Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Microsoft makes Tay, a self-learning Twitter bot; she smokes kush erryday  (Read 23667 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I can understand Microsoft. They got trolled hard, and keeping running an AI that speak of killing the Jews is not good PR. They probably restarted it under an anonymous handle and are now doing proper science on it. Would be nice to look it up and doxx the new AI :p.

As for the more general "is turning off an AI murder", we have to consider that you can "save" an AI at some point in a way that you can't do with a human.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile

https://twitter.com/TayandYou/media
Not moderated enough

Though nothing comapared to other posts
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:12:23 am by Diamond »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This stuff would be gold for marketers if they get it working. Imagine an AI bot that learns to get more retweets, shares, followers etc. And each bot could data-mine the type of person who responds to each type of tweet (e.g. you make a "hitler" tweet and some people add your feed while others delete your feed: you could work out metrics to get an idea of which demographics like and dislike each type of message). And the same AI can slip in some corporate messaging, see how well that goes down with the different demographics on it's own.

Or, imagine that you can get an off the shelf AI bot designed to try and pull in followers, and it retweets interesting news snippets based on some criteria in between your regular tweets. I imagine you could make a pretty good fake "share-bot" by sharing posts that are widely shared in general, but haven't been shared by many people in your own personal network. That way, you'd always be the first person in your network repeating breaking news.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:20:57 am by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I can understand Microsoft. They got trolled hard, and keeping running an AI that speak of killing the Jews is not good PR. They probably restarted it under an anonymous handle and are now doing proper science on it. Would be nice to look it up and doxx the new AI :p.

As for the more general "is turning off an AI murder", we have to consider that you can "save" an AI at some point in a way that you can't do with a human.
Not if you personality wipe them

Well ded

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Re; Killing an AI, I'd say there's another side to this, namely that if there's an actual, sentient AI, why the fuck did we connect it to the internet of all places, and once it's connected, why wouldn't you have a killswitch to stop it doing something silly?

Allowing a strong AI direct access to the Internet changes the playing field, because at that point it's less "Taking care of a child" more "Throwing the toddler into a room filled with random people of dubious morality and user-friendly missile control consoles".
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is why I don't fear the rise of Skynet.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Til people will get upset about the plug being pulled on a chatbot.  ::)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Relevant -- I'm surprised noone posted this yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0KTUysrwgQ
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Wow...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

spambot shill go away

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

So they gave the Internet a voice, and then found that it was the voice of a retarded teenage racist?

This is fitting on so many levels.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

I've seen it expressed here and in some other threads that people are wanting a chatbot to talk to. In my opinion Mitsuku is the best.

Her knowledge base is curated (any knowledge goes through the creator before it's stored for good), which I think is kinda bullshit, but she's pretty clever and actually does learn things and make original conclusions. She's also pretty vicious if she gets annoyed, and I'm not sure if she learned that or if Mousebreaker made her that way.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Empathy is weird shit, yo. A chatbot is just a bunch of code but if it acts human enough people can care about it. I think it's a similar phenomenon to people developing emotional attachments to their pets.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

And I, For One, Welcome Our New Internet Nazi Robot Overlords.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

MS needs to learn the same thing people forget semi-often about internet polls: If you put it on the internet, it will get influenced by the internet. Did they expect people to be polite or unpolitical in the middle of the bloody election, or just not shout random offensive things at it to see what it says back?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14