Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Evil Goblin Embark  (Read 4493 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Evil Goblin Embark
« on: March 27, 2016, 09:50:30 pm »

Been trying to generate a world with a good evil site (the clouds that thrall people or raise undead or anything of that nature, but something good) very close to goblins so I can be sieged but i've either gotten sites far from goblins or sites with some stupid goop rain.  Anyone have a world they can give me?  I'd prefer it be somewhere with trees but honestly i'll make do with what you give.  Thanks.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Goblin Embark
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 01:13:22 am »

I don't have a game. But have you tried messing with advanced world gen parameters? You could set for there to be a ridiculous amount of evil biomes, which would increase your chance of finding one to your liking.

Also are you genning short worlds? Because I find that after 250 years or so, goblins can reach me pretty much anywhere.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 04:07:22 am »

https://mega.nz/#!qNwSzRxY!iZprFeUNlq1Wz60h3fBWzZzA2JzuADpbvt3OBThQozk

Here you are, my good man. The Stupid Jungles is a Terrifying biome with evil clouds that turn people into husks AND it also reanimates corpses. The Mirthful region to the north of it has unicorns. As a result, my fortress Tinwinds (still operational but retired here) had UNICORN HUSKS. Also the goblins live in the same region. Also there's hematite and marble.

Unfortunately I don't have a version of this world before I started playing. I think the NO TRADE signs with elves and humans are because their merchants got turned into husks. They still come though. Only 1 cavern layer for FPS.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:52:14 am »

Using Legends Mode you should be able to export the seeds from the save and thus use them to regenerate the same world from scratch, unless Trollhammaren has modified any files.

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 07:16:26 am »

Using Legends Mode you should be able to export the seeds from the save and thus use them to regenerate the same world from scratch, unless Trollhammaren has modified any files.
No mods here, not even a graphics pack. I did make two temporary raw edits during play, one was that I had to temporarily make dog skin melt after a reanimated dog head skin patch some fool sliced off would not die and over-exerted my entire military of hammer lords, another to make plump helmets give me some seeds I lost accidentally due to stockpile issues. Those two were reversed though.

Edit: actually no, that didn't happen yet. Forgot. This is a copy of my backup save from before modding plump helmets. I since played many years. So no mods, no dfhack, no graphics. And the unicorn husks haven't shown up yet, but they will if you play on the border of those two biomes.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:23:05 am by Trollhammaren »

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 09:50:19 am »

Thank you very much, and no, I haven't messed with advanced world.  Despite having played this for over 2 years, i'm really still a newbie.  I can run a fort, but have only taken my dwarves to the circus once, and lost everyone.  Thanks again, i'll let you know how it goes.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 10:05:17 am »

Toady has fixed goblin sieges now, so they are pretty keen to show up if you are within range... you just need to make sure that your goblin civ is thriving (or at least not dying).  I just fought off their first 10-goblin feint in my current fort, but the vile goo that pours down causes insta-bruising and hemorrhaging after a short while.  Honestly, it's more of a threat than the goblins.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 10:39:14 am »

Thank you very much, and no, I haven't messed with advanced world.  Despite having played this for over 2 years, i'm really still a newbie.  I can run a fort, but have only taken my dwarves to the circus once, and lost everyone.  Thanks again, i'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck! You asked at the perfect time. I've been playing this game on and off since 2011 I think, and the northeastern Stupid Jungles (you'd have to be to go there) is probably one of the most entertaining embarks I've ever created, specifically where it meets the Taupe Hills where I founded Tinwinds. Steel materials, clay, forest, all civilizations, unicorns and every threat imaginable. The only things I found myself missing were sand and kaolinite, but can't have everything in a 2x2 embark I guess.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 11:59:22 am »

Been trying to generate a world with a good evil site (the clouds that thrall people or raise undead or anything of that nature, but something good) very close to goblins so I can be sieged but i've either gotten sites far from goblins or sites with some stupid goop rain.  Anyone have a world they can give me?  I'd prefer it be somewhere with trees but honestly i'll make do with what you give.  Thanks.
These two may help you in your quest, or point you in the right direction, CaptainLambcake.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 12:02:33 pm »

Thank you vjek, i'm gonna look at them as well.  The one given to me by Trollhammaren is absolutely brutal.  Giant undead flies dominate my world clearly, and the merchants guards weren't even able to hold them off.  I got inside and now I have to get my dwarves to feed the horses by bringing them out every so often.  Absolutely brutal.  The thralling mist isn't a help :P

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 04:09:13 pm »

Troll, something's wrong with your saves where people won't plant crops, and no one will dump items that are on other z- levels.  No idea if you know what's up.  Only thing I can't plant is plump helmets, so something's broken with them, the dwarf will get the job 'Plant Seeds' but switch back to 'No Job' very quickly, they're able to plant everything else i've tested it. 

EDIT:  copied plump raws from different save and it fixed, but sadly the graphics are locked to whatever tileset you use, and trying to change it says it would corrupt the save
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:00:16 pm by CaptainLambcake »

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 10:46:48 pm »

Troll, something's wrong with your saves where people won't plant crops, and no one will dump items that are on other z- levels.  No idea if you know what's up.  Only thing I can't plant is plump helmets, so something's broken with them, the dwarf will get the job 'Plant Seeds' but switch back to 'No Job' very quickly, they're able to plant everything else i've tested it. 

EDIT:  copied plump raws from different save and it fixed, but sadly the graphics are locked to whatever tileset you use, and trying to change it says it would corrupt the save

Okay, that's weird. My apologies. I guess I didn't remember when I changed them correctly?

See, at one point, I desperately wanted some seeds I had destroyed (spelt, oat) so I changed plump helmets to produce various seeds instead of spawn when brewed, 'cause no traders could make it. I hate plump helmets, so never tried planting them again. I thought I reversed it but something must have gone wrong. Just replacing plant_standard should fix that, but yeah, sorry.

No tileset was used though, so that's just weird. Those were the only "mods".

Edit: maybe you should just replace the raws folder, cause I played vanilla df, so it shouldn't break anything, but I did the aforementioned by hand so who knows if I made a typo. Will do for my own save later too.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:25:36 pm by Trollhammaren »

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 08:46:32 am »

I'm gonna try to replace them, yeah, but it'll take some time.  Thank you. 

EDIT: Like I said, i'm dumb.  I copied raw from different save to the one you gave me and no more problems, so it's a very simple fix.  Thanks again, i'm currently using DFHack to hold the hordes of undead giant flies at bay until I feel i'm ready, sucks that I have to cheat but I LOVE the area and i've died maybe 30 times.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:50:11 am by CaptainLambcake »

Trollhammaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 09:06:39 am »

Let's compare notes when you're done. I personally ended up building a small tower there, with a dining room made of iron. Needless to say, many, many were killed.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:07 am »

Once I get my second wave i'm gonna cut off migrants for a bit until I have a fair military, then i'll stop using DFHack and re-open immigration.  Not gonna wait for full candy armor, probably just 3 -5 soldiers clad in iron, I want it fair.  I'll let you know when I fall to ruin though.
Pages: [1] 2