Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 151206 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Breeki British Brexit thread
« Reply #1575 on: June 28, 2016, 04:37:20 pm »

I think that the western world is having very few difficulties assimilating immigrants and people are exaggerating the exceptions.  I do not share your opinion.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 28, 2016, 04:38:31 pm »

Well, it depends. The EU force free movements of the people. But when the Leave Campaign put up signs about Turkey, that's just lying.
Turkey is years away for various reasons, but it's actively being worked on.  Cameron could have promised to veto their admittance, and he didn't - so it was fair game.

I think that the western world is having very few difficulties assimilating immigrants and people are exaggerating the exceptions.  I do not share your opinion.

Now I would like to "point out" to you that clearly your opinion is wrong because I say so and assume that the obvious rightness of my opinion is an objective reality.  I hope you can see that this is obviously correct.
I was just trying to convince you of something, I meant no disrespect.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 28, 2016, 04:39:51 pm »

Previously on 'Stupidity Carrousel: incompetence edition':

Racism After Brexit: Teenagers Hurl Abuse At American On Manchester Tram. Will this twat ever stop posting these incidents and just wait for the police figures to come out, the public wonders, even though things aren't looking good on that front either, if "The National Police Chief's Council has reported an increase of 57 percent in racially charged incidents since the referendum results came in last Friday." is any indication. Luckily for our terrorist muchachos, "Europol chief says Brexit would harm UK crime-fighting".

Meanwhile," 'Take back control': Sadiq Khan calls for more powers for London to protect capital after Brexit vote". Will the London Mayor vie for more autonomy as the country is in danger of crumbling harder than blueberry pie? Or will London face an unexpected economical upswing as the former banking business from the City is replaced by rows and rows of printing presses to export freshly printed Irish passports? 'Stop ordering Irish passports': Ireland's plea to Britons after Brexit vote certainly gives hope in that direction!

In maritime news, UK flexes military muscle in Gibraltar with nuke sub. The UK has sent one of its nuclear submarines to Gibraltar, which some analysts believe "was a clear message by London to Madrid that UK’s position on Gibraltar is not likely to change.", though sources close to this reporter assure it was just to deliver fresh crumpets for the local cricket clubs, and surely not a subtle provocation in times of political uncertainty.

Speaking of crumpets, some analysts predict there's a recession ahead, though the Bank of England could help to prevent (the worst of) this. "Either way, if current fiscal and monetary settings were left as they were the UK would fall into recession."

Historians are currently furiously debating whether Cameron will go into history as either the worst prime minister of the UK or the last one as "Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she will meet European Parliament leaders in Brussels on Wednesday to seek a way for Scotland to remain in the European Union". In similar news, "Scottish MEP receives standing ovation in European Parliament after passionate speech saying Scotland 'voted to remain' ".

An analysis from 'JohnnyW' on spacebattles.com on Camer-kun had this to say:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finally, in a stunning display of diplomancing during his speech to the EU parliament today, Nigel Farage said "I know that virtually none of you have ever done a proper job in your lives or worked in business or worked in trade or indeed ever created a job."

Some naysayers claim that antagonizing the very people you are to negotiate a tough deal with is a less than optimal move. Others however, say that it is perfectly reasonable for mr. Farage to do so since he's an typical 'opposition politician' who isn't actually planning on ever having to handle the hot potato he himself lighted the torch for.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:04:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 28, 2016, 04:40:40 pm »

Wait, my representatives...?
Are you saying I look bad because the republicans nominated Trump? :P  Sorry, I'm kinda confused.
A lot of people have trouble explaining why immigration needs to be controlled, I guess.  I dunno it seems kinda obvious though...
Controlled by the nation in question that is, not a foreign power.

-PETA: A animal rights group who is basically crazy and extreme in their world views... Yet whenever a news paper or media outlet needs "The animal rights viewpoint" they go to PETA giving the impression that animal rights activists have the same view as PETA.

-Trump: A bigoted and quite sexist man who created a political platform exciting very racist viewpoints that were factually incorrect, but has a sizable non-racist following. So if you voted for him for his OTHER views and ignored the racism, well OHH BOY is that not going to be what it looks like to anyone else.

Basically I am saying that it doesn't help that the Leavers are represented by people who do not represent them... in the worst of ways.

AND that immediately after the referendum the racists took to the streets and basically said the referendum was about racism.

So even the Leavers are saying they are racist...

Doesn't take place in America... this protest took place in Afghanistan in 2009

I don't blame you... people used this image to try to make it seem like it took place in the USA.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:45:00 pm by Neonivek »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 28, 2016, 04:41:22 pm »

I was just trying to convince you of something, I meant no disrespect.

You can go ahead and try.  Just dont beg the question...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 28, 2016, 04:49:07 pm »

Juncker is under pressure to resign, after his post-Brexit comments.

eh they do have a point in assigning some blame to the eu as an organization, even if it's unfair to lay all the burden of a situation brewing for a decade to the unlucky one happening to be in charge now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 28, 2016, 04:55:40 pm »

eh they do have a point in assigning some blame to the eu as an organization, even if it's unfair to lay all the burden of a situation brewing for a decade to the unlucky one happening to be in charge now

Honestly it is my belief that the reason the Prime Minister is leaving office is because even he knows being prime minister right now is career suicide.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 28, 2016, 04:57:10 pm »

But if he toughed it out he would have such a great job on the Davos circuit.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1583 on: June 28, 2016, 05:17:57 pm »

So... The Leavers were tricked into thinking they were creating migration policies that benefited their view of the UK but really there was never any intent of going through with it?
150 posts with not a single person from Britain posting or a single person who voted to Leave posting and conclusions are made in certain

wew

Do there exist any formal mechanisms to force Juncker's resignation?

Also in regards to the Corbyn vote of no confidence, Corbyn is trying to fight the party with the loyalty of public members and union support, and of note is that he can just ignore their vote - thus he only fails if he willingly resigns, at least for the time being. And I just started warming up to him right as his career comes tumbling down

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 28, 2016, 05:23:21 pm »

I dunno if his career has really come tumbling down. The same people who were always openly looking for an opportunity to stab him in the back have officially stabbed him in the back.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 28, 2016, 05:24:02 pm »

So... The Leavers were tricked into thinking they were creating migration policies that benefited their view of the UK but really there was never any intent of going through with it?
150 posts with not a single person from Britain posting or a single person who voted to Leave posting and conclusions are made in certain

Uhhh I am technically still a subject of the Queen :P

So I am a subject of Britain.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:25:55 pm by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 28, 2016, 05:38:28 pm »

It's good to see englanders still consider folks from NI to not be people :V

Pretty sure I've got the memory of those locations straight, anyway. Almost certain there's been at least two or three other UK folks commenting, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 28, 2016, 05:41:10 pm »

and I am just trying to understand the situation.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 28, 2016, 05:49:36 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 28, 2016, 05:57:22 pm »

... it's not? The exact opposite, actually. TD1's from NI, if my memory's not going completely haywire, and stated they were a leave voter right there. I'd consider them a person, but apparently the thread's creator doesn't :V

Coulda' pointed to Owl popping in too, I guess, at the least. That one's more got less room to quibble on the britain aspect, I think? They didn't vote leave, though well, at least from the EU, ahaha.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:00:31 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107