Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [OOC] (Interactive Waitlist 4-6/9+) The Great Clan: A People in Exile  (Read 10985 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] (Recruiting! 7/9+) The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2016, 09:07:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wrote one up for Kenika, so you can keep the same MoS if you put me in.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2016, 09:25:31 pm »

Oh no.

Save me, plot device!
Don't worry my character is mainly interested in you because we share the same God and trade and polity work closely together... My character MIGHT not like guys.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2016, 09:31:16 pm »

((Furiously jabs with spear)) Back! Back!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2016, 10:04:47 pm »

((Furiously jabs with spear)) Back! Back!
Geez I'm more likely to romance an NPC and this character is more chill then anything.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2016, 10:08:38 pm »

[spoiler]Name: Atian Drakieng
Clan: Truthseekers
Appearance: Standing a bit taller than average height he has a tattoo of his family's elbem a blue eyed elephant head with red tusks on his upper arm, his black hair is shaved on both sides leaving only the center part is short, he is rather thin but his body has been kept in shape from running and sparring, his eyes are dark brown almost like there black, he wears the fur of a wolf around his upper body and cotton pants. Atian carries with him a copper spear and bow strapped to his back
Position: Master of Scouts
Patron Deity: Begnar, the Reaver
Bio: Atian was born with strong legs unlike most Truthseekers. He could outrun anyone in his clan and joined the fleetfoots at the age of 15 quickly rising through the ranks and making lots of friends who supported him and got him to where he is now, his goal was becoming master of scouts but before he could the Empire attacked causing him to go to the new world while on the ship his sister died from illness. He found himself chosen as the new Master of Scouts and now his journey begins...

Body:2
Agility:3
Intelligence:3
Charisma:3
Intuition:4
Spirit:3
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:04:59 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2016, 10:11:52 pm »

Who's do you think he will accept for master of scouts?

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2016, 09:27:07 am »

Hm! Three new applicants? That's a nice surprise!

Since Atian was the first to call the position when the game started, and the first of the three to ask for a position, I believe it fair to give him the place as Master of Scouts. However, I believe there is some flaw with your stat distribution. If you are Truthseeker, you'd have 3 is Wind stats (1(base)+2(clan)=3). Also, Master of Scouts bestows 3 and 2 into Spirit stats, so you could not have 2 Spirit. Not sure how you got 4 Agility... Here, follow this guide:

Concise guide for distribution:
1. You have 1 in every stat (Base).
2. You gain 2 points in both of your clan's respected stats (Body/Agility(Blood) for Battleborn, Intelligence/Charisma(Wind) for Truthseekers, Intuition/Spirit(Spirit) for Wanderers)
3. You gain 3 and 2 points in your position’s respected stats. If you are not on the ring, you get 2 and 1 instead.
4. You gain 2 and 1 points in whatever category you choose. (Blood, Wind, or Spirit pairs)
5. The GM consults the stars to see what your potential yields. 
N. Stats cap at 5.

@Coolrune: I'm not sure what angle you're going for, but I like it. Approved. Wait for my cue to enter the game.

@Playergamer: While I like your sheet, I'll have to give Atian priority in this case. But, as KingMurdoc said, you can be a part of the game still. The reason why the title says '9+' is that you can take a 'lesser' position in the clan as an influential clanfolk. You'll have 2 and 1 in stats instead of 3 and 2 for position, and you can't join discussions with the ring, but you are allowed to interact with clan-wide events (and private scheming via PM), and you can choose pretty much any type of caste of the clan to join.

I planned to include these 'Influential Clanfolk' as a way to waitlist people more interactively. You'll have less impact on the political aspects, but you might be able to scoop up a position in the event someone dies/retires. If you're still interested, check the demographics doc listed in the OP to see the different castes. You could be anything: a famous athlete, a cunning hunter, a master craftsman, a magician... Just not part of the ring's bevy (unless they allow it).
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] (Interactive Waitlist 9/9+) The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2016, 09:59:31 am »

@Silcugar: Another question!

What our are choices in regards to wandering into others people plotlines? Can I go and help Leon with the squid thing if I wanted to?

Or would that be too confusing? Or do all these events happen at the same time anyway?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:21 pm »

I like how everyone around me is panicking about this spirit possession deal going on, and my guy has no fucking clue that he's about to in all probability get smashed.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2016, 07:28:33 pm »

Question: how much say do I have on the organization of godi? Like the structure and hierarchy of the religious organization?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2016, 08:04:37 pm »

I like how everyone around me is panicking about this spirit possession deal going on, and my guy has no fucking clue that he's about to in all probability get smashed.
it's okay your job is basically just to punch things harder than everyone else anyway
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2016, 08:08:56 pm »

it's okay your job is basically just to punch things harder than everyone else anyway

Spirit possession you say? I wonder if we have an expert you could call about that  :P

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2016, 08:21:01 pm »

Alright, OP is updated. You two can expect PMs in the near future to cue you into the game.

@Dwarmin: I like to give this kind of freeform segment 'Drama Time,' where word spreads fast and the people always show up at the time most opportune to them. So don't worry, I'll keep the timeline intact, go wherever you please. We'll assume someone went to you for help or any other manner of plot device.

@NRDL: Sometimes, you just gotta keep your eyes on the prize and punch it till the problem's gone.

@Roboson: As Master of Mystics, you are only second to the Greater Khan in matters relating to Godi and Magicians. That being said, the spiritual and magical folk often have very strong ideas on how they lead their lives, so tamper with scrutiny and care. Overall, though, I can't really say for sure until I know exactly what you plan to do.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2016, 08:26:41 pm »

@Roboson: As Master of Mystics, you are only second to the Greater Khan in matters relating to Godi and Magicians. That being said, the spiritual and magical folk often have very strong ideas on how they lead their lives, so tamper with scrutiny and care. Overall, though, I can't really say for sure until I know exactly what you plan to do.

I meant lore wise, not IC wise. Like there's no discussion of the heirarchy or structure of the seers and godi. Like are there godi which specialize in specific gods? Are there godi that rank above others? How is it all set up?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11