Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 142441 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter IV, Round 0 (8/10, 0 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1200 on: February 18, 2017, 06:24:03 pm »

"Drat and botheration."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 18, 2017, 06:52:47 pm »

H.I (Human Intelligence)

(Huh, that's new. If that was random, it is oddly fitting to my... motif? Yeah lets go with that.)

Make my way to the mansion. Examine my weapons.

Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 18, 2017, 09:36:56 pm »

"Well then. Let's get to it."

FallacyofUrist brandishes his twin bats and begins wheeling his shopping cart down towards the mansion.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 18, 2017, 10:24:50 pm »

..this is still a deathmatch, right? I'm not up-to-date on this thread or anything, so I'm a little confused.

Nope! There are multiple game types in play. The one for this chapter is called "Elimination", formerly "Boss Battles". Hope that helps!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 18, 2017, 10:31:21 pm »

As Hawk opens her eyes, she begins to cackle maniacally. She looks upon the mansion and waves the Silver Knight to follow.

The hunt begins! Onwards to the mansion!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 18, 2017, 10:49:59 pm »

..Group up before going into the mansion. It may be best to work together as a team.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 19, 2017, 12:58:37 am »

"We shall hunt down this man and tear him apart!"

Approach the mansion and punch down the door. Check the sharpness of my claws and teeth on the way there.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:02:09 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 19, 2017, 02:43:05 pm »

Chapter IV: Herzog
Match III: Elimination
Round I: Shame That He Lost His Head
Herzog's Manor/Hideout, Close to the Abisko Research Station, Sweden
Morning, Clear Sky, 7/23/2016

The first person to wake up is the soccer gear clad-NRDL, who rises to his feet while cracking his knuckles. Taking his first step forward, he is immediately set upon by his past memories of the last three competitions, which only serve to fuel his return to the call of duty. On the way over to the mansion, he looks around for any heavy branches, wanting a melee option in case he fights back. [2] For whatever reason, however, no branches are near the manor, likely swept up in a bid for cleanliness. He makes it to the ornate and intricate wood door, aged as though his target were in here for some time.

Waking up in the same field as the others, the blur drains from Pirate Joe's eyes to reveal a mansion, with her eyes soon dulling over into a blue tone as the memories flood back from the past events, including her recent death by ethereal crab lobotomy. I just typed that. Wow. As she brushes off her newfound femininity, she looks behind her to find a squad of three Korean soldiers, wielding swords and old armor, who bow towards Joe. She shakes her head and thinks to herself, "Why couldn't they be Samurai? Eh, not bad.", before ordering them to scout the exterior of the manor. They nod and provide a perimeter, which they use to look into the place. [9] Peering into a window, one reports, "Mistress Joanna! I see someone. They're sitting down at a table, eating something!". Nodding, Joe walks forward towards the manor.

The first thought that runs through the mind of BiggerFish, spoken out loud as though hearing his own voice enunciate it would aid in his thoughts, was "Drat and botheration.". Though, any further speech was halted as a the familiar buzz of his earpiece picking up a transmission. With a finger pressed to it, the familiar stutter hits his ear as Abigail says, "Y-You okay? Remember, we're here for you if you need advice, and Thornhill's here for you if you need help. J-Just remember that.".

Subject: B4H (Person)
Xanatos Gambit: Active
H.I Status: Active
Awaken, friend.

With it's readout unlocked, a blue blood like substance flowing through it's chassis providing nanomachines to it's CPU, Person rises up, it's vision being green with a Heads Up Display scanning the nearby surroundings. Scanning itself, it finds that it appears as a dark blue humanoid robot with glowing green eyes, wearing what appears to be political attire, in the form of a blue suit with a blue tie, along with it's head appearing skull-like. With that information, it scans it's weapons as it approaches the mansion.

Spider Sword
Dimension OA-432 (Prince of Persia)
Timeline: Prime-2 (The Sands of Time)

Twin Swords
Dimension OA-432 (Prince of Persia)
Timeline: Prime-2 (The Sands of Time)

Waking up for the first time in the competition, his body laying in the shopping cart with his feet dangling out of the cart, Fallacy of Urist picks his head up to the manor and grins. Pushing himself forward, the cart rolls towards the manor as Fallacy of Urist brandishes his two bats and says, "Well then. Let's get to it.". [Distance Check: 2] Unfortunately, momentum by just leaning forward can only get you so far on nearly flat, grassy ground, so he only makes it up to the manor's front yard.

As her vision brightens up, color returning to the world around her as luscious greens and browns fill the sky and the aroma of decaying wood fills the air around her, Hawk stands up and for a second, the weight of her memories makes her lean forward. In just a second, however, a loud cackling startles those unawares as Hawk freaks out in front of them, her insane laughter setting everyone on edge as she turns to her Silver Knight companion, and merely waves as they both stalk towards the mansion.

"Wait!", a voice suddenly calls out, letting everyone else turn to see her. A new combatant, OceanSoul, walks towards everyone as she keeps saying, "It'll be better if we stick together. Less of a chance of getting killed."

Finally, a large scaled man walks towards the mansion, snarling and growling as he checks the quality of his teeth and claws, finding them quite sharp, as he walks in front of the door and yells out, "We shall hunt down this man and tear him apart!". He then throws a punch forward, [10] and blows the door apart, showing the interior of the manor. It is, indeed, quite old. Paint is peeling off the walls and there is dust and cobwebs everywhere. The manor is set up so that there is a door on both the left and right, with a stairway leading up to two more doors and a hallway. Plus, an extra door to the right of the stairs, to the wall connecting the other door to the stairs. Thanks to Joe's Korean soldier, they know that someone, who may or may not be Herzog, is in the left door. Before they can check, however, a voice seems to hit them, not through any sort of intercom, but as though it were telepathic, as the echo of the voice wears thin in their minds. The voice is of an average pitch, though with a frantic tone, a fast manner of speech, and a German accent. "Guten tag, travelers! I see you have infiltrated my domicile, which is cause for a quite a bit of alarm, one would say. Please, I must insist. Come sit down and enjoy some food. You seem tense, and hungry. Besides, you won't have to l-listen to the he is man telling you what you must do. That's s-the Nine s-s...come, enjoy the food!"

BSN: Welp, I guess that's a good first impression. I hope you guys have enjoyed this round, since it was mostly set up.
Also, Person, it was not completely random. First article denotes character gender, and since you had a digital article, might as well have made an Earth IV H.I.

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 19, 2017, 03:42:08 pm »

"...I have a plan.  You know how you can medically induce death?  And then fix it?  Get me whatsit and whatsit.  Well I probably already have whatsit and whatsit somewhere if Thornhill is as smart as ever...Herzog!  You getting this?"

Quick!  To Herzog!

I have a plan!

And possibly some deadly chemicals?

[SPOILERS for Person of Interest that I am trying to think to Herzog:Remember the time the ISA killed Shaw? [doublespoilers] and how she didn't stay dead?]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:59:21 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 19, 2017, 04:07:56 pm »

After confirming that he can also hear us, play a remixed Truth by Alexander on my piano to make him(and probably others who hear it) become unable to lie. Then, ask him "So..you DON'T want to kill any of us?"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:09:41 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 19, 2017, 05:10:59 pm »

Enter the mansion if I haven't yet. Sit down at the table.

"Sorry about some of my companions. They can be a bit hasty at times. This is a nice place you have here mister..."

(OOC: Basically prompting him to introduce himself here.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 20, 2017, 12:03:56 am »

Shuffle out of sight and start searching for Herzog, whiskey bottle in hand, like a club.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 20, 2017, 12:40:10 am »

It was odd as memory's fell back into my mind, I frowned and sighed from them, knowing that I had failed and everything I had done earlier was nothing. I was a clone now, wasn't I? A copy of the original. I still had the hope that I might be able to win this and get my wish, though...It bothered me... however, I would try not to think about it to much and go through the left door with my guards in tow, I wasn't going to kill the man, I honestly didn't want to, which is Ironic considering how unlike last time I killed at least three people, but I wasn't going to let the others win either. I was in a conundrum, but I was going to talk to the guy eating first at the very least. I would sit down at the table looking at the man "I take it you are mr Herzog, or at least someone who works for him." I would motion for my guards to stand near the exit, on guard just in case something happened.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 20, 2017, 10:51:49 am »

"Why should I trust that there is nothing in the food, that you don't wish to kill us? No. Even though I don't trust my masters, I trust you less.

Choose a random door, open it, and attack anyone on the other side with my claws. If the door is locked, break it down with my croc-strength.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 20, 2017, 11:32:20 am »

"Bother."

Keep moving.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 106