Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 142189 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2016, 02:41:03 pm »

Give George Harrison my Gibson Guitar; with intent that he begin to ward off tornadoes with the magical guitar, exhort Ringo Starr to protect me, and ask Lennon and McCartney me to rock me out of here. All in all, this band needs to run! "To Strawberry Fields forever!"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2016, 03:25:19 pm »

take out my guitar and rock out as i make even more tornado's.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2016, 04:05:59 pm »

Strike birdy few more times  and then run away from tornadoes, meteors and BEATLES. Try to find a safe house
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2016, 04:08:52 pm »

Ask the family if they have a vehicle or transportation we can borrow once the storm is over, promise to pay them the equivalent of $10,000 U.S. dollars if they help me and I safely make it back to Rwanda.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2016, 04:34:18 pm »

Tell the family that I need their help, that I can get them to safety, but first I need to know where any comic books are, if they have any, or if their neighbours have any.

((Also, is any other player inside the house I'm in as well?))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2016, 04:52:31 pm »

I run as fast as I can to the local Government Building/Gathering of People and attempt to give a Political Speech to convince them all to help me kill the other Wiki Warriors to prevent the destruction of their Town! If I see any plants along the way I use my Energy Palm Absorbing Devices to drain their energy.

"AAAGH!!!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2016, 05:26:37 pm »

"It is good to see you also, Brother Aswell. But I do not think that we have the ability to stop this weather. Would you join me in petitioning our Lord and God for assistance in this matter?"

Pray for assistance to stop the tornadoes. Like a weather control article or something. Get the Bishop to pray with me to help.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2016, 05:28:32 pm »

@NRDL: No, there aren't any other players in the house you're in.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2016, 03:57:40 am »

((Hey, guys. Quick little question here. I'll post it in the thread because of convenience, mostly. I was wondering, would you guys prefer, on death, people going back on the Waitlist automatically unless asked to be taken off, or wait for people to say they want to keep playing, then they are put back onto the Waitlist? It's just something I'm curious about. Thanks!))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2016, 10:06:01 am »

((Waiting until people ask seems preferable.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2016, 01:21:15 pm »

Dang. Try and find a large body of water to jump in.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2016, 03:30:25 pm »

@TheBiggerFish: Yeah, I suppose you're right there. It would make sense to wait for people to ask.

Sorry about the short delay, I stood up late last night doing essentially nothing productive. Next post will be the turn.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2016, 04:47:36 pm »

((OOC: I might not be able to post for the next two to three days, if you want to NPC my character until then, go ahead.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2016, 05:01:55 pm »

In my experience, if people want to waitlist after they die (which will likely be at least half) they will likely be eager to inform you themselves.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2016, 06:20:48 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 2: From Bad to Worse
Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:36 PM, Sunny Weather

Hawk begins writing his Deadly Epic about how Muqur was destroyed by a legion of Meteors, adding in the caveat that around a fourth of them target exclusively Musicians. (1) Suddenly, the library rocks due to Gale Force Winds the tornadoes are putting off, causing Hawk's papers to fly away from him! They float out the door, only for several of them to get visibly shredded.

Speaking of Shredding, PirateJoe attempts more destruction, while playing a sick guitar solo! (Guitar: 1+1) He plays a terrible riff, before slinging the guitar back over his back. Then, with several gestures and an incantation spoken in several languages, some of which haven't been heard by human ears in millennia, he attempts to use more Wind Magic to summon more Tornadoes! (10+1) He summons at least 11, and at most 13 tornadoes that ransack several locations! They hit (3) 3 separate Wiki Warriors, doing variable amounts of damage.
(3 v 2) One of the tornadoes attacks Birdy51, and the Beatles! A piece of debris from the tornadoes hits Birdy in the broken kneecap, doing quite a bit more damage.
(7 v 9) Then, a couple more hit UR's location, but they dodge through the hostile winds, back towards Birdy, who is in heavy amounts of pain, screaming out a bloodcurdling yell that even reaches the Charon Channel Helicopter!
(4 v 4) Finally, the majority of the Tornadoes attempt to hit the house where TCM, Beirus, Brother Aswell, a family of 4, and the injured TheBiggerFish are at. However, in what seems like a miracle, the tornadoes actually hit eachother, and then dissipate.

Birdy, formulating their plan of escape, puts it into action. He gives George his guitar, with the instruction to use Magic to destroy the tornadoes. George actually tries this right then and there, despite the consensus that Ringo is the weird one, (7) And it actually works to destroy the tornadoes! Or at least the ones near them and UR. Then, per his instructions, John and Paul carry him into a nearby house, or were about to if they weren't interrupted by Ringo's job...

...Of blocking UR's attack! (6 v 10) UR attempts several kicks, only for Ringo to dodge them, and then attempt strikes of his own! (2 v 6) He attempts several high grade martial arts moves, only for UR to Indiana Jones him, and just punch him, knocking Ringo out cold. Seeing their downed Beatle, they sprint forward, throwing Birdy into a house and lock the door, before preparing to fight back against UR.

DigitalDemon attempts to find a large body of Water, though the only two things he can get to in a village like this is the local well, and the giant friggin' tornado. Decided to, you know, live, he goes toward the well, jumps inside. This'll provide some cover.

"Listen, Miss, I can help you and your children. I know that nature is against us, and I know that human beings are causing it. But, I need a question answered before I can help. Do you know where the Comic Books are?", asks NRDL. (10) The Mother leads NRDL to her children's bedroom, which, to his shock and glee, is filled with several comic books. Two Comics that stand out are http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/JLA:_Year_One_Vol_1_8 and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_One_More_Day. NRDL looks at these, and the maybe hundreds more in the room, and ponders which one to take.

"It is good to see you, also, Brother Aswell. But I do not think that we have the ability to stop this weather. Would you join me in petitioning our Lord and God for assistance in this matter?" Aswell does a quick nod, and the two of them pray in an attempt to stop this matter once and for all. (3 v 6) With PirateJoe, after seeing the chaos he has done, he is suddenly spooked by a bolt of lightning hitting a tree nearby, but it otherwise does nothing. Shaking his head, he brings out the guitar again.

After getting shot in the stomach by Jess Warner and having freak weather nearly kill him, TheBiggerFish could have had a better day. He shapeshifts into a Beetle, not a Beatle we already have 4 of them, and a 44. Magnum round falls out of his stomach. He shapeshifts back into Human form, only to see he's still bleeding. Though it is light bleeding, he still might want bandaging.

Ardent sprints forward toward the tallest building in town, and prepares to make a grand speech to rally the people into killing the competition. (8) "Good townspeople of this sleepy village in Muqur. I ask one thing. Why? Why are you in your homes, worrying more about self-preservation that stopping the people killing your families! Your friends! The people who love and care about you, and who you love and care about right back! NO MORE! I, Ardent Debater, will not stand for unnecessary death any longer! Townspeople, join me in ending the lives of those who are ending lives right now! WHO'S WITH ME!? " The Townspeople burst out of their homes, cheering in applause. They rush into the building, which happens to be a workshop area, and they begin crafting Pitchforks, Knives, and other assorted weaponry, all in the name of ending this conflict.

TCM begins talking to the family of 4 inside the house commandeered by him, Beirus, and Aswell (BiggerFish is still outside, near the door). He then asks "Good sir, madam. I have a favor I must ask of you. We need to commandeer any vehicle you have. A rickshaw, a car, a boat, a $40,000 dollar segway, anything we can use to get back to Rwanda, so that I may raise my levies, and help save this village from those who shall be destroyed. In return, I shall give you $10,000 USD to be converted into local currency, what do you say?" (7) The Man in the house says "We do have something like that. We have a boat that was stolen by local Piracy groups. It runs on an engine, but I have the keys. We don't need money, sir. We want to live." He hands TCM the keys, but right before he leaves, a large mustachioed man with a Guitar and his left leg bent into ways thought impossible bursts through the door, John Lennon and Paul McCartney closing and locking the door before turning their attention away.

Speaking of, the 2 Beatles who aren't unconscious or stunned at the fact that a Guitar can stop tornadoes turn back to face UR. (9 v 1) John Lennon goes first, dashing forward and smashing his knee directly into UR's ribs, shattering them. UR collapses, and begins coughing up blood. Then, Paul comes in, (4 v 9) and springs a kick forward, only for UR to grab it and throw him down, before attempting to fight back. (7-1 (Injuries) v 10) Paul headbutts UR, before sending a kick into their chest, causing further damage. UR falls over, limp and injured. They are unconscious, and their injuries are quite severe. Whether or not they'll survive after next turn is unknown. It all comes down to the luck of the draw.

The Townspeople under Ardent begins forging and crafting weapons to defend against the other Wiki-Warriors. (10) They create legions of Swords, Axes, Maces, and a slew of other Masterwork weaponry! All they have to do is be given the word.

Back in the helicopter, we get a glimpse into what's happening. "Jess, I don't think shooting one of the contestants is going to work out in the long run." "Shut up, Jaws. No one interrupts me, and gets away with it!" "You know, I think you may be a psychopath..."

---------------------------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: birdy51 (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------
((OOC: I might not be able to post for the next two to three days, if you want to NPC my character until then, go ahead.))
Alright, thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to auto you, man.

In my experience, if people want to waitlist after they die (which will likely be at least half) they will likely be eager to inform you themselves.
That makes a lot of sense, thanks TCM.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:53:35 pm by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 106