Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146551 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #750 on: August 14, 2016, 10:26:24 pm »

Next turn is coming soon. I don't think I can say how appreciative I am that you guys are awesome enough. Even after some actual, full on breakdowns, most of you are still coming back just to see what happens next. So, I hope I can continue to make this fun for you all.

I know that I might be a bit overdramatic, but when else am I going to thank people for just showing up?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:42:16 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 15, 2016, 06:45:32 am »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round Seven: Plan of Attack
Inside Echo Base
Afternoon, Snowstorm (Manageable), 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

Stepping forward into the hall, NRDL meets up with Luke inside, with everyone following along behind him. As he follows Luke to the meeting area, he first begins by running calculations in his head as practice, running several math problem to train his abilities. [5+2] While no true improvement happens, per say, he does appear to be improving at a steady pace. (50% Improvement, More Practice may increase Buff) At that, NRDL also uses his mathematics to run a simulation of the previous battle in his mind, in an attempt to better himself for the coming battle. [7+2] After running multiple rundowns of the fight through his mind, he builds up a strategy that could use to improve his team, should he wish to. (+2 to all rolls during the coming battle, whenever that should be.) NRDL then approaches Luke's location, which is a planning room with the rest of the Assault Group in it, NRDL seeing Ara along with Han, Chewie, and the Rebels. As NRDL gestures for the rest to follow, he walks into the room, prepared to help the fight.

Sir Intrigue, Medipack in hand, walks over to the beaten and battered Hawk, who is standing in place with a waiting expression on his face. Opening the Medipack, he finds a Scanner for diagnostic, a Hypospray, a Spray splint and Bandage, a Sonic Scalpel, Laser Cauterizer, Bone Stabilizer Compound, and a basic sample analyzer with a few sample vials. Pulling out his Bone Stabilizer, Sir Intrigue tries to apply it to Hawk. [3] Due to being unaware of how such a device works, he fails to activate it properly. He then decides to try again. [9] He activates it properly, mending Hawk's ribs properly. Hawk, who no longer feels ribs jutting into his, appreciates the gesture and says, "Thanks.". They both walk the way that NRDL went, talking along the way. They both reach the door to the War Room, before quickly entering to find NRDL and the Assault Team, along with a General in the Rebel Alliance, discussing battle plans.

Lady Porkins, practically a Padawan at this point, walks towards Luke's War Room with a bit of trepidation, as though she was meeting the President. She walks into the room to see Hawk, Sir Intrigue, and NRDL with the Assault Team, discussing plans. Lady walks towards, and stands next to, Luke. She then tells Luke, making sure to use her acting to the best degree [7+2] "Luke, it's best to end Vader's reign now. The war will end, we just have to fight. If he's here, then it's time to act.", to which Luke nods. He then speaks to the Assault Team, saying, "Alright. The current plan is simple. We're going to go with the standard ambush. We're going to sneak towards the camp in the snowfall, and attack at the specific moment they let their guard down. Is there anything to add.", to which NRDL stands over the holographic display, showing a rough outline of what the camp looks like. NRDL says, "After running simulations over and over again, I think I've found something to add to the plan. During the battle we've fought, I used my Sten to kill one of the Squads, yes, all 19 of them. By controlling my gun's fire, I was able to control specific shots. If we prime our shots, and fire all at once, we can eliminate a large amount of them at once.", to which everyone nods, until Han speaks up, saying, "Alright, sounds good, except we need to see to shoot, pal. What are we going to do about the snow?", to which NRDL only responds with asking if they have goggles, [4] only for Ara to say that most of the Goggles were either taken by now dead Rebels, or weren't there to begin with. After NRDL slams his fist into the base of the Holo-Projector, they all continue planning. [9] They finish up, considering NRDL's plan and Han's criticism, and break to notify the Wiki-Warriors. (+2 to all rolls for: Luke, Han, Chewbacca, Ara, and Rebels X5, as well as Hawk and Sir Intrigue for Duration: Next Battle)
--------------
Outside Echo Base, Hoth VI, Hoth System
Afternoon, Snowstorm (Manageable), 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

DigitalDemon picks Karal up onto his shoulders, before saying "Well, Karal... Doesn't look like you're gonna be healing any time soon. Try to get somewhere safe, do you have a base of sorts? Go there, if you can manage. I need to attend to the other wounded.", only not to see any more wounded. Keeping Karal onto his shoulders to help, Demon tries to reach the FOB, in order to bring Karal back safe. [10] He runs quite quickly, switching between SOUL colors to make it there faster. He reaches the FOB, and not only does he make it, but the Stormtroopers don't shoot. They merely watch as a striped shirt wearing Wiki-Warrior carries the injured Stormtrooper into a tent, drops him off after making sure it's a Medical Tent, and then ask around for any wounded. [7] The weirded out Stormtroopers decline, leading DigitalDemon to walk sit next to a heating device, none of the Stormtroopers really caring about him as they continue their plans.

PirateJoe stands there, thinking about Izzik's information for a few minutes before coming up with a quick plan. He focuses his magic, and concentrates as prepares his powers. Joe rips another hole into the dimensional void, and out pops another creature. This one appears quite stubby, at only 2'5" and a bit chubby as well, and has only one, squinty eye. His hands are sharp, dagger like stumps with a horn on his head. He's a copper color, and his name is Dretch. Joe gathers both Izzik and Dretch, and tells them to go to the FOB. Due to the sheer distance and the snowfall, they need to make an effort. [1] A large windfall actually pushes them back, causing all 3 of them to collapse onto the ground as they remain in Echo Base. As Izzik and Dretch stand up, Joe punches the ground before standing up as well. He decides to wait, stepping back to think a bit more.

TBF, remaining at the cliffside, is quickly growing more and more frustrated as he just can't find anything of note. Out of pure DETERMINATION, he tries, once again, to find the 501st, along with using a quick Firespell to provide some light to see them easier. [1+2] Despite the extra light, BiggerFish still can't really see through the Snowfall, as despite being manageable, it's still thick.

((Auto'd, One Turn Before Idle Boot)) Abstract walks into Echo Base, ready to roll.
-------
Beirus, upon seeing Jess's current...breakdown? I don't want to remember any of these moments, does feel some worry, but brushes it off as he continues to drink his Whiskey. He says, "Looks like they met Han. I wonder what'll happen when they find him empty inside. I mean, imagine his father. Sounds like a problem child. Eh? Eh? Yeah, Kylo Ren jokes.", before turning back to see Jess calming down and drinking his Whiskey with a few tears in his eyes. At this, Beirus walks towards the Operator and says, "Hey!". At this, the Operator, still in the Pilot's body, snaps his head towards Beirus with a face of what looks like vague interest and unsubtle, yet restrained, rage. Thinking quickly, Beirus says, "Hold on, hold on! Sorry. Um, can you please tell me why you hate us humans? I mean, just...why?". At this. the Operator stares before unbuckling his seatbelt and getting in Beirus's face. He then says, "You really want me to explain? No tricks involving darkness? None of our eyes staring into your soul? Alright. There's many reasons we've had in the Millennia I've spent walking the Earth. The biggest one? It's because you Humans are a waste. All life's a waste. In a pursuit of power, why would any one lesser then you matter? It'd all be easier just for you all to die. To cast your soul to the maw, the void. The expanse of fear and power. Where I'll be waiting. Where we'll be waiting. For you, for every human. For every bird in the sky, and fish in the sea. You know what? I don't need to resort to dialogue from cheap villains in your fiction and fantasy. I don't boast and expect people to fear and remember me. I take action. The only reason you 3 are alive is because you're necessary. Because those in control see fit to see you alive. I'm going to go have some fun. Nothing to interfere, wouldn't want James to freak out and shoot his pilot. Just gonna...take care of some stragglers.". At that, the Pilot suddenly slumps back into his chair, Beirus watching as the Pilot seemingly wakes up, eyeing his controls as he wonders just how long he's had this in Auto Pilot...
---------
BSN: The more and more I type, the more and more I like!

I have nothing to say, really. I've already said thanks for sticking with this. I guess, just take all the info you can, and be ready for more to come? I don't know. Sheet time, I guess...

--------
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (Beirus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:51:10 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 15, 2016, 08:33:37 am »

((I could literally hear Harrison Ford in my head as I was reading my paragraph.  That made my night  :D))

Continue practicing simulation running in my head., wait until the ambush is ready to go.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 15, 2016, 09:01:44 am »

((I could literally hear Harrison Ford in my head as I was reading my paragraph.  That made my night  :D))

Continue practicing simulation running in my head., wait until the ambush is ready to go.

Thanks! Sorry if I seem pushy by constantly thanking you guys and editing this to be nicer, but I'm in a good mood.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:40:11 am by Greatness942 »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 15, 2016, 03:46:10 pm »

Attempt to convince the stormtroopers to leave peacefully, resulting in less loss of life.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 15, 2016, 05:24:23 pm »

Wonderful, just wonderful

Try to get into a position for a ambush again
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 15, 2016, 06:38:06 pm »

Reload my gun and search for some light armor and grenades.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 16, 2016, 05:06:23 pm »

Turn on some inspirational music! Then regroup with everyone while laying down suppressive fire on the enemy.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 17, 2016, 01:09:53 am »

Bumping for those who haven't posted yet. So, welcome!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 17, 2016, 06:49:29 am »

Keep.  Trying.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 17, 2016, 11:13:29 am »

Beirus: Keep doing commentary

Porkins: Help with whatever you can.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 17, 2016, 05:57:33 pm »

Check if there isn't a melee weapon laying around. If there is one, take it.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 17, 2016, 07:07:29 pm »

I'm not exactly worrying about anything, I'm more curious then anything, but are you guys liking the story? Do you feel like there should be more or less? Like I said, I'm not worrying so don't expect a random poll (but I'm still the Vince Russo of Bay12), just curious.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 17, 2016, 07:43:19 pm »

It's pretty cool.  Looking forward to see how you integrate the backdrop with our actual games, considering the seeming omnipotence of the background mythic characters. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 17, 2016, 08:08:47 pm »

Da comrade, I do indeed like the games story, the only thing that could make it better is me winning. But no really its good.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 106