Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146673 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Ten
« Reply #1065 on: November 10, 2016, 05:50:38 am »

I walked over to where I heard the scream, when I found their body I checked if they where alive, finding that they where, I simply made a spycicle in my hand and stabbed them in the head to end them before they got back up....all this for a wish. I wanted to remove my memory of this life when my impossible dreams came true, and now I wanted to even more so.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 10, 2016, 09:43:55 am »

That just happened.

Avoid any other attacks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 12, 2016, 02:43:55 am »

*bump*
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 12, 2016, 03:00:48 am »

"Interesting. I may have to see about hunting one of those. Or maybe getting a baby one and raising it for the next round. So, where are you from, Theren? Or do you prefer Mr. Norfolk? What did you do before you became entangled in the Wiki Wars?"

Talky stuff
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 16, 2016, 12:21:56 pm »

Chapter Three: The Test Subjects
Match One: Deathmatch
Round Thirteen: Information
Tsuyama Railroad Educational Museum, Tsuyama, Okayama Prefecture, Japan
Late Morning, Raining, 7/20/2016

With a heavy heart and heavy footsteps, the groans of pain bearing a toll on those who are no longer around, PirateJoe turns the corner and looks around for the person he hit. As he looks, he notices that the smoke and the rain has cleared slightly, explaining his better eyesight, as the harmful gas begins to dissipate. As he walks, he sees her. With a bloody trenchcoat, and a blood pool forming, Joe has no doubts about the fact that not only is she a Wiki-Warrior, but also the one he shot just seconds before. Kneeling down, Joe pressed a hand to the back of her neck before attempting to use his magic in his other. [3+2] With a blue glow, he generates a icicle dagger of a decent quality, it's sharp end perfect for stabbing into those caught unawares. [2 v Auto-Fail (Unconscious] Joe stabs into her back, only to make the unconscious girl moan in agony. He stabs her over and over again until the gasps of pain die out with her, her death rattle sending a chill down Joe's spine. As he steps back, he thinks to himself, "All of this...over a wish. All of this pain...over a mere chance to live a new life. Why...why am I-"
Joe has gone full Michael Myers on ATHATH! Joe gets:
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Laser: +Storm Laser (Vehicle Based-Plasma Weapon Infinite/Infinite (Overheats if overused, only works when attached to a vehicle.)

His quite serious thoughts of pain and despair are suddenly interrupted by a giant laser falling out of the sky and smashing a nearby car, it's multiple barrels aiding the weight of the weapon as it crushes a Subaru under it's might. Joe thinks, "...That's why."

With the tentacle flailing through the air and the pain in her stomach, BiggerFish can only barely comprehend that she got through that with no injuries or even a scratch on her, her surprise further compounded by the sound of footsteps growing farther with the metal clanking leaving her side. She looks up to see Jericho sit back down [10], where she perfectly hears the reason why he left. "She's not worth it. Injured Wiki-Warriors won't do for cathartic revenge against the powers that be.", "Hmm...and besides that, we have a Void Bomb covering the entire train. If she tries to fight back and starts winning, we can just bail, so there's no point anyway.". With that, BiggerFish sits up, clutching her stomach tightly, as she prepares to defend against any attacks. She holds a hand up to her Bluetooth, but at the other end there is only static, it's noise bleeding into Fish's brain as she frowns.

After that explanation, his imagination running wild over the appearance of the psychic, feral animal, Beirus takes a full swig of Fenrir, the buzz taking his stomach, before he says, "Interesting. I may have to see about hunting one of those. Or maybe getting a baby one and raising it for the next round.". Theren looks up, his eyes still obscured by the opaque lenses of his glasses as he says, without a hint of caring, "Good luck. The only tame ones we've found are Insads. The main Webagon species are much too feral. Though killing them is certainly an option.". Beirus nods before continuing, "So, where are you from, Theren? Or do you prefer Mr. Norfolk? What did you do before you became entangled in the Wiki Wars?". Theren appears to actually be deep in thought, pausing as if to think, though his response is as dry as ever in tone. "If you wish to be formal, Dr. Norfolk will work. If you're talking about my birthplace, I could not tell you. My family, as it were, traveled quite a bit during my youth. I've seen deserts, forests, cities. If you're referring to my current residence, I have a house in Osaka, though I travel quite a bit. Before I met Mr. Warner, I worked two careers. I was a doctor mainly residing in Quebec, where I mainly did surgery. Patients varied. Children with a splinter in their ankle. Cancer patients with tumors in their brain or their bones. Appendicitis. One day, I was approached by a man in a hood in an alley outside of my hospital who pointed a gun at me. All I shall say about the matter, unless asked, is that he dropped a letter, addressed to an "Astrid". When I met him, it was in the dark, yet I could see him as it the sun shone from inside his hood. He gave me information about someone named Herzog, and told me to keep it secret until a man named Maxwell Warner accepted the offer. My second career was keeping secrets for the Cult of Jericho. And I shall keep them until the current war between you Gifted subjects ends and Mr. Warner can receive his end of the bargain."

BSN: Plot, suckas. We out.

So it has been a while since the last turn. Sorry! Haven't been feeling efficient, and that may be helped by the fact that I have a fourth game now! Yeah, I know! I normally don't advertise, but it doesn't have any players except Joe. It's a...I wouldn't say Suggestion Game, really. It's more of a comment driven story. It's based around the Rooster Teeth web show RWBY, and I'll put a link in the thread if anyone's interested.

Also, ATHATH, I'll ask you if you want to come back...but you did abandon us.

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:26:19 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Thirteen
« Reply #1070 on: November 16, 2016, 01:46:49 pm »

Seeing the massive flashlight laser gun outside I walked out of the building before taking a look around for, well, any vehicle that wont be crushed by the thing. I decided if I couldn't find anything I'd just note this location before going to a army base to return with a tank, hopefully one of those type 10's.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 17, 2016, 02:33:17 pm »

In descending order of priority:

Breathe, heal, hope for contact from outside.

Communicate by tapping Morse Code over the headpiece's mic instead of speech to avoid notifying them of my presence overmuch if I can get a line out.

Look for this 'Void Bomb'.

Start setting up traps just in case they do decide to attack again.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:38:14 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 17, 2016, 03:14:56 pm »

"James' father, then? I suppose he needed to be dead before he would accept the offer. What happened between you and the man in that alley? Who was he? And what did he offer you that would drive you to take part in this?"

Talking stuff.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 21, 2016, 06:03:17 pm »

Round Fourteen: Investigation

With a satisfied nod at the laser cannon currently smashing a poor red Subaru, whistling like he just got a raise, a new car, and three scantily clad women on both arms after winning the Super Bowl twice and I've lost the simile. Moving on. PirateJoe walks around the parking lot close to ATHATH, his eyes carefully scanning each and every car in the area to find something that can even hold the Storm Laser, let alone keep it steady. [9] With an eye for detail, he spots a jet in the middle of the lot, it's white, pristine shine aided by the rainfall to give it a truly majestic glare. Now, to move the gun over...

Train 45-A

With the mention of the Void Bomb escaping the lips of the twisted Operator and the static invading her ear, both triggering a reaction in her brain, BiggerFish begins to run down her priorities and options. First, heal up and hope for contact. She tries to sneak into another car in the train [7], and manages to dash into the next car. It's identical to the first car, save for the obvious lack of the odd tentacle or busted door or windows. With that said, she looks for a first aid kit [9] and manages to find one on a nearby seat. She cracks it open to find bandages, some gauze, and an Adrenaline shot. She wraps the bandages around the laser wound, making sure she stops bleeding before something terrible happens. [9] With a final tight wrap, she stops the bleeding and keeps the wound secure. Next, she checks to see if she can get a signal with it. [1] She connects it to a signal and begins tapping in morse code, asking for help. She continues this until something comes out of the other end...and it isn't a voice. Another black tentacle pops out of the microphone and wraps around her head, causing her to drop the microphone in fear and shock. The tentacle then recedes back into the mic, and when Fish picks it up, she can only hear the static, though with the added effect of something growling on the other end. Placing the mic into her pocket, she begins looking for the so called "Void Bomb". [1] She not only can't see anything from her car, but it seems as though every single other car is painted in pitch blackness. Each light is off, and the darkness is all encompassing. With that, she attempts to lay a trap at the door to prevent another incident. [5] She gets a simple barbed wire tripwire going, but before she can connect it to anything, she's interrupted...by the previously forgotten Adventure Core. "So, uh, beautiful! Would you like some help with that? My bulging mus..cl...huh. Still, I can be of great use to you, m'lady." Everybody run, it's Nolan North.

With those answers in mind, and a few more questions rushing through his head, Beirus takes a sip of the Fenrir in his cup before looking at Theren and musing to himself, "James' father, then? I suppose he needed to be dead before he would accept the offer.", before speaking up and asking, "What happened between you and the man in that alley? Who was he? And what did he offer you that would drive you to take part in this?". At that, Theren drinks some whiskey himself before saying, "First, you are inferring that he gave me an offer. A noble effort, but I only mentioned him dropping a letter. Now then, I did identify him after the fact. Oboro Suzaki, Japanese-American former Professional Wrestler, previously signed to a promotion in the city-state Angel Fire. What happened was that he jumped me and told me to kneel. "Become yet another martyr for our cause", he said. Trying to be intimidating, I suppose. Then...", before drinking from his whiskey. After taking the drink, his voice actually gains an emotion to it: Venom. Not anger, but an edge that shows emphasis. "I grabbed his gun and unloaded it, before slamming it into his face. As soon as he hit the ground, I kneeled down and grabbed him by the hair before I proceeded to bash his skull against the pavement. As soon as blood began to leak out and he started to beg for mercy, I grabbed a bit of glass from the ground from an incident at the hospital. I slashed his throat open immediately, and stared into his eyes as he gargled on his blood and died right there.". Beirus looks at the previously uncanny doctor with shock, as he continues, "When I tore the bloodstained letter from his cloak, I thought it would give me the outlook needed to stop pretending w-I was as human as people though I was.". His voice loses the venom and regains the deadpan delivery, however, as he says, "But that was a violent episode. One that may not have to repeat so long as everything goes well."

BSN: Yep.

First, the segment with Theren was originally going to be much darker. But I started having second thoughts, mostly because it seemed a bit over the top. If anyone (Beirus) asks, I'll say what it was.

Second, I'm going to try to stop being awkward, and start being a little more outgoing. No more asking for waitlists, but more honestly. Less asking for advice, and more looking at myself. Hopefully, that'll go two-fold: It'll improve my IRL self into being a bit better at the things I do, and it might bring people in who were scared off by my winning personality. Because I'm Charlie Sheen.

Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 21, 2016, 06:05:45 pm »

((I'll waitlist.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 21, 2016, 06:12:33 pm »

((Alrighty, then. I'll add you in.))

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm: Chapter Three, Round Fourteen
« Reply #1076 on: November 21, 2016, 06:33:08 pm »

I tried to move the massive laser gun by freezing a bit of it and moving it over to the jet to attach it. Of course, I only froze the non important parts of the thing as to not brake it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 21, 2016, 07:14:42 pm »

((Oh yay, now I get to show Beirus' new, post-Round One/Operator meeting mentality.))

Beirus' shocked facade drops quickly, leaving him with a small smile as he no longer needs to maintain his act. "A sociopath, then? I suppose there is no reason to pretend at my own humanity now. It may make you less humane, but not less human, Theren. Humans are diverse, and failing to meet established social norms does not make you any less of a human. Many men have done worse, and then sought to justify it through lying to themselves, or warping the truth to fit their perspective. It seems you don't have that problem. You understand what you do, and need no justification for it. That is a truth I have only begun to see. There is no need to justify yourself to those weaker than you. Power is the only justification you need. The greatest lie humanity ever told itself was that the opinions of the weak matter when their numbers don't make up for the power gap. The only ones you should justify your actions to are those with the power to stop you. And luckily for me, the only ones with the power to stop me are the ones enabling me. They require no justification." Beirus speaks, his smile growing wider by the end of his speech. "I would like to continue this conversation, but I hope you will excuse my multitasking. After all, this is still a deathmatch, and I haven't won just yet." Beirus says before using his power over aether to make some allies and send them on their way. "Why did you become a doctor? Was it for the challenge? Because you enjoyed carving people up and stitching them back together? Or was it an attempt to compensate for your darker desires and appear more human?" Beirus asks after taking another sip of whiskey.

Talking to Theren. Also, make Ethereal Allies and send them to kill *coin flip* (I seriously flipped a quarter. It came up tails)...piratejoe.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 21, 2016, 08:42:54 pm »

"What with?"

Still set the trap.
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 26, 2016, 09:06:04 pm »

Round Fifteen: Monsters
Afternoon, Light Drizzling, 7/20/2016

As the rain starts to slow and the wetness of the concrete and asphalt floor becomes apparent, the current Ice Mage named PirateJoe looks at the random plane in concentration, the cogs and gears turning in his head as he thinks. With a snap of his fingers, letting loose a bit of frost from his fingers as the tips turn an unhealthy blue, he walks back over to the Storm Laser, still sitting on the car as though it was untouched. With a wave of one hand and the touch of another, he attempts to freeze unimportant components to lessen the weight. [2+2] Immediately, several parts of the gun turns blue as frost seems to bleed off of it, it's cold feeling accentuating success in the mission. Joe attempts to move the gun, only it does not budge. Looking down, he sees a bit of frost and ice accidentally connecting the Storm Laser to the crushed automobile, it's glass shards and broken metal seemingly acting as PirateJoe's patience. With a sigh, he thinks of his next move.

Train 45-A
Afternoon, Light Drizzling, 7/20/2016

With a roll of the eyes, a raised eyebrow, and the twisting of the sharp barbed wire still somewhat in her hands, it's obvious that the false bravado of the Nolan North voiced Adventure Core doesn't faze the Wiki-Warrior BiggerFish in the slightest. "What with?" she asks, her questioning tone letting the Adventure Core know her skepticism. "W-Well, I...oh yeah! I am an expert in fifty-eight known Martial Arts, and I weigh a minimum of fifty pounds!", it/he says to her, The Fish responding, "Right.". [8+2 (Trapping)] Fish not only finishes the barbed wire trap, but also takes a bonus to scrounging around to make it into a proper trap. [10+2] She finds a whole assortment of trapping gear in a suitcase under a seat, a quickly scratched note saying "Better safe then sorry. For the cause. Kill the 223. Better safe then sorry.". Included in the suitcase are the following:

1x M18 Claymore Mine and Detonator
2x Bear Traps
1x Smoke Grenade
1x Tabun Gas Grenade
1x Gas Mask

Satisfied, Fish collects all of the items before thinking of two things: what to use with the tripwire, and what to do next.

?
?

With wide eyes and jaw agape, at first glance, it seems like Beirus is shocked beyond all relief after hearing Theren Norfolk's tale of violence. This facade gives way, however, revealing a small smile and eyes like that of a hungry wolf. "A sociopath, then? I suppose there is no reason to pretend at my own humanity now. It may make you less humane, but not less human, Theren. Humans are diverse, and failing to meet established social norms does not make you any less of a human. Many men have done worse, and then sought to justify it through lying to themselves, or warping the truth to fit their perspective. It seems you don't have that problem. You understand what you do, and need no justification for it. That is a truth I have only begun to see. There is no need to justify yourself to those weaker than you. Power is the only justification you need. The greatest lie humanity ever told itself was that the opinions of the weak matter when their numbers don't make up for the power gap. The only ones you should justify your actions to are those with the power to stop you. And luckily for me, the only ones with the power to stop me are the ones enabling me. They require no justification.". Theren looks up before taking a long sip of his whiskey, then looking at him. Beirus smiles at him wider and wider, standing up from his seat as he explains, "I would like to continue this conversation, but I hope you will excuse my multitasking. After all, this is still a deathmatch, and I haven't won just yet.". At this, he turns and waves his hands around, a pale violet afterimage making his fingers appear downright supernatural. [4+2] At the wave of his hand, the energy around them seems to change, enough for Beirus to notice. Not Aether energy, but an energy nonetheless. Nevertheless, three beings that appear to be made of energy emerge, their bodies golden with white glowing eyes. With a non-verbal wave, the three create a Rift, before flinging themselves towards wherever this "Pirate Joe" would be. They have four moments to make it happen. Beirus then turns back to Theren and asks, his grin the widest at that moment. "Why did you become a doctor? Was it for the challenge? Because you enjoyed carving people up and stitching them back together? Or was it an attempt to compensate for your darker desires and appear more human?", he asks, yet only after taking a sip of whiskey. Theren looks up to him and says, "...To appear human is useless, Beirus. You said it yourself. We're both monsters at this point. One was still clinging on to a recent point, and the other is me.". Beirus nods, before remaining stood up as to ponder his next action.

BSN: I am on a drug; it's called "Charlie Sheen".

Other then the normal rolls I chucked out, there's not much here this time.

Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:44:14 pm by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 106