Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 107

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 151619 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alex Jones exposes globalist inability to perform simple addition.
Naw, Alex is in league with Cameron!
Spoiler: Proof (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

65% is a landslide in this kind of vote. I'm guessing Remain with maybe a 1-2% margin. If it's Leave with a similar margin, I think Westminster might overturn it.
I suspect that if there's a tiny margin like that, whoever loses is going to scream fraud, voters being unfairly influenced etc.
It'd be pretty ballsy for someone to try pulling off voting fraud

Jeeez, I'll need to go through your latest fishery posts again to show you where you're wrong. Will do that late, but just to be clear, you agree that your early point about the european boats getting access to the 12 nm of British territorial water being the cause of the collapse of the British industry is shite, right?
This post is prolly most relevant to you

I'm pretty sure he still thinks the EU is to blame as far back as the 70s and that it's the EU fault the UK gave dirty johny foreigner fishing rights.  Oh, but I haven't been understanding him.
Goodness gracious mainiac, tone down the Salon snark. If I can refrain from mentioning lolbertarians, you can act with restraint too :P

On a related note, my hopes for this thread is that if we are to discuss facts, then when we make statements asserting facts, that we provide sources for these claims. This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I've seen it occur frequently amongst many posters where this has happened, or where people have called sources variations of bogus or misleading for reasons without any evidence.
If we are to discuss opinions then my second hope is that it is to understand each others viewpoints, and not seek to create hostile tribes of self-affirming clans that accept opinions as facts.
My third hope is that if the former two goals are unachievable on Bay12, then at least the conversation can be sincere and civil.

I should look forward to tomorrow, not just for the culmination of so much work from every camp, but largely because trying to keep a thread together on such a hot issue requires immense patience and dedication spent on one thread that I shall be glad to abandon xD

Speaking of which, I will not be posting or monitoring this thread much if at all tomorrow (for obvious reasons), but I'll keep it unlocked as even at its worst, I've only seen a lot of baitposting without actual flaming ITT and that was just for a day. With that in mind, upon my brief departure - please try your best to not kill this thread for the next two days, as results will be known early morning Friday and I would like to change the OP title to reflect the referendum result before the thread dies due to high salinity/low activity.

Also in an amusing case of this thread being a microcosm of reality, the final debate was mostly both campaigns calling each other liars, scaremongers and haters.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I suspect that if there's a tiny margin like that, whoever loses is going to scream fraud, voters being unfairly influenced etc.

Which is why for a referendum this important you probably require a certain margin of victory before you can safely do something as far-reaching as a Brexit (which seems like the "fuck it, pull out PULL OUT" option compared to the seemingly slightly lesser potential for violent disaster of Brexin), and why it's not entirely unreasonable to say that a narrow margin isn't necessarily binding. One or two percent seems like it's very solidly in the margin of error. It's kind of like how votes for declaring independence or secession work if I recall correctly. You don't want to go into an important decision with a half-and-half base.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Delivering the papers this morning, I notice every single one in the shop said 'LEAVE' or 'REMAIN' on the front cover. Rather interesting to look at which one was which.
thincake

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

lolbertarians

I believe you meant to say neoliberlols
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

lolbertarians
I believe you meant to say neoliberlols
It'd be kinda funny to see it all degenerate
neololberlols
neololbolols
nolobolols
lololololols

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Someone had this to say about Brexit on my FB page, which I find apt:

Brexit is like a middle-aged man leaving his long term partner because he thinks he's going to shag lots of younger women, then he finds out they don't fancy him and he hasn't got the energy to keep up with them and he ends up alone jerking off in a bedsit.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

He just needs to employ r/theredpill like all other Brexit voters.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

So you want the UK to leave so Europe can get SEXY?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Someone had this to say about Brexit on my FB page, which I find apt:

Brexit is like a middle-aged man leaving his long term partner because he thinks he's going to shag lots of younger women, then he finds out they don't fancy him and he hasn't got the energy to keep up with them and he ends up alone jerking off in a bedsit.
So basically Brexit is like its voters? :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm just gonna leave this here
Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown was dubbed "mysterious and moody" on the Mumsnet forum, while London Major Boris Johnson is seen as "fun."   Many mothers revealed they would rather have a night of passion with Ed's brother David Miliband. One user, The Travelling Lemon, who listed several favourites, pointed out: "David Cameron is a bit too arrogant to be generous in the bedroom, if you see what I mean."  One fanciful mum said: "I can vividly imagine Ed Miliband handcuffed to a radiator."  One of the favourite Labour MPs was Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls. A member calling herself Queen Mools wrote: "Ed Balls is a sexy beast!" while another added: "Ed Balls. He looks capable. And meaty." She wrote: "George Osborne would be fumbling around like a virgin on prom night. Tony Blair would probably want to look in a mirror. "Nick Clegg would be eager to please, but it would be over very quickly."  Other suggestions included 74-year-old Ken Clarke; "charming" John Major; and "pretty attractive" Andy Burnham. Overall American President Barack Obama beat all British politicians, receiving 22 votes. Nick Clegg came second, suggesting he still has sex appeal despite his policies losing popularity. Gordon Brown came third.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

"I can vividly imagine Ed Miliband handcuffed to a radiator."
In lieu of Brexit or Bremain, can the rest of the world just vote for genocide?

Overall American President Barack Obama beat all British politicians, receiving 22 votes
Implications unpleasant.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I wonder how well Corbyn would rank. Make BritainSexy Again!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I'm just gonna leave this here
Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown was dubbed "mysterious and moody" on the Mumsnet forum, while London Major Boris Johnson is seen as "fun."   Many mothers revealed they would rather have a night of passion with Ed's brother David Miliband. One user, The Travelling Lemon, who listed several favourites, pointed out: "David Cameron is a bit too arrogant to be generous in the bedroom, if you see what I mean."  One fanciful mum said: "I can vividly imagine Ed Miliband handcuffed to a radiator."  One of the favourite Labour MPs was Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls. A member calling herself Queen Mools wrote: "Ed Balls is a sexy beast!" while another added: "Ed Balls. He looks capable. And meaty." She wrote: "George Osborne would be fumbling around like a virgin on prom night. Tony Blair would probably want to look in a mirror. "Nick Clegg would be eager to please, but it would be over very quickly."  Other suggestions included 74-year-old Ken Clarke; "charming" John Major; and "pretty attractive" Andy Burnham. Overall American President Barack Obama beat all British politicians, receiving 22 votes. Nick Clegg came second, suggesting he still has sex appeal despite his policies losing popularity. Gordon Brown came third.
Britwives got jungle fever...

I'm gonna guess 52% Remain, 48% Leave.

Alternately, the Leave camp wins, but then a couple of years down the road when the terms of the actual Brexit are negotiated with the EU member-states, they'll be so godawful for England that either Westminster nixes the whole thing, or they put it to another referendum, which votes to scrap the idea and stay in the EU. In the meantime, Scotland will have used the specter of imminent Brexit to stage their own 2nd referendum, which results in a resounding "Sod off, ye Sachsen poofs" result.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

I say 50-50, like in Austria. Then a narrow victory for Stay, because the people in charge of counting realize what damage a razor-thin Leave victory would do.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 107