Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: [OOC] (Interactive Waitlist 4-6/9+) The Great Clan: A People in Exile  (Read 10964 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile

Due to an extended, unexpected hiatus, italicized names are semi-open, as they have not returned. They will be fully open after I feel I've given them enough time to return.

So, figuring most everyone around here fancies games with a more strategic or political bent, I've restored one of my old settings for use on the forums. It will run similarly to my King of Dragon Pass game I ran a while back, but with a few twists.

Basically: Take the KoDP setting, magic it up just a bit, apply it to a Battlestar Galactica-esque situation, and you'll have The Great Clan: A People in Exile (or just TGC). Here's the spiel from the doc, and a link to the whole thing if you'd like to take a quick look:

This is an adventure/political roleplaying game. Players take the role of one of the ring members in charge of a massive wandering clan of nomads in search of their promised land. You’ll either be journeying together to further the goals of the Great Clan, dealing with problems individually, maneuvering around your fellow ring members for authority, or you’ll be in meetings, making various decisions that will affect the clan as a whole.

The Great Clan: A People  in Exile follows the adventure of a clan of nomads across a foreign land. The Great Clan was once three separate clans, united by distant bloodline alone. On their home continent they were seen as barbarians by the Fore Empire. Eventually the Empire started a campaign to rid the land of these barbarians. The three clans had no choice but to work together, despite their differences. [...] The Entole people used a sizeable portion of their navy to transport more than 25,000 people to the New World. It was an arduous two month long journey. Over 5000 people died due to starvation, infection, and other illnesses. Worst of all, the three khans of each clan died, leaving one young heir and no ring members. The ships landed at an old, abandoned port, slowly dropping off the clans. The Entolese gave them all the supplies they could, including food, water, weapons, and tools. With heavy hearts, they left the Great Clan to their fate.

The game wouldn't run on a strict turn-by-turn basis, but a mix of private messaging between members or to npcs and events everyone can see and react to in the thread. I'm thinking there will be a few events specific to certain ring members I'll distribute, ring members will tell me a general summary of what they want to do/have their bevy or contacts do, then a 'call to action' in the thread, and finally an open discussion in the tribal rings yurt, where every member will seek to convince the Greater Khan on what action to take.

That's how I imagine it playing out for some time. Eventually, a particularly ambitious member might supplicate the npc Khan... or inherit the position.

Positions Claimed:
Greater Khan: Milo Kaliss of Truthseekers (NPC)

Lesser Khan: KingMurdock

Master of War: NRDL

Master of Mystics: Roboson

Master of Polity: AbstractTraitorHero

Master of Trade: Coolrune206

Master of Forage: Romans

Master of Tales: Dwarmin

Master of Scouts: Atian the Elephantman God

Master of Justice: sackhead

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:19:16 am by Silcugar »
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: (Interest Check) The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 09:05:57 pm »

THE HERO/TRAITOR/CRAZY PERSON IS HERE AND A taker!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 09:16:49 pm »

I'm interested, yeah.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 09:20:51 pm »

Looks fun, tentative In
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Interest Check, looking for 8-9) The Great Clan: A People in Exile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 08:30:49 pm »

Hm, hopeful bump. I'll need more than just three. I think five would be a minimum, but I'd really like to flesh out the whole ring, if possible. That would be nine positions filled, optimally. I can AI some of them, but more backstabb-y intrigue and all that good stuff would be great.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welllll, how about those here that are interested tell me what position you'd like to play on the ring? Maybe you have some questions regarding the setting or how it'll be played? (Totally not a desperation bump.)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmmm well I'd like maybe some kind of diplomatic or trading role for my seat.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Im definitely calling dibs on Master of War, or maybe Master of Justice
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

never done something like this before but would be pretty cool. I'd be keen to be a mystic or something but aren't overly bothered

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmmm well I'd like maybe some kind of diplomatic or trading role for my seat.

Well, as you can see on my handy-dandy picture, Polity and Trade are in the blue range on the left. At the start of the game, the Masters of Polity, War, and Mystics will play a special role in the stabilization of the clan at large.

Im definitely calling dibs on Master of War, or maybe Master of Justice

So on the opposite end of the spectrum, we have Masters of War and Justice. Heavy influence from the Battleborn Clan, the most populous of the three.

never done something like this before but would be pretty cool. I'd be keen to be a mystic or something but aren't overly bothered

That would round us out, for sure. Master of Mystics is the last of the three 'main' members. A bridge between civility and warmongering: the spiritual and magical purveyor.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds great!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Sounds great!

+1 and completely coincidental as well, didn't realise how balanced our choices were
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okey-dokey. In order to get this potential ball rolling, lets get some character sheets from those interested. The instructions are in the doc. If y'all need further details, feel free to ask.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This alright ^?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:05:56 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay this is quite strange can you explain the attributes..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:54:14 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11