Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 142193 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round 0 (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1260 on: March 17, 2017, 08:52:12 am »

Rose, if you're watching this, take note to tell participating GMs that Forum Runners should not supersede the main game.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 17, 2017, 02:06:34 pm »

Rose, if you're watching this, take note to tell participating GMs that Forum Runners should not supersede the main game.

In hindsight, I should've just made it a side thing, but my reasoning at the time was it would've taken more time to get normal turns out that way.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 18, 2017, 03:53:31 pm »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Round IV: Suffer With Me
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Morning, Clear Sky, 7/23/2016

Chasm-Circle of Dust

As the green glow emanating from the toilet burns bright with power, twinging every nerve in the body of the man near it, NRDL walks towards it and peers in, spotting the green Chaos Emerald in the middle of the bowl. NRDL grabs it, his hands wrapping around the green gem, as he suddenly feels immense power. His veins appear visible as they pop out, his fingers clench around it, as his eyes now glow green.
Ability Gain: Chaos Control: Can slow down time to do two actions, at the cost of a stun the next turn.
Chaos Blast: An AoE explosion of Chaos Energy

As the cramped and claustrophobic feel of the closet closes in around him, the wood keeping him enclosed as the growls of the remaining undead draw both farther and closer, BiggerFish responds to the voice in his ear with "Herzog zombie'd at us. Am currently hiding in...", while turning his head around to see if he can find anything created by Thornhill. [2] Sadly, nothing in there appears planted to aid him, the cupboard only containing copious amounts of alcohol, and random writings on the inside of the door reading, "I am that I am. Is it possible to forget?". Alexis rings in, saying "Want me to go over there? I can help, though without the sanctity of my current location, I might be just as mortal as you."

As teeth are bared in a vicious grin that goes from ear to ear, each tooth sharpened to a point of complete mutilation, Dolosus Doleus wraps his hand around the grip of the 357. pistol, with nine rounds in the magazine and two extra mags near it. Reading the note, he growls out "The philosophy can wait. Now, it's time to kill some sons of bitches!", before charging back upstairs. After spotting the six Zombies remaining, he pockets the gun and charges forward [2 v 6], only for the Zombie's eyes to glow green, letting him dodge out of the way, sending Dolosus flying into the kitchen, where he proceeds to break the table.

While OceanSoul has an idea, all the Zombies have to be dead to do it.

Person wants to aid, but again, the Zed.

Spinning the bladed StormFlower pistols in her hands, mimicking an old west gunslinger with a grin on her face and fingers not touching the trigger for safety reasons, PirateJoe stops spinning and fires two shots into the crowd. [5 v 4, 2 v 6] While one shot misses, one does graze another zombie, though not good enough to hurt. Sending her soldiers out [10 v 7, 4 v 3, 8 v 9], the grazed one feels nothing as it is slashed in half, followed by another one getting grazed. With the mad flails of the third Zombie, the soldier misses each slash.

Suddenly, an "Agh! That stings!" distracts the Zombies, who turn back to look at Fallacy of Urist, who is still clutching both bats, who then proceeds to stand up and charge up the stairs. Meeting the Zombie up there, [1+2(Strength)+2(Baseball)+2(Cricket) v 1] he begins a barrage of savage attacks, each one breaking it's skull more and more. He only stops when he feels that there's no more skull to break, the bone becoming a liquid underneath his sheer power.

With eyes scanning every area with keen perception, every nook and cranny in her gaze as she tracks him down, Hawk looks for Herzog with a sadistic grin on her face, clutching her Venom Blades with vigor. [1] Suddenly, a black smoke envelops the room, making her unable to see anything. As she coughs and closes her eyes, she hears a door open and shut, followed by the noise of Herzog teleporting, but she can no longer see the door. [2] Worse yet, the smoke seems to be dragging her down. If she doesn't escape, she may go unconscious...or perhaps worse.

The Zombie who was attack charges towards the soldier. [9 v 9] The soldier parries with his sword.

BSN: IT HAS BEEN A WHILE, HASN'T IT?!

Sorry, but I'm really excited to get this out. Other then that, no real announcements. Sheets!

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round IV (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1263 on: March 18, 2017, 04:37:01 pm »

"No, no, you all stay."

Keep looking.  Defend self from zombies.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 18, 2017, 04:45:18 pm »

Quietly, I aimed at the still living undead and took shot after shot at them, aiming to not miss and not hit my soldier bodyguards. All of them would fall before me in a scarlet red mist, be it by my hand or my guards.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 18, 2017, 04:57:48 pm »

Get up, and eye the zombies with murderous hatred.

"Die."

Grab the nearest zombie, crush it's head, and use it as a weapon to kill remaining zombies.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 18, 2017, 05:14:21 pm »

Help kill the rest of the zombies with my spike ball launcher.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 18, 2017, 05:28:10 pm »

Should I anticipate the death of all zombies and be ready for Operation Dungeon Item, or fight off zombies for myself? I'm on the fence about this.....no, really. Fence the heads off the zombies with some well-placed stabs. Then, when only 1 or 2, maybe 3, are left, get ready for Operation Dungeon Item;
I have an idea. When all the zombies in the room are dead, place the Item Storage chest down in a good position, and play the 'something happened in the dungeon' jingle from TLOZ. As someone's opening it, continuously play the rising sets of four notes that precede the 'you got an item' jingle, and when someone gets the item and (hopefully) raises it above their head, play the 'you got an item' jingle. If this works, we'll have a useful item, whether it's a small key, bombs, a key item, or so on. MAYBE a piece of heart or all-purpose bottle or something.
Assist with this, if it's feasible.
You can be the one who opens the chest. Remember to hold it above your head, spinning slowly mid-air, as you look up, and to lean into the chest before you pull out the item.
Hand my banjo to TheBiggerFish(or someone else if they're opening it). Assist with the item chest plan by playing my guitar.
Person, TBF, are you still willing to help with this?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 18, 2017, 06:29:20 pm »

Should I anticipate the death of all zombies and be ready for Operation Dungeon Item, or fight off zombies for myself? I'm on the fence about this.....no, really. Fence the heads off the zombies with some well-placed stabs. Then, when only 1 or 2, maybe 3, are left, get ready for Operation Dungeon Item;
I have an idea. When all the zombies in the room are dead, place the Item Storage chest down in a good position, and play the 'something happened in the dungeon' jingle from TLOZ. As someone's opening it, continuously play the rising sets of four notes that precede the 'you got an item' jingle, and when someone gets the item and (hopefully) raises it above their head, play the 'you got an item' jingle. If this works, we'll have a useful item, whether it's a small key, bombs, a key item, or so on. MAYBE a piece of heart or all-purpose bottle or something.
Assist with this, if it's feasible.
You can be the one who opens the chest. Remember to hold it above your head, spinning slowly mid-air, as you look up, and to lean into the chest before you pull out the item.
Hand my banjo to TheBiggerFish(or someone else if they're opening it). Assist with the item chest plan by playing my guitar.
Person, TBF, are you still willing to help with this?
Yeah, if feasible.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 18, 2017, 07:01:05 pm »

... Oi. Don't you fuck with me, Herzog.

Get back to the door, break through it together with the knight and find that fucker.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 18, 2017, 07:59:49 pm »

Yes, provided the zombies are dealt with. Otherwise use the spider sword on the zombies.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 20, 2017, 10:52:13 pm »

"Well then. Good to see reality has caught up with me. Now then... where was I?"

Fallacy hunts down any remaining zombies with MIGHTY BATS.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 30, 2017, 02:20:52 am »

((Sorry for the delay! Between schooling (including game development), a lack of sleep, and tons of distractions, I haven't gotten back to you guys. I'll update tomorrow, if it helps.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 31, 2017, 03:12:35 am »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Elimination
Chapter V: The Re-Dead
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Afternoon, Clouding Sky, 7/23/2016

As the claustrophobic air of the grained wood surrounds and binds him and the screams of the undead further twist the ideals of mortality, TheBiggerFish eyes dart around the closet as he looks for something, anything, to help him in his fight. [3] Yet again, all he sees is foodstuffs, no cursory check turning up anything of importance that he can use to survive the hoard except for his human strength. Pressing a finger into his earpiece, he clears his throat before saying "No, no, you all stay.", to which Alexa responds with a simple "Da."

As her eyes scan the area carefully with great precision, counting all five Zombies in her head, PirateJoe nods to her own thoughts as she raises StormFlower and gauges both her rounds and the ease of targeting [5]. What turns up is at least one shot per Zombie. With a finger on the dual triggers, she quickly squeezes them. [2 v 3] The first misses its mark, the bullet whipping past the Zombie as it smashes and cracks the wall. [4 v 8] Another shot, another miss. This time, the round smacks the stairs and ricochets into the wall, splintering even more wood. [7 v 3] A third round fires, and with a single muzzle flash, the back of the third Zombie's head explodes as blood and brain matter splatter out onto the carpeted wood floor. It drops down unceremoniously, smacking blood against the carpet as it impacts. [6 v 3] Another shot cracks through the Zombie's neck [7] breaking it's spine from the neck down. It falls over, basically useless though still trying to hurt something. [3 v 7] The fifth and final shot misses the fifth Zombie, hitting the railing of the stairs.

As wood breaks around him, splintering across the floor as though it were glass, Dolosus Doleus stands on his own two feet with a snarl, his claws grimy and sharp as he clenches his fist. With a growling "Die." exiting his lips, he bull rushes towards the nearest Zombie, his hand opened and raised as he makes a grab for it's skull. [8 v 4] With no true fanfare save for the violent growls exiting his mouth, Dolosus swiftly grabs a Zombie and, with one squeeze, crushes it's head into red mist, covering Dolosus's brown scales in a thicker red substance. Grabbing the now-headless corpse by the legs, he charges towards one of the last two. [8 v 2] The Zombie only has enough time to turn his head towards the killer croc before it's head is catapulted away, smashing and splattering into pieces on the stairs.

[6 v 1] As the last Zombie growls and sprints towards Dolosus, a sudden squelch of flesh (which is an...odd sound, come to think of it.) smashes through the Warriors' eardrums as the Zombie's head explodes, an impaled spike ball in it's place. Exiting the bathroom, NRDL taps the side of the weapons with a smug grin.

With her idea coming to fruition, a musician's hands wrap around the Item Storage Chest as OceanSoul slams it onto the ground and pulls out her keyboard. With the yell of "Fish, get over here!", and the snap indicating that the H.I known as Person should act now, they hear a closet quietly open as BiggerFish runs inside. Seeing the chest and the musicians' instruments in the motion of prepping for play, Fish gets the memo as he walks towards the chest. [3+2+2] As the rising notes of the familiar Legend of Zelda chime play, Fish leans into the chest. Right as the "do-do-do-doo!" crescendo plays, Fish raises the item in the air. It's a basket, containing three Frag Grenades, which he pockets.

Blink...Blink. With two blinks signifying her annoyance and exasperation at the situation she's in, her eyes growing heavier with each closed eye, Hawk yells out "...Oi, don't you fuck with me, Herzog!" before feeling around for the door in the smoke. [7] Feeling her hands touch wood, her right hand grasping a doorknob with a triumphant grin, she and the Knight both try to bust the door down. [7+2 (Aid)] With a mighty kick from both parties, the door crumbles and sight returns [Spot Check: 5] which, while only revealing the hallway, does show options for her quarry's location.

"Well then. Good to see reality has caught up with me. Now then... where was I?", the muttered thoughts of one Fallacy of Urist say as he scans the room. To his chagrin and dismay, however, every enemy is dead. Woe is him. And look! More woe. [Medical:5] While Fallacy does wash some blood off with a stashed towel, he still runs a risk of infection.

BSN:If you wanna Get Out Alive...don't mess with insane magical Germans.

But yeah, sorry for the wait. I've been putting my work into school and my passion into my idea for my first commercial video game, which might not come until I'm more experienced. Once I feel ready and start work, I'll provide details, but for now, sheets. Don't worry, I still love Bay12. Just saying I was doing other stuff in the interim.

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 31, 2017, 03:23:39 am »

Continue searching for Herzog, keep an eye out for any more Chaos Emeralds.

((Best of luck with your game, be sure to share its awesomeness with the rest of Bay12, we'd love to see it.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 106