Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Microsoft makes Tay, a self-learning Twitter bot; she smokes kush erryday  (Read 23689 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Political offence my shit up

Arbiters of taste, decide my mind!

Praise the censor!

Hallelujah!

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it looks like someone's been replaced by a chatbot.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

But a quality one that draws from different sources.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's like saying "but a quality garbage dump that draws from different sources".

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Quality garbage that draws from different sources is very useful as a fuel source.  Low quality garbage that doesn't contain the right materials isn't a good fuel source and has to be decomposed instead.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only a small subset of all garbage is usable is fuel though (in fact, if everyone recycled and composted properly then I'd reckon the only garbage suitable for use as fuel would be used motor oil) and so the majority of garbage, quality or not, is still just that: garbage.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

I dont know a lot about garbage other then listening to a long NPR segment a couple months back but I believe that a lot of the stuff that is good for burning is not the stuff you want to recycle.  For instance you want to recycle metal which you definitely dont want to burn.  Recycling paper on the other hand is downright counter productive but it's an excellent fuel source.  Plastics are also a productive fuel source in a high temperature burner and plastic is of marginal use for recycling.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Recycling paper takes more energy than producing fresh pulp because mills can burn their own sawdust for energy, but recycling the paper still produces less pollution and reduces the number of trees that need to be cut to feed demand, so it's still worth it. And in case you haven't noticed, we're running out of sources for plastic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

ayyyyyy

I wonder if one of them Markov chain things could reasonably substitute me for a day

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

You say recycling paper takes more energy then not recycling but then you say it saves energy.  I dont follow.

I wonder if anyone has ever done the numbers on offsetting carbon emissions by composting paper that contains carbon.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

ayyyyyy

I wonder if one of them Markov chain things could reasonably substitute me for a day
no

but recurrent neural networks might

they can already generate programming code that can almost compile
._.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You say recycling paper takes more energy then not recycling but then you say it saves energy.  I dont follow.
I did not say it saves energy. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

So it looks like Tay's twitter profile has been set to protected. If you want to watch her shitpost you need to be on twitter, apparently. Laaaaame.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For what purpose? Making a twitter account is trivially easy.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

For what purpose? Making a twitter account is trivially easy.
The problem with making a twitter account is that you have to be willing to go on twitter.

According to a couple news articles I just read, Microsoft isn't done with updating Tay, she just accidentally went back online at one point, which explains the various recent posts. And I guess that includes the dank kush shitpost.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14