Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: ERRANT: Cleaning Agency  (Read 14091 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT: Cleaning Agency
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2016, 10:59:46 pm »

Your Mission should you choose to accept it, is as follows:

You are being hired for a counter-assassination. The Chinese government has hired a local mob hitman named Ah Long to silence a Humanitarian activist named Ming Tai in Beijing. Your mission is to take out the hitman. The Safety of Ming Tai is not your direct concern, but there will be a bonus if he survives. Your actions will be just another move in The Game that will buy time for the powers that be to do whatever it is they want to do with Ming Tai.

You are offered a standard contract of $30,000. Half Upfront.
I accept.

Old thread edited to include playergamer and the new mission.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157198
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2016, 12:13:25 am »

I need a nap myself. Back in a bit, after I wake up.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2016, 01:55:42 am »

Could I take +1 Medical and -1 Melee please?

And accept the mission unless someone wants to team up, although hopefully this is a nice easy one for my non-snooty type person.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:56:13 am by lawastooshort »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2016, 01:58:14 am »

Quick question, AE, as an aspiring GM, how in the actual hell are you keeping track of all these numbers without going insane? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2016, 03:51:13 am »

If someone wouldn't mind John tagging along for their mission, I'd join that. Otherwise, just sign me up for a level 0. And for the sake of expediency - I'll accept the contract without any changes or trying for a new one.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2016, 05:14:33 am »

ack duble post.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:18:04 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2016, 05:17:04 am »

Quick question, AE, as an aspiring GM, how in the actual hell are you keeping track of all these numbers without going insane?

Have you read the book Gamemastering by Brian Jamison? It's in the public domain, and a very good place to start.

Some gamemasters see a spectrum between storytelling and mechanical gameplay that devolves into board-gaming. Piecewise's ER strikes a very good middle ground where the numbers are important, but he doesn't let it get in the way of epic storytelling. The roleplaying in the nationstates and starwars combine forums are more extreme left, where the mechanics are more arbitrary but storytelling is emphasized and character development is rewarded. Dungeons and Dragons and other crawlers would be extreme right examples. I'm not experienced enough with stories, but I am very strong with numbers, so I'm leaning to the right with the modified ER system.

As for how I can pile on variables and still think it's the most beautiful thing in the world: I'm an accountancy student. A good accountant can juggle hundreds of spreadsheets in their head without a computer. I can also tell you how to clean money in completely legal ways...

Also, I like simulating reality. It's easy to visualize and quantify. Most the numbers I plucked are real, but I can make some small changes for gameplay and !fun!.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2016, 05:32:02 am »

Hawk 132 if you want to join my level 0 then go ahead (we'll be poor) or if you prefer take a level 1 contract and I'll join it no questions asked. My character is not a fighter, mind, so consider if we're compatible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2016, 08:18:24 am »

Let's do a level 1 then. I'll try to carry us in combat.

AE, one level 1 contract for me and Lawas, please.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2016, 11:31:32 am »

If you level 0 people would want to team up to take on a level 1, it would be that much easier on me. The pay is also far more reasonable.
I accept my mission, but I'm more than willing to team up with someone else and take a level 1 mission, if anyone wants to team up with me?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:31:32 pm by Pancaek »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2016, 11:47:31 am »

Let's do a level 1 then. I'll try to carry us in combat.

AE, one level 1 contract for me and Lawas, please.

Do you think ya'll have room for one more?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2016, 11:51:06 am »

Possibly. I wouldn't mind, but I don't know if Lawas won't.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2016, 12:13:08 pm »

Psst, I'm still alone. We could team up if you want.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2016, 12:44:09 pm »

Oh, cool, this is back.  I'm joining, but I want a few questions answered first:

1.Considering we're being offered silencers, we can get subsonic rounds, right?

2.Are we using the same hitpoints system as before, where humans have 100 hitpoints (multiplied by end), and bullets deal damage equal to joules divided by a hundred and rounded down?

3.If both of the above are true, can we get guns that are more lethal on a headshot?  The .22 HP does 2 damage when subsonic, so you'd need fifty shots, discounting crits.  Even the heaviest rifle we can buy does only 22 damage with subsonic HP ammo.  Crits can help, but even with the heaviest gun and the luckiest crits, you'd need two headshots to kill an end 0 target quickly, and quite a few more if they have high end.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2016, 01:13:01 pm »

Psst, I'm still alone. We could team up if you want.
All right, I'm down for that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7