Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Stone Age Design Game (War - Turn 9 - Design Phase)  (Read 28683 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Age Design Game (War - Turn 8 - Revision Phase)
« Reply #180 on: June 02, 2016, 07:27:34 pm »

PlusBigNeigh
Every Spring, HeNeighs woohoo with SheNeighs. Sometimes Big HeNeighs woohoos, and we got another Big Neigh. Sometimes Small HeNeighs woohoos, and we get another Small Neigh. We need to make sure that only the PlusBig HeNeighs are only allowed to woohoo with SheNeighs. Those NotSoBig HeNeighs should be separated from the SheNeighs and they should go to war.

We can also do the same on Roars if possible.

Selective Breeding anyone?
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »

Wouldn't endurance and control be more useful?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2016, 12:04:24 am »

Wouldn't endurance and control be more useful?
(The principles should be the same. Depending on how our tribesmen think of their useful qualities)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2016, 04:55:17 pm »

PlusBigNeigh
Every Spring, HeNeighs woohoo with SheNeighs. Sometimes Big HeNeighs woohoos, and we got another Big Neigh. Sometimes Small HeNeighs woohoos, and we get another Small Neigh. We need to make sure that only the PlusBig HeNeighs are only allowed to woohoo with SheNeighs. Those NotSoBig HeNeighs should be separated from the SheNeighs and they should go to war.

We can also do the same on Roars if possible.

Selective Breeding anyone?
+1
+1
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2016, 08:25:35 pm »

Quote from: Revision Result
PlusBigNeigh
Bigger neighs are trained for war and used in breeding more neighs.  Smaller neighs killed for meat.

(Image not included due to imgur being a pain to have accept the background is supposed to be transparent.  Not a clue why, just that that is happening.)

War

Small fights occur over the crossing.  Others force back tribe attacks and tribe forces back other attacks.  They seem to set up huts made of sticks leaning against each other and animal skin between the sticks.  Take while to set up right and seen to fall over in wind sometimes.

Small number of floaty skin baskets limit number that can go to other bank.  Not enough right now to make good attack, but enough to scout.  Find their village upriver and short distance from river.  Seem to have been hit hard by two prior battles, but many still remain.

(Warscore: 33% favorable)

Tribe

Scouts heading deep into forest find strange area.  Big lake upon top of hill, with edge being extremely steep.  Shiny black rock other tribe use found around it.  Some think other tribe might use it because it would be good for weapons and tools, others unsure.

Spoiler: Your Tribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Tribe (click to show/hide)

Begin Design Phase

Hey Zan, howmany digits does one of our tribes people have on their hands? Im thinking of getting counting in soon.

I've been working on the basis that these are prehistoric humans, but if something else is desired, you can change it as you wish.  Only real limiters that I can think of are the facts that the species isn't amphibious, has an ability to make and manipulate tools, is an omnivore, and can ride horses in some way.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2016, 09:00:11 pm »

Base ten it is.

-edit-

Going to get a new measurement system/counting system design in soonish.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2016, 12:25:03 am »

Catch Pointy Things

A wooden frame, Longbone by Bigbone, covered and filled with straw, ropes, or anything fluffy. Must be man-portable. Bonus if it can float.

We can now laugh off their obsidian javelins.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:41:15 am by evilcherry »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2016, 12:51:08 am »

If there's too much wood it will be too heavy, and I think straw can be packed thick enough to be good armor but it needs something to hold the straw in. How about this?

Stick Stopper
Shield woven from fibers, then dried in the sun.

Swimmer Sticker
Barbed harpoon made from Antler antlers. Affixed to the end of a long stick with fibers. These can be thrown at swimmers to catch them. Even if Swimmers can still swim after being poked, the weight of the Swimmer Sticker will stop it from escaping or being carried away by the current. The Swimmer can them be retrieved.

Sticky Water
Cook logs inside clay pots with airtight lids. The resulting tar is an extremely useful adhesive.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:27:25 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2016, 01:57:44 am »

The straw can be packed in bundles of half a tinybone in diameter, tied up with more straw. 2 layers of such bundles should be sufficient against javelins.

It is intended to be used as a field fortification, not something you can run with. I deliberately avoided shields or bucklers as it is not standing a chance against obsidian javelins.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2016, 08:50:58 am »

Stick Stopper
Shield woven from fibers, then dried in the sun.
1+
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:45:31 pm by High tyrol »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2016, 09:19:06 am »

Catch Pointy Things

A wooden frame, Longbone by Bigbone, covered and filled with straw, ropes, or anything fluffy. Must be man-portable. Bonus if it can float.

We can now laugh off their obsidian javelins.
1+
+1 Yes please.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2016, 11:20:58 am »

It is intended to be used as a field fortification, not something you can run with. I deliberately avoided shields or bucklers as it is not standing a chance against obsidian javelins.
I disagree. People used wicker shields for thousands of years for slapping down javelins that are better made than the ones we're facing now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2016, 11:49:52 am »

Wicker is slightly different than just compacted straw.

Anyways, have finger count, AKA roman numerals. Also contained within, example of the biggest flaw of the fourbone system.
Spoiler: Finger Count (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2016, 12:27:02 pm »

Wicker is dried plant fibers! That's what I was proposing. I suppose the straw is pointless. Just make layers of fibers until you have a thick, hard shield.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2016, 12:38:53 pm »

We already know how to weave via nets using not just straw but vines, which can be considered flat / plant fibers. 

I am not sure how our leather hide tanning tech at this point, but I proposed, and worth looking into again:

My idea is having defense versus bow and arrow.
Propose:

Name: Thick Skin (armor: boiled leather)
Description: Animals skins cut to shape to our body using sharp rock, then put in water in pottery under fire make skin tough from sharp things.  Tie ropes on thick skin around body for protection.
Resources: Animals (Antler, Hairy Horn, Neigh) skin, water, pot, fire, rope.

Name: Hard Wood (armor: shield)
Description: Cut long sticks almost as tall as body, and as wide as body.  Tie sticks together with ropes, and Thick Skin, with extra rope to hold Hard Wood between me and other tribe's thrown sharp stick with String Things.
Resources: Sticks, Animals (Antler, Hairy Horn, Neigh) skin, water, pot, fire, rope.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15