Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fables of a Forgotten Land: A steampunk-fantasy RPG. [5/5] Game Thread.  (Read 1808 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

As you and the rest of your party await outside the rusted gate into the mansion, a small, shriveled old man approaches you from somewhere. Where exactly, you don't know, but he appears. He speaks to you in some unknown language, before walking into a bush and disappearing again. Weird. As the old man leaves, a hooded figure opens the gate, not speaking, but motioning for you to approach.

OOC Thread.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Grulberh was "hired" to do investigatory work of the mansion. Called upon by a peculiar mail only signed by a particular "-D", the note contained what was an encoded message intended for the recipient solely, which threatened his very existence in the mercenary guild he was working for.

Most intriguing was the lack of a return address and a large amount of funds enclosed in the mail. Someone certainly wanted me to take this quite-possibly dangerous job, he reflects.

After the short amount of time recollecting his thoughts, he proceeds ahead of his party towards the gate.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Ki received a message in the form of a note on the body of food. The note probably wasn't intended for Ki and instead for the aforementioned food, but Ki was curious so Ki showed up anyways.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

(Bump, because I'm back from holiday.)
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

As the others around him waited for the gate to open, Bjorn briefly wondered how convenient it seemed that he would receive such an appropriate invitation the day he decided to leave home for this very purpose. Very, very convenient.

When they swung open he silently stepped forward with the figure.
Black lives matter.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

XRU had had the flyer deposited on his mat of goods in a nearby market. It seemed like better pay than tinkering, so XRU  is standing here. He extends a hand and says "Greetings. Are you here to investigate the manor also?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bear briefly looks the robot over and accepts its hand.
His voice is, as expected, deep and gruff.
"I am, yes. Who are you?"
Black lives matter.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

XRu gives the bear a firm handshake. "I am Smith of Speelerpoint, D25XRU. And who are you?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Bjorn Kolber. I am a smith as well. A pleasure to meet you, D25."
Black lives matter.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A pleasure, Bjorn, but D25 is my model number. My unique identifying serial code is XRU."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:24:59 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fables of a Forgotten Land: A steampunk-fantasy RPG. [5/5] Game Thread.
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »

"Ah, I see. Forgive me, I don't have very much experience with constructs."
Black lives matter.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 02:26:35 pm »

XRU states, matter of factly, "Few do, I have observed." He presents his hand to the rest of the group to shake.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 02:33:49 pm »

Bjorn nods. Probably rather common.
Black lives matter.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 02:43:18 pm »

"An open hand does not lead to warm friendships", Grulberh remarks. "It's a custom for me not to shake hands of anyone but my clients. A nod will have to do, construct."

Grulberh coldly brushes aside the robot's attempts at camaraderie, and makes it appear as if he is in no mood to introduce himself, but the distrust on his face for constructs betray his behavior.

Having once encountered a construct suddenly turn against him due to a particular trigger installed has lead him to be very distrustful of group activities, especially ones that involve a construct in it. His right arm, albeit not visible, still bears the scars and dents of a gruesome battle with one such machine.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 03:03:14 pm »

XRU gives a nod in the direction of the heavily clothed figure. "And do you have a name?"
Pages: [1] 2 3