Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146762 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Twenty (2/10, 7 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1170 on: January 31, 2017, 01:32:01 pm »

"We are both here, Fish. The possibility of at least one of them watching us is almost a certainty. They would probably act to interfere with anything we discussed here if it was a threat to them."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 31, 2017, 01:59:59 pm »

"True."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 03, 2017, 11:06:22 pm »

Chapter III: The Test Subjects
Match One: Deathmatch
Round XXV: Motivation
Ruins of Rwanda, Africa
Night, Cloudy, 7/20/2016

With a look of trepidation plastered on her face, her eyes staring at her food with glances towards the others in the room, BiggerFish steps ever so closer to the table and says, "Seriously. Even this fighting still brings them ephemerally closer.", with a stance showing that if she had arms, she would cross them. Turning his head to Fish, his own hands clasped together in a polite manner, Beirus responds to her remark with a gesture and, "And yet you participate as well, Fish. If you are truly against this fighting, you should forfeit the round. I only need one more wish, and then I can go somewhere out of their reach. By trying to stop me from doing that, you are helping them.", exasperation apparent in his voice. Fish's eyebrow raises as she says, "Well, then.  Should we frame it first?  Make sure it does what it says it does?", with questioning in her tone. Beirus is quick to respond, saying, "We are both here, Fish. The possibility of at least one of them watching us is almost a certainty. They would probably act to interfere with anything we discussed here if it was a threat to them.". Conceding the point, Fish simply says, "True." and sits down at the seat with the "meal".

BSN: Yeah, short.

Two things: One, I'm thinking about changing the Pieces of 10 mode to a Team Deathmatch. The amount of players are split in half, with the maximum of 5v5. Who gets the prize, I don't know. Which is why I'll ask: how should the prize get implemented if TDM becomes a thing?

Two: I'm thinking about hosting polls to see what the next intermission should be.

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 04, 2017, 07:30:48 pm »

*bump*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 04, 2017, 07:48:33 pm »

"You can trust that I'll word my wish well. I have no more desire to be a puppet on their strings than you do. If it would help, forfeiting would be like spitting in their face, Fish. I doubt they would like it. Jess probably wouldn't be happy about it either, though he is as much a pawn in this as you or I. Maybe a knight or bishop."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 04, 2017, 09:11:30 pm »

"I very well hope so.

Let's get it over with, then.

Abigail, I'll be back shortly.  I hope."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 04, 2017, 09:44:29 pm »

"I'm fairly certain you'll need to verbalize your forfeiture out loud. Theren and Lucas can serve as witnesses if necessary, if that wouldnt impose on them too much."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 04, 2017, 10:09:07 pm »

"Oh, I can actually forfeit?

Okay, but can you give me my arms back first?"
Sigtext

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 04, 2017, 11:17:40 pm »

"I can do that after. The powers I have at the moment are almost solely for destruction. A mistake on my part could kill you, and while I would still win that way, it would stain my honor to do so when I have offered you a safer way out." Beirus says before taking another sip of whiskey.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 04, 2017, 11:25:28 pm »

"Then I concede."
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 10, 2017, 02:28:16 am »

Match One: Deathmatch
Round XXVI: Surrender of Hope
Ruins of Rwanda, Africa
Night, Cloudy, 7/20/2016

As the tension in the room builds and heats up, the numerous artifacts glowing different colors in the wake of the power in the area, Beirus leans against the table, bending over the wood to stare into BiggerFish's eyes. "You can trust that I'll word my wish well. I have no more desire to be a puppet on their strings than you do. If it would help, forfeiting would be like spitting in their face, Fish. I doubt they would like it. Jess probably wouldn't be happy about it either, though he is as much a pawn in this as you or I. Maybe a knight or bishop.", he says, flattering me.". Tapping her foot against the ground, Fish looks up with a look of thought, before saying, "I very well hope so. Let's get it over with, then. Abigail, I'll be back shortly. I hope.", with resignation in her voice. Beirus raises an eyebrow, and informs her, "I'm fairly certain you'll need to verbalize your forfeiture out loud. Theren and Lucas can serve as witnesses if necessary, if that wouldn't impose on them too much.", with Theren then saying, "It wouldn't.", and Lucas following with, "Unless you want it to impose. Yet, I am very busy.". Fish looks up in a little bit of surprise and says, "Oh, I can actually forfeit? Okay, but can you give me my arms back first?", with Beirus's response of, "I can do that after. The powers I have at the moment are almost solely for destruction. A mistake on my part could kill you, and while I would still win that way, it would stain my honor to do so when I have offered you a safer way out.", with a sip of whiskey through his helmet to finish off. Theren then cuts in with, "There's no need. Once you have lost, we can submit your soul into your normal body, which we have stored in a tank back in Osaka.". With that in mind, Fish sighs and says, "Then I concede.".

At that moment, a bright purple flash envelops the room, as Jess and Jaws emerge. A simple sigh and a, "God, I love teleportation spells.", and Jess makes his way to Fish. "Wow, with this situation, I'm surprised a suicide dive with a Tsar Bomba wasn't your first choice. Poor Brittania. Still, you did it.", said Jess as the sound of Jaw's fingers snapping caused her and Theren to vanish out of view. A familiar slow-down and darkness ensued, and Jaws stepped forward, only for the voice of the Operator to cut through, as his form emerges through the black and the eyes quickly appearing. "Allow us to witness this personally.". Jaw's simple reply of "O-kay, then. What's your wish?" was enough to give the response.

BSN: So, first of all: Fish, I'm pretty sure you're waitlisting, so I don't need to ask. I also have a wiki in mind for ya, too.

Second, today is my birthday. Meaning I won't update jack. I will do the epilogue, but that's minor compared to a full turn.

Finally, instead of a traditional lore intermission, I have a special event planned for the 14th that I'm excited about. I'm not sure if I need to keep it hush-hush or not, but I hope you enjoy it regardless.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 10, 2017, 02:45:13 am »

Happy Birthday!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 10, 2017, 02:46:32 am »

((Are Jess and Logan's sister gonna tie the knot? Are we going to have to run errands to give them the best Valentine's Day ever? Also, Happy Birthday!))

Beirus looks over at the Operator. "I can't say I'm surprised you decided to show up. You must be curious as to how I would try to get myself out of your little game." Beirus remarks after turning back to Jaws. "My wish is simple enough. I wish to keep my powers and abilities for so long as even the last scrap of this universe remains, no matter where or when I am, without the possibility of them being taken away through future wishes or the actions of any being, entity, object, or other miscellaneous part of existence."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 10, 2017, 03:05:57 am »

Epilogue I: An Unexpected Factor

The quickest response from Beirus sang out in an almost smug tone, saying, "I can't say I'm surprised you decided to show up. You must be curious as to how I would try to get myself out of your little game.", which didn't even seem to have an effect on the being. With a tone of pleasing, he closes his eyes and says, "My wish is simple enough. I wish to keep my powers and abilities for so long as even the last scrap of this universe remains, no matter where or when I am, without the possibility of them being taken away through future wishes or the actions of any being, entity, object, or other miscellaneous part of existence."

...*SNAP*

A snapping sound and a scream causes Beirus's eyes to open, revealing the Operator, their hand on Logan's forearm, with the mage's elbow popped back, fractured with force. Turning their head at Beirus, the Operator's eyes appear glazed over in a sea of purple as they say, "You honestly think we'll let you have that? We gave Logan his power, we can take his life just as easily. Let's break down the reason why you cannot have that: it's pointless. This world will burn sooner then you think it will. The Maw will spread faster than you assume it shall. So long as the search for Herzog ends in us acquiring his journal, it will take only months, maybe a year, to destroy this world. Does that mean we should allow it? Give you a taste of power? Perhaps...if you give a reason to allow it."

((Wait, the special event's on the 12th. I will do an intermission or two on the 14th, though. Because I'm nice. Also...maybe. I don't know. Sounds cool. Also, thanks!))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 10, 2017, 03:18:07 am »

"If it's so pointless, why would you bother trying to stop me from getting it? Are you scared? If it really made no difference, then you should allow it for the enjoyment you would probably get when I lose the powers."
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 106