Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146675 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Sixteen
« Reply #1095 on: December 13, 2016, 08:35:06 pm »

Chapter Three: The Test Subjects
Match One: Deathmatch
Round Eighteen: Anger
Tsuyama Railroad Educational Museum, Tsuyama, Okayama Prefecture, Japan
Afternoon, Light Drizzling, 7/20/2016

As his clenched fist opens up and leaves a bloody handprint on the plane's engine, the crimson stain obvious on the white sheen, PirateJoe's face contorts into a terrifying combination of rage and vengeance as he yells out, "I didn't fucking kill a bunch of people so I could just die here and let their deaths be completely meaningless! Whoever sent you doesn't matter, I'm going to win this fucking game and get my damn wish dammit! Call me selfish all you want, I'm done giving, I want to take something for once in my damn life!". The injured creature backs away in a surprising move of self-preservation, but the living one crouches down, ready to pounce, were it not for Joe wrapping his hands around his BFG. [4 v 5] All of that fury serves as a detriment, however, as his wounds and mental state leave round after round striking only the ground around the main creature, destroying the asphalt but leaving the creature alive. Fifteen rounds were wasted, as the creature still stands, leaving Joe gibbering and angry.

Train 45-A

As the panicked voice nervously and quickly stutters out what happened, her breathing going quicker and quicker as she continues, BiggerFish tries her best to calm Abigail down. "Abigail, just breathe, okay? I'm all right. I'm maybe a bit shook up by the presence of certain factors of you know who, but otherwise uninjured. Not sure if I'll necessarily stay that way but several different layers of deadly death blocking the only way putative opponents would reasonably take to enter here is probably a decent deterrent. What did you hear?", she says, hoping to calm her friend down. Abigail breathes in and out, and begins to explain, "W-Well, when you got on your train, I started to hear some static interference, so I took it o-out of my ear, t-to check it. W-When I put it back, all I heard was s-static, and I thought it was broken 'till I started something growling. It was like a bloody m-monster! I was a-about to ask what was going on, until I-I heard a flatline, and...I feared the worst.". BiggerFish, listening to all of that, nods as she says, "Okay. Also, where am I going? Can you tell?". [3] Abigail's voice pipes in, responding with, "N-No. It's all over the place. It seems to be saying you're going to Okayama, y-yet also passing through a Rift, yet a-also not moving at all.". So much for that plan, I guess.

?
?

After adjusting each round in the Barrett M223 Devastation and popping the rounds back in the gun, Beirus turns to Theren and says, "Mythology is an interest of mine as well. I always liked the tales of people and things larger than life, doing the impossible. So, have you observed any alternate timelines? Anything interesting in them?", while working on more Ethereal Allies. [7+2+2] Two more Allies appear, now inhuman in nature. Rather then humans, they resemble crab-like creatures, with their claws being replaced with gaping jaws, complete with teeth and tongue. They also have blades as replacements for their legs. They certainly know lethal force. One Rift later, and they are sent to PirateJoe. Theren Norfolk responds with an explanation. "Yes, I have. In fact, I've done enough to come into contact with other researchers of the timelines, some from other timelines. I have a scientific theory about it, confirmed true by my sources. In any given Universe, there is a central "Prime" timeline, the first to form with the Universe, and then Splinter Timelines that emerge from differences. We are in a Splinter Timeline. I saw our Prime counterpart. The "real" timeline, as it were, has Rifts leading to worlds filled with the inhuman; Monsters, as it were. The only reason our world isn't swarmed by Zombies and Werewolves and the like is because of our Splintered existence. I could tell you more about it, if you're interested. My next meeting can wait, or perhaps join us in this occasion.". Beirus nods, and prepares to respond.

The still standing Ethereal Ally charges towards PirateJoe. [3 v 5] As it charges forward, Joe dodges just in time to see the creature stab into the engine [5], becoming barely stuck.

BSN: Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore, Baked Beans, Lore, Lore, Lore, and Lore!

So I've been working on this Universe for a long time, and the first non-game work that takes place in it has been written! At this link, I have a prologue written out for the first series. I plan to edit the OP to include a bit more info. For now, sheets.

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 13, 2016, 09:44:40 pm »

"Oh for the love of..." I muttered as I tried to mow them all down with my gun, the aircraft hopefully wasn't to damaged but one thing I knew for sure, I had to get out of here after I dealt with these creatures.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 15, 2016, 09:06:09 am »

((Bump for Beirus and Fish, assuming they aren't too busy.))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 17, 2016, 11:23:42 am »

((Second bump because I can't update with only one player.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 17, 2016, 12:59:06 pm »

I'm pretty sure my action is just 'keep riding the train until it gets somewhere, defend myself if attacked' at this point.

"Yeah, mine grew a tentacle.  It was freaky.  Hm.  So a Rift???"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 17, 2016, 03:52:23 pm »

"I would indeed like to hear more about it.: Beirus replies.

Talky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 19, 2016, 09:22:11 am »

Round Nineteen: Veil

As rain and blood falls onto the asphalt and stains the grey ground, the wheezing and gasping of PirateJoe would send shivers down the spine of anyone in the vicinity, but no one came. No one's watching. As he ponders his lonely pain, he's also picking his minigun up and aiming it at the offending creature, revving up the chambers as he levels the large gun at the beast. [10 v 7] A short burst of four rounds flash out of the spinning barrels, three of which slam into the creature's right arm, disabling it from the elbow down, while one grazes it's shoulder. As the creature steps back and growls in pain, Joe runs off and tries to hide. [2] Despite all the good spots for cover, a combination of determined pride and vicious rage keep him at a decent distance from the creatures. He leans back against a car in pain, looking to the creatures, only to see another Rift open near him. Three...crab demons of some sort pop out, walking across the ground while pinching their claws, teeth and tongue bare in the open graspers as sharp legs pierce the ground. The muttering of, "Oh for the love of...", says it all.

Train 45-A

At the moment in time the conversation is taking place, the train is still rolling through the tunnel purged in darkness, black shadows covering the walls of the tunnel and hiding the edges. With two fingers pressed against her Bluetooth speaker, BiggerFish sums up her recent experiences. "Yeah, mine grew a tentacle. It was freaky.", she says. The first response is silence, quickly followed up by a groan and the words, "T-That's it? Just a tentacle? W-With all due respect, Fish, I got the approximation of what might be y-your murder, and you got a tentacle. Seems lackluster.". Fish nods, before she remembered that it wasn't a video call and said, "Hm. So a Rift???". Abigail responds with the clear intonation of concentration, responding with, "Like I said, it's all over t-the place. At least one reading says that you're entering a Rift t-to a place I can't pronounce correctly, yet another o-one says you're not moving. What does that say? Greckteasy? Grecker-Grecked-It's a place, I can't pronounce i-it.". BiggerFish looks out the window to the shadows, and uses her basic math to figure out when she'll get to whatever destination she's headed. [6] She reasons that it can't be too long, just fifteen-thirty minutes at the least. (One Dialogue Turn+One Normal Turn) She sits down on a seat and looks around for something hiding in those shadows. [9-2(Shadowed)] While the darkness does cascade around everything, she can make out more tentacles outside the train, one tentacle turned to her. In place of suction cups, there are crimson red eyeballs, gazing into her soul.

?
?

In the dining room, lit by a nearby fireplace and several candles with scientific instruments and magical runes surrounding it, the Disgraced Alchemist sits down at the table bearing the eye of the Webagon, staring off into space. Beirus leans forward, and says, "I would indeed like to hear more about it.". The man in front of him, Theren Norfolk, nods before pressing a button and quietly whispering something to someone. He then looks Beirus in the eye, and speaks in his monotone voice, with no care or emotion put into his delivery. "Well, in our prime timeline, around 1326 to 1345, a large surge of Magic entered public space. Needless to say, the more superstitious populace began to openly execute users of Magic. This changed, however, when one man was executed. His death opened flood gates no one knew existed, and Rifts were torn into the Monster Realms; Beastia, The Void, and Draconia. This man resurrected into an unstoppable force from the energies, becoming the Rainmaker. Before he could tear the world asunder, the king od Draconia, known as Agazhim, sealed him away into a space between the Timelines. Limbo, as it were. So, Agazhim's respect was granted, because he was a Dragon, and he allowed Magic to be used on his own power. That is the abridged version, considering there's a lot to talk about and it's 2016 in that timeline. By the way, I suppose it's time for my next guess. If you wish to stay and meet him, feel free to.". After all that, Beirus nods as Theren presses a button and whispers something else. Beirus hears doors in the building open up, and makes his choice there.

With beady eyes, the Ethereal Creatures peer and comb over their immediate area to look for PirateJoe. [10] Without any help from the still living, though retreating, Ethereal Allies, they spot him leaning against a white Mustang. One jumps on top of the cars and begins sprinting at him, toothed claws held out in front of it. [7 v 5] Joe looks away just in time to feel the worst pain you can feel on any beach not located in Glasgow; a crab latching onto your ear. Only difference is, first, in Glasgow that pain is getting shanked in the ankle. But second, the combination of crab claw and human like teeth combine into a vicious grapple that leaves the unearthly abomination dangling off Joe's head. The other two duck and weave around the trucks, [8] remaining hidden as they flank Joe.

BSN: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161851.0. This link is the Lore and Mythos. It goes into greater detail from Beirus's turn.

So, on the game I recently made based on this Mythos, a player dropped out. No hard feelings, obviously. Just a lack of communication because I'm a forgetful idiot. So, I decided to rectify my mistakes here. So, I'll try to set the scene a lot better, because A. I really like room descriptions, and B. It'll help with play, I'd wager.. If you wanna see what happened, don't. It's not important. I just wanted to tell you why I bothered to start describing things. I also, once again, urge interactivity and free form. If you want to, instead of killing, nuke the Czech Republic and raise a monkey army, do it! There's a main objective, but it's not the end all, be all method of play.

Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:35:27 am by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 19, 2016, 12:50:57 pm »

"EEK."

"There is a creepy tentacle thing on the train."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 19, 2016, 02:56:59 pm »

I tried killing the crab thing on my ear and continuing to try to get away, I could come back later to get the laser but I cant use it if I died now.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 21, 2016, 11:40:45 am »

((Bump bamp))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 21, 2016, 03:09:12 pm »

"Interesting. I may have to pay that universe a visit some time. I've already been to the Void, seen the Maw. Maybe Beastia or Draconia would be interesting. And I have no problem meeting your other guest. I have no other pressing issues. After all, this round only lasts so long as I allow it."

More talky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 28, 2016, 12:50:22 am »

((I got a new computer, and unlike my family laptop, it deletes any progress I had on the page for an update. So it'll be a little while longer.

This same message will be on the Earth IV Mythos, because I can't be bothered to write a new update for the same reason.  :P))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 29, 2016, 01:57:51 pm »

Round Twenty: Desperate Struggle
Evening, Cloudy, 7/20/2016

As blood drips onto the pavement and pained gasps fill the air, his groans strained as his voice weakens, PirateJoe's knees buckle as he feels the pain grow. He can no longer ignore it through adrenaline and healing. Agony bleeds through his chest, back, and shoulderblades as pain slowly sets in where determination rested. Despite this, his two hands still grasp at the crab creature, trying to pull it off. [6-1 v 2] Despite the sheer, furious agony in his body, Joe manages to pull the crab off of his ear with minimal further damage, it's toothed pincers snapping and biting as it tries to grab him. [3-1 v 10] Hoisting it up, Joe tries to throw it away, but the crab manages to get an attack off as the pain prevents anything of substance. [2 v 10-1] Before it can, Joe gets enough of a second wind to run off, a momentary respite from the pain setting in as he runs. [4] While the crabs can see him still, his stopping point behind a car gives him a bit of cover from anything they try to do to kill him. [Defense: +1 unless Flanked)

Train-45-A
Evening, Cloudy, 7/20/2016

With widened eyes and gaping mouth, her pupils shrinking slightly as the darkness of the both the train and the wall bends around her, BiggerFish pushes a shaking hand up to her Bluetooth and lets loose a shrill "EEK!" through the earpiece. Carter's voice is the one that comes through this time, his Irish accented voice coming in deadpan, yet startled and angry. "Gah! What the hell, Fish?". Fish then asks, "Where's Abigail?", to which Carter responds with, "She's doing calculations. Why did ya scream like that?". Fish shakily says, "There is a creepy tentacle thing on the train.". Silence comes over before a familiar meek voice comes over. "P-Pardon?" Abigail asks, her nervous voice wavering in a familiar way. Fish repeats what she says, to which Abigail says, "W-Well, I'm just a journalist. I d-don't know if there is a database for t-this, but I can look, a-alright?". Fish nods and gives an affirmative before sitting down, waiting for the next move.

?
?

As the orange and red candlelight glows around the still drinking Disgraced Alchemist, the flickering flame burning brightly around the table, Beirus turns to the door as he says, "Interesting. I may have to pay that universe a visit some time. I've already been to the Void, seen the Maw. Maybe Beastia or Draconia would be interesting. And I have no problem meeting your other guest. I have no other pressing issues. After all, this round only lasts so long as I allow it.", slight smugness in his power evident in his voice. The double doors open to show another man. Dark brown hair is tied into a long ponytail, as sunglasses hide hazel eyes and a goatee goes around his mouth. He's wearing a crimson suit with a maroon tie, crimson pants and black dress shoes completing his ensemble. "Theren! I would say that it's nice to see you, but I see you every day." he says, his voice smug and sharp as though his tongue was made of silver. Beirus stands up and holds a hand up to shake this man's hand. "I'm Beirus.", he says, to which the man shakes his hand and says, "Name's Lucas, though I was born Lucille. Both are pretty nice, I suppose.". Both of them sit down, and Beirus thinks of a way for, what else? Talky Stuff.

Due to him not sneaking, the crab creatures lunge towards the car he's cowering behind, all three having their bladed legs at the ready. [6 v 1+1] [9 v 5+1] [9 v 1+1] The first blade leg strikes as the crab lunges under the car, hitting his back where his stabbed area is, injuring it further and pushing it into dangerous levels. The second one stabs into his right arm as it's crab jumps over the car, popping a bleeding hole into it. The final one doesn't comes until he tries to get up, to which it stabs him through the left eye through the car door, the other door open, sending him screaming. He tries to pull it out of his socket, [1-2 (Pain, Bleeding, Blinded)] but the blade pushes further through his skull, as Joe's screams suddenly stop as blood gargles out of his mouth. When the blade is pulled out, pink chunks of meat pop out as he collapses stone dead onto the pavement.
PirateJoe has been fatally lobotomized! Beirus gets:
http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Hover_Jets: +Item: Hover Jets

BSN: Okay, I know I said I liked OP, but just...wow. Beirus is like Chuck Norris mixed with frickin' Goku and Superman right now.

But yeah, Joe? Wanna waitlist. I know it must be frustrating, but it's only Chapter Three. You are going to win at some point, and giving up now will not help that chance. I know you.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 29, 2016, 02:29:12 pm »

And yes, I'd like to be on the wait list, after all, you know my wish and that the second I get it I'm out of the game after the round after more or less due to the nature of my wish.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 29, 2016, 11:03:53 pm »

Correction: It was "EEK." not "EEK!".

Take pictures of tentacle thing, send to Abigail.

Really, really hope Beirus is vulnerable to Thornhill.  Cough cough.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:41:35 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 106