Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: [OOC] (Interactive Waitlist 4-6/9+) The Great Clan: A People in Exile  (Read 10980 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still need players?

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile

This alright ^?

Looks good. I'll do some dice rolling to consult the stars and give you your final spread.

Okay this is quite strange can you explain the attributes..

No problem. I'll convert the instructions into a list:

1. You have 1 in every stat
2. You gain 2 points in both of your clan's respected stats (Body/Agility(Blood) for Battleborn, Intelligence/Charisma(Wind) for Truthseekers, Intuition/Spirit(Spirit) for Wanderers)
3. You gain 3 and 2 points in your positions respected stats (You can only choose one, Polity or Trade. Either will let you add 3 and 2 to Intelligence or Charisma)
4. You gain 2 and 1 points in whatever category you choose. (Blood, Wind, or Spirit pairs)
5. The GM consults the stars to see what your potential yields. 
N. Stats cap at 5

Still need players?

The more the merrier! We have a claim on Master of War. Abstract is looking at Polity or Trade. Sackhead was looking at something mystic related.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: (Recruiting! 2/9+) The Great Clan: A People in Exile (Political RP)
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 02:18:26 pm »

Wait so my stats would look like this
Intelligence:5
Charisma:5
Everything else a 1?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 02:30:51 pm »

Well, let's see:

1. 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 (Base stats)
2. 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1 (Truthseekers get two in blue stats.)
3. 1, 1, 5, 6, 1, 1 (Assuming Master of Polity, and I'll assume you chose to put 3 in Charisma and 2 in Intelligence)
4. 1, 1, 7, 7, 1, 1 (You can assign the +2 and +1 to any set. So, you could further bulk up your blue stats (I'll assume 2 in intelligence and 1 in charisma to round it out), but that would put a lot of the points out of the threshold, and you wouldn't be very well rounded.)
5. My rolls and alterations, TBA. (Could chip those thresholds down. This is the only real reason to go beyond 5 at generation, besides possible injuries/curses/whatever during play.)
N. 1, 1, 5(7), 5(7), 1, 1 (Results minus step 5)

Was this how you arrived at that stat block?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 02:34:00 pm »

I'd be interested in doing something related to magic or maybe religion. Is that sort of spot already taken? (I'm on my phone so no google doc until I get home.)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 02:42:26 pm »

I believe so but how about my last stat boosts go towards the red stats the + 2 to agilty and +1 towards strength I think fits my back story slightly and would be reasonable so I'd have
Intelligence 5
Charisma: 5
Agilty:3
Strength:2
Everything else is 1

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 04:50:08 pm »

I'm interested just stuck between foraging and scouts.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 08:46:41 pm »

I'd be interested in doing something related to magic or maybe religion. Is that sort of spot already taken? (I'm on my phone so no google doc until I get home.)

Magic and religion are intertwined in this setting. You might be interested in the Master of Tales or Mystics (neither have been solidly taken). You should take a look through the doc when you get a chance.

I believe so but how about my last stat boosts go towards the red stats the + 2 to agilty and +1 towards strength I think fits my back story slightly and would be reasonable so I'd have
Intelligence 5
Charisma: 5
Agilty:3
Strength:2
Everything else is 1

This looks correct, but are you Master of Polity or Trade? Once you decide that, revise your sheet and I can divine it up.

I'm interested just stuck between foraging and scouts.

Sure, just don't take too long, 'else the positions might be taken. The Master of Scouts will be concerned with exploring and external threats, whereas the Master of Forage is something of an opposite, concerned with internal, civil issues: the people, their labor, and sometimes their equality.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 08:53:12 pm »

I'm going with polity.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 09:45:36 pm »

I'll do mystic, but can change if someone has a preexisting claim to it.

Making a character sheet now.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 10:03:42 pm »

I'll do Master of Scouting gonna have to fill out the spreadsheet tomorrow

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 05:47:23 am »

Name: Leon RoughHide
Clan: Battle Born
Appearance: While not the Biggest of all the hunters, he is well built for his slightly smaller frame. He is adorned with numerous tattoos commemorating past hunts and feats. His black hair is long and tied into a great ponytail(Think Khal Drago). He has a single scar, a large gash on his side from a great Boar on his first hunt. You can often see him wearing the tusk from the beast as a reminder. And while you often see him in hunting gear, you can him just as often wearing normal clothes attending to the fields.   
Position:Foraging
Patron Deity: The Boar
Bio: Born of some lesser known clan that was part of the Battle Borns and wiped out, it has since been forgotten him being the only survivor. Found by a nearby group of hunters from clan RoughHide, he was taken in and adopted by a family. Although smaller then most of the children he was quicker then most of them, and was driven to prove himself. And that he did becoming the best hunter in the group, managing to kill many mighty beasts through speed and intuition. Although he was taught and trained in the spear,Short bow(One he's best at),  tracking, foraging, skinning all things hunting. He has little to no experience growing crops, and while not a particularly smart man. He has many loyal people who follow him, that he had handpicked himself. And with them behind him, he cannot afford to fail and so that fire in his eyes burns ever brighter pushing him forward.

Body:5
Agility:6

Intelligence:1
Charisma:1

Intuition:3
Spirit:2

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 10:17:27 am »

Name: Moreau Wildwalker
Clan: Wanderers.
Appearance: Moreau is a lean man. His arms and legs are thin, but muscular. He bares several decorative tattoos, the most notable of which is a beautiful tattoo of The Trout on his right forearm.
Position: Master of Mystics
Patron Deity: Trout
Bio: Moreau was the son of the leader of one of the larger Wanderer tribes. His father was  strong leader and knew much of the gods and spirits, much of that knowledge he passed onto his son. When Moreau was not learning of the mystical world he spent much of his time out in the wilderness. One night his father dreamed of Begnar and knew that the Empire would son be upon them. He passed his position as mystic onto his son and took up arms with whatever men he could. Moreau led his people to the ocean while his father and several men drew the Empire away. His father never returned and Moreau, along with the rest of his clan, boarded the ships to the new world. On the ships he used his knowledge of the spirits and gods to offer wisdom to those who sought it.
Skills: Knowledge of spirits and magic, fishing, swimming, speaking

Body: 1
Agility: 1

Intelligence: 2
Charisma: 3

Intuition: 5
Spirit: 5

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 03:19:01 am »

rewritting
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:36:26 pm by sackhead »

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 03:16:16 pm »

I'm going with polity.

Righty-ho, you're good to go sans my alterations.

-snip-

Looks good, I'll add it to the list.

Body: 1
Agility: 1

Intelligence: 2
Charisma: 3

Intuition: 5
Spirit: 5

For clarity's sake, where did that sixth point end up, Intuition or Spirit? Otherwise, you're good to go.

This look okay?

Atian expressed interest in Master of Scouting, but hasn't submitted a sheet yet... Hm, we'll go over some corrections, and if he returns with something, we may have to shuffle things up.

For now, I'll focus on your stats. I see how you got your Intelligence, Charisma (clan), and some of your Intuition, Spirit (role), but I'm not sure where you went from there. At step three, where you add 2 and 1 to a pair, it looks like you put 2 in Intuition and 1 in Spirit. With the 2 in Intuition and 3 in Spirit from your role, though, it would put your Spirit at 5. Not sure where you got 2 Body.

I'm not sure how you distributed the points, but remember that the final boost of 2 and 1 have to stay in the same set (Blood, Wind, or Spirit). If you could break it down for me, using this guide from earlier, we can fix the stats:

Well, let's see:

1. 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 (Base stats)
2. 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1 (Truthseekers get two in blue stats.)
3. 1, 1, 3, 3, [1, 1] (Master of Scouts get 3 and 2 in Spirit Attributes)
4. 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1 (You can assign the +2 and +1 to any set.
5. My rolls and alterations, TBA. (Could chip those thresholds down. This is the only real reason to go beyond 5 at generation, besides possible injuries/curses/whatever during play.)
N. Include stats above 5 for my convenience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11