Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Veil of Memories [Remake] (dead)  (Read 10975 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Veil of Memories [Remake]
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 11:37:20 pm »

Alright, I can't think of anything good right now. What about an ensign, instead of a captain? It's like, several orders of magnitude crappier than a captain, but still technically an officer. It's worse than a lieutenant. It's the most comedic rank.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 11:54:32 pm »

Alright, I can't think of anything good right now. What about an ensign, instead of a captain? It's like, several orders of magnitude crappier than a captain, but still technically an officer. It's worse than a lieutenant. It's the most comedic rank.
It's just a 50-odd man militia of mostly volunteers, not a cohesive military force... you might be overthinking this, here. There's definitely a Captain and at least one or two men he trusts as his lieutenants, but it's not formal.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 12:59:08 am »

Oookay, so I was off a few orders of magnitude.
I wanted to be the villain :(

I'll switch the power with something more practical sometime later.
Edited power: He can read the stars and the moon for events which have transpired under the night. He can also see perfectly under starlight, and possibly see things he wouldn't normally be able to see if he is successful, such as a man walking on the other side of a hill.

Also, a backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:43:33 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 04:08:41 am »

So my character's okay?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 09:20:35 am »

sheet ready for 2nd evaluation
Spoiler: Leanne (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:24:59 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 10:20:24 am »

So my character's okay?
As long as you're sure that's what you want, I don't see too much of a problem with it. I do hope you realize that consorting with the undead is bound to spark some fear in the town, though.
Oookay, so I was off a few orders of magnitude.
I wanted to be the villain :(

I'll switch the power with something more practical sometime later.
Edited power: He can read the stars and the moon for events which have transpired under the night. He can also see perfectly under starlight, and possibly see things he wouldn't normally be able to see if he is successful, such as a man walking on the other side of a hill.

Also, a backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's considerably better, yes. I can definitely see how a power like that might work in the Veil, since nightfall and the stars colors a lot of thoughts and memories differently than sunlight. You'd probably get bonuses to checking for information in the Veil if it somehow relates to the night -- assuming your beginning ability roll actually works out for you.

Adding in a character of your own to support your backstory also works out fine, as that gives me quite a bit to work with, particularly with what you've got in mind. So yeah, this interests me. ^^
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:27:33 am by Xvareon »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 10:24:36 am »

Yes, I'm quite sure. I designed my character to not be the most likable, and creepy.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 10:57:05 am »

t post your preferred character here, like so:
Name:Karin and Kaze
Race:parasitic symbiote attached to a human
Appearance karin:She wears long flowing robes that are a light earthy green they cover her entire body except for her head she has a healthy glowing complexion glowing white teeth and her hair is strawberry blond and reaches to her Lower back,her eyes are pitch black except for a....clearly inhuman bright red pupil in her right eye her body under the cloak is a gory mess holes littered throughout her body not even bleeding and she dosent even notice if one were to look at her spine they would notice it is bigger then normal.
Kaze appearance:kaze is a long white snake that has burrowed into Karin's nervous system and replaced her spine it's mouth is a myriad of teeth that are designed to burrow through flesh it's eyes are a bright red and They are what you see in Karin's pupil.(because it's kinda boring for me if I don't have particular character traits to include in my posts, leading me to assume a lot.)
Occupation:She is a noble scholar from a very important noble house in the area
Kazes proffesion:Symbiote parasite.
Starting position:The local morgue you see Karin is supposed to be very dead and in exchange for a body kaze has brought her life(Let me know if you've got a specific part of town or surrounding area you'd like to start the game in, and I'll do my best to work you in. If you'd rather not choose, I'll just roll a d6 and let that decide your positioning.)
Primary power/ability:Death is so pathetic: Kaze can reassemble and regenerate any damage dealt and as long as Kaze does not die he can bring Karin back and vice versa. (Pick 1 (I will roll for this))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 01:20:48 pm »

First draft complete, ready for GM review.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 01:34:23 pm »

Too strong? Ok, how about the power to inflcit select targets with nightmarish hallucinations?
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 01:37:26 pm »

Too strong? Ok, how about the power to inflcit select targets with nightmarish hallucinations?
That could be a Very Effective Synergy with my Power If we both make it in...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 01:38:16 pm »

First draft complete, ready for GM review.
The ability synergy

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 01:55:12 pm »

Mine okay?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 04:40:06 pm »

sheet ready for initial evaluation
Spoiler: Leanne (click to show/hide)
Your backstory is good, the rest seems good... but the primary power... it's a bit too specific. Don't forget, I'm going to roll for these powers using a d6 die, so you may not get exactly what you hope for anyway, or you may get way more than you hoped for (but with obvious quirks or caveats). So, things like precise times or percentages should be left out when you select one. Here's what I got from reading your description:

Swap Forms: At will, you may "copy" the likeness of a person or creature by focusing intently on them for a turn, and then "paste" that likeness onto yourself or someone/something else. Sustained physical contact with the subject confers a +1 bonus to your "copy" roll. "Pasting" manifests itself as an illusion in the eyes of whoever beholds your target, who normally cannot tell the true likeness on a mere passing glance.

That would probably be the result of a 5 (Epic Success) on your ability roll. Complete physical mutation on the scale you were suggesting, to actually change oneself to look like another, is definitely possible, but knowing how to do that to yourself and knowing how to do that to someone else -- let alone both at the same time -- are two completely different things.
Oh, definitely. You're describing a mind-affecting power, which the Veil already promotes. All you'd really need to do is surface-scan someone's memories for whatever makes them afraid, then insert hallucinations of that into their mind.
Mine okay?
..... Whoa. A parasitic snake that replaced a woman's spine...? Um, I guess that can work, so long as you aren't planning to jump into another host to try and cheat the system.

Anyway, regeneration. Yeah, definitely possible, since you could will your own body to heal faster... buuut... at the rate you're suggesting, and the implied ability to dodge death? Your character would likely not start off at that level. If you died early on, you're dead. Still, you could start out knowing the basics of healing cuts on yourself, then take that a step further if you like. Maybe branch it out to heal your allies, too.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:56:26 pm by Xvareon »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 04:42:00 pm »

Your backstory is good, the rest seems good... but the primary power... it's a bit too specific. Don't forget, I'm going to roll for these powers using a d6, so you may not get exactly what you hope for anyway, or you may get way more than you hoped for (but with obvious quirks or caveats). So, things like precise times or percentages should be left out when you select one. Here's what I got from reading your description:
Ah, mind if I ask about mine?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6