Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146421 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2016, 01:39:10 pm »

Phase through the door by vibrating really fast.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2016, 01:50:15 pm »

((What about my +2 to Catholic Practice for the service? Don't know if it would make much of a difference, but still.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2016, 04:32:50 pm »

@Beirus: Simple human error, dude. Sorry, but since it succeeded anyway, it didn't matter that it didn't get added. I'll make sure to do it next turn, if you decide to lead another service, anyway.

EDIT: Sorry if I came off as overly sarcastic.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:04:44 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2016, 12:39:17 am »

Well, the worldwide intelligence services appear to be inept, so turn towards asking private organizations and corporations if any of them have tracked down the Wiki-Warriors.

Take Princess Kader to the park. Parks are nice! Continue swooning.

Task Force is still set to be extracted back to Rwanda.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2016, 12:54:47 am »

Lead a service to pray for God to grant me superior abilities so that I can take a more direct approach in combating the other Wiki warriors.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2016, 10:34:03 am »

Ardent Awakens and goes to Battle other Wiki Warriors, using the Blanket as a Cape!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2016, 10:58:41 am »

Match 1: The Beginning
Gamemode: Deathmatch
Round 23: Seeking the Truth
Essex, United Kingdom
Time: Midnight. Weather: Overcast. Date: 7/19/2016

BiggerFish, after some prompting by Abigail, opens the PDF File and begins reading. The book in question was The Triad: The True Story of the Cult of Jericho. BiggerFish learns of the same things NRDL learned of, and also finds Exodus's missing page! [3] What Jericho's mission is, is still unknown, however.
Spoiler: Exodus's Legend (click to show/hide)
While shorter than the other two, it makes sense to BiggerFish, as it apparently is in the future. He feels a nudge from his side, Abigail asking, "So, what now?". BiggerFish pauses, to think about this...

Somewhere in Central Asia

Standing in front of the house, NRDL remembered a certain plan he was using to kill Hawk, super-speeding his body through something. While it was a failure as a way to punch people, it was great for passing through things. [4] His concentration is broken, however, by the fact that the door is actually unlocked. Huh. He opens the door and walks inside. After lighting a nearby candle, he is shocked by what he sees...nothing! At least, nothing downstairs. There is an upstairs, however. NRDL then listens out for something. [9] He hears some quiet footsteps, along with what sounds like someone repeating the phrase, "They're back?! They're back...".

Moscow, Russia

Deciding that the girl was a trap, an ambush waiting to happen, he continues observing Larisa, waiting to see what else she's talking about, and where she's going. [9] He sees that she walks into a back room, and once he goes over to see, he finds her talking to someone else, to which PirateJoe tries to listen in. [2] Unfortunately, he cannot hear a word they say, between the music, and what sounds like other people talking loudly. Realizing he's supposed to stay out of the spotlight, PirateJoe tries to see if anyone found him. [3] He sees the girl from earlier, casually sipping a drink from a glass she got from the snack table. She has black hair, and is wearing a purple dress, with spiderweb gloves and stockings, yet has a jacket over the ensemble. Why PirateJoe had to keep her appearance in mind, he didn't know. She speaks up, casually asking, "So, what's up? You spying because of me, or for someone else?", before taking another sip of drink.

Cyprus, The Middle East

TCM decides to take his date, Princess Raheena Kader, to the park to continue the night in a way not involving dead gymnasts. Before they leave the restaurant, TCM takes another phone call, this time calling a private company that can help him find the Wiki-Warriors. [6] They are a bit more successful, being able to find [1] one of the Wiki-Warriors. [4] They triangulate BiggerFish to his location in Essex, an on the field agent reporting him reading from a laptop next to a girl. Thanking the company, the pair continue to the park. [2] It is unfortunate, then, that the Park is actually closed. The pair look at eachother, before getting back into their limo. TCM calls up Cobra, and relays BiggerFish's location, telling them to stock up at Rwanda, and he'll give them a briefing. At this, Cobra responds in the affirmative, as they are on their way to Rwanda at that second.

Parliament, Rwanda
Time: Midnight. Weather: Clear Night Sky. Date: 7/19/2016

Beirus, deciding that sitting cooped up in the government building in Rwanda isn't going to solve every problem, decides to lead a service to see if he can get the same bonuses that the Archangels and the Military have. [1+2] During prayer, he notices everyone's fatigue, and decides to send the Catholics home, thanking them for their service. Aswell comes back, and suggests that with their weapons, and Soccer-based Martial Arts, that could be enough.

Sleepy Crater, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan

Ardent finally wakes up from his nap, and in his grogginess, still sees Basher get his heart cut out. Deciding to be heroic, he ties the blanket he had while sleeping tied around his neck as a cape, and he then picks up his sword, and charges at Josiah, ready for revenge. [5 v 1+3] Even with holy power, Josiah still feels the sting of a broadsword tearing into his left arm. After Ardent pulls the sword out, he notes that it's still functional, so he stares Ardent down...

...Well, he would, if he wasn't an Archangel. He charges forward, ready to kill Ardent. [4+3 v 8] To Josiah's complete amazement, Ardent still dodges out of the way!

While confused, Josiah doesn't see 13 Militia Soldiers charge at him until they are already within stabbing distance. [2 v 1+3] Josiah dodges through the Militia's weaponry, making sure none of them can see him land near Ardent.
-------------------------
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2016, 11:41:52 am »

((Can you link back to NRDL's stuff?))

"Now, I think we sleep.  Although I personally need to actually track down a bed or something.  I don't think the helicopter has a sleeper sofa.

...Also, we're on to some sort of apocalypse conspiracy, probably involving the Wiki-Wars people.  So...Start being paranoid, I guess.  Probably a bit too late for that, huh.  Oh, wait.  I have a time-travelling helicopter."

With no more paranoia than is safe for human consumption, acquire lodgings and a disguise.  And cover our trail.

Also, search the Wiki-Wars conspiracy theorists up.  They might know more.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:54:55 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2016, 11:51:20 am »

@BiggerFish: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157244.msg6991534#msg6991534

Just check the spoilers in his turn for the info.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2016, 01:45:30 pm »

Call out to the figure upstairs, saying I mean no harm.

((Bout time I use that communication bonus for something))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2016, 03:24:37 pm »

Say "First things first, who are you? You obviously know something i don't so i would like to know who you are before i tell you anything."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2016, 06:59:59 am »

Bumping up the thread for the last day before the next turn. I probably won't do the turn for a while, though, just to give the other players a chance to update.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 19, 2016, 11:41:36 am »

It's getting late. Retire to the Palace with the Princess, spend some time there for coffee, see what happens.

Once the Task Force reaches Rwanda, they are to stock up and head towards TBF's position.

See if we can find any other Wiki-Warriors through our previous successful methods.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 19, 2016, 12:44:45 pm »

Go see how Aswell is doing, and if he has heard anything from the Vatican regarding his letter.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 19, 2016, 02:11:07 pm »

Match 1: The Beginning
Gamemode: Deathmatch
Round 24: Conspiracy Theory
Essex, United Kingdom

Pondering the question that the young girl had asked had made BiggerFish realize just how long he'd been up. "Now, I think we sleep.  Although I personally need to actually track down a bed or something.  I don't think the helicopter has a sleeper sofa. ...Also, we're on to some sort of apocalypse conspiracy, probably involving the Wiki-Wars people.  So...Start being paranoid, I guess.  Probably a bit too late for that, huh.  Oh, wait.  I have a time-traveling helicopter.", he says, standing back up from his chair. Abigail nods, and calls up a nearby hotel she knows is around. BiggerFish listens in, and hears, "Hello? This is Abigail Walters...yeah, yeah, I know it's late. Listen do you have a bedroom for six? ...Um, me, this guy, and the Beatles...no, I haven't met him before now...yeah, I was, but I can't do that when it's so late. I'll ask him tomorrow. Do you have a room?", before she pauses. [9] Abigail brightens up, saying, "Oh, thank you! We'll be right there.". She then walks over to BiggerFish, and says, "They have a six bed-room for only 30 Pounds. I have around that much, so we should be good. Wanna go ahead?". BiggerFish nods, the lodgings out of the way, before he goes to find a "conspiracy theorist", or at the very least someone affiliated with the Cult of Jericho. [10] He not only finds someone who is willing to help, but he is both a member of the Cult of Jericho, and a non-worshiper, meaning to the average citizen, "Not a completely insane individual". The fact that he is a member does raise an alarm bell, but that's natural. BiggerFish agrees to a chat, but only when he can do somethings first. He then tries to find a disguise. [10] He not only finds new outfits for him, Abigail, and the 4 Beatles in the wardrobe department, but they are allowed to nab them by the people who booked the concert. Now, what to do...?

Moscow, Russia

PirateJoe firsts looks to be afraid that someone found him, but he picks himself up, and puts a hand on his Makarov. He then asks the girl, "First things first, who are you? You obviously know something I don't, so I would like to know who you are before I tell you anything.", his tone of voice trying to be persuasive. [8] The girl chuckles a bit, before taking another sip of her punch. "Who am I? Alright, you've got me. My name's Veronica...Veronica Sawyer. It's nice to meet you, man. You're not getting things easy, though. I don't like to tell my secrets to just anyone.", she says, PirateJoe having a bit of recollection on his face, as though he's heard the name Sawyer before...

Somewhere in Central Asia

NRDL, upon realizing that there is quite clearly someone upstairs, calls up to the man. [9+1] "Hey! I don't mean any harm, it's a friend, I'm just trying to survive this fight.." he says, while also walking up the stairs. The man audibly calms down, opening his bedroom door. He is blond, but that's really all NRDL finds wanting to think about. The man asks, "If you're really a friend, then why'd you come in?", his hand still on the doorknob ready to slam the door shut if he needs to. NRDL asks himself that question, before simply taking a step back to show no hostility.

Cyprus, The Middle East

After an agreement between the two, Princess Kader and King TCM make their way back to the Palace in Cyprus, wanting to have coffee and discuss their date. After getting their coffee and sitting down at a nicely decorated table in the Palace. TCM then asks, "So, how was that? I mean, the park being closed and most of the circus was a bust, but-", before Raheena laughs, before saying, "It's fine, really. The parts that worked really worked. So, if you want me to come to Rwanda for our second date...". TCM has a smile form on his face at that, before agreeing. At that. TCM gets ready to leave, but before he can, Raheena gives him a kiss on the cheek, before waving goodbye. As TCM goes back into his Limo, ready to go back to the Airport, he sits there, he eagerly awaits his return to his kingdom. Before he gets to the Airport, he decides to brief the Elite Force, which he has a hunch has just landed. He tells Cobra to stock up, and then head for Essex. Cobra responds in the affirmative, and then asks if they can get a new R.I.S.E. Drone. [8] TCM agrees, and has the Drone Operators work on a new one while they are there. TCM then calls up the private spy company for more info on his opponents. [2] Unfortunately, they are unable to pick up anyone else. TCM then hangs up, so he can get to Rwanda.

Parliament, Rwanda
Time: Midnight. Weather: Clear Night Sky. Date: 7/19/2016

In TCM's kingdom of the country of Rwanda, Beirus walks to Aswell, who appears to be holding a return letter from the Vatican. "So, friend, how's the Vatican?", he asks, waiting for his response. [4] Aswell takes a bit to respond, a smile on his face, though while that means a good result needs to be seen. "Well, I will be eligible for Bishopric...after I retire from the Order, you know, the "Battle-Bishops"? Yeah, and since I don't want to do that just yet, because I think it'd serve God, and have you seen this sword? Regardless, I cannot be Bishop at the moment. But don't worry, my comrades from the Order will be here around 10:30 anyway, so we're not at a loss.", says Aswell, a smile still on his face. Beirus merely nods, wondering what his next move is.

Sleepy Crater, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan

((Auto'd)) Ardent backs up a bit, before trying to sneak behind Josiah, and then backstab him. [2] A twig snaps under his feet, and Josiah turns his attention to Ardent.

Josiah tries to make his way to Ardent, but the Militia stop him in his tracks with their harassment. [6 v 10+3] Josiah not only expertly dodges their onslaught, but his dodges put him right next to Ardent!

Josiah tries to stab into Ardent, his sword at the ready! [5+3 v3] Ardent gets stabbed in the stomach, blood spilling on the ground as it leaves the body. While it is Moderate Bleeding, and thus will a while before it's truly dangerous, this is still a crushing blow.
-------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 106