Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 142442 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2016, 09:35:57 pm »

((Woo!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2016, 03:08:14 pm »

((Sorry it took so long to submit an action. Congrats on the views.))

Protect the Rwandan king. Pray to God to make this house a safe sanctuary for us. Attack any agressors with my soccer ball while Aswell attacks with his sword.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2016, 05:31:33 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 5: D&D: Death & Destruction
Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:37 PM, Sunny Weather

NRDL rushes forth, trying to find Hawk and end this...whatever this is. (8) His searches bring him to a Library, where Hawk is about to finish his last 3 pages. NRDL rushes forward...

Hawk prepares to finish his last 3 pages. (3+1) He finishes 2 of the pages, but is stopped by NRDL rushing forward, ready to punch through his sternum! (7 v 4) NRDL punches Hawk right in the chest, bringing Hawk to his knees. There's nothing really permanent, but NRDL prepares to attack again, just as Hawk speedwrites the last page! (2) "And Hawk lived happily ever after." Uh...it's cliched, but it finishes the book! Suddenly, Meteors begin crashing down, with a good chunk of them heading toward the Musicians.

(8 v 4) The Beatles run from the Mob, only to find Meteors crashing around them. As they run off, they don't even notice Ringo's corpse flying away from the battlefield, whilst also on fire.

(6 v 2) PirateJoe counts, he has a guitar. As Meteors crash around, a good chunk of them crash into Pirate's location, including a couple slamming into him! As he awakens, he finds his left leg is now a bloody stump. As PirateJoe screams out in agony, he tries to get up, (7) and prepares a makeshift crutch out of sticks. He gets up with his crutch, and runs under a building.

(10 v 4) As Ardent is about to absorb Birdy's energy, a meteor rushes toward them. As it rushes toward Birdy, he realizes what happens. "Listen, Ardent. I know you want to kill me, but I need you to trust me. Spread my love, and my wisdom. And may all 4 Beatles have many show-" His sudden interruption is because a large flaming rock has crushed the poor soul, the last thought rushing by the man's head being "I love you all, the people with music in their soul. Hopefully, everyone watching can spread this same love..."
Birdy has been crushed! Hawk acquires:
http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Bullet_Swarm: +Bullet Swarm
Abilities: Bullet Swarm: Allowed to do multiple attacks in a single turn.

(10 v 7) The Majority attacks the remaining, with the first cluster attacking BiggerFish's chopper. The Space Rocks don't do much damage, but some dents, and additional chips to the rotors mean that evasive maneuvers are taken.

(9 v 10) The rest attempt to assault TCM's Militia, but they are destroyed by the other meteors.

Ardent's stunned face is plastered on, as he emotionlessly walks to his fallen foe, a bit of respect for the musician setting in. As he absorbs Birdy's remaining energy, the only thought rushing through his head is: "Hi there, Ardent. Wow, this seems bad. It could be worse, though. Your Mob can turn on you, or the meteors could have hit you, or...well, I'll leave you with the implications."

PirateJoe crutches out, attempting to flee the village. (4) He doesn't get far with a single crutch, but he's not dead, so it's alright.

DigitalDemon wakes up, and see PirateJoe fleeing. Deciding to leave him alone, he thinks about his next plan...right as a stray meteor comes for him. (9 v 5) Demon dives out of the way, but sees his gun destroyed.

TCM thinks for a moment, and responds. "That will have to do! Send the 12 men with the best guns we can find and put them on an armored helicopter immediately!" He then looks out the window at the calamity outside, seeing that one of his allies has commandeered a helicopter. "And tell them if they see a commercial helicopter, do not shoot it, I repeat, do not shoot, the commercial helicopter is friendly? And please, tell me approximately how long it will take for them to arrive?" (9) Not long, sir. Just a minute or two." (read as, 2 turns) TCM mutters an agreement before fleeing, Beirus and Aswell the only ones following. (7) They manage to sneak behind a library in town, crouching down to avoid detection.

Beirus prays to God to keep the 3 safe. (2) He doesn't get a visual response back, but he cannot lose hope.

"Hey!  The Beatles have nothing to do with this!  Let them be! Also IT'S THE ENTIRE BEATLES, TOGETHER AGAIN, AND YOU AREN'T CLAMORING FOR A TOUR YET?  COME ON!  LET'S DO THAT INSTEAD OF KILLING PEOPLE!" The Mafia looks up to find the dented Charon Channel Chopper floating above. In a daze, the remaining Beatles climb aboard the chopper. With his new passengers, BiggerFish attempts to make a hasty retreat. (2) He doesn't get far, not out of anything bad, but because he swears he hears a voice, like a legion of one man, speaking multiple times to make himself known. "Hi, there, BiggerFish. Do you know who I am? No? Well, soon you shall know, through what I've already done."

As the meteors destroy miscellaneous houses, I'm getting absolutely livid, like my Helicopter's been stolen, Jaws was being an As-er, Jess was furious...
---------------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2016, 05:34:33 pm »

Vibrate my hand at super-speed, then phase it through Hawk's body.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2016, 06:00:44 pm »

Time-travel and save Ringo!  This helicopter HAS to have that button.

"Oh?  You the magic dude?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2016, 06:01:12 pm »

Run,just keep running,maybe i can make it to Europe and get a replacement leg.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2016, 12:35:56 am »

Try to dodge the attack and then engage Mantis Form and let NRDL taste Bullet Mantis Storm.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2016, 12:40:47 am »

Well then....

Search through the houses around the place, trying to find books to read.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2016, 09:29:17 am »

Ardent stops for a moment and looks up at the Heavens with an annoyed look on his face.

"Seriously?!? I had him right where I wanted him! The last thing I need is another voice in my head..."

He grabs his Telescope and attempts to use his Asteroid Landing Ability on any remaining Meteors and uses any Meteors he sends to the ground to destroy other Wiki Warriors, more specifically piratejoe, TheBiggerFish, and NRDL.

"DESTROY THEM ALL!!!"

He then tells 35 of the Townsfolk to go looking through houses in search of Wiki Warriors and Foreigners to Slay. If the Townsfolk find any other Townsfolk they should attempt to recruit them into their Mob and tell them that they should kill all of the Wiki Warriors except for Ardent Debater, who is helping them. Ardent selects the 2 strongest Townsfolk and asks them to follow him, Ardent attempts to use his Energy Palm Absorbing Devices on any vulnerable Wiki Warriors he sees, if he is able to.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2016, 09:55:30 am »

He grabs his Telescope and attempts to use his Asteroid Landing Ability on any remaining Meteors and uses any Meteors he sends to the ground to destroy other Wiki Warriors, more specifically piratejoe, TheBiggerFish, and NRDL.
((Here's the definition of an asteroid - A small rocky body orbiting the Sun. Large numbers of these, ranging enormously in size, are found between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter, though some have more eccentric orbits. The meteors aren't in any orbit right now. You can't influence them. Don't make me delete your abilities with a novel. Also, the only reason I pointed this out is because NRDL is right next to me.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2016, 10:58:37 am »

@Hawk: Yeah, good point. That also means it's too late to change it, because I'd have to go back to every turn and re-word it. Still, while Ardent can still do it, the wording, in hindsight, might have to change with the next turn.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2016, 11:01:37 am »

The King continues to hide deep in the shadows, his sword out. If anyone spots him or his compatriots, stabby time.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2016, 06:23:39 pm »

Continue following TCM. Attack any aggressors with my soccer ball while Aswell attacks with his sword. If there are no aggressors, pray to God for a miracle.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2016, 06:30:17 pm »

And, we got it. Next turn coming soon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2016, 09:38:19 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 6: Operator is Standing By
Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:38 PM, Sunny Weather
1 turn until Rwandan Reinforcments

DigitalDemon walks into a nearby house in an attempt to find a book to absorb, and I just said/typed that. (2) It is unfortunate to find that the house he's walked into has nothing, except some furniture. It appears whoever lived here cleared out in a hurry, and left only a couch, some chairs, a table, a curious drawing of a silhouette with purple eyes, and a coffee maker.

NRDL taps into the speedforce, and attempts to shove his hand through Hawk's chest. (1) He then finds, to his dismay, that all that does is make molecules pass through objects as though said objects weren't there. Hawk then stands up, and...

Hawk staggers to his feet, before suddenly disappearing. Oh, wait, there he is. He's the mantis charging at NRDL's face...huh. (7+2 v 10) Even with using Mantis Kung-Fu, NRDl still swats at Mantis!Hawk, causing him to crash onto the floor. NRDL attempts to squish Hawk's now fragile mantis body, (9 v 8-2) and manages to break one of his little mantis legs. He quickly morphs back into human form, only to find his right leg is bruised, and has a bleeding cut, but is still usable.

PirateJoe attempts to flee the still unnamed town in Muqur, and go into mainland Europe. (6) He manages to make it to a field, close to a land border between Afghanistan, and the northern areas of the continental mass, which includes Europe. He is stopped by several border control guards, who get him to a nearby hospital.

TheBiggerFish attempts to find a button that can do reality warping time travel...on a civilian level Helicopter...used by a combination TV Channel and Radio Station...(10) and yet he finds it! He not only finds a button that can do time travel, but he also finds a couple of switches and knobs, which activate a computer that allows him to gain information on anything he wants! Before he goes to save Ringo, however, he decides to address the voice in his head. "Oh? You, the Magic Man?" "My name is the Operator, or at least, that's my title. I can tell today is going to be...fantastic." With that in mind, BiggerFish attempts to press the Time Travel button, (5) and manages to hit the button, but it does not go immediately. Rather, a console pops up, which has things such as a date, and a location. (4) He doesn't quite place the time correctly, but he does get the location... He goes to around 7:20 PM, before anything really happened. Landing the chopper, Fish, John, Paul, and George get out of the Helicopter to a cliff near the town, to find someone on the cliff, who looks identical to Jaws. When Jaws turns around and speaks, Fish suddenly freezes. "What did I tell you, or rather will tell you? Fantastic..."

TCM attempts to continue hiding from his opponents, (6) and stays hidden, save from stray strands of clothing or twigs snapping under his weight. Despite this, he's still hidden.

Beirus and Aswell look for anyone who could be an aggressor, but find everyone else is a bit...preoccupied. With this, Beirus prays to God for a miracle, for guidance. (2) Once again, nothing really happens, leading to Aswell attempting the same. (6) He gets a bit more luck, as it appears that the 3 of them get some camouflage in the form of a tree that falls near them.  Taking cover behind the tree, the Royal Guard as I will call them continue to wait out the war.

"Seriously?!? I had him right where I wanted him! The last thing I need is another voice in my head..." "In my professional opinion, it's better than nothing.". Ardent, having nothing more to say to the voice, prepares to call down more meteors. (10) He finds a very large cluster of them, calling them down to exact revenge! (3) They only affect 3 areas with Wiki-Warriors, though that is technically what he wanted.

(Automatic Failure) Ardent soon finds that meteors cannot travel through time.

(3 v 5) NRDL and Hawk prepare for a scuffle, only to find meteors crashing through the Library. Luckily, they miss both of them, being content with smashing through and demolishing the building.

(5 v 7) A few of them assault a hospital in Central Asia, where PirateJoe is now. Luckily, they only crash through other rooms and the roof, but some doctors and security are killed by the rocks, and others are injured. PirateJoe himself is unharmed.

Feeling content with what he's done, he relays his orders, sending 35 of his 37 man Militia to tackle any remaining Wiki-Warriors. (8) They crash through the Library and see NRDL and Hawk, seemingly waiting for more meteors to hit. The Militia charges, (1 v 3) but find that around 4 of their men are on the ground already. They all run out of the building, trying to find more people to bolster their ranks. (6) They manage to find 4 people ready to fight, 2 of them being the Mother and Father of the family of 4 TCM met. Giving them Masterwork Warhammers, they run back to Ardent. Ardent grabs 2 of his strongest men, and races towards the Library, and sees NRDL and Hawk. Ardent walks back out, before giving the signal to his 2 strongest men, one with a Masterwork Machete nicknamed "Knives", and one with a Masterwork War Hammer nicknamed "Basher". The 2 of them stare Hawk and NRDL down...

Knives and Basher charge at NRDL and Hawk, with Knives taking NRDL first. (9 v 4) Knives stabs NRDL in the stomach, before pushing NRDL back. NRDL continues standing, before going in for a Speed Force Punch to Knives' Face. (6 v 10) Knives holds his Machete out, and stabs NRDL in the arm. NRDL is now bleeding quite a bit...

Basher and Hawk are now locked into combat. (4 v 8) Basher attempts to bash Hawk's skull in, but Hawk dodges and Mantises up! (6+2 v 3) Basher suddenly feels blood dripping down his face, a gash formed in his forehead, thanks to Hawk, who has just transformed back into a human.

Jess and Jaws, still on the roof, wonder what to do. "Jaws, I have an idea. Use your magic to bring us back to Osaka, please." "Alright." With a wave of his hands, and said hands glowing purple, the two of us vanished. Don't worry, we were still watching. Birdy was looking into a camera, after all.
--------------------------------
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
------------------------------------
At 7:20:
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
--------------------------------
Sorry that it took a while, I procrastinate like mad.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 106