Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146670 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Fourteen
« Reply #1080 on: November 26, 2016, 09:42:39 pm »

With a sigh I froze the car as well so I could move it to the aircraft, and I then tried moving it closer, I could thaw it out later after all.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 27, 2016, 09:36:46 am »

Let's see.  First, don the gas mask.  Then, rig up, in successive lines, the smoke grenade, bear traps, gas grenade, and claymore.

Be sneaky.

If the Adventure Core can actually teach me something of substance, learn it.  Quietly.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:38:29 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 29, 2016, 11:40:19 pm »

*bump for Beirus*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 30, 2016, 12:30:18 am »

Beirus remains silent for the moment, allowing Theren to start talking if he chooses while continuing to work.

Upgrade my Barrett with Alchemy and Aether Manipulation and the Protostone.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 03, 2016, 06:05:03 pm »

Chapter Three: The Test Subjects
Match One: Deathmatch
Round Sixteen: Magic
Tsuyama Railroad Educational Museum, Tsuyama, Okayama Prefecture, Japan
Afternoon, Light Drizzling, 7/20/2016

With a heavy sigh leaving his lips, his breath showing from the cold in a brief cloud of white, PirateJoe resigns himself...to either a brilliant idea or an over-complicated one. Placing his hands upon the broken red Subaru, he channels his Ice Magic to the cold metal, his fingertips and eyes glowing a cool blue as they use the channeled power. [10+2] He flash-freezes the Subaru, it's firetruck red color turning into a dull purple as a layer of frost covers it. It not only works the way he intended, the frost somehow lessening the weight despite the weight of the frozen water due to it's magical power, but it also converts the rounds in the Storm Laser. While it would previously fire plasma, Ice Magic seeps into the ammo supply, causing the previously red-hot laser rounds to convert to a cooler substance. [Intuition Check: 10] Joe, knowing his magic well, knows on pure intuition what the lasers do. While not hot enough to burn holes into targets, the plasma will exhaust itself onto a target and flash-freeze whatever hit. While Joe can restore the red hot plasma, the Ice Magic affected blasts are pretty effective. Joe then drags it towards the plane [6+2], making quick progress as the car and the Storm Laser are light enough to pick up and carry. He makes it pretty close to the jet, but before he can set then down, an Aether Rift opens next to the jet. Out of it pops three beings made of golden energy, their white, glowing eyes giving them an eerie edge. Both of their hands have clawed fingers, each point sharp and wicked as they hunch over, ready to begin the assault.

Train 45-A

With an impish grin on her face and two fingers on her chin, her thoughts forming into a plan that may seem like overkill to the average person, but her targets are no average people. Throwing the gas mask over her head, it's lenses giving everything a slightly green tint, she starts by rigging the smoke bomb and the first two bear traps, since they'll be the first to fire. [5+2, 7+2] All three are successfully rigged. Now, for the most dangerous items: the toxic gas and the explosive. [5+2, 9+2] BiggerFish rigs both, and while the Tabun Gas is perfectly fine where it is, the Claymore is placed in such a way that no one can escape it's explosive power. If she triggers that button, anything in the radius will be caught in the fireball. She looks out the door to see if her targets are coming. [6] She only sees the obvious: Jericho and The Operator are still in the cockpit. She can't tell if they're coming, nor what they're planning. She turns to the Adventure Core and asks, "If you have any plans, say them now. And if you say "hit them really hard", I will kick you out the window.". The Core looks to her and says, "Um, we could hit them really hard,", which causes her to scowl a little until the Core continues, "By you throwing me at them?". Fish only sighs before nodding.

?
?

With silence in the air, the answers so far given, Beirus continues to work on what is, essentially, a doomsday plan against the opposition. Beirus pulls his Barrett 50. Cal out of his armor before using his Alchemy, Proto-Stone, and Aether powers to upgrade it. [10+3+2] What comes out is a new gun. Rather then the normal ten round magazines, each one 50. BMG, it now has fifteen rounds of bullets that can rip people in half. The scope now had variable sight, being able to click a notch and zoom in further. Each round, in addition to being large and powerful, now can accept Magic, leading to a potential fifteen round mixed bag of Magic Rounds. Thus, the Barrett M82 has been enhanced into the Barrett M223 Devastation. Popping the Sniper Rifle back into his armor, he turns around only for Theren to speak up, his voice still deadpan and emotionless. "Why did you come here? If you wanted more information, why go to me? If you wanted a talk, that's reasonable.", he says, before his voice takes on the more sinister intonation. "Did you come to kill me? We're both monsters, yet you still hold enough respect to Earth to reject the Operator's plan. Jericho's plan. So, what was it? Rejection of the ideals, or a simple chat between a scientist and an Alchemist of war?". Beirus turns back to look at him, forming a response to the query.

The three Ethereal allies of Beirus charge towards PirateJoe, claws at the ready. [4 v 5] The one in the front swipes, Joe dodging out the way by the breadth of a hair's length. [1 v 4] Another one charges in, only to slip on the wet floor and fall onto the asphalt. [8 v 5] The final one slashes Joe's chest open, four claw marks drawing quite a bit of blood. Not too dangerous on it's own, but it is still bleeding quite a bit.

BSN: HOWDY. I'M GREATY. GREATY THE GREAT NAT.

So, yeah. Here's the turn. Don't really have an update, save for one observation: the final three here are all players from Chapter One. That's kind of cool, I suppose.

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:39:05 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Sixteen
« Reply #1085 on: December 03, 2016, 06:13:43 pm »

"Wow, rude." I said before using ice danmaku to obliterate the creatures who where attacking me and interrupting me from actually doing what I wanted to do.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 03, 2016, 06:32:27 pm »

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have tried by now. Besides the obvious countermeasures I'm sure you must have, such a direct attempt at disrupting their plans would probably warrant their involvement without the constraints their power has been placed under. You invited me here for a chat, Theren. It can be difficult to find idle subjects for conversation in the middle of a deathmatch that is tied into plans to bring the apocalypse, but I suppose I could give it another try. What are your interests?"

Magic Ammo? Use Alchemy with the Protostone and Aether Manipulation to make them unavoidable homing bullets that home in on my enemies and hit them no matter the distance, angle, or cover.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 05, 2016, 11:31:28 pm »

Er, that was more that I wanted to learn some sort of combat abilities, yeah?

Meanwhile, am I still getting demon interference?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 09, 2016, 12:46:22 am »

Chapter Three: The Test Subjects
Match One: Deathmatch
Round Seventeen: Interests
Tsuyama Railroad Educational Museum, Tsuyama, Okayama Prefecture, Japan

As blood drips down his shirt, the pain of the wound dulling the nerves around his ribs, PirateJoe turns to the creatures and says, "Wow, rude.", before holding his hands out. A blue, cold glow once again takes hold of him as he summons it's power. [9+2 v 3, 8+2 v 1, 4+2 v 4] Suddenly, with very little warning, a blast of icicles bursts from his hands and launch out towards the Ethereal creatures. One gets an icicle in the stomach and one arm, tearing the arm away and causing the beast to land on it's back. Another gets a heap of icicles in the head and chest and it dies instantly, dissolving into Aether matter. The final one dodges some, though one embeds itself in it's right hand. As the surviving creatures let loose a howl of violent pain, Joe just walks towards the jet with a hand at his chest.

As the scowl on her lips drops into more of a confused glare, the gas mask clad BiggerFish says, "Er, that was more that I wanted to learn some sort of combat abilities, yeah?", which makes the Adventure Core twitch its eye nervously. "Uh, yeah. I knew that. Um, well...I got nothing.". Well at least it's honest.. Rolling her eyes, Fish pulls her Bluetooth out of her pocket, investigating whether or not she's still under demonic interference. [7] Everything seems calm, and when she tunes into the Bluetooth, she speaks a greeting to it. Immediately, she hears Abigail's panicked voice. "F-Fish? You're alive?", she says, causing Fish to raise an eyebrow and ask, "What?". Abigail's voice continues with, "When I-I tried to get t-to you, I heard s-screaming and a flatline. Screaming and...and-". She's clearly panicking.

With a raised eyebrow, the Disgraced Alchemist looks back to Theren and explains, "If I wanted to kill you, I would have tried by now. Besides the obvious countermeasures I'm sure you must have, such a direct attempt at disrupting their plans would probably warrant their involvement without the constraints their power has been placed under. You invited me here for a chat, Theren. It can be difficult to find idle subjects for conversation in the middle of a deathmatch that is tied into plans to bring the apocalypse, but I suppose I could give it another try. What are your interests?". Theren looks up to the Catholic Alchemist, pushing his glasses back up as he calmly says, "My interests? Hobbies?", to which Beirus nods. "Well...I have an interest in mythology. Christian, Greek, Roman, Norse. Stories of heroes and Gods, and the so called "Evil" that opposes each. One of the books I enjoyed reading growing up was a copy of the Bible. Not because I was religious, but rather because the stories interested me. The flood that killed the Earth. The rise of Saul the Judge. The Crucifixion of Christ. I listed the morbid ones, but each story has a memory. I could put myself at that time period and see Christ himself walk the Earth. I was also interested in stories like the Iliad and the Epic of Gilgamesh. It's just, something about the times before that interest me.". Beirus stands up and tries to alter each and every bullet to be an improvement, after checking the Stone to see if there's still souls to use. [5] There's enough for this last transmutation, which can break the laws of physics. [4+3+2] While they don't become homing bullets, everything else he wanted to happen hits the bullets. They become surged with Alchemical power, negating drop off. They don't home in, but they can pierce cover, and strike a target at any distance. Theren continues talking, saying, "I also have an interest in alternate timelines. Do you want to hear about that, or shall I call in my other guest?"

The Ethereal creatures that survived the attack do two different things. The more seriously injured one lays on the ground and growls in pain. The more intact one chases Joe down and tries to claw him apart. [8 v 3] Joe, walking back to the plane, doesn't see or hear the creature coming until two claws stab into his back, the nails poking into his ribs. As he gasps, the creature tries to hurt him further, holding off on killing him. [Non Lethal: 7 v 9] Joe suddenly grabs it's head and throws it back, his blood spilling as the claws exit his body. Joe leans against the engine of the jet, breathing hard as he latches onto the engine.

BSN: Oh, yeah. Establishing my Universe. Maybe.

So, I don't know what I'm gonna say here. Other then the fact that I might be getting better at writing characters. Tell me what you think!

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:49:17 am by Greatness942 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 09, 2016, 01:11:52 am »

The pain, and the fact that I was being clawed up quite bad made me angry, and so I yelled out "I didn't fucking kill a bunch of people so I could just die here and let their deaths be completely meaningless! Whoever sent you doesn't matter I'm going to win this fucking game and get my damn wish dammit! Call me selfish all you want, I'm done giving, I want to take something for once in my damn life!" Before taking out my big fucking gun (the avenger cannon to be exact) and mowing the damn creatures down.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 09, 2016, 02:06:07 am »

"Abigail, just breathe, okay?  I'm all right.  I'm maybe a bit shook up by the presence of certain factors of you know who, but otherwise uninjured.  Not sure if I'll necessarily stay that way but several different layers of deadly death blocking the only way putative opponents would reasonably take to enter here is probably a decent deterrent.  What did you hear?

Also, where am I going, can you tell?"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:07:38 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 10, 2016, 10:56:42 pm »

*Beirus Bump: Marvel Edition*

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 10, 2016, 11:27:29 pm »

((Kinda busy IRL. I'll try to post something within the next 6 hours. If you need to do the turn, just have me summon  Ethereal Allies, augment them with Alchemy and Aether manipulation, and send them to reinforce the others.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 10, 2016, 11:47:25 pm »

((Kinda busy IRL. I'll try to post something within the next 6 hours. If you need to do the turn, just have me summon  Ethereal Allies, augment them with Alchemy and Aether manipulation, and send them to reinforce the others.))

((Nice to know, man. I've started updating when I want to/feel like it. On the one hand, I can wait until you post. On the other hand, Shadow Lords is in Page 5 and I need to update it, so make of that what you will.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 11, 2016, 03:53:59 pm »

"Mythology is an interest of mine as well. I always liked the tales of people and things larger than life, doing the impossible. So, have you observed any alternate timelines? Anything interesting in them?"

Summon more Ethereal Allies, augment them with Alchemy and Aether Manipulation, and send them to reinforce the others. Make sure they know to use lethal force.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 106