Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146431 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #375 on: May 28, 2016, 01:56:30 pm »

@TBF: 1st. Didn't think about Abigail when factoring that in. If you make it to the past, I'll have to roll to see if they can land.

2nd: From the Article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khepri it says he's a Solar Deity, so I would guess powers relating to fire or the sun. The sun's more accurate, but since it's night time, I'm not sure how that would work, unless you were using the sun's light reflected off of the moon. So, possibly the ability to use Fire Magic? Then again, he's also represented as God of Rebirth, so maybe the ability to regenerate health as well. So, Fire Magic and Regenerating Health so long as you're a Beetle...maybe, I don't know. Still, does that sound good?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 28, 2016, 02:05:09 pm »

I looked it up and apparently last year a Rwandan general was arrested in Great Brittan... im just gona leave it at that.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 28, 2016, 02:58:35 pm »

Assume they landed, otherwise PARADOX.

But don't assume they get very far.

...There's a loop of rolls influencing eachother.  Carp.  Because the rolls-in-the-past will influence the present...

And yeah, fire magic and regen sounds good.

Also, do we need to take off to use the time machine function?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 28, 2016, 03:02:36 pm »

I would presume that you would need to take off, yeah. I'm pretty sure you were taking off the last time you used the Time Travel function.

As to why there is a Time Travel function in a news chopper...maaagic.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 28, 2016, 03:10:59 pm »

I would think that the chopper would need to be on, but it's not a flight system, is it?

Yes, I noticed the whole maaagic thing when somebody was a wizard and somebody else was possessing people and I'm pretty sure all three are involved in an apocalypse.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 28, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »

I suppose it wouldn't need to be a flight system, though it would be safer to fly in case you went too far back or forward and had it get stuck in a building or something.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 28, 2016, 10:03:54 pm »

...How far off could it go?
Sigtext

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 28, 2016, 10:48:42 pm »

Its a time machine, you could probably go to 90,000,000 BC
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 28, 2016, 10:51:31 pm »

I'm talking 'reasonable margin of error for a six hour jump', not...Bleh.
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 28, 2016, 11:44:48 pm »

Well now, that is a tricky thing, time travel. Alright, let's just say it can go as far back as the Mesozoic Era, and toward the end of the universe, why not the beginning of the universe, beats me. Now, as for margin of error...hmm, I'll just pull something out of thin air and say around anywhere within the time frame you set, so if you put 6 hours, and the roll doesn't quite reach that, you might end up 4 hours beforehand. Alternatively, the margin of error outside of that timeframe would be tricky, as too little means it's an easy fix, and too long would possibly mean time paradoxes everywhere. I'll sit on that bit.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 29, 2016, 09:11:27 pm »

Bumping up before the next turn, which may have to be tomorrow.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 29, 2016, 10:24:39 pm »

Keep playing soccer.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 30, 2016, 03:14:14 pm »

Match 1: The Beginning
Gamemode: Deathmatch
Round 28: Back to the Past
Moscow, Russia
Time: Late Night. Weather: Clear Night Sky. Date:7/19/2016

PirateJoe looks around the area, seeing all of the teens look at him like they want to bite his head off. He then calmly, and slowly, turns his head back to Veronica, calmly saying, "I find it a bit amusing you think I'm going to go tell everyone about this little event, all that would do is make me a bigger target and I plan on letting the other Wiki Warriors kill themselves and then just cap the last one, all I want is that wish so I can have someone I love. Before I go though I have one last question since you know so much that many people don't, is Gensokyo real? I know its a bit random but I simply must know.", gesturing with his hands to emphasize his point. Veronica merely looks at him, takes a sip of her drink, then snaps her gaze back to Joe, his words registering. "Gensokyo? F-From Touhou Project? What the...I don't know, Multiverse theory and all. Look, I'm losing my patience, and it's not just you, but you're right in front of me, if you catch my meaning.", she says, patting her pistol before winking and taking another sip of Red Wine.

Essex, United Kingdom

BiggerFish, upon seeing the Elite Force, decides on quite the complicated plan, but one that might work. He takes cover behind a box, and transforms into the Beetle form of the Egyptian God Khepri. He then attempts to rush towards the Chopper, in an attempt to go to the past and alert the Government. [6] While the 40 man strong team sees the Beetle with a flame pattern, they just assume it's a new species. They do, on their orders, go after Abigail, who runs from Beetle!BiggerFish in an attempt to survive. [6+3 v 10] Despite several members shooting to wound, and even the R.I.S.E. Drone trying to use it's weight to drop on top of her, Abigail manages to escape capture. BiggerFish, seeing that Abigail is alright, charges to his Chopper, quickly morphing back and taking the reigns. He then attempts to avoid capture. [2] All seems to go well, BiggerFish flying up to the sky and opening the Time Flux...until Blackhawk suddenly spins it's rotors and flies up, the visage of the Helicopter causing some citizens, and Abigail, to freeze in place. The pilot says, over the loudspeaker, "You are under arrest on orders of King TCM. Submit for custody or die where you stand.", before the Helicopter goes towards BiggerFish. [7 v 2] Blackhawk slams into the Charon Channel Chopper, causing it's rotors to cease for a second. [2] The Chopper crashes on the roof, and while BiggerFish is okay, a cut or two from broken glass and a sprained right wrist notwithstanding, the Chopper's in a bad way. BiggerFish stays inside, trying to come up with a plan.

? Town, Central Asia

NRDL stares down Grim for a second, before responding to his query. "They're apparently a weird group with a bunch of mythical figures who may or may exist and be affecting our world right now.  I've completely forgotten their names, I must admit, due to the small important fact of IREALLYDON"TGIVEASHIT.  I was brought here to kill wiki-warriors.  I'd like to get back to that.  Until I find them, I've got nothing better to do, so you may as well tell me what you want.", before crossing his arms and awaiting a response. To his surprise, Grim merely laughs, and says, "Oh, God. You don't know? You genuinely didn't notice? I heard about the Wiki-Wars. Jess Warner, the guy who started this...he's one of them, a non-worshiper. Worse yet, I think he's working directly with the Triad to finish their goals. I can tell you where a Wiki-Warrior is, but only if you promise to help us with something. When you win, you have to find out what those goals are. I'm sure Jess will tell you, it won't be your wish or whatever the prize is, but that's just how things are. What do you say Nerdle? Wait, N R D L? Still stuck on that.". NRDL ponders this, formulating a response.

Parliament, Rwanda

TCM responds to Raheena's Skype in the affirmative, Monday next week being the date for their-er, date, I suppose. In addition, he also asks if Raheena has any armed forces at the moment. [2] "Other than one or two bodyguards here at home, no. Sorry, TCM.", to which TCM responds with, "Oh, well I still needed to check. See you there Raheena.". He then responds to Imara, wishing him good luck in his business.

Beirus continues the game, Aswell being unable to play due to the fact that it seems everyone except him got soccer based superpowers. [1+3 v 7] Despite said Powers, Beirus' goal is blocked by the Sports Team goalie, a woman named Andrea Balcan. The team continues forward with the ball. [4+3 v 6+3] 2-1, the scoreboard stays, as the Soccer Ball gets blocked by Beirus' skills.

((Auto'd)) A flash of light engulfs a room in Parliament, Archangels Josiah, Job, and Esther carrying Ardent Debater and The Last Militiaman. Carrying Ardent to the room, he had a lot of thoughts, imagining his judgement, and let's face it, death. No time for thoughts, however, as he was lead into a banquet hall, the great King TCM sat in a chair with a Laptop on the table. Being brought to attention, TCM must now decide the fates of these two men.

The Pilot of Blackhawk scopes out the wreckage of the CCC, before running over and picking up the Elite Force and Cobra. Cobra then messages TCM with an update. "Yeah, BiggerFish's helicopter crashed. We don't know if he's dead, should we land and check it out, or proceed anyway? I know you might want us to check, but we may not find anything anyway.", he says over his phone, waiting for a response from the King.

In Osaka, Japan, Jess and Jaws were in an office room. It was ordained with red curtains, and beautiful architecture that had a Victorian era feel. "So, this "Grim" fella knows something. I suppose we should go pay him a visit? No, wait. I had a fantastic idea. We could send a Droid, one of our Military Robots. Or, you know, The Operator and Jericho, seeing as how he's getting a bit nosy.", the two of them consider their options, before making plans so secret that I didn't type them after all this went down! Suspense!
---------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2016, 03:30:42 pm »

Say "Alright, thanks for your time, have a good day." then exit in the direction Larisa went.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 30, 2016, 03:36:32 pm »

All seems to go well, BiggerFish flying up to the sky and opening the Time Flux...until Blackhawk suddenly spins it's rotors and flies up, the visage of the Helicopter causing some citizens, and Abigail, to freeze in place. The pilot says, over the loudspeaker, "You are under arrest on orders of King TCM. Submit for custody or die where you stand.", before the Helicopter goes towards BiggerFish. [7 v 2] Blackhawk slams into the Charon Channel Chopper, causing it's rotors to cease for a second. [2] The Chopper crashes on the roof, and while BiggerFish is okay, a cut or two from broken glass and a sprained right wrist notwithstanding, the Chopper's in a bad way. BiggerFish stays inside, trying to come up with a plan.
It was at that moment TMC knew, he fucked up... At this point the British government would respond in a less then friendly manner due to the possible casualty's caused by this, especially after a foreign helicopter opened fire on anything on British soil..
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 106