it up, and heads to the Meeting Area.

Lady Porkins walks around Echo Base with a helpful grin on her face, her feet hitting the metal floor in a quickened pace. She walks around the base, trying to find anything she can help with. [4] While she does have things to do, they are not important to the ambush itself. From performing repairs on some rifles to patching up some soldiers, Lady Porkins tries to make the most of her menial tasks. [8] She does each task quite easily, rushing through them with the same precision as someone taking their time. Lady Porkins does her work, and then rushes to meet with Luke and the rest.

Abstract Traitor Hero, slapping himself awake, walks into the Meeting Area and begins playing music in an attempt to inspire them! [6] He plays a familiar tune, and while it isn't an amped up song, it does lift the Assault Team's spirits, somewhat, and everyone gets ready for a battle.

Outside Echo Base, Hoth VI, Hoth System

Located at the F.O.B is the striped shirt wearing DigitalDemon, sitting in the cold snow floor of the camp as he watches the Snowtroopers go about preparations for battle. Some of them are reloading their weapons, others are fixing up their wounds, and 3 more are running back to the Snowtroopers. One of said runners says, "We found-", before panting. After catching his breath, he continues, "We found the Rebel scum, but they had help. One of them charged into Trigger, and killed him pretty much instantly. The rest of them are probably coming this way as we speak.". At that, the rest of the Snowtroopers begin scrambling to grab their guns and Thermal Detonators. Demon springs up to his feet before trying to convince them to simply leave. [7+2] "Everyone, stop! My allies, no matter who their allegiance is with, are only here to take down the 501st, an elite group that none of the humans under the Empire's pay roll can even join, and a Sith Lord who chokes his own men if they so much as let a Rebel out of this system. I understand loyalty, but blind trust in murderers and fiends of what's pretty much a forced dictatorship by a Sith Lord? Disgraceful. And even if you still support the Empire after what I just said, consider the fact that one of my allies charged into a man and killed him near instantly.". At that, everyone who is not 501st either runs off in fear or walks off in betrayal, their guns slinged to their arm as they leave. They walk off, in the snow, to a transport in the distance. With only the 501st still here, DigitalDemon looks for them. [10] He not only finds them, but they don't shoot him in the face immediately. Guess carrying dead weight makes you a hero. He finally manages to see their full loadout as well. The Black Armored one appears to be some sort of stealth class, with only a Vibroblade to his name. His armor is sleek, and while it doesn't mesh with the white snow, it fits a blackened area...like Echo Base. The Red Armored one is, in fact, a heavy. Carrying a plasma Gatling Gun, he also appear to have some kind of Rocket Launcher strapped to his back, and despite wearing an emotionless helmet, his body language carries rage filled glee, as though he wants to kill everything in sight. The Blue Armor is a scout of some kind, with his dual blasters. When Demon looks closer, he notices some kind of Jump or Jet Pack on his back, prepared to charge into battle. Finally, the Officer. He's wearing Clone War era Republic Armor, of a white color with red highlights across his visor, arms and legs. He's carrying exactly what the Wiki-Warriors saw: a Slugthrower Pistol, a Vibroblade, and a pair of Binocs. He's in front of the other 3, ready to fire at a moments notice. Demon merely stands there in the presence of the Vader's Fist faction, a headache forming as he looks at each pistol.

The triad of monsters known as PirateJoe, Izzik, and Dretch stand there in the snow of Echo Base, obviously annoyed at the fact that something as simple as wind stopped them dead in their tracks. The 3 of them wait for another opening, before charging back in for another ambush, or at least the preparedness for it. [2] They don't make it far, as the freezing temperature and the wind, their arch nemesis, prevents them from moving any closer. Still, they're on the right track.

If the Demigod known as BiggerKhepri had human feet, he would be stomping in violent frustration. He has tried peering to the snow, he's tried doing the same but with fire that time, and so it's time for the next step. BiggerKhepri does the obvious and flies up, circumventing the sight issue, but combining his sight with trying to keep out of his enemies sight. [3=Sneak] [9=Sight] BiggerKhepri flies right up to the camp, and sees the 501st for himself (see file://DigitalDemonII), but after seeing them, he lands...only for the Heavy to see the bug that he thinks BiggerKhepri is. He attempts to step on BiggerKhepri, his large boot heading right for him! [2-2 (Size) v 8+2 (Size)] BiggerKhepri flies out of the way, causing the Heavy to slip and fall. He gets an automatic counter, [10+2 (Fire Magic Bonus) v 8-2] and fires a burst of Fire Magic at the Heavy, causing him to be catapulted into the air. When he lands, everyone turns to see him. While still alive and in fighting condition, to say he's wounded is an understatement. His entire armor is breaking and warped into char-coiled black, and his gun was catapulted into the snow. As Demon covers his ears, another war begins...

Beirus sits back down, and looks over at Jess. He, once again, becomes calm and collected, though his voice is still quite shaky. Beirus goes over to the window and begins commentating. "Well, it looks like a battle has begun at Forward Operating Base 79-281 N, thank you Jess for showing me that on the camera. It appears that BiggerKhepri has made an enemy with the 501st. Hey, Jess. You looked at the mission details, any nicknames for them?", turning to Jess Warner himself. As Veronica holds his hand and Logan brings him another glass of Fenrir Whiskey, Jess drinks it before saying, "Uh, the sneaky one is ASA-2991, or Assassin, big sh-shocker there. The Heavy is BAN-9210 or Bantha, you know, those cow things from Tatooine? The Scout is NEA-3921 or Near, and the Officer is JAN-8210 or Janus.", to which Beirus only replies "Thanks, Captain Exposition.". Jess just nods his head before drinking. Beirus then looks out the window to try and find something interesting to comment on. [7] And he finds something kind of...terrifying, if you think about it. He sees the familiar outfit, hair, and piercing purple eyes of the Operator right there in the snowbank, but before Beirus can say anything, the Operator looks up and smiles at Beirus before disappearing.

Luke calls all of the Wiki Warriors in Echo Base to the Hangar, now designated as the Meeting Area, along with Han, Chewie, Ara, and the 5 Rebels. Sir Intrigue, Hawk, NRDL, and Porkins. The Assault Team heads out, ready to battle...
-------------
BSN: Yes, I got three 6s in a row this turn. Because the Gods of Luck just love symbolism.

I don't think I need to say anything, but I'm proud of this turn. Also, I fell asleep writing this turn last night...yeah.

-------------
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (Beirus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs and Factions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:04:27 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 18, 2016, 08:52:45 pm »

Take out the assassin with more fire.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 19, 2016, 12:39:04 am »

Flight of the Valkyries time, let's roll out.  Keep my blaster rifle at the ready.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 19, 2016, 11:51:09 am »

Okay I'm getting sick of this, if I win this I'm giving myself the wiki artificial on Aya forever and will no mater what lose it so I won't have to deal with this wind anymore, besides, I can just win again and again and get more wishes, like the one I really want...

Try yet again to get in a ambush position.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 19, 2016, 04:03:49 pm »

Switch to purple SOUL mode, and ACT > CHECK the 501st.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 20, 2016, 03:07:17 am »

Follow NRDL. Rap while we walk to raise spirits.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 20, 2016, 09:08:54 pm »

Bumping for the people who haven't posted yet. So...New turn's tomorrow.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 20, 2016, 09:43:31 pm »

((Sorry, been moving into my room for college. Here's an action.))

Beirus: Ponder a method to make myself effectively immortal through the use of my Alchemy and Aether Manipulation. Continue to make commentary if a battle starts, or tell jokes if it's boring.

Porkins: Go with the Assault team. Use the Force to sense enemy locations.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 21, 2016, 05:36:19 pm »

Follow NRDL.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 21, 2016, 10:38:52 pm »

Sorry for not having the turn out, guys. Sleep schedule's screwed. I'll get it out when I can.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 22, 2016, 05:08:16 am »

Chapter Two: The Battle Of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round Nine: The Iron Fist
Imperial F.O.B 79-281 N, Hoth VI, Hoth System

With fire in his soul and Fire Magic flowing through his exoskeleton, the only thing that describes BiggerKhepri is a Firestarter. As he flies around and focuses his powers, he looks out to Bantha, who is rising up from the snow, his body language denoting "I am going to shatter that bug's spine.". BiggerKhepri turns to Assassin, his Fire Magic ready to be released. As he focuses in on the black armored menace, he also focuses his Fire Magic and prepares another Fireball. [3+2 v 4-2] As BiggerKhepri flings the Fireball, Assassin throws his arms in front of him in defense. The Fireball launches with the Yellow Glow, and impacts Assassin's arms. Black armor burns blacker as bits and pieces break off of the soldier's armor as he flies back from the impact. When the Assassin lands, he checks his injuries. Aside from some burns, he also has shrapnel in his arms, the metal bits sticking out as small amounts of blood drip out of each wound. The Assassin gets up and grabs his Vibroblade from the ground before stepping forward slightly.

As the Demigod known as BiggerKhepri flies around and attacks the 501st, DigitalDemon stands there watching the battle unfold before his very eyes. As he steps forward, a red heart appears before him which swiftly turns purple. Underneath Demon's feet, 3 purple strings extend out in front of him for about 6 feet. Demon experimentally steps sideways and finds that he skips to the next string instead of walking. At that, Demon looks at every 501st member before everything turns black and white again...
>ACT: Check
*TARGET: The 501st
*Clones of Bounty Hunter Jango Fett, kept in the Empire by Vader himself. Assassin is skilled in infiltration and melee combat. (+2 Melee, +2 Sneaking), Bantha is skilled in destruction. (+2 Large Weapons (Miniguns and Explosives)). Near is skilled in his jetpacking skills and perception. (+2 Sight, +2 Using Jetpack). Janus is skilled in all of his fields. (+2 Firearms, +2 Melee, +2 Sight, +2 Orders and Leadership).

Outside Echo Base, Hoth VI, Hoth System

Inside the snowstorm stands 3 people-well, one person and two demons. As PirateJoe quietly rages in his mind, Izzik and Dretch wait patiently for their master. Joe eventually gestures out and orders them to run for it. [4] While they don't exactly make it to the camp, they make it to a hill close by. The three of them crouch near the white slope, in a position to have some last minute planning before they get to a specific position to attack.

As the Assault Team walks out of Echo Base, NRDL gets an idea in his head. As the Wiki-Warrior walks to his comrade Abstract, and orders him to play a specific song when they get to the camp. After Abstract nods his head, NRDL pulls his Blaster Rifle out and runs towards the camp. [2] NRDL charges forth...before being pushed back by the snowfall. NRDL looks up to the snow with an annoyed expression on his face, each and every snowflake seemingly mocking him as they fall to the soft snow ground.

Stepping up to the quite miffed NRDL, Sir Intrigue picks his friend up onto his feet. As the snowfall blankets the already covered ground, Sir Intrigue and NRDL try to walk through the snow to the F.O.B. [6] They both make it into the snowfall, their snowsuits getting covered with snowflakes. While they don't make it to the camp or the hill, it's merely so that they can wait for Hawk and the rest of the team.

Hawk steps forward as well, his shoes hitting the snow as he walks towards NRDL and Sir Intrigue. By waiting and walking at the right time, Hawk makes it to his Wiki-Warrior allies, the 3 of them making light conversation as they continue the way to the camp. [4] They only make it a bit farther before Ara calls out, telling the 3 to wait for the rest. Hawk throws his hands up in annoyed incredulity, Sir Intrigue merely says, "Alright!", and NRDL throws up a quick thumbs up as they wait for their allies.

Lady Porkins, the newest Padawan, runs out to her allies as she uses the Force to sense the locations of each enemy. [2] Unfortunately, it appears something is preventing a clear read out in the Force. Whether it's the Force itself, or something outside of the Force's realm is unknown, but Lady Porkins makes it to the other Wiki-Warriors in quite an excellent fashion. They walk forward as well. [5] They make it to the same hill as PirateJoe, and they even see the Wiki-Warrior and his demon allies crouched by the hill. As they all wait for the rest, they sit down and prepare a plan.

((Auto'd)) Abstract makes it to the hill, but they don't progress any further.

Upon seeing the Operator leaving the Helicopter, Beirus does nothing but simply grabs another cup of Fenrir Whiskey and quickly chugs some of it, a hiccup quickly emerging before he looks out. As he looks out to the F.O.B, he begins his commentary back up. "So, here at Forward Operating Base 79-281 N, a Beetle Demigod is battling the 501st Legion in the snow as DigitalDemon tries to figure out what's going on! BiggerFish has dealt quite the blow to Assassin, or ASA-2991, but the 501st can turn the tide at any minute. Also, the Operator's loose and will probably destroy everything because of who and what he or it is.", to which Jess picks his head up. He scrambles to a window and looks for anything that isn't supposed to be there. [3] He can't see the Operator or anything like it anywhere, which was worse then me finding him, because he could have been anywhere. And yet, he was closer then I thought. As he sits back down next to Veronica, Beirus can hear a combination of conversation about Pop Culture, flirting, and Logan's reaction to his sister's hand in said flirting. Beirus chuckles as he looks back outside, his eyes scanning the camp as he looks out to the battle. While looking, he ponders using his Aether Manipulation and Alchemy for Immortality. [7+2+2] Without using it at the moment, since it would be wasteful to use before being in a competition, but he has it figured out. So, he decides to use it later on. Basically, he will Alchemically create a capsule, and then use the Aether Manipulation to bind his soul to it...A Phylactery? What's another one?

The Assassin, his arms smoking and blackened, stumbles forward before grabbing his Vibroblade. He then charges towards the insect known as BiggerKhepri, his voice silent as he runs towards the Demigod. [6+2-2 (Localized Damage: Arms) v 3+2 (Size)] The Vibroblade scratches along his shell, the exoskeleton gaining a nasty scratch as he flies away from the Assassin.

Bantha, upon standing up and making his intent to rip BiggerKhepri's antennae out, rushes towards his Gatling Gun and picks it up, working through the pain as he lifts it up. He aims his Gatling Gun at the Beetle Demigod, his laughter echoing through the hills. [10 v 3+2] BiggerKhepri flies towards Bantha, only for 2 Plasma Shots out of 10 to hit his Beetle underside. While BiggerKhepri can regenerate, a combination of being close to the Magical Power Surge, and the placement of both shots causes BiggerKhepri to have to try to keep his form. [4] It didn't quite matter that it ran out too soon, as BiggerKhepri stores enough magic to keep his Beetle form going for one last burst anyway.

Near jets over to BiggerKhepri as he tries to fly up, and fires both blasters at him! [1 v 4+2] [5 v 6+2] The first blaster seemingly jams, a backlog of Plasma preventing it's fire. The second one is successfully fired, but the shot doesn't hit BiggerKhepri, who is slowly regenerating.

Janus turns to DigitalDemon, and walks over as though not wishing to get into the fight. He says, "Who are you? Are you with the insect?", while pointing his blaster at Demon's body.

The entire Assault Team: Luke, Han, Chewie, Ara, and the Rebels all make it to the Wiki-Warriors position and catch the battle in progress. The Assault Team and PirateJoe all try to get closer to the Camp. [3+2] While they get to the camp, they have to wait for the right time to strike due to the snowstorm and the battle itself.

I'm keeping my promise to James, or "Jessie" as he calls himself after...well, that's not important. But...soon, someone's going to see our true power. And when they die, they'll see what the true powers that be really are...
------------
BSN: More Plot! More Vagueness! Characters! Battle! EXCLAMATION POINTS!

I don't know what to say, except that I'm sorry for the delay. That's it.

-------------
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (Beirus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 07:02:15 am by Greatness942 »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 22, 2016, 05:31:07 am »

"Wait, we can talk this out!"

Using the information gathered via CHECK, ACT with the 501st to make peace.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 22, 2016, 07:51:43 am »

BY FIRE BE PURGED.  If and only if DigitalDemon fails.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 22, 2016, 07:53:06 am »

Calculate a battle formation in my head that would allow for maximum battlefield coverage and limit the blinding impact of the snow.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106