Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 142298 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2016, 02:27:30 pm »

Crap. Try to get some paper. Failing that, try to cannibalize books for paper. Attempt to write the novel once paper is found.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2016, 02:29:15 pm »

Ardent Debater urges 30 of the Townsfolk to go forth and slay piratejoe, for causing the Tornadoes! The remaining 10 and Ardent Debater go forth and attempt to slay birdy51, and the Beatles! If Ardent and the Townsfolk run into any other Wiki Warriors we charge them! Ardent grabs a Masterwork Sword to use as his weapon and he uses his Power Draining Gloves to drain the energy from any wounded Wiki Warriors.

"FOR FAMILY, MUQUR, AND JUSTICE!!!"

((OOC: I managed to find a working computer long enough to read and post. For my next turn I recruit more Townsfolk into my Horde and command them to slay the other Wiki Warriors with another inspirational speech.))
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:31:22 pm by Ardent Debater »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2016, 02:54:37 pm »

@Person: You shall be waitlisted.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2016, 01:47:22 pm »

Hey, guys.

(Obligitory "game is cancelled" April Fools Day prank even though it's not April Fools because I didn't think to do a prank yesterday, ha ha got you.)

We good? Alright. As you know, the game hasn't updated in around 2 days. While this is because UR hasn't updated, I don't want to rush them. Should I PM them, or should I wait another hour or two?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2016, 02:24:23 pm »

(Khm, with my character being unconscious, I assumed that my action is not needed)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2016, 02:36:10 pm »

@UR: Oh. Crap, yeah. I should have thought about...okay, sorry then. Uh, I suppose the next turn will be up in a sec. Sorry for not realizing.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2016, 03:20:21 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 3-A: Revolution
Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:36 PM, Sunny Weather

Hawk pauses for a second, his work on the Deadly Epic lost to the wind, or at least the Giant Tuning Funnel of wind. Hawk then proceeds to run back to grab paper. After grabbing another stack, he attempts to get started on his killer novel. (6) He finishes around 60 pages of the 150 page novel on how the town was vaporized by meteors, and a quarter of said space rocks also hate Musicians.

NRDL thanks the Mother for her support of his mission, and walks over to the JLA: Year One comic, and reads through the thing, trying to find a power that would suit him. He gets to the Flash, and proceeds to absorb the power of the book, of the Flash. Suddenly, his body begins shaking, an abnormal energy taking him over. He then makes a connection to the Flash's power source, the Speed Force. When his consciousness returns to the land of the living, he finds the power of Super Speed within!

TheBiggerFish, gut shot non withstanding, climbs to the roof of the house that the Alliance has. "Everyone!  This is THEIR fault!  They brought us here, they charged us to destroy eachother, THEY, IN THAT HELICOPTER, MASTERMINDED A PLAN TO SET LOOSE HAVOC UPON YOUR TOWN!  And they shanghaied the Beatles into an active combat zone for no reason! Also, no, I'm not actually breaking any rules by telling everyone else this is your fault! (3) Unfortunately, any of the villagers not already gearing up to kill Fish, due to being part of Ardent's revolution, are so scared of Jess and Jaws that they don't want to stand up to him. (1) To make matters worse, Jess and Jaws actually land of the roof TheBiggerFish is on...

"Thank you, kind sir and madam. I must ask, do you have a phoneline? I can raise my levies using said line." (8) "We actually do, good king. It's in the kitchen area." However, right before he can take the keys, and call up the palace, he witnesses John Lennon and Paul McCartney throw said mustachioed gentleman inside, before the both of them go back outside, visibly pounding Ukrainian. "Back away! We have no quarrel for you who break into the home of an innocent family! Leave now or me and my fellow men will cut you down!" (4) Birdy looks up, and just puts on the face of someone who doesn't care. TCM, taking this as challenge, steps forward, before being cut off by what sounds like a Helicopter landing on the roof of the building.

Speaking of Birdy, all of the Beatles, plus Birdy and minus Ringo, spring to action. George (4) makes a nice guitar riff. While it doesn't stop the last 2 tornadoes, it is a pretty good track. John and Paul move in to finish UR off (7) and find UR is awake, though still in critical condition. John and Paul (5) do not move in to finish UR off, instead letting George strum a sad riff on the guitar. The last thing UR hears before passing away is the beautiful guitar riff, and it puts them at ease, as they see a bright light to send them off.
UR has one last song! Birdy gets:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burton_Dreben: +2 Philosophy

Birdy himself goes outside, and mugs for the camera to win viewer support. (6) "You know, in hindsight, maybe I should have told them that the first battle was the only one NOT televised, since it was a test. There was a camera, though, and man did the people watching that camera love that Birdy guy."

Beirus and Aswell attempt another prayer to stop the tornadoes. (10) Not only does it stop the tornadoes currently there, but it also...

PirateJoe attempts to use more Wind Magic to create more tornadoes, but (8 v 3) lightning suddenly strikes him! He survives, and is still conscious, but sees that his hands are burned and shocked! He screams out in pain, and fear, as both methods of using Wind Magic, through his guitar and with basic gestures and incantations, are disabled and hanging limply off his arms.

DigitalDemon hides inside the well until he's sure the tornadoes are gone. He then attempts to use the powers of a Water God...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:49:58 pm by Greatness942 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2016, 03:25:30 pm »

Stuffing the JLA comic down my pants, I use my super speed to get the family a sizeable distance away, one by one.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2016, 03:41:47 pm »

Work on my masterpiece must continue.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2016, 04:25:22 pm »

Rewaitlisting
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2016, 04:49:22 pm »

(Sorry, the turn posted before I finished. The rest of the turn will be in this post)

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 3-B: Warn(er)ing of the Consequences

DigitallDemon hides inside the well until he's sure the tornadoes are gone. He then attempts to use the powers of a Water God to form an Ice Mech (3) but only creates a gun that shoots Icicles. Hmm.

Suddenly, everything stops as a loud yell can be heard shaking the town. "FOR FAMILY, MUQUR, AND JUSTICE!!!" Suddenly:
30 townspeople, armed with swords and axes un-befitting of a town like this, charge at PirateJoe (2 v 4-2 (injuries)) but despite being injured, he still fights them off with some well placed kicks!

10 more townspeople charge at the Beatles and Birdy (8 v 7) 5 split off and attack the Beatles, with one managing stab John in the arm! The remaining 5 attack Birdy (4 v 6), only for him to use his good leg to kick some of them in the face!

Ardent is right behind the majority of 30, and attacks PirateJoe. (6 v 9-2) He slashes forward with his sword, only for Joe to dodge around the strike!

Stepping out of the Helicopter, BiggerFish finally sees the people responsible. The person he presumes to be Jess Warner appears to be a Caucasian, almost Albino due to the sheer paleness of his form. He has shoulder length brown hair, and a sick grin on his face. Around 6"2', slim build, he's also wearing a suit with a red tie. What Fish finds scary is that the suit is stained with blood. Jaws is wearing a cloaked hoodie, so not much can be seen, except for his hands. They appear bone-white, with Purple Runes covering them. "You're right, it's not against the rules, but you still shouldn't bad mouth someone who not only is the founder and CEO of a company that makes robots for international military forces, not only put this whole thing together with magic, but is also a...Jaws, what'd you say I am? "A sociopathic psychopath with a long history of violence, murder, and possible cannibalism. " Jess nods, before pulling out his 44. Magnum, and pointing it at BiggerFish. "Precisely."

------------------------------------
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: birdy51 (click to show/hide)
-----------------------------------
Rewaitlisting
Gotcha.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2016, 04:51:31 pm »

((I believe in you bigger fish! Murderize the evil sociopath!))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2016, 05:28:31 pm »

((I believe in you bigger fish! Murderize the evil sociopath!))
((It's literally impossible to kill him until we reach the end of the Wiki Wars. Well, okay, it's possible. But you'd cause a time paradox.))

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2016, 05:34:24 pm »

A manly tear flies from the cheek of Birdy, who holds his hands out wide for the theatrical benefit of the non-existent audience and the attacking mob.  Visions of philosophy fill his mind! Of course! Utilitarianism is the answer! "No maaan! Not the Beatles! As Mills and Bentham tell us, their continued existence here will generate more hedons than we can handle maaan! Future happiness depends on the Beatles and by extension me living!"

"George man! Come on everybody! Let's sing a song! We all live in a Yellow Submarine, a Yellow Submarine..."

Lead the mob in a rousing, but peaceful chorus of Yellow Submarine! Back me up George!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 05:38:17 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2016, 05:35:54 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 106