Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146494 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #600 on: July 17, 2016, 12:18:40 am »

@Beirus: His name was Porunga. The Namekian dragon's name was Porunga. And while you could bring Porunga in, I'm not sure a simple wish could bring him, since you would need the Namekian Dragon Balls. You could wish for the Dragon Balls, but unless the 10 players of next match find said balls, Porunga would only have 3 wishes.

Otherwise, it sounds like a plan! See you tomorrow for your choice, unless you pick in the next 10 minutes!

@PirateJoe: Would be a foolproof plan, except your character is dead, and not in the Philosopher's Stone, where I'm sure the souls are no longer sentient enough to use that info. Now I know what you're thinking, "then how am I in the next match?", well, I have a plan for that...
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 17, 2016, 12:36:51 am »

((Greatness beat me to it, but I'd also like to point out that the PirateJoe I killed never obtained information of my mass genocide before he died, either, so even if he got his previous memories back, he still wouldn't know. The only surviving witnesses were Aswell and the Archangels.))

((Hey Greatness, what if I wished for Porunga to appear and grant me three wishes (or just for the Dragon Balls to summon him), then used the first wish for the soul saving thing, the second wish for a spot in next round if I don't have one, and the third wish for one of my starting Articles to be Aether Manipulation or Primordial Dragon Embodiment from the Super Powers Wiki?))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:52:39 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 17, 2016, 01:33:48 am »

((Greatness beat me to it, but I'd also like to point out that the PirateJoe I killed never obtained information of my mass genocide before he died, either. The only surviving witnesses were Aswell and the Archangels.))

((Hey Greatness, what if I wished for Porunga to appear and grant me three wishes (or just for the Dragon Balls to summon him), then used the first wish for the soul saving thing, the second wish for a spot in next round if I don't have one, and the third wish for one of my starting Articles to be Aether Manipulation or Primordial Dragon Embodiment from the Super Powers Wiki?))

That could work. I will only allow Shenron and his chums this once, though. Don't want everyone just wishing for all powerful dragons all the time, right? Besides, in game, there may be someone or something that could stop an outside force like that. I'm the GM, so I may know, but you can only assume...heh heh.

Also, I wonder if I should PM TCM and let him know he's dead...which is an odd thing to say if you think about it. Then again, I did say to eat your character sheets, so it's pretty clear that I'm pretty weird.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:44:42 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 17, 2016, 01:55:31 am »

((That works for a rough draft of my plan, then. Besides, if something could interfere with God (supposedly), I don't doubt they could interfere with Porunga. I'd just hope they wouldm't, since it seems like an efficient and novel way to use my wish. If I do already have a spot in the next round, though, I'd rather use my second wish to wish that the generated articles for next round are taken from Bulbapedia, and my third wish to get myself that Aether Manipulation or Primordial Dragon Embodiment article.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 17, 2016, 01:58:12 am »

Well, technically, you can't have a spot next match, since there is 10 waitlisters, so 10 players. If you want to be placed on the Waitlist, you can re-join in Chapter 3. Technically, that is a spot in a future match, just not Chapter 2.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 17, 2016, 02:43:15 am »

((Alright, I think I have it now. Also, when I was looking up articles to get, I found something really interesting on the Aether Embodiment page. Specifically, the character it uses as the example of Aether Embodiment. Which would also explain how this unknown being could affect God and Porunga. Although I could be completely off, I think that's the one I want.))

Wish for the Namekian Dragon Porunga to appear to grant me his wishes. Or for the Namekian Dragon Balls. However it needs to be worded to get those wishes. Then for my three wishes: I wish for the souls of everyone not directly competing in the Wiki Wars, including those in the Philosopher's Stone and my teleporter, to be sent somewhere safe where they can live out eternity in happiness, safe from the consequences of the Wiki Wars. My second wish is to have the Aether Embodiment article from the Superpowers wiki for my next contest. My third wish is to be kept safe from harm until my next contest while still retaining my self and agency.

If any of that hopefully works, then go with Jess and Jaws to watch the next round. Maybe chat it up a bit, get to know them. Oh, and see if I can be a guest commentator.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 17, 2016, 02:47:56 am »

((Greatness beat me to it, but I'd also like to point out that the PirateJoe I killed never obtained information of my mass genocide before he died, either, so even if he got his previous memories back, he still wouldn't know. The only surviving witnesses were Aswell and the Archangels.))

1. if there is a will there is a way.
2. I'm quite sure i would get my memory's back, it would be confusing otherwise.
3. You are wrong about the only witnesses, the operator knows as well and by extension, Jaws and Jess probably know too.

Also god damnit beirus, my idea was that when i won (Because i thought i was going to win... overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer...) I could sit out the next round as a co commentator.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 17, 2016, 02:48:44 am »

((Watch as Porunga goes THAT IS BEYOND MY POWWEERRR. Every fricking season.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 17, 2016, 03:03:14 am »

1. if there is a will there is a way.
2. I'm quite sure i would get my memory's back, it would be confusing otherwise.
3. You are wrong about the only witnesses, the operator knows as well and by extension, Jaws and Jess probably know too.

Also god damnit beirus, my idea was that when i won (Because i thought i was going to win... overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer...) I could sit out the next round as a co commentator.
((Ah, my bad. I meant the only surviving witnesses that I could have killed. I kinda figured whoever won would want to be Co-commentator next round, if only because lots of other competitive shows have guest commentators that have competed in the events being observed.))

((Also, I forgot Porunga did that so often. I may need to rethink my wish to summon a Dragon who actually gets shit done.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 17, 2016, 03:47:54 pm »

Chapter One: The Beginning
Match One: Deathmatch
1st Finale: Part Two
A Dock in Sendai, Japan
Late Morning, Clear Skies, Date: 7/19/2016

In the darkness, one finds that their thoughts penetrate their own mental barriers. In darkness, minds wander and no one knows where they shall go. Beirus has found his answer to Logan's question, his wish after a battle of what seemed like months, yet was a time that could barely be considered a day. "I wish for another wish granter. Give me the Namekian Dragon Balls, so that I may call upon the powers of Porunga, the Namekian Dragon!", says the victorious Wiki-Warrior, to which Jaws freezes for a second. He then responds with, "Alright, but this sort of thing can only be done once. I mean, think about it, there could be someone,", to which the darkness seems to turn in on itself before suddenly turning into thousands upon thousands of eyes, with dark purple pupils and more average purple irises. "who could be watching. And that someone might be able to prevent this. I mean, think about it.", Jaws continues, the eyes turning back into Darkness as Jaws pulls out one of the magic orbs before crushing it in his hands. The darkness dissipates as time around them continues. As Beirus looks down, he sees 7 large, orange orbs with varying amounts of stars per orb. Jess, still with a sick grin on his face, looks down to see the Dragon Balls. He drops his grin to a more healthy level and arches his eyebrow, obviously unsure of what just happened. Beirus brings them closer together before summoning the dragon. The sky turns dark as light comes from the Dragon Balls, before a large reptilian creature emerges from them. Porunga then asks Beirus of his wishes. Beirus responds to Porunga's question with, "My first wish is for all the souls not competing in the Wiki-Wars to be sent somewhere where they can be safe!", but Porunga ponders this, Jaws and Jess whispering to eachother as though they just heard a paradox. Porunga says that this wish can be granted. Porunga says that the Earth will be empty, but while Jess flips off Porunga, Jaws and Beirus seems relieved. Porunga says that he'll grant this wish, and Beirus can faintly hear Jess ask how a Catholic Alchemist knows fluent Namekian, but he brushes it off. Porunga then grants the first wish, and Beirus's Philosopher's Stone falls to the ground before it breaks, and disappears in red dust. The citizens in the shop begin glowing a magnificent yellow, before suddenly disappearing. Jess and Jaws remain, and after some quick phone calls, it seems that only a few people are left. Porunga then asks for the second wish, to which Beirus says, "For my second wish, I want to have the article of Aether Embodiment, the power of manipulating the Aether, as an article during my next contest!. Porunga then grants the wish, and Beirus can feel the power to create and destroy in his hands. Jess holds a hand up, and says, "He's still, uh, mortal right? 'Cause if he's not, then someone might be a bit...perturbed.", the end of the sentence punctuated by what sounds like millions of voices laughing, and millions more voices crying, before all of the voices quiet down. Porunga then responds by confirming that Beirus is still mortal, he just has a gift now. Beirus then finally says, "For my final wish, great dragon, I wish to be kept from harm until my next contest, while also keeping my current identity, meaning all my current articles as well!", to which Jaws says, "That's simply not an opt-", only for Porunga to confirm that the wish shall be granted, Jaws' only response being, "Oh, shut up, dragon.". Beirus sees that everything is the same, and Porunga confirms that it has been granted. Porunga disappears into the Dragon Balls, which fly up to the sky. Before they can scatter, however, darkness retakes everything. It quickly dissipates, but when it does, the Dragon Balls are gone. Beirus sees Jess and Jaws about to leave, and asks to watch the match. Jess begins protesting, but Jaws says, "Of course. If you want to join us, I'd be happy. Not sure about this guy, but you joining us would help with the no harm thing. You can even co-commentate, if you want.", to which Jess just sighs before opening the Helicopter door. In a threatening motion, as Beirus walks into the chopper, he sees Jess checking the ammo on his 44. Magnum Revolver, before climbing into the seat next to Jaws. The Helicopter flies off, and Beirus becomes aware that this is only the beginning...
--------------
And the first match is officially done!

Now, what was the thing I wanted to ask? Well, I had the idea of an intermission chapter. Basically, it would be a little story chronicling a story of a character. It would give background, personality, and humanity to our antagonists, for example.

Pro(s): It would give context to Jess and company, and it would give intrigue and interest into our characters.

Con(s): It might take away the mysterious and enigmatic approach, and it would take the next chapter slightly longer to start up.

So, yeah, should I have an intermission chapter? I personally think I should. I should do a poll, yes, but a poll has a maximum day thing, and I don't think you guys can get answers in on time, if that makes sense. So I'll just wait for replies to make it more simple, so, yeah...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:02:40 am by Greatness942 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 17, 2016, 04:45:06 pm »

((Let's go with those not involved in the competition or its operation. So Jess, Jaws, and the Cult wouldn't count, but Aswell and the others would.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 17, 2016, 07:34:05 pm »

Alright, I'll edit the finale to include that soon. Then there's that potential thing I'm thinking of, then the Round 0 for next Chapter, then the Next Chapter begins, so you know, there's that.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 18, 2016, 10:27:05 am »

((Bumping up the thread, because the edits are done and there's an intermission to think about maybe having. Still don't know if I should have a poll, so there's that.))

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 18, 2016, 11:19:42 am »

An intermission chapter would be fine, so long as its not ungodly long and doesn't take more then a few days.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 18, 2016, 12:59:21 pm »

Okay, I'm that case, I feel like I should go into better detail. Let me put it this way. It wouldn't be a chapter, per say. Rather, it'd be a post that would divided up into two spoilers. There would be a spoiler marked "Past", where we get some background and story for the characters. Then, there would be a Spoiler marked "Present", which would be set directly after the Finale of a Chapter, but before the Round 0 of the next Chapter. Now that I've made the distinction, how does the idea sound?

...Why yes. I can't explain things well. Did you just notice, or...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:27:28 pm by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106