Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 107

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 151383 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Breeki British Brexit thread
« Reply #1290 on: June 27, 2016, 10:41:15 am »

If the goal is stability, it kinda make sense to demand a higher threshold for disturbing the statu quo. I'd expect the anti-EU to keep on campaigning though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 27, 2016, 10:43:45 am »

Does it actually make sense to require a majority in a non-binding referendum? Technically cabinet could still ignore the referendum result if they actually had the guts to.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 27, 2016, 11:02:40 am »

The "non-binding" is technically true, but in practice, too many people in UK political sphere have said that they'll adhere to the results of this referendum to backtrack now.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 27, 2016, 11:06:28 am »

Once Pig "David Cameron" Fucker declared it a democratic mandate and announced a future resignation it became ingrained, rejecting the referendum now would be...unwise. On the bright side, it would provide a justification for making The Purge: Long Live The Queen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 27, 2016, 11:10:01 am »

Calling it now. The queen is going to die soon.

It is the only way this situation could become worse outside Nigel becoming Prime Minister.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 27, 2016, 11:10:56 am »

She won't die, it'll just come out that she's an immortal abomination wearing the flesh of a human.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 27, 2016, 11:14:04 am »

She won't die, it'll just come out that she's an immortal abomination wearing the flesh of a human.

You know... I'd still would want her as Queen over her Successors.

Like... you might be an immortal abomination... but at least you aren't Prince Charles.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 27, 2016, 11:14:39 am »

Yeah I'm not saying it'd be a wise political move or that he should, just that requiring a majority only makes sense if you're making it binding in the 1st place. Otherwise you're saying it's the non-binding will of the people but only if it's the non-binding will of a certain % of the majority... you know?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 27, 2016, 11:17:47 am »

Now, I'm thinking. Is there something that force the UK to have the Queen's successors after her deat? Can't you just keep your mummified queen?

Wobbly: It'd be symbolic, but still.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 27, 2016, 11:18:34 am »

Now, I'm thinking. Is there something that force the UK to have the Queen's successors after her deat? Can't you just keep your mummified queen?

Wobbly: It'd be symbolic, but still.

Maybe we could just have a hologram of the Queen... as the Queen.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 27, 2016, 11:22:17 am »

They'll hand over power to the surviving members of Queen.
I, for one, welcome your fabulous rock overlords.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 27, 2016, 11:23:19 am »

They'll hand over power to the surviving members of Queen.
I, for one, welcome your fabulous rock overlords.

STILL a better idea then her current successors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 27, 2016, 11:23:43 am »

And if we voted to Remain at 52-48, would you be happy about that and accept the result? Or listen to calls for another referendum?
Yes because it's the status quo. Of course the Leave campaign would not be and they'd try again, we know that for a fact.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 27, 2016, 11:27:15 am »

And if we voted to Remain at 52-48, would you be happy about that and accept the result? Or listen to calls for another referendum?
Yes because it's the status quo. Of course the Leave campaign would not be and they'd try again, we know that for a fact.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Hey Nigel. You won by a narrow margin. Are you still calling for a second referendum? :P

Part of me wants a second referendum if only because EVERYONE would vote... but at the same time it is likely people would change their minds on leaving if they did that. (a big reason why Nigel wouldn't want a second referendum)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:36:14 am by Neonivek »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 27, 2016, 11:40:23 am »

All I got from the last page was a passive aggressive seeming memo from the EU to the UK, and that we need to summon the ghost of Freddie Mercury so we can bind him to the Crown as a phylactery to empower the LichQueen so she can lead NuQueen on a whirlwind tour to set things right.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 107