Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 142174 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round XV (10/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1530 on: January 24, 2018, 03:52:08 am »

*bump for Failbird*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: January 24, 2018, 08:25:08 am »

Spoiler: Nani-herzog (click to show/hide)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 13, 2018, 07:06:03 pm »

((Hello, folks. Here's an update. A lot happened since I updated the game last. I was busy with a lot of things, like my birthday, sickness, family trouble, etc. And when nothing was going on, I was usually doing my own thing and didn't like forcing myself to update this.

I'm sorry, really, but I have to have some assertiveness: I can't force myself to update. Yes, if updates take months every single time, no one's going to play the game and get updates out. But I also don't feel like forcing updates.

In addition, I was recently struck with inspiration for Chapter V, and it made me realize that I'd much rather get to Chap. V (and it's proceeding Lore Post), rather than continue with the Chapter IV continuation. Yes, I know it's important to decide a winner. That's why I want your input on it.))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 13, 2018, 07:09:40 pm »

Whatever you're planning on doing, I'm game.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 13, 2018, 07:19:53 pm »

With regards to choosing a winner, you could go for your first idea:

Hmm, fair point.

Dolosus and Failbird were just as close, but Joe redirected their attacks. On the other hand, Fallacy actually did hit the second time, and the first hit, he did kill NRDL.

So, all in favor for passing the torch to Fallacy? All opposed?

I'm not sure how else you could do it, if you want to get it done immediately.

Looking forwards to Chapter V.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 13, 2018, 10:54:43 pm »

Do whatever you wanna do. I’ll be cool with it.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 14, 2018, 12:17:39 pm »

Well, alright. I'll PM the other players, both in Chapter IV-2 and the non-participators, and get their answers.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 14, 2018, 12:18:57 pm »

alright

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 14, 2018, 12:54:24 pm »

Eh...I don't really care so long as the winner of this is picked in a way that isn't just a one off dice roll...barring a critical anyway.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:03 pm »

I'm fine with whatever you decide, as long as I'm still part of the next round.
Insert witty signature here

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 15, 2018, 12:08:12 am »

((Alrighty, then. I've got an idea. I'm going to pitch it as a preview. If you don't like it, the actual turn will have another scenario.))

Ladies and Gentlemen. It's me, Jess Warner. Our plans must come to fruition. The next main battle must begin if we are going to succeed. So, my intermission-playing subjects: Welcome to Instagib. Toodles!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 15, 2018, 12:36:45 pm »

Sorry about the wait. I'm fine with whatever. Instagib eh?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 15, 2018, 12:50:34 pm »

Yep, Instagib. Classic Unreal Tournament rules: One Hit Kills. And the kills make the enemy explode into gore.

It'll get it over with quickly, but because it needs a successful Attack roll, it doesn't come down to one singular random dice roll. It comes down to multiple. Which is the whole point of Forum Games in a nutshell.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 16, 2018, 02:46:50 pm »

((I wanted to make this a prefence instead: I no longer have any intention of rushing this Chapter. So, no Instagib, no heading to Chapter V early. I realized it when someone got killed off on their own turn, and I suddenly felt like I was having fun writing this up. So, enjoy.))

Chapter IV-2: Duel of the Runner Ups
Team Deathmatch
Part III: Scary Monsters and Nice High-Heels
Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Midday, Sunny, 7/23/2016

As the rats scurry their way towards Fallacy and The Butcher, panic begins to set in. These rats are hungry for blood, and there is no telling whether or not they are diseased. So, thinking on his feet, he attempts his summoning power on getting the high heels of one Carmen Sandiego. [7] Before they can get there, The Butcher stands before him, arms crossed. A bright white flash brings with it the insanely fashionable jet fuel-using high heels (They were purple? I think?), and so Fallacy slips them on. [4] Unfortunately, purple isn't his color. Doesn't affect anything besides his mood, of course. Shrugging, Fallacy rushes to the window, and leaps out of it, clicking his heels in mid-air. [6] They activate well-enough, and so Fallacy heads to Failbird's location. When over him, he waves his hands [4] and summons the Batmobile. But in spite of the logic of how his power works, he still somehow gave Failbird the Batmobile from Batman and Robin instead of Justice League: Unlimited. How? Stop thinking so hard. It'll make your brain hurt.

With an annoyed sneer, Dolosus looks away from the crumpled British soldier and the Swedish Wiki-Warrior aiding him, and yells to Pirate Joe "You mind knocking that off? I'd ask you to shoot yourself, but you'd probably still miss!". With that said, he backs up, and then kicks the side of the elephant, hoping to spook it into charging them. [1+2 (Animal Training)] However, the elephant doesn't seem willing to budge at all. Dolosus can hear it's stomach rumble, and the elephant makes a little moan of hunger, indicating that it doesn't want to charge on an empty stomach.

"S-Sir! Ah!" screams Michael, squirming in pain against the wall as Dolosus death glares them from across the street. Furious, Person stands up, and wraps his hands around his Zwei Fasser, prepared to kill. [3+2 v 5] Walking with a smirk hiding sheer rage, Person aims up and fires into the elephant's head. While it doesn't kill the elephant, pellets do slams through it, sending the elephant into a pain-filled shock. [9+2 (Animal Training)] And yet, not only does Dolosus manage to calm it with scratches to the ear and gentle whispers, but now it feels proper motivated to charge Person. [1 v 1] Proper motivation, however, does not mean they are capable of charging effectively. In it's pain, the elephant instead trips on it's own feet, crashing onto it's side on the ground. Person pre-emptively leaps away, thus looking like an idiot as he lands face-first on the asphalt for nothing.

Clutching his sword tightly in his hand, GigaGiant gets pumped up and rushes up the stairs, arriving just in time to see Fallacy jump out the window. With a groan, GigaGiant simply raises his shield as The Butcher makes his way up.

"Okay, how does this work?" NRDL asks, summoning forth his fighting spirit, "Erm, is it a Stand with a body? Shouldn't there be some sort of punchy-ghost, or-HNRK?!" Suddenly, he can feel his body twist and contort. His skin feels scalier, claws burst from his fingers, his teeth grow sharper, and soon, he completely transmutes. He becomes a Deinonychus antirrhopus, his sickle claw tapping the wood floor, and immediately rushes up the stairs. With his agility, he instead decides to leap for Fallacy of Urist, flying out of the window. [3+2 (Deinonychus Agility)] He makes it to a neighboring rooftop, close to where Fallacy is hovering with the Batmobile. Leaping again [6+2], he manages to make the distance. [10 v 5] With a hard bite, he sinks his teeth into Fallacy's shoulder, spilling blood and pain away from him. With a gasp, Fallacy begins frantically flying. [3-2 (Distracted with Pain)] He is unable to stay up, and they begin crashing. [10] [7] Knowing what's going to happen, Fallacy properly braces himself, while NRDL heads towards the ground without protection. Fallacy rolls into it, staying unharmed from the fall, which crushing the crashed NRDL [10 v 7], snapping his ribs under the pressure.

With a groan, PirateJoe looks away in contemplation, only to turn back as Failbird drives quickly towards his Batmobile. "Actually, If you get the chance and this works, instead of disabling the breaks on his car, beat the crap out of him, or distract him. Your choice." Gaining the idea, Joe activates his bullet time, and leads the bullet ahead of the tire. [4] The bullet slams into the rubber, throwing off Failbird. In spite of that, he can still regain control. [9] And he manages to come to a stop just in time to be next to the Batmobile. Joe's hands begin shaking in anger.

Failbird takes a deep breath before hurriedly rushing towards his Batmobile.

The rats charge towards the Butcher, their teeth bared. [8 v 7] They begin nibbling on his ankles, but The Butcher doesn't seem to care. He walks towards GigaGiant, summoning a sausage as a bat. [4 v 10] Swinging, he suddenly hits the shield, throwing him off enough for GigaGiant to retaliate. [9 v 7] He swings, slashing through his cheek, spilling his blood on the rat.

Michael Esping, breathing hard in pain, reloads his musket.

BSN: So, that was a thing. LET'S DO THIS!

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GigaGiant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV-2, Round III (9-10/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1544 on: February 16, 2018, 07:09:14 pm »

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 106