Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 107

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 151330 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breeki British Brexit thread
« Reply #1305 on: June 27, 2016, 11:45:30 am »

Not been around for a while but this series of events make me want to rant a while. To avoid this have some amateur legal and political speculation as to what might happen next. I should go back an edit in some links but have wasted enough time on this for now.

Spoiler: The classic Brexit (click to show/hide)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 27, 2016, 11:50:32 am »

All I got from the last page was a passive aggressive seeming memo from the EU to the UK, and that we need to summon the ghost of Freddie Mercury so we can bind him to the Crown as a phylactery to empower the LichQueen so she can lead NuQueen on a whirlwind tour to set things right.
Don't forget The Quo!

Hey Nigel. You won by a narrow margin. Are you still calling for a second referendum? :P
Solves a lot of problems. He runs the campaign, he now loses, he shuts up.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 27, 2016, 12:10:15 pm »

You're assuming that Farage is capable of shutting up. This does not coincide with all experimental observations to date.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 27, 2016, 02:16:58 pm »

Apparently there's a net uptick in Brits demanding Belgian nationality here, with a couple Brit-heavy town hall having to add more staff to deal with the paperwork.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 27, 2016, 02:29:38 pm »

EU speeds integration on the continent in Britain's absence. Calls for common security, foreign, and migration policy, as well as accelerated economic convergence.

The actual document.

Edit: They also refuse to engage in informal talks before invoking article 50. Seems they're going with the "Punish the British for leaving" route.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:32:15 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 27, 2016, 02:33:57 pm »

Oh wow. The UK got hit with the first ever two notch credit downgrade that S&P has handed to a sovereign nation. I guess they didn't hesitate much to kick that AAA rating in the metaphorical reproductive organs.

Well, if it wasn't historic before, it definitely is now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 27, 2016, 02:44:03 pm »

EU speeds integration on the continent in Britain's absence. Calls for common security, foreign, and migration policy, as well as accelerated economic convergence.

The actual document.

Edit: They also refuse to engage in informal talks before invoking article 50. Seems they're going with the "Punish the British for leaving" route.

I hope it's just the stick and the carrot will come later. it'd be dumb not to take advantage of the situation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 27, 2016, 02:58:45 pm »

Far as I've been able to tell, it's mostly just to stop the UK from doing some kind of bullshit indefinite limbo thing. Stance the EU seems to be taking is that they'll talk when article 50 is formally initiated, or they'll talk when the referendum is overturned one way or another and the UK has formally declared they're not leaving, but nothing in between.

I can only guess someone over there was kinda' pissed at the UK intending to use, well... what's happening... as their own stick in negotiations. Looks a line's being drawn, to either put up or screw off with that bullshit, y'know?

... to be honest, just after typing that I noticed the parallel between this and the USA default jousting. It's almost like the EU is playing the role of democrats that grew bigger balls >_>

E: "Oh, you want to bring economic ruin on all of us if you don't get what you want?" goes the EU, "Well alright then, y'bastards. Let's dance."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:06:26 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 27, 2016, 03:30:58 pm »

... to be honest, just after typing that I noticed the parallel between this and the USA default jousting. It's almost like the EU is playing the role of democrats that grew bigger balls >_>

E: "Oh, you want to bring economic ruin on all of us if you don't get what you want?" goes the EU, "Well alright then, y'bastards. Let's dance."

It's not really comparable. The UK is far older than the EU, and joined it of their own free will back when it was nothing more than a trade organization, and with an established way out. The majority of Britons, as we've seen from the referendum, don't want to be part of the political union it's becoming, but political bodies fight to preserve themselves. The EU (though they aren't the only cause) has deliberately done damage to scare eurosceptics in other countries back in line to preserve their positions, and maybe even bring the UK back in without their previous extras.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 27, 2016, 03:38:52 pm »

Seems like the Google Trends spike of "What is the EU?" after the referendum was around ~1000 people. i'd say that there's a higher chance it was young brits who didn't even vote rather than older ones who had.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 27, 2016, 03:42:48 pm »

Just seen on another forum that the "bregret" petition was actually started by a Brexiter, before the vote, wanting to make an inconclusive Remain vote cause for a rerun. Now he's whining that it's been 'hijacked' by the Remainers, to the tune of three million or more signatures (not including several thousand known fake ones, now removed).

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 27, 2016, 03:45:01 pm »

the several thousand fakes ones include around 25K votes from North korea. i'd say the fakes are probably far more than that.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 27, 2016, 03:46:46 pm »

You know... I'd still would want her as Queen over her Successors.

Like... you might be an immortal abomination... but at least you aren't Prince Charles.

At least the former has the advantage of being immortal.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 27, 2016, 03:48:32 pm »

the several thousand fakes ones include around 25K votes from North korea. i'd say the fakes are probably far more than that.
Current count is 3,867,790...

Ok, so it's not 17 million, but it's funny.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 27, 2016, 04:07:19 pm »

We don't know the extent of the fakes. it could be 100K, it could 1M and it could be 3M. once it had been shown to be easily swayed using scripts, it is no longer valid.

Not to mention anyone can vote. heck, i just tested it and voted and i am not even European, yet the petition thinks i live in a random postcode i picked out of a london post codes map. is anyone living in Fenham Road, Peckham, London? say hello to your new best immigrant friend.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 107