Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 3  (Read 10175 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Sign Up Now [3 / 8]
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 04:00:44 pm »

What sort of balancing rules are in effect on the powers? What's the maximum power level, for example. If we do multiple abilities does that just mean each one will be scaled down accordingly?

Also, making a sheet.

Spoiler: Nice (Nisa) Williams (click to show/hide)

Eh, the power is not all that inspired, I guess.
I'd prefer some level of balance here. If you're a Dabbling Immortal, for example, things aren't quite fair for everyone else. A Dabbling World Destroyer will be dealing with some really harsh GMing backlash.

Basically, I'm not here to stop fun. If you want to be a Dabbling Particle Mover, I'm up for that. Just be willing to deal with the consequences of a [1] or a [6]. Or worse, a [0]. You can be strong or weak or whatever you want, but the harder you try to break your character, the worse it'll be for you when you fail.

But, I like roleplaying, so if you can keep it entertaining, then the show keeps going.

Hmm? I was under the impression that it was fairly tame. The ability to cause a light breeze (at level 1) doesn't come across to me as a particularly dangerous ability to have, it's just a subset of telekinesis that I thought would be interesting.
Ah, no, that was more of a generic answer. Your abilities are fine! It's more of the case that if you try to, you know, demolecularize everything in your path... One day, things might just turn against you. The warning signs will be there.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Sign Up Now [4 / 8]
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 05:10:26 pm »

Spoiler: Mr Kobosh (click to show/hide)

edit:
I wondered if I could have a racial penalty and bonus such as -1 to rolls to do with strength, but +1 to rolls involving being small?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:12:01 pm by lawastooshort »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Sign Up Now [3 / 8]
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 06:34:37 pm »

Ah, no, that was more of a generic answer. Your abilities are fine! It's more of the case that if you try to, you know, demolecularize everything in your path... One day, things might just turn against you. The warning signs will be there.

Ah, I kind of started to figure that out. Well, looking forward to this. Thanks.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Sign Up Now [4 / 8]
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:25 pm »

Spoiler: Mr Kobosh (click to show/hide)

edit:
I wondered if I could have a racial penalty and bonus such as -1 to rolls to do with strength, but +1 to rolls involving being small?
Hmmm... I'll agree, so long as the +1 only applies to one of the following:
-First dodge in a turn.
OR
-Anything else involving being small as an action.

You can take your pick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Sign Up Now [5 / 8]
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 10:48:12 pm »

Also, I'll be rolling out Turn 0 this weekend, regardless of the number of participates that are filled.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 03:12:23 am »

Looks like a fun game, hope I get in.

Spoiler: Nayous (click to show/hide)
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 03:14:58 am »

Jeezus, everyone's got such op powers and here I am, all I can do is make people think they're a chicken  :P
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 03:22:59 am »

Don't underestimate what people who think they are chickens can do you'll save the world chickenman I know you will.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 03:48:29 am »

Thanks - I'll take the +1 to first dodge unless I can think of something more appropriate before it's required :)

That or sneaking and hiding seems most IC.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 10:19:47 am »

Skills: Three "Dabbling" level

Martial Arts/inhuman strength and speed: These are listed together because their are few circumstances that they would be used separately. To be able to make good use of a superhuman body Nayous would have to be a fine martial artist, during his time perfecting his virus he also took it upon himself to become a fine martial artist. This skill refers to actions taken in melee combat to dodge or avoid attacks, to attack, to leverage his massive strength to, say, remove a steel door or to resist damage say a gun wound.

Special Operative: Nayous was trained to fight B.O.W.s using conventional tactics and weapons. This skill refers to combat with guns, munitions and preforming secret agent type tasks.

Bio-medical Researcher: Nayous has experience as an bio-medical academic. This skill refers to actions involving computers, analyzing samples of B.O.W.s or preforming medical care.
I am going to list this as:

Dabbling Martial Artist
Dabbling Special Operative
Dabbling Bio-Medical Researcher

You won't get intrinsic bonuses to dodge melee attacks, unless you are directly trying to do so as an action using your Martial Arts (Or you're willing to sacrifice somewhere else. I'm up for negotiations.) You also are not likely to get a gun bonus from that as well, nor a bonus to computer usage, unless your gun usage was used in a special ops way or the computer in a way to research or use bio-medicine. If this is unacceptable, you are free to change it before the next Turn.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Sign Up Now [6 / 8]
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 10:27:58 am »

Turn 0

“Where’s the rest of the recruits?!” Demands your superior officer, looking especially at Mr. Kobosh.

A nearby man in a lab coat answers. “It appears that HR is having a field day with Recruitment right now. R&D and Marketing are blaming some external [LUCK]--” before he’s cut off.

“Look son, I didn’t ask for your life story. Just get these men--and, er, lady and robot thing--ready for battle!” Your superior officer walks off, leaving you with the man.

His face goes from confusion to internal conflict to decision. He turns around, sending the tails of his lab coat flying outward, before marching off towards the Deployment.

“My name is Dr. Querty. No relation to the keyboard.” He chuckles to himself. “I’m sure most of you have no idea what you’re doing, but that’s alright. I’ll explain now. We’ll be teleporting you to a remote location. Where exactly is Over The Top Secret. You will retrieve the artifact using one of these” He holds up a small device, shaped like a remote control with an antenna. He points it at LasL0w, making the device BEEP loudly. “If it BEEPs, then you’ve found the Artifact. Well, an Artifact. If not, then you’re out of luck. Or batteries, these things run out incredibly fast.”

The group reaches the Deployment Lab door. It reminds you something of a vault door, except with severe warnings for attempting to access improperly. The doctor scans his Keycard. The door swings open and they all enter. It shuts quickly behind them. In front of them are three doors, one on the left, one on the right, and one in the center. They enter the center door.

On the left and right sides of the room are huge glass windows, revealing what you assume are the other door’s contents. Lab computers and scientists are both working at max speed. In the middle of the room, lying on the floor, is a five meter circle. It looks vaguely like blood. Somebody asks if it’s blood.

The doctor hesitates for a second and says “No?” This satisfies your curiosity.

He points you toward a table of the devices he showed you, tells you to grab one, and then instructs you to stand inside the circle. You all do so. He reminds you that no other objects may be taken with you.

“Now, you’re about to be teleported to your destination. If you see any fire, brimstone, or odd-looking demonic figures, this is normal. These are, uh, hallucinations that happen during quantum teleportation.”

A countdown begins, and Dr. Querty rushes into one of the side rooms. His voice is suddenly heard over the speakers:

Helleporter activating in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… What in the h--

Suddenly, everything changes. Every sense seems to fire off random information. You can feel yourselves moving but completely stationary. Everything you see are different shades of black, ultraviolet, and gamma rays. You hear someone asking for your soul in exchange for a sandwich briefly.

And just as suddenly, you find yourselves in a forest clearing. It’s night time, and you can see the moon, completely full, shining brightly in the sky overhead. To the north is a short path to what you assume is probably the compound. You notice that you’re completely drenched in some sort of liquid slime, but other than that, you seem fine.

Well.. now what do you do?

Players:
NRDL - Nix [Codename: Mesmer-Eyes]
Spoiler: Status: Normal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero - NON ARTIFACT-5067-LasL0w [Codename: Optimus Mime]

Powder Miner - Harry Hudson [Codename: Houdini]

_DivideByZero_ - Nice Williams [Codename: Miss Aim]

lawastooshort - Kobosh Kobosh [Codename: Security Risk]

WunderKatze - Nayous [Codename: Dr. Death]

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose Your Fate: Roll To Dodge - Turn 0 [6 / 8 Players]
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2016, 10:46:42 am »

LasL0w looks at the others silently before walking over to  Nice Williams and he makes a extremely... Strange mechanical sound almost like something's being started or booted up.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2016, 01:23:15 pm »

"I'm assuming no one came here with plans on how were going to do this."

"We could reconnoiter. Find a suitable point of entry."

"...Or try the front door? Maybe?"

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2016, 01:24:48 pm »

LasL0w nods  at your suggestions giving you a light thumbs up before poking your forehead.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2016, 04:21:55 pm »

Kobosh looks quickly around to make sure the party does not seem to be observed. If not, he rolls about on the floor for a few seconds to remove some of the slime.

"Right. Let's go then, if no one else thought to bring a map either?"

Sniff the air and try to see if I smell the direction of the artifact.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6