Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should i continue the big story of Ghardanos?

Hell no.
- 0 (0%)
Heck yeah!
- 2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fantasy Generator (Story generator)  (Read 6096 times)

maartenww

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcDatAshe
    • View Profile
Fantasy Generator (Story generator)
« on: March 24, 2016, 05:01:16 pm »

Hey guys i've come up with an idea: Fantasy Generator

i'll explain how it works:
So the way it works is you give me all your information about a fallen fortress, But then everything that happened in the legends mode e.g (The titan "Ghostur" Died at 178 by the dwarf "Urist" The titan killed "UristMcMcMc" in 177 in the rampage of "...").
Then i will write a story of the events and deaths and whatever happened in that world. And you can tell me what you think when it's done. I 'll post the stories on this topic for everyone to see
i make stories 1 at a time btw i prefer the legends in my private messages also there will be a :
"-TAKING NO REQUESTS ATM-" (When i am not taking requests)
(I actully am taking requests now ;))

Btw if you want a sample of how i write, one scroll down i made one. Just to get an impression of how i work. (I will keep posting stories on this thread just for practice and fun i actully started a big one on the second page you should check it out!)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:56:55 am by maartenww »

maartenww

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcDatAshe
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Generator
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 10:46:04 am »

Bump

Teirdalin

• Bay Watcher
  • It'd be nice if I'd stop getting distracted.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:44:22 pm »

I'll keep this in mind when my skeleton fortress falls somehow.
Insert Witty Signature Here.

maartenww

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcDatAshe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 11:10:07 am »

Please guys i really want to start making a story

maartenww

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcDatAshe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 02:33:38 pm »

Ok so one of my fortresses just died so i'm, going to give you a sample of how i write my stories hope you enjoy! ;)

It's hematite 126.

In the beutiful lands of Gharnor 7 Dwarves embarked on a journey in hope to find succes and settlement, "Učo" one of the dwarves
was observing the gorgues trees, while riding with the wagon. Days go by and "Glupko" one of the dwarves sighted a huge mountain with a lake next to it. The dwarves Thought by themselves that this was the place they would finally settle and they all agreed. Months go by and walls have been constructed right by the mountain. The miners were still digging out rooms for our dwarves to sleep, And they decided to dig deep down to hopefully find caverns rich with minerals and gems. "Ljutko" was aggresively swinging his pickaxe against the rocks when finally he found a cave. hundreds of small bats blinded him shortly making him panic and as the bats passed him, flying through the fortress Ljutko was amazed by the cavern he found. He went back up to tell his fellow dwarfs, but to his surprise and horror everyone was dead becuase of one mutant bat.

The end

So what do you guys think? do you want to read more of these kind of stories? i would love to write more and ofcourse it will be longer :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 07:15:14 am by maartenww »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 03:14:10 pm »

Ok so one of my fortresses just died so i'm, going to give you a sample of how i write my stories hope you enjoy! ;)

It's hematite 126.

In the beutiful lands of Gharnor 7 Dwarves embarked on a journey in hope to find succes and settlement, "Učo"
was observing the gorgues trees, while riding with the wagon. Days go by and "Glupko" one of the dwarves sighted a huge mountain with a lake next to it. The dwarves Thought by themselves that this was the place they would finally settle and they all agreed. Months go by and walls have been constructed right by the mountain. The miners were still digging out rooms for our dwarves to sleep, And they decided to dig deep down to hopefully find caverns rich with minerals and gems. "Ljutko" was aggresively swinging his pickaxe against the rocks when finally he found a cave. hundreds of small bats blinded him shortly making him panic and as the bats passed him and flied through the fortress Ljutko was amazed by the cavern he found, He went back up to tell his fellow dwarfs, but to his surprise and horror everyone was dead becuase of 1 giant bat.

The end

So what do you guys think? do you want to read more of these kind of stories? i would love to write more and ofcourse it will be longer :)

I like short stories, and they are good practice to re-write.  Here's my first draft for your consideration.

The sweet-smelling of the orchard makes the mouths of the dwarves water in these lands of Gharnor for the fruit wine it can provide.  The long journey over the mountains by the seven founders has completed when settling next to a lake.  Glupko, the expedition leader dubs this outpost, “Učo.”

Spring progresses with construction of walls against the mountain entrance despite the lack of proper sleeping quarters.  This mountain is rich and promises of vast wealth from the early signs of minerals and gems fueled a lust for digging deeper upon Ljutko the miner.

With everyone asleep, Ljutko ventured forth alone deeper into the mountain, and with his  mighty swings of his pickaxe, stones yield in his wake.  He unexpectedly uncovered a cave, and continued on until he was blinded by a rush of foul stench, rodent shrieks, flappings of leathery wings, and bodies of bats by the hundreds it seemed.  Ljutko stumbled and cowered in fear until the flock of the undermountain fled up to the surface, towards the outpost.

Ljutko regained composure and was awestruck by the vast cavern he discovered, so he went back to bring good tidings to his fellow founders.  Alas, Ljutko came upon the outpost with everyone slain.  A murderous massacre has come upon his sleeping companions, and blood splatters up the constructed walls and out onto the trees.

Ljutko followed the blood trail up on an ancient apple-custard tree.  A pair of yellow eyes stares back at him, its head upside down, and he notes that it is the largest bat he had ever seen.  Ljutko, the miner, was frozen in fear at this sight of the giant bat, as it lunges to bite his face.

The end
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:17:33 pm by Sanctume »

maartenww

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcDatAshe
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Generator (Story generator)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 03:20:03 pm »

Wow you're a great writer i can learn from this! One thing was wrong though the outpost was not called Uko that was just a dwarfs name watching the trees
I will also continue to post stories of my own fortresses but that might take a while becuase, i just started a fortress and i won't let it fall this time, As of the many fails i had recently with my embarks
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:23:48 pm by maartenww »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 03:34:13 pm »

You can probably move your thread to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=14.0

I learn and practice there, and enjoy it too.

maartenww

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcDatAshe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 03:35:07 pm »

How do i move my thread?

maartenww

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcDatAshe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 02:53:17 pm »

Bump

noirscape

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonic disaster
    • View Profile
    • noirscape.dev
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 03:13:37 pm »

How do i move my thread?

Report to moderator and for the reason ask the thread to be moved. (At least that is the way it works on most forums I visit.)
don't take the above seriously. This is actually a pretty helpful group of people. Welcome to the insane asylum.

*Urist McEnlightened has been found dead, Enlightenment aneurysm.*

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 04:56:04 am »

Actually you can move a thread without a Moderator. There should be a blue Move button in the bottom left of the page.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

maartenww

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcDatAshe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 08:45:42 am »

Alright peeps

i got another story for you to read! hope you like ;)

In the year 126, Seven brave dwarves wander in the terrifying forests of Üko.
Despite the danger they arrive and embark next to a exceptionally high mountain.

Days go by and walls are being constructed. Mining has not began yet.

As the final wall is finished 9 kobold thieves run away despite they were outnumbered and stronger.
They stole almost the whole food supply leaving us in despair and starvation.

Winter is upon us and no one has drank or ate for weeks
we decide to kill off our cats just for the meat

It's nearly the end of winter 1 dwarf died of starvation and soon the rest will too
but then a wave of migrants arrive

Finally winter is over and the river has melted leaving our dwarves running to it with their last energy.

Sleeping quarters have been mined out and suddenly a wereelephant shows up killing almost everyone alive
one makes it out: Grash Gyst

as Grash punches the creature in the eye everything goes black
and he wakes up in heaven.

The end

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 10:01:48 am »

this looks interaeting!!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

maartenww

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcDatAshe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 10:27:32 am »

Intereating?

EDIT: i think you ment interesting, if so thanks :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:33:54 am by maartenww »
Pages: [1] 2