Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Stone Age Design Game (War - Turn 9 - Design Phase)  (Read 28697 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Age Design Game
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 07:26:30 pm »

Name: Hit Thing
Description: Sticks and stones may break your bones, but the Hit Thing definitely will. The latest invention by the famed innovator Uggmugg, this design is as simple as it is beautiful: a rock on the end of a stick tied together with vine wrapped around the two. Now you can hit things with the power of rocks and with the range of sticks.
Resources: Rock, stick, vine.
+1

Name: Sharp Bone
Description: A bone which has been sharpened by splintering the end against a rock
Resources: 1 larger bone, preferably a femur or such
+1

Name: Sharp Rock
Description: Sharpened rock good for cutting things. Made by rubbing and chipping the rock with other rocks.
Resources: Rock
+1
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 08:10:34 pm »

+1 Bone standard of measurement
+1 Hit Thing
+1 Sharp Rock
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 08:28:54 pm »

Name: Hit Thing
Description: Sticks and stones may break your bones, but the Hit Thing definitely will. The latest invention by the famed innovator Uggmugg, this design is as simple as it is beautiful: a rock on the end of a stick tied together with vine wrapped around the two. Now you can hit things with the power of rocks and with the range of sticks.
Resources: Rock, stick, vine.
+1

Name: Sharp Bone
Description: A bone which has been sharpened by splintering the end against a rock
Resources: 1 larger bone, preferably a femur or such
+1

Name: Sharp Rock
Description: Sharpened rock good for cutting things. Made by rubbing and chipping the rock with other rocks.
Resources: Rock
+1
+1

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 09:07:35 pm »

Hunters use Hit Thing to replace Big Stick and Sharp Rock to replace Rock. Some keep using Big Stick and Rock until their deaths.  Crazy Elder claims Big Stick and Sharp Rock ruining new Hunters. Creation was hard until the searchers manage to find large patch of vines for Hit Thing when exploring the forest.  Fishermen find that sharp rock can be used to remove outer stuff of fish to make fish taste better.  Bone system good for determining who brought back biggest kill.  Hairless Head has biggest kill for now.

Hunters report seeing large creatures with long hair along the neck and for tail, short hair everywhere else, and a long face moving into area from grasslands to north.  Chief names them Neighs, based upon noise.  Hunters have begun to run across two different creatures when hunting antlered beings.  One is medium sized with narrow face and medium hair across the body.  Chief names them Snarls based upon sound when approached.  Deep in forest is other.  Other is large with a wide face and curved ears, as well as spindly tail.  Grand Elder names them Roars, after creatures repeatedly make sound.

Spoiler: 'Nation' Profile (click to show/hide)

(Two minor questions.  First, should I keep up with the way I am putting a basic description of the animals and linking an image, or should I just use the name we use today, before writing what they are called by the Tribe?  Secondly, within the turn description, do you want me to keep writing the turns up in this form, or switch to using more formal language?  Things will naturally go towards the latter as things progress, though might pass through imperivm and ye olde styles during fitting times for a laugh.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:40:44 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 09:20:09 pm »

Well, we have the basic tools sorted out. Let's get some culture going up in here. I like the tribe's names for animals. I'm not bothered about the style - as long as it remains readable I'm happy.

Name: Woad
Description: Another fabulous creation by the notorious artist Uggmugg! Tired of boring old pelts and loincloths? Redefine fashion with woad. Using crushed leaves of the Yellow Thing That No-One Eat Flower, you can use it to paint your skin. Create exciting patterns, terrify your foes, excite your mates, satisfy your creative impulses.
Currently only available in Woad Blue©, new colors coming soon!
Resources: The Yellow Thing That No-One Eat Flower
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:21:42 pm by Fniff »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 09:53:01 pm »

Name:Pointy stick.
Description:A long stick that is three bones long with a sharpened rock tied on the end with vines,it can be thrown at anything running away or used to protect yourself from anything running to you,it should be used with the hit thing.
Resources:long stick,Sharp rock,Vines
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 10:01:15 pm »

Name: Sleep Hut
Description: A large hut made of Trees that is circular and has no floor covering.
Resources:Vines, Trees,

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 10:09:40 pm »

Description:A long stick that is three bones long with a sharpened rock tied on the end with vines,it can be thrown at anything running away or used to protect yourself from anything running to you,it should be used with the hit thing.
+1 Could replace the hit stick as a weapon, actually. Good for hunting fish too, but probably not for hammering things.

Description: A large hut made of Trees that is circular and has no floor covering.
+1

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2016, 10:34:09 pm »

+1 Could replace the hit stick as a weapon, actually. Good for hunting fish too, but probably not for hammering things.

+1
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2016, 11:42:16 pm »

I like the current way you're writing, Zanzetkuken.

Name: Chop Stick
Description: A big stick with a sharp rock stuck in it Celt-style. Vines also used for securing the head.
Resources: Vines, Big Stick, Sharp Rock

+1
+1
+1. We can use Chop Stick to get those logs for shelter.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 03:00:22 am »

This is adorable.

I love it and will watch over it protectively.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 03:18:10 am »

I suggest a slight reform of the Bone System.

Because as things are now, this system can be abused.
Because different bones are of different lengths.

I propose we use only bones equal to the size of a man's leg, in order to measure a standard unit of length.
However we could also use other sized bones in order to measure the length of smaller things.

So why not call the leg-sized ones Longbone, ie; "Boulder is three longbones wide!"
And the smaller units Smallbone, ie; "You no hunt today! You get one smallbone of meat. No more!"

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 10:13:52 am »

+1 to sleep hut
+1 to pointy stick
+1 to chop stick.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 11:55:30 am »

I suggest a slight reform of the Bone System.

Because as things are now, this system can be abused.
Because different bones are of different lengths.

I propose we use only bones equal to the size of a man's leg, in order to measure a standard unit of length.
However we could also use other sized bones in order to measure the length of smaller things.

So why not call the leg-sized ones Longbone, ie; "Boulder is three longbones wide!"
And the smaller units Smallbone, ie; "You no hunt today! You get one smallbone of meat. No more!"
+1 with an adjustment: smallbones should be half the length of a longbone. There should also be bigbones (the height of the tallest member of the tribe, Silkhair) and tinybone (Length of your index finger).

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 12:21:55 pm »

I like the way you have of describing animals. Very cute.

Name: Slingy thing
Description: A small rock is put into a bunch of vines tied together, whirled above the head to gain momentum, then released in the direction of the enemies.
Resources: Vines, rocks (ammunition)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15