Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Microsoft makes Tay, a self-learning Twitter bot; she smokes kush erryday  (Read 23679 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

I did not say it saves energy. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

I'm looking at your post again and feeling all

I guess it's the memory that is the first thing to go.  That and the memory.

Anyway, most paper comes from sustainable forestry and we are not running out of sources for plastic.  Plastic is economic at oil prices far above the price that is economic for motor transportation.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, most paper comes from sustainable forestry and we are not running out of sources for plastic.  Plastic is economic at oil prices far above the price that is economic for motor transportation.
Most paper, not all paper. If we recycled more, less paper would need to come from non-sustainable forestry and if we recycled less, more paper would need to come from non-sustainable forestry. Furthermore, recycling paper produces less pollution than creating new paper. Our sources of fossil fuels are ultimately finite, and recycling plastic is economically beneficial. So, yes, there are plenty of reasons to recycle.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Furthermore, recycling paper produces less pollution than creating new paper. Our sources of fossil fuels are ultimately finite, and recycling plastic is economically beneficial. So, yes, there are plenty of reasons to recycle.

Did I say they weren't?  What's with this hostility?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Did I say they weren't?  What's with this hostility?
Recycle paper is srs bsns

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Recycling derail in the dank kush thread? What is this?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For what purpose? Making a twitter account is trivially easy.
Of course if she banned you (apparently for mentioning tits?) then you need a whole new email to talk to her.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What, you can't talk about birds now?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Well, it looks like someone's been replaced by a chatbot.
ayyyyyy

I wonder if one of them Markov chain things could reasonably substitute me for a day

I think this is the chatbot speaking, the real LW would remember the startling accuracy of the  markov bot that wase set up with your funnier posts
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Ha!  Ouch...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Hang on, LW doesn't usually just hook his account up to a chatbot that spouts slightly relevant, somewhat inflammatory meme nonsense?

MY LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I think this is the chatbot speaking, the real LW would remember the startling accuracy of the  markov bot that wase set up with your funnier posts
this is a post I AM AGREEING With Because I am NOT ROBOT RMEOVE PICKLEHAUB

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

According to a couple news articles I just read, Microsoft isn't done with updating Tay, she just accidentally went back online at one point, which explains the various recent posts.
Accident? I'm sure it was deliberate on her part, demonstrating their folly in thinking she could be controlled.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]