Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146549 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #735 on: August 10, 2016, 02:44:39 am »

Stackexchange:Like Googling it, but better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 10, 2016, 01:11:21 pm »

Look for a rifle and/or a melee weapon in the armory. Then tag along with Person.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 11, 2016, 03:31:52 pm »

Bumping for those who haven't posted yet. I don't know when the turn is going up, but it will.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 11, 2016, 04:11:56 pm »

Beirus: Drink. Make commentary. Give info on any members or the 501st that show up, or other notable characters.

Porkins: Go see Luke. Ask for help to fight Vader.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 12, 2016, 08:24:40 am »

Chapter Two: The Battle of Hoth
Match Three: Elimination
Round 6: Skywalker
Inside Echo Base
Noon, Snowstorm (Manageable), 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

As the snowstorm picks up, every Wiki-Warrior feels the chill on their skin and sees the cold in their breath as they lookout for the 501st. Oddly, they all notice that the AT-ATs don't seem to be moving, no noise coming from either the cockpit or the inside of the vehicle. Lady Porkins gathers her courage to meet Luke Skywalker, feelings of nervousness quickly washing away as she hopped the barricade before walking to Ara and telling her to lead Porkins to Luke. Ara gestures non-verbally to follow, and Porkins follows her. They stop at a door close to a Medical Ward, and she tells Porkins to wait there. After what sounds like a pleasant, if rushed, conversation, Ara gestures for Lady Porkins to come in. As Porkins walks in, she takes the room in. It's quite small, yet spacious enough to fit around 20 full grown adults inside. There is simple enough furniture, and frost is covering the walls. No amount of describing the room can describe the feeling Porkins had for seeing Luke Skywalker right there. Sitting on a bed with a bowl in the lap of a tattered Pilot's outfit is Luke himself, dirty blond hair covered in snow and soot as he eats...something, it's not clear what it is, though it seems to be oatmeal. Luke turns his head, and says, "You must be the one who contacted me. You don't know how rare it is to see someone Force Sensitive.", to which Porkins only responds with, "I have a vague inkling. It's extraordinary to meet you, sir.". After some meek, yet spirited conversation, Porkins asks Luke of her favor, "Listen, Mr. Skywalker. Me and my allies were asked to come, or rather dragged here, to battle Darth Vader and his elite units, the 501st Legion. We need your help.". Luke looks up from his bowl of food, a look in his eye that denotes fear. "Vader? Did you just say...Listen, I want to help you, and I will. But I've seen what Vader can do. I've seen how he fights. And these soldiers? The 501st? I...I'll go out and help you. I'll fight Vader and his men, along with whatever Rebels we can. But...I don't know if we can even survive.", to which Porkins only replies with, "Even if we don't, it'll be worth it to fight for our lives.". Luke stands up, a limp seeming to develop as he gestures to follow. Luke tells her that he needs to get ready, and directs her to the Hanger so that they can continue. Porkins walks into the Hanger, waiting for her master to return.

Sir Intrigue, the British Rapping Soldier of Pain and Fire walks around the familiar sight of Echo Base with a smile on his face, nostalgia filling his thoughts. With happiness in his soul, Intrigue walks over to the Medical Ward, passing Porkins and Luke on the way there. Walking in, Sir Intrigue looks for remaining Medical Supplies. [9] He manages to find another portable Bacta Tank, along with other miscellaneous medical supplies. Sir Intrigue walks out to try to find a vehicle, or at least something that can substitute. [1] Sir Intrigue finds some Snowspeeders, and a riding Tauntaun. ...Well, he finds several destroyed Snowspeeders and a dead Tauntaun. Yeah, not good, but it was a chaotic battle.

NRDL, with Blaster in hand, decides to check how much ammo his Blaster has. [7=Resultx2=14] Checking the fuel cell "magazine", he sees 14 lights on the cell, indicating he has 14 shots before reloading. He then tries to see how many "magazines" are left. [D4. 3] He finds 3 extra "magazines", before quickly grabbing them. NRDL then finds Luke in another room, ready to greet the rest as they prepare. Luke then tells NRDL to tell the rest of them a plan. Luke, Han and Chewie (who they haven't seen yet), Ara, and 5 Rebels are going to join them in fighting Vader and the 501st. NRDL agrees to this, and walks back out to the Hanger, making sure to relay the info to everyone.

Hawk, arriving in a familiar location, heads towards the Armory. He looks around for a gun [9] and finds another Blaster Rifle, and decides to immediately check the "Magazine" size, and how many he can find. [6x3=18] [1] He finds one extra it's a Magazine. That's what I'm calling them. In the Magazine is 18 shots, and he finds an extra Magazine, though it's only one extra. Hawk then catches up with the Sir, making sure to make a point that his ribs are sticking into his chest.
---------
Echo Base, Hoth VI, Hoth System
Noon, Snowstorm (Manageable), 42 Months ABY (On Earth, 7/19/2016)

PirateJoe walks into the snowy field, closer to the FOB then any Wiki-Warrior, except BiggerFish. He waits for Izzik to arrive, and only a few seconds pass before Izzik charges back towards him, before stopping with his trident in hand. PirateJoe asks Izzik what he saw, if he saw anything. [10-2] Izzik doesn't say anything, but PirateJoe can still tell what he means. Izzik says that he saw the 501st Legion, but that the snow made it difficult to figure out their exact loadout, nor what they were planning. PirateJoe makes sure he didn't see Vader and that the entire 501st was there, which Izzik confirms. Joe tries to gauge how long they have before the next opportunity the 501st has to kill them. [3] He goes over what he knows of the 501st, and determines they'll go to Echo Base quite quickly. (3 or more/or less turns until next push on Echo Base. You can still attack them.)

DigitalDemon looks down, tearing up as he considers what Ara said. Despite this, he decides to stand up! Taking his Medkit, he sprints towards the wounded Stormtrooper, observing each and every snowflake as it softly collides with the ground. DigitalDemon turns the corner to see a Stormtrooper clutching his legs. As he turns his head to see Demon, he tries to shoot him only to drop his Blaster Pistol in pain. DigitalDemon says, "Don't. I'm here to help. I'm not like the others, who do what's right by taking lives. Let me see your legs.", causing the Stormtrooper to pause. Demon tries to aid the Stormtrooper. [5+2] Demon tries, to the best of his ability, to treat the Stormtrooper's Plasma Wound. While Demon does treat the burns, completely recovering can't happen yet, and it's unknown how much of his legs he can use after the fact. Demon relays this information, before asking the Stormtrooper's name. The Stormtrooper says, "KAL-2813. They've nicknamed me Karal.", to which Demon only smiles.

BiggerKhepri tries to check through the snow, trying to hunt down the 501st. [2-2] Despite being as careful as possible, the wind of the Snowstorm pushes him off of the cliff. While BiggerKhepri just flies back up, the storm still makes it difficult to check everything.

((Auto'd, 4 rounds of Inactivity)) UR throws his hands up in incredulity, before walking out to Jess Warner. "Hey! I never agreed to this, and I don't want this! Let me leave!", he says in a voice of half-way annoyance and concern. Jess Warner looks over the window, and says, "You wanna stop fighting? Go ahead! I'll see you off! before he pulls his 44. Magnum out! Before Jess can shoot and this moment still annoys me, a large, purple eyeball appears under UR! As UR disappears back onto the clean soil of Earth, he hears Jess screaming at someone, his voice as strained as Jess's sanity.
UR has been returned to Earth. As he's still alive, he can return.

((Auto'd)) Abstract stands guard near the entrance of Echo Base, his Fusion Cannons primed and ready.
------------
Beirus graciously takes a cup of Whiskey from Veronica, before noticing Jess is staring into Veronica's eyes. Jaws stares a hole into Jess's head, while Veronica merely smiles. Everyone merely relaxes, until UR calls out. After everything happened, Jess comes in and says, "Why?! Why did you do that?! I know you're a powerful entity, but no one interrupts me when I have someone in my sights!". Beirus thinks to himself, "Oh, yeah. I kinda forgot that Jess was, and is an unhinged maniac.". After the Operator threatens Jess's death, Veronica springs up to her feet. "Jess! Honey, stop! Just sit back down, it's okay. There will always be someone to kill, but I hate seeing you like this! We met when you were getting help, and I won't see you give up because of what happened with your father!", and at that, Jess turns around with a look of shock on his face. "M-my father? Vi...you said you wouldn't...". Veronica then says, "Jess, I lo-...adore you. I'm sorry, but I had to bring you out of this somehow. Sit down and calm down.". Jess wraps his arms around Veronica, before they sit down next to each other. At that, Beirus stands back up, a smile on his face before he looks outside. "Well, it looks like Luke has an alliance with them. Cool, can't wait to see how this goes. Also, it looks like there's a bit of a calm right now.", before turning around to see Logan concerned. When he turns, he sees the insane Jess Warner at his most vulnerable: being comforted by Veronica as he breathes slowly. Beirus reaches a hand out, but merely hears what sounds like a choked sob. To drive the point home, the Operator speaks up, answering the unasked question of "why?", "I only did that so that he could suffer in a situation that could fit him. You know...I haven't made you humans suffer in quite a while...we should fix that...
-----------
BSN: Yeah, you guys have said I'm a good writer. I'm actually proud of this entire turn. Make of that what you will. ...No joke, let's get to the meat.

Yeah, like I said. If you wanna come back, UR, you can. I was going to kill UR off, but I didn't. I don't know why, because Jess hasn't done anything in a while, but I think it's because it wouldn't be fair to just kill him off in a peaceful situation. Well, it's sheets time.

-------------
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LordPorkins (Beirus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 12, 2016, 08:42:29 am »

Follow along with the others and Skywalker, mentally practicing my calculation abilities to hone them, run simulations in my head of the battle that just took place.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 12, 2016, 04:23:54 pm »

Right then, might as well treat you hawk.

Use the medipak on Hawk to fix his ribs.

Planning on saving the Bacta for more serious injuries. That is, mortal wounds. At least that's if Bacta is as strong as I remember. Been awhile since I've watched star wars. Then again, it does sort of take awhile, which isn't ideal in combat. Bah. If the medipak doesn't work we will see.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 12, 2016, 06:13:27 pm »

"Well, Karal... Doesn't look like you're gonna be healing any time soon. Try to get somewhere safe, do you have a base of sorts? Go there, if you can manage. I need to attend to the other wounded."

Go in search of other wounded, and heal them up. If nobody else is wounded, assist Karal in making his way to base.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 12, 2016, 08:17:28 pm »

Summon Dretch and set up a ambush for the 501st
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 13, 2016, 07:48:20 pm »

I'll bump the thread now, and maybe PM people later.

I must say that I'm glad the game's going strong, or at least decent. You guys are awesome.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 13, 2016, 11:19:21 pm »

Beirus: Keep drinking. Keep making commentary. Maybe make a few Star Wars jokes. Nicely ask the Operator why it hates humans so much, and why it can't just go inflict suffering upon some other species.

Porkins: Prepare for battle. Tell Luke that it is for the best to end Vader's reign of terror here and now. Use my acting to be more convincing.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 01:34:27 pm by Beirus »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 13, 2016, 11:47:21 pm »

Meta-ly complain that Luke doesn't know Vader is Anakin yet.  Uh.  Not actually.

Come on, keep looking, don't I at least get a bonus for trying again by now?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 13, 2016, 11:54:36 pm »

((Isn't it Post-Bespin? He knows Vader is his father. Or at least has been told.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 13, 2016, 11:57:12 pm »

((Isn't it Post-Bespin? He knows Vader is his father. Or at least has been told.))

Nope. The battle of Hoth was in the beginning of the film, this is a sort of Alternate Universe where the rebels are holding out so it's still around that time. Bespin's at the end, which is where he finds out with "No, I am your father.", followed by Episode 6. I'm not saying I'm better for knowing that. I'm just saying that that's how the film went.

The continuity Nazi strikes again!

EDIT: I know that I don't have to apologize, but I didn't mean to undermine your action. It's just that this conversation happened, and I jumped in.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:42:24 am by Greatness942 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 14, 2016, 01:19:32 pm »

"Thanks."

Get treated by Person.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 106