Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 151370 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Breeki British Brexit thread
« Reply #1365 on: June 27, 2016, 07:01:47 pm »

RIP Reason
June 27th, 2016 7:30 PM EST - June 27th, 2016 8:00 PM EST
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 27, 2016, 07:03:28 pm »

and so? how is that helping their country? pacify the place if you want to help.

how many refugees went back once their home conflict was resolved?

From what I can gather. Most... and in actually pretty high numbers oddly enough.

Even in a long conflict the number of refugees who wish to go back to their home country can be as high as in the 90s (and refugees don't necessarily get to stay once the conflict is resolved either. They have to go through immigration)

---

Honestly being a Canadian makes this whole conversation so dang alien to me.

Maybe Canada just has magical refugee and immigrant calming powers.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 27, 2016, 07:03:46 pm »

Europe has a moral obligation to help
and why is so? is the whole argument standing on feel-good morals?
What the hell? People are suffering en masse, coming to you for help, and you turn them away because it'd somewhat inconvenience you?
Well, as an American, I can say that we're turning them away because they hate the west and want to kill us.
And as another American, I can say that that's bullshit.
Tell that to Cologne.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 27, 2016, 07:08:09 pm »

Boo found out Canada needs to up its refugee acceptance numbers!

Anyhow. I think I'll retire from this for a little while until something happens.

Either race riots (it could happen) or the UK becomes independent... or I dunno... Parliament is bombed by terrorists who disguised themselves as refugees.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: June 27, 2016, 07:19:47 pm »

Europe has a moral obligation to help

and why is so? is the whole argument standing on feel-good morals?

If you were fleeing a war-torn country, traveled thousands of miles and risked to life and limb to do so, would you want someone to graciously offer to help you rebuild your life when you finally arrive?
Sure, but I wouldn't expect them to be gracious about it if I spent the whole time demanding they change their entire way of life to fit my religious beliefs while simultaneously demanding to be showered in cash just for showing up and maybe sexually assaulting their female family members while I'm at it.

If I did that, I would fully expect them to say "go ruin someone else's country"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1370 on: June 27, 2016, 07:22:55 pm »

Tell that to Cologne.
Poorly-integrated immigrants are poorly-integrated, who'd a thunk it

As far as anyone can tell, 99% of refugees are decent people. Women and children, too. Of course there are terrorists and extremists among them. There's terrorists and extremists among Western citizens as well. This is why we have police forces and the rule of law.

But if you're going to tell me that millions of people should suffer because of the actions of a few... I have nothing more to say.

Sure, but I wouldn't expect them to be gracious about it if I spent the whole time demanding they change their entire way of life to fit my religious beliefs while simultaneously demanding to be showered in cash just for showing up and maybe sexually assaulting their female family members while I'm at it.

If I did that, I would fully expect them to say "go ruin someone else's country"
Please don't use the arguments of regressive leftists against refugees, it's really disingenuous.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 27, 2016, 07:24:36 pm »

Well, as an American, I can say that we're turning them away because they hate the west and want to kill us.

Hm.

Well, let's say we isolate the entire population of Arkansas because they're meth dealers.

Or let's say that we disregard 17.6 million British voters (and possibly the state of Alabama as well, for a closer-to-home comparison) because they're racist, ill-informed and want the world to burn. Does that sound fair?

PPE: damn, beaten to it by OW.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 27, 2016, 07:27:12 pm »

Well, let's say we isolate the entire population of Arkansas because they're meth dealers.

Well...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 27, 2016, 07:27:20 pm »

99% of refugees are decent people

[citation needed]

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 27, 2016, 07:29:26 pm »

I am not saying all refugees are terrorists or rapists. But far, far too many are.

And anyway, why don't we just build refugee camps in the middle-east, instead of transporting these economic migrants all the way to the first-world?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: June 27, 2016, 07:30:50 pm »

Or it's a point of order? The EU wants to avoid Britain being in limbo as much as significantly more than Britain does.
There we go :V

It probably shouldn't be understated, some kind of half state was basically exactly what the leave campaign's politicians actually wanted, more than they wanted an actual leave vote. EU side of things is... pretty reasonable in saying fuck that, imo. UK gets screwed by it, of course, but well. As the saying goes, play stupid games, get stupid prizes, et al. You wrap your political maneuvererings around something that can drive your country and a couple dozen others into the dirt and with the intent for it not to happen, when it does happen, you get what you got.

70% turn is the highest voter turnout in years. Those who didn't even vote have no right to complain against a result they dislike.
The hell you say. I get to complain all I damn well please, thank you very much -- those ruddy results I dislike I didn't vote for has a bloody good chance of kicking off the recession that was waiting in the wings in my country. Complaining rights go to everyone in the UK that could or couldn't vote, everyone in the UK that can still talk, and everyone everywhere with even the most facile existence of frees speech laws, too.

Can say their complaints matter less, but they've got all the right to them in the world.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 27, 2016, 07:37:32 pm »

What the hell? People are suffering en masse, coming to you for help, and you turn them away because it'd somewhat inconvenience you?
And as another American, I can say that that's bullshit.
Tell that to Cologne.
Cologne* speaking here: You're full of shit. Most of the perpetrators of the New Year's attacks were North African men who were in Germany illegally, not as refugees. Please note that Syria is not a North African country, and Syrians actually are refugees in the true meaning** of the word.

*Well, Bonn, but that's basically just a suburb.
**As opposed to the 'brown people who haven't drowned in the Mediterranean' definition one sees so often.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 27, 2016, 07:39:36 pm »

Please don't use the arguments of regressive leftists against refugees, it's really disingenuous.
Yeah yeah, only my side isn't allowed to use strawmen.

To be perfectly honest I don't have all that much problem with refugees. My problem, as an American, is that the people in our government who want to let refugees in don't even want to enforce a simple background check. Not so much as a "have you taken part in terrorist summer camp?" question on a fucking checklist. Yeah, there are people suffering out there, but could we AT LEAST take SOME precautions against the assholes who want to use that to blow people up?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 27, 2016, 07:42:09 pm »

99% of refugees are decent people

[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_crime#United_Kingdom

from that link

"It was reported in 2007 that more than one-fifth of solved crimes in London was committed by immigrants. Around a third of all solved, reported sex offences and a half of all solved, reported frauds in the capital were carried out by non-British citizens"

so is it pro or against? and yet this has little to do with the syrian immigrants (all research presented is severely dated)
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107