Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lets make a RPG Maker MV Game! Community Aided  (Read 3945 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets make a RPG Maker MV Game! Community Aided
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 04:55:02 pm »

Animating as in painting the animation frames? if you can import/export your animations, can't you just animate in the older RPGmaker and import those into the new one?
That's what I was about to ask. If you can't do that then surely there's someone who would be able to help you. I don't want to see this project die off due to some problems with animation...

No no no. You take the animation sheet... and you animate it. It is the part 2 I am having issue with, there are a lot of part 1s and part 1s online.

But I am particularly lousy with MVs animation (as opposed to say 2007s) and MV has several aspects to its animation it doesn't tell you such as how mirror works (surprisingly not just a mirror image of the attack).

Without a firm grasp on it, it takes a day to do singular animations as opposed to maybe the 30 minutes or less it should be.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:41:46 pm by Neonivek »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 12:52:41 pm »

My, has it really been so long since bay12 last had a go at something like this?

I don't check creative project often, but this is something that interests me.

I'll throw the old thread here, because it might be a good source for inspiration or something. That and I guess in case people from the last time find this and feel like importing their old stuff.  Bay12 RPG

As for actual technical help, I've probably got nothing. I've never really done anything with rpg maker, and the only person I know (and by "know" I mean I watch them on the internet sometimes) that animates things in rpg maker just seems to brute force it frame by frame somehow. Probably not the best way of doing things, but eh, if its stupid and it works it isn't stupid. If you want a link to a possibly semi helpful video I guess I'll link it?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 12:56:33 pm »

Honestly I would have thrown in my hat to try to complete that RPG... IF I had that edition of RPG Maker and wasn't trying to learn RPG maker MV.

I am getting better at animation, I am nothing special or anything but at least I am not dimly swinging in the dark anymore. but I can't do anything very complex.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 06:13:51 pm »

So when I am up and ready...

How about I have regular RPG Maker Streams where we can discuss the game and you get to see the incredibly long process of what it takes to actually make one of these games?

I am about halfway done my Test RPG.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 06:22:52 pm »

I would totally help with this if I had MV. But I have VX Ace which uses different sprites and faces so I'm limited to ideas.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 06:50:33 pm »

Streams might be neat, though I'm awful at being there at the right time.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 [2]