Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146677 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Sixteen
« Reply #1110 on: December 30, 2016, 12:49:04 am »

Am still interested, though a bit put off that we might have to keep fighting Beirus. Honestly it might be better to get him involved more with the greater plot you have planned while us lesser mortals build up enough power/relevance.

Edit: Ah well all right then.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 01:54:26 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 30, 2016, 01:38:17 am »

((I was actually planning on making my last wish, then Rifting to the primary universe and messing around in that game. And maybe coming back for the final round. Justhe so somebody has a chance to win every round instead of just every other round when I'm not playing.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 30, 2016, 09:27:45 am »

((I was actually planning on making my last wish, then Rifting to the primary universe and messing around in that game. And maybe coming back for the final round. Justhe so somebody has a chance to win every round instead of just every other round when I'm not playing.))

Oh...well, since that's the case, I guess I'll say that I had a big choice planned out to either lose powers or lose your old wish, a sadistic choice to RP through; power or morality. In that case, though, I'll just leave the link to that game at the end. Though it is more then just one game, as my link at Round Nineteen showed.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Twenty (2/10, 7 On Waitlist)
« Reply #1113 on: December 30, 2016, 01:14:34 pm »

What the heck, accidental double post?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 30, 2016, 01:18:48 pm »

((inb4 Beirus dies to something.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 01, 2017, 06:17:48 pm »

(If beirus manages to die to something that isn't you TBF, I'm going to be salty.)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 01, 2017, 07:56:28 pm »

"Pleasure to meet you, Lucas. Please, go on with your meeting. What is it about?" Beirus replies.

Talky stuff. Send my Allies after TBF.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 04, 2017, 06:14:14 pm »

Chapter Three: The Test Subjects
Match One: Deathmatch
Round Twenty-One: The Void Train
Train 45-A
Evening, Cloudy, 7/20/2016

As her eyes adjust to the overwhelming darkness, revealing enough of the creature to guarantee that what she saw wasn't a trick of the eyes bathed in black, BiggerFish pats her pockets for her cellphone, not knowing if this version of her came with one. [9] Luckily, a smartphone is in her left side pocket on her pants, with a black case and a damaged and cracked screen from all the impacts, but it works. She raises the phone up to the window to catch the creature, switching to the camera and lining up the shot. [Quality Check: 8] After a flash emits from the phone, she turns it around, the screen showing a slightly brightened, and good quality image of the creature. Exactly how she thought it looked, it appears to be the shape of a star, or specifically a starfish, with seven long tentacles. Instead of suction cups, the things the creature is gripping with appear to be eyeballs, each tentacle bearing a different color. Staring at her, in the center, is a single eyeball with a pure black iris, as though the pupil were bleeding into the iris. Pressing two fingers up to her earpiece, Fish asks, "Hey, Abigail, what's your phone number?", which leads to silence. After a few seconds of quiet, Abigail says, "...U-um, w-why d-do you n-need to k-know?", to which Fish responds, "I'm going to send you a pic of the tentacle thing. It might help with identifying it.". Abigail utters a simple, "...Ah." before giving Fish her number. One fired text later, and Abigail says, "O-Okay...w-what the-?!", to which Fish responds, "Precisely. Also, could Thornhill take Beirus on?". Abigail curses under her breath before saying, "If we had g-guns to hire, and h-his location, maybe. I-I could place an o-order for some weaponry, and try to find his location. S-Should I g-go ahead? I mean, a-assuming I even can do w-what I ask.". Fish is about to respond, when a Rift suddenly opens next to her....

With the tapping of his fingers against the table, Beirus smiles under his helmet and says, "Pleasure to meet you, Lucas. Please, go on with your meeting. What is it about?". Lucas shoots a cocky smile his way before saying, "It's twofold, man. I'm actually a good friend of Theren's, but I came because Theren was telling me about this wild blood sport he said you're in. I actually had a question about that. He says that there's otherworldly creatures, demons, etcetera. Are there any...patterns? Like, do they show up at certain times, is there something in common? I'm quite curious.". Beirus, waving his hand to signal a Rift to BiggerFish, responds...

Suddenly, out of the Rift, three Crab-like Aether beings pop out [2, 10+2 (Trapping) v 2] right into BiggerFish's trap. Fish dives into the next car, blacked out and without light, as a very large explosion completely demolishes the second car, triggered by some quick thinking and the detonator, as a gas cloud chases after the front of the train. [8] Luckily, the explosion was large enough to destroy the car, yet secluded enough that the third car survived with only the door blasted out. [Health Check: 10] BiggerFish is also completely unharmed. [Distance Check: 9] And, there is one last bit of good news. The light at the end of the tunnel is fully visible.

BSN: Stickin' it to the man. I like it.

So, here's the turn. Good luck.

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 06, 2017, 01:31:58 am »

((bump))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 06, 2017, 01:39:13 am »

...The Machine previously knew the exact location and time a sniper would need to [SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5 OF PERSON OF INTEREST:] save John and Harold from the corrupt cops that were paid to execute them while running at vastly reduced capacity.  I'm pretty sure she can track, and place a sniper for, one godlike being.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 06, 2017, 01:42:52 am »

...The Machine previously knew the exact location and time a sniper would need to [SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5 OF PERSON OF INTEREST:] save John and Harold from the corrupt cops that were paid to execute them while running at vastly reduced capacity.  I'm pretty sure she can track, and place a sniper for, one godlike being.

I knew it could, I just had to make absolute sure it could in a reality without the majority of mankind. Actually, I just realized how stupid I am. Thornhill's around, so logically, so are it's employees. Still, thanks for telling me. Anything else for your action?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 06, 2017, 01:45:33 am »

Survive.
Sigtext

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 06, 2017, 02:25:08 am »

((Man, I was hoping for a hit squad. I wanted a new proto-stone. Also, Greatness, don't forget about my aether/alchemy powered forcefield if it becomes relevant.))

"Well, I've met Legion. Ran into him in a desert in California. He seemed bored, almost like the apocalypse was just something to do with his time. Seemed like a pretty nice guy, not overly hostile or threatening. Not like that Operator. That guy is a smug jackass. Talking so much shit and acting so high and mighty when he isn't even from this universe. Still, he keeps himself restrained. He seems to show up to gloat, or rub things in people's faces. He has a habit of just body snatching any civilians around, or he did before I wished them somewhere safe. I've only met Jericho in passing, but he seemed like the one that would fly off the handle at the slightest excuse, no matter the consequence it had on this apocalypse they're trying to set up." Beirus pauses and takes a drink to let Lucas process the information before continuing.

"Speaking of the deathmatch, there should only be one person left other than me. I'll let them live as long as this discussion keeps my interest though, since I have enjoyed my conversation with Theren and I'm sure you have quite a bit to talk about. But they used their wish to give themself a toy. You ever see that show Person of Interest? They got the Machine from that, and I'm sure they'll probably try to use it to track me if they haven't already. But they messed up. You see, they wished for those causatively related to the Wiki Wars to be unable to harm the Machine. I'm a product of the Wars, though, not a cause. Since I would hate for this nice meeting to be interrupted by a hitsquad or something, I'll have to break their toy. It'll just take a moment."

Destroy the Machine with Alchemy and Aether Manipulation, preferably without killing any of the folks near it. Just leave them a note saying that I'm only sparing their lives once. Don't actually leave Theren and Licas, though, incase that wasnt clear. If I need to be able to move around, just step away from the table. And send some Ethereal Allies after Fish if I can.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:58:24 am by Beirus »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 06, 2017, 02:30:01 am »

Ah ah ah, hold on just a minute.  What, exactly, is Beirus's maximum range, and: isn't Beirus being causative of the Wiki-Wars by participating?  After all, they wouldn't happen if nobody fought them...

Also, Beirus, are you really sure you want to cause an apocalypse again?

The Machine would also have record of the forcefield, no doubt, so it might very well have not gone with a sniper.

Also, the show is Person of Interest, not Numbers.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:40:57 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 06, 2017, 02:39:28 am »

With Alkahestry? The tectonic plate he's at, which is how he basically did an Undertale Genocide run on Africa back in Chapter One. Alchemy is on a slightly smaller scale. If he's at the same plate, it's fair game. If not, he can only use a +2 and Aether Manipulation. I assumed Causative meant "The Cause of, or Source of, a given event." Beirus didn't start the games, though I guess he is a source by being a competitor. Of course, that leaves it open for something outside of the games to disable it, like a Demon, Monster, or Human not affiliated with W.I.P, the Wiki-Warriors, or the Cult of Jericho.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:43:31 am by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 106