Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Stone Age Design Game (War - Turn 9 - Design Phase)  (Read 28716 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Age Design Game (War - Turn 6 - Revision Phase)
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2016, 02:13:29 pm »

Animal skin: Tie together small ones with small gut rope. Make thicker ones

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2016, 03:35:59 pm »

Taming time, methinks
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2016, 03:00:13 am »

I propose we look to the stars, in order to foretell what the future might hold for our tribe.
Or perhaps as a means to discern directions. Or maybe just to pass time.

Name: Stargaze
Description: All one has to do is to stand, sit, or simply lie down on the ground on a clear night and look up.
Resources: Open terrain, the top of a hill achieves the most optimal results.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:03:22 am by Ultimuh »

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2016, 05:22:23 am »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2016, 12:23:30 pm »

Revison Results

Roars have been fully tamed.

War

Group of tribesmen go out to fight against Other Tribe.  Runners have Stick Throwers and Hit Things, and Riders have Pointy Sticks.  Roars run alongside Runners.  Group runs across Other Tribe near river.  Others use String Things and Chop Sticks to fight back.  Others have Snarls fighting with them.  Stick Throwers don't hit often, but allow Riders and Roars to surround Others and win.  Cannot yet tell where Others are coming from, due to often treading over same location.  Destroyed parts of something show rough terrain of area close to tribe using what looks like berries and crushed flower.  Most parts lost, including showing where tribe is. (Warscore: ??%)

Tribe

Many begin to stop calling tribe by name of 'Tribe'.  Instead start to call the tribe by animals that have been tamed.  Grows in favor to where Chief ordains that name of tribe is now 'Roarneigh'.

Spoiler: Your Tribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Tribe (click to show/hide)

Tools and weapons used by one side in a battle may be reverse engineered if the battle was victorious for your side.

Warscore will be revealed when your scouts have found enough of their tribe for you to know how well you are doing against their numbers.  The three options for how you can choose to end the war are based upon minimum score required for that option.  Surrender can be done at any time, but it means you lose the war for whichever reason it started.  To get a truce, the minimum score needs to be 40% in your favor.  For complete victory, the score needs to be above 90%.

Begin Design Phase
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:03:28 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Age Design Game (War - Turn 7 - Design Phase)
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2016, 02:03:56 pm »

Memory Holder
By coating a finger or a short stick with the dust of a dead pain light or certain types of clay, the user can make marks on a surface. By drawing pictures on a surface they can store memories, so that they don't have to fear forgetting. By carrying a set of big leaves, someone could carry these memories with them and even store new ones whilst exploring. This should help our scouts find more interesting places and the rest of Roarneigh in remembering these locations.
Resources used:
Pain Light/clay
Flat surfaces
finger/stick

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2016, 02:22:07 pm »

Memory Holder
By coating a finger or a short stick with the dust of a dead pain light or certain types of clay, the user can make marks on a surface. By drawing pictures on a surface they can store memories, so that they don't have to fear forgetting. By carrying a set of big leaves, someone could carry these memories with them and even store new ones whilst exploring. This should help our scouts find more interesting places and the rest of Roarneigh in remembering these locations.
Resources used:
Pain Light/clay
Flat surfaces
finger/stick
+1

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2016, 05:13:16 pm »

Hrmm... This or agriculture...

Zan, are we going to be fighting the same group forever, or can we win and go back to the generation-a-turn thing for a bit?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2016, 05:25:51 pm »

Ok then.. I guess I'll try again.

Description: All one has to do is to stand, sit, or simply lie down on the ground on a clear night and look up.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2016, 05:54:47 pm »

Ok then.. I guess I'll try again.

+1
We need something to engage the tribe's imagination so we're not a cultural swamp. Hell, I don't think we even have cave paintings. Besides, stargazing will be a nice distraction from war.

On another note, I propose a citizen of Roarneigh to be a Roarneighlian (Roar-nay-lee-en), plural Roarneighele (Roar-nay-el-ee), as in 'a posse of Roarneighele just kicked your butts, stupid-people-that-aren't-us!'

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2016, 06:31:00 pm »

Zan, are we going to be fighting the same group forever, or can we win and go back to the generation-a-turn thing for a bit?

After the war ends, it'll return to the old format.  It would take forever to progress through history if I were to keep this in an eternal war.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2016, 06:44:10 pm »

Allright, in that case I suggest we get writing stuff right now, and after we win we get things like farming and stargazing. Also, the many, many ways to preserve food, starting with drying and salting, then moving on to smoking.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2016, 10:20:20 am »

Memory Holder
Resources used:
Pain Light/clay
Flat surfaces
finger/stick
++

though maybe we could combine that with developing an early written language, thus:

Symbols for things
Define different symbols for different things.
Write memories down with them on any flat surface (preferably stones or flat pieces of wood) to never forget them and let other Roarneighele know about them by showing and not only telling.
Use pain light powder, clay, or berries and crushed flower like weak tribe.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:21:56 am by Asgarus »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2016, 01:25:46 pm »

Dank Weed
After rain, funny plants grow on logs or dirt.  Not berries.  Not like grass that neigh eat.  Not wood.  They are weed (mushrooms).  Feed to roars, roars act funny.  Feed to neighs, neigh act funny.  Eat it makes you fight nightmares and become brave.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2016, 09:40:05 am »

Oh, cool. I can't believe I didn't find this earlier.

Anyway, have an Index while I go figure out what I want to vote on.

Turn 0
Turn 1
Turn 2
Turn 3
Turn 4
Turn 5
Turn 6
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15