Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: ERRANT: Cleaning Agency  (Read 14101 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT: Cleaning Agency
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2016, 03:44:18 pm »

Todo list:

New players added - syvarris and chaotic skies

Tinfoiltophat & Playergamer - started, level 1
Egan & MidnightJaguar - started, level 1

lawastooshort - offered, level 0

Hawk132, Lawas, - Requested, level 1
Panceak, Azywng: - Requested, level 1

Looking for partners:
O Wilde,
Chaotic Skies
Lawastooshort

Am I missing anyone?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:49:19 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2016, 03:49:33 pm »

The Singapore Army had brass catchers... it sounds like a good idea in theory, but it's a brilliant way to really jam up your gun with gunpowder.

So?  We're not trying to win firefights, we're trying to take just one or maaaybe two shots before skeddadling.  Jamming shouldn't be an issue.  We're already at a disadvantage in any firefight, due to using takedown rifles.  Adding brass catchers won't make things too much worse.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2016, 03:55:34 pm »

Oh, cool, this is back.  I'm joining, but I want a few questions answered first:

1.Considering we're being offered silencers, we can get subsonic rounds, right?

2.Are we using the same hitpoints system as before, where humans have 100 hitpoints (multiplied by end), and bullets deal damage equal to joules divided by a hundred and rounded down?

3.If both of the above are true, can we get guns that are more lethal on a headshot?  The .22 HP does 2 damage when subsonic, so you'd need fifty shots, discounting crits.  Even the heaviest rifle we can buy does only 22 damage with subsonic HP ammo.  Crits can help, but even with the heaviest gun and the luckiest crits, you'd need two headshots to kill an end 0 target quickly, and quite a few more if they have high end.

1. The .22 LR goes slightly above mach1 speed. But it's still very quiet, even un-silenced. At very close ranges, the crack of the sonic boom isn't an issue.

2. Yub it's more or less the same hitpoint system.

3. .338 Lapua should do 22x2 damage on HP ammo. Crits help a lot. Hitpoints are not a complete replacement for chunky-salsa. Brain-dead from a single .22 round is still brain-dead. Maybe the body will take a while to die, or the target may become unconscious but recoverable. Crits are effective at incapacitating targets.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2016, 04:01:12 pm »

You can request mission parameters.

If you want to squeeze more people into a level 1, you can get a 1+ mission with slightly more complexity, and possibly multiple targets.

If appropriate, I might just offer you a level 2 mission involving high-profile targets, which are more fun to write up and plan. Also the money is greater.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2016, 04:49:33 pm »

Code: [Select]
Possibly. I wouldn't mind, but I don't know if Lawas won't.

Yeah I don't mind

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2016, 05:34:20 pm »

The Singapore Army had brass catchers... it sounds like a good idea in theory, but it's a brilliant way to really jam up your gun with gunpowder.

So?  We're not trying to win firefights, we're trying to take just one or maaaybe two shots before skeddadling.  Jamming shouldn't be an issue.  We're already at a disadvantage in any firefight, due to using takedown rifles.  Adding brass catchers won't make things too much worse.

They also go jingle jangle jingle. Which may be worse than having them on the floor.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2016, 08:53:40 pm »

For teams:
Hawk132, Lawas
Panceak, Azywng

Uruguay, Montevideo:

Police Sergeant Antonio Barros is a customs inspector in the port of Montevideo. Antonio has been costing the Colombian Mafia a lot of money in confiscated cocaine. He is a respectable well brought up middle-class man and father who will not be bought. Stakeholders in Uruguay's growing narcotics trade want him taken out.

The clients offer $50,000 for this mission. It is rated at level 1.5. (Possible complications include the entire Montevideo police force)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2016, 09:06:35 pm »

Again: If anyone wants to do a Level 1 mission with me, say something. Might do it on my own in a day or two though :)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2016, 09:54:28 pm »

Another mission offer for whoever wants it:

Christian Extremists in Cyprus have put up money for any private party to destroy the Arabahmet Mosque in Cyprus. The client's objective is to sow fear and terror into the local muslim population. Collateral damage is not an issue to the client.

The offer for this job is 100,000. It is rated at level 2.

(( I feel like a travel agency, so here are tourist fact pages:
https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Review-g190383-d5814150-Reviews-The_Arabahmet_Mosque-Nicosia_Nicosia_District.html
http://archnet.org/sites/4710/media_contents/50642 ))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2016, 10:24:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A super simple all-rounder, with one tiny 1+ in case of some firefights.
Speaking of, if any other people are going on that new Level 2 mission, I'll be tagging along.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2016, 10:26:23 pm »

For teams:
Hawk132, Lawas
Panceak, Azywng

Uruguay, Montevideo:

Police Sergeant Antonio Barros is a customs inspector in the port of Montevideo. Antonio has been costing the Colombian Mafia a lot of money in confiscated cocaine. He is a respectable well brought up middle-class man and father who will not be bought. Stakeholders in Uruguay's growing narcotics trade want him taken out.

The clients offer $50,000 for this mission. It is rated at level 1.5. (Possible complications include the entire Montevideo police force)

I'm willing to do this mission. Hopefully we won't have to deal with the complications of an entire police force though...

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2016, 10:45:18 pm »

I'd rather have done a less difficult mission with just the two of us, but this fine too.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2016, 11:26:32 pm »

I accept the  lv1.5 contract.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2016, 11:38:10 pm »

I'll accept the lv2 Contract with Dumbo
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2016, 12:40:16 am »

I accept the  lv1.5 contract.

I was going to say me too, but that'll be four of us and I don't know what I am doing in this line of work yet. AE, if it is easier for you, put me on this 1.5; otherwise I'll accept my 0...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7