Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fables of a Forgotten Land: A steampunk-fantasy RPG. [5/5] Game Thread.  (Read 1812 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fables of a Forgotten Land: A steampunk-fantasy RPG. [5/5] Game Thread.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 03:05:34 pm »

"You may call me Kruzt Grulberh. Kruzt is fine. Or Grulberh. Call me however you wish. Now, shall we proceed? We don't have all day."
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 12:05:34 am »

Diora had been working on the mercenary scene for a while, but what she didn't expect was a note delivered to her room in the inn. She had thought that they usually go on boards.

Still, work is work. She was relieved when she arrived that, judging by the size of the others, this was likely not going to be a quasilegal caper.

"As much as I like to know all you people, Mixter Grulberh here is right. Oh, and I'm Dr. Diora Celsus. I stop people from dying in pain. Sometimes they survive, too." the suricate bounded ahead on all fours. It's not like her body was designed for bipedal motion, anyways.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 12:55:05 am »

"You may call me Kruzt Grulberh. Kruzt is fine. Or Grulberh. Call me however you wish. Now, shall we proceed? We don't have all day."
"I was unaware that there was a time constraint."
"As much as I like to know all you people, Mixter Grulberh here is right. Oh, and I'm Dr. Diora Celsus. I stop people from dying in pain. Sometimes they survive, too." the suricate bounded ahead on all fours. It's not like her body was designed for bipedal motion, anyways.
"Let us hope your skills are superfluous today, Doctor."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:04:05 am by My Name is Immaterial »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 02:28:55 am »

You all walk through the gate, uncertain about what possibly lies ahead. The figure speaks, in a raspy, hissing voice. "Thissssss way.... pleassssse....."
He turns a corner, and opens a large oak door, the size of a table, almost. Those of you who aren't quite so enraptured by the majestic qualities of the door would notice an elegantly-decorated banquet room, with a large table in the centre, holding a lavish feast. At the table sit a group of most-likely dead skeletons.
"Ahh, yesss..... Ssssssorry about thosssse....... I alwaysssss forget to clean up the messssssssessssssss of thesssssse adventuresssss....." The man says as he brushes the skeletons off the seats, and they crumble into dust. Well, all but one, who remains at the head of the table for some unknown reason.

"Pleassssse..... Have a ssssssseat.... You musssssst be famissssssshed..... Eat, drink, make yoursssssselvessssss at home....."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 03:04:38 am »

"Ah, there's nothing like the scent of bonemeal and creepy skeletons to boost one's appetite."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 05:06:39 am »

Bjorn sits down next to the man (or as close as can be).
"They're just the dead. I'd like to give them something more than being dust on the floor, but it cannot always be helped."
Black lives matter.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 05:15:14 am »

Grulberh decides to stick closer to the healer -- Diora was her name, right? He didn't quite catch her name, but a doctor's presence could make or break a situation, and he had to ensure that the Doctor would be well-defended.

At least as far as he was concerned anyway; he couldn't measure the abilities of these fellow party members without being able to see them in combat.

So he sits closer to her, and prepares the small knife for easier access so he'd be able to stab anyone in one stroke should things come to it.

"I'd be a bit more wary if I were you, guys. I don't like this situation one bit."

He leans closer to Diora, tilts the corner of his hat as a gesture of greeting, and tells her to "stay close."
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 09:44:25 am »

"If we were in any danger, the five of us could more than easily overpower one lone man," Bjorn states, much too cheerfully.
"We should not pass up such an opportunity on mere suspicion."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 10:57:07 pm »

The baggy robed humanoid who has to this point not uttered a word speaks. Short and concise.

"Incorrect. Potential Magi. High Potential Threat Rating. Potential Force Multiplier. Potentially Toxic Sustenance. Consumption not recommended."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 11:09:00 pm »

"I sense potential is an important keyword."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 11:12:40 pm »

"Potentially."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 11:13:33 pm »

"Of course.
In any case, it would be rude of me to refuse such a generous host. You all may do as you will but I am staying."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 11:18:16 pm »

"We will observe."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 12:22:31 am »

"Is it customary for people to invite strangers over and poison them to death around here? Either way, I have antidotes here, so I'm gonna help myself. Besides, Mr. Ex Are You can avenge me if I die horribly." Diora helped herself to a small portion. "Mmmh, delicious lethal poisoned food, made by the most malevolent of chefs. Ten out of then, would be randomly murderered again." She knew she was laying it on a bit thick, but paranoid people are fun to tease.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 12:29:38 am »

"Antidotes constructed for specific toxins. Vast variety to choose from. Limited storage space. Antidotes do not undo damage. Prevent additional harm only."

"In addition. Improper sustenance present for this biology. Uninterested in consumption."
Pages: 1 [2] 3