Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: SORRY!  (Read 8200 times)

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Never Split the Party: Grey Version (3/4)
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2016, 07:25:07 pm »

Kana nods and in a serious voice
correct I was indeed loitering after hours that is a indisputable fact and if I were to say otherwise it would be nothing but a lie and I have no intentions of lying.

"Ah. So you plead guilty!" One of the patrolmen start in before the judges have a chance to reply. "Look here, Seeing Ones. The vagabond admits to her charges!"

"Yes!" another patrolmen booms. "She tries to paint herself as an angel by emphasising how honest she's being with the loitering, but did she not plead innocent minutes ago? Sentence her to death!" It's not long before the throne judge slams his fist on the table with a gruff look on his face, his two cohorts not looking too happy either.

"Enough! We will have order, and you will not give directives to the Magistrate!"

"But-"

The judge to the left raises a hand, silencing the patrolman. "Are you questioning our divine authority?"

"No, Seeing One. Forgive me. Time are troubling not only in this city, but in the entire domain. Nega will try until her last breath to push us to war. Her spies insist on encroaching on--"

"We know what Nega's plans are and what the Asura Agreement really means. We do not need your tutelage on our history. We have been Moral Seers since before Nega the XIII herself inherited the throne.

"Indeed. We were likely just promising Sightfuls still in duty school while her grandmother was still in power. We are Seers for a reason. We do not need your advice or approval unless asked. Is that understood?"

One of the patrolmen stifles a growl, while the next sighs and responds. "Yes, Seeing One."

"Excellent! Now Kana, these soldiers have a point. While their platform they used to argue was...somewhat trifling, they tell the truth. You just did admit to being in the woods outside of the curfew timeframe with no purpose. There is no actual charge for this, but we have nothing else to go on. We're not even sure you're a citizen of Terminus, despite your weighty patriotism. Think carefully of your next response and pray that the Perfect guides the truth from you. We will see your lies. We are Seers, after all." The right judge was the more compassionate one. Perhaps his soothing tone and somewhat sympathetic personality would loosen up some of the tension.

((I'm I still bleeding or do Kirin have superb blood clotting abilities?))
---
By the time Zen reached the holding keep, all six arms have been supporting his neck. His eyes are half closed as he looks at the trio before him.

"Guy comes, hits me, and says I will die. I fight him. He stabs me with dagger." Zen takes a few deep breaths. "I ram the guy with a table and try to incapacitate him. I did not want to kill him. As for staying here, I will stay if it stops me from bleeding out."

The captain folds his arms. "Really? So, why did we not get any witnesses who can corroborate your story? Why didn't you ask anyone to patch you up? An innocent person would be screaming for help. You're about to meet the Perfect." The captain doesn't know you did ask for help before he showed up. In any case, your situation is getting stickier, and not because of your blood.

((Still bleeding.))

Spoiler: Worldbuilding (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2016, 07:45:52 pm »

Kana pulls out some papers her documentation and identification as a citizen of Terminus it does mention that she was born in terminus and is currently 17 and will be 18 by the end of today it furthermore says weight height and has the location of her home it is actually close by where they found her furthermore she has family who are aquatoids and it has some numbers referencing their proper citizenship files and where to find it.
Here i have my documentation with me if you want to confirm that I'm a citizen and if needed you could get my parents and check their documentation as well and well to...be honest seeing one...i don't quite understand why for just being out after curfew I get accused of treason ,trying to incite a war and conspiracy of aiding nega is this just because I'm an aquatoid?
Towards the end she starts to sound confused and sad.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2016, 09:06:01 pm »

The short Kirin moves one hand from his throat to the back of his neck, painting that side with blood as well. He squints at the captain in both weariness and confusion.

"Scream?" He whispers. He slightly opens both his black eyes and mouth wider. "I have been asking for help. I asked at the tea house and you guys came. Now I'm here asking for help here."
Max avatar size is 80x80

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2016, 09:17:01 pm »

Kana pulls out some papers her documentation and identification as a citizen of Terminus it does mention that she was born in terminus and is currently 17 and will be 18 by the end of today it furthermore says weight height and has the location of her home it is actually close by where they found her furthermore she has family who are aquatoids and it has some numbers referencing their proper citizenship files and where to find it.
Here i have my documentation with me if you want to confirm that I'm a citizen and if needed you could get my parents and check their documentation as well and well to...be honest seeing one...i don't quite understand why for just being out after curfew I get accused of treason ,trying to incite a war and conspiracy of aiding nega is this just because I'm an aquatoid?
Towards the end she starts to sound confused and sad.

"What?!" The left judge says, speaking up. "You're really accusing this court of discrimination? How DARE you! You come before this council an accused traitor. A-an agent of the darkness. Of the negative source. I-I-I can't even fathom--and you're a mere child on top of that! A child who was caught prancing about the woods, and...and you think you--"

"Now, left judge. Easy. You're letting the delusion of the ego cloud your mind." The right judge held his hand up to silence his colleague, and ease him into a state of calmness. "I can feel what the left judge says and his passion for his duty to the domain. Miss Kana, it would behoove you not to play any cards such as the discrimination angle in this court. We have been heavy-handed with you, yes, but we've remained fair even still. I've heard of many other realms in my day as a young Blind at the Institute. One such realm is that of humans -- Deirealm. According to text, some of their courts are a laughingstock to the concept of justice. Those who are meant to enforce it are oftentimes, in Deirealm, the ones who tarnish its name. My point is, you should feel fortunate that we don't emulate their society. Be thankful you live in a place where due process is the backbone of our concept of justice. Which is truly just."

"We will now review the ID of the accused! Send it forward!" The centre judge orders the patrolmen to deliver the papers. One of them does so, snatching the items out of Kana's hand.

The three judges mumble, and mumble, and mumble. Kana's documents only show a date and location of birth, with legal residency, but no native-born citizenship. It also doesn't show any relatives, nor any addresses.

The right judge is the first to speak. "Well, it appears you were born on the date you said you were. However, according to this, you're a naturalised citizen of Terminus, not native-born."

"And don't even think of pulling that "you're racist" crap here! We've told you time and time again now that we are on alert due to Nega's activities in the Positive Domain. You're lucky I'm only 1/3 of the vote, or you'd be dead already, little girl." The black judge would spit if he could. He just doesn't want to dirty the court's marble floors. Right now, Kana made him sick. "Disgusting."

"Well, the accused does have some kind of documentation. If she were a vagabond, we'd have likely found her in the Farscape, or somewhere in the Unclaimed Regions. She is a citizen. That much is certain."

((Thank the RNGods, Abstract. Any lower and Kana would've shown them outdated ID. It's a bare-level success, but still...lucky.))

Spoiler: Worldbuilding (click to show/hide)

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2016, 09:19:59 pm »

The short Kirin moves one hand from his throat to the back of his neck, painting that side with blood as well. He squints at the captain in both weariness and confusion.

"Scream?" He whispers. He slightly opens both his black eyes and mouth wider. "I have been asking for help. I asked at the tea house and you guys came. Now I'm here asking for help here."
[12] "Sir", one of the lower ranks says to the captain. "If he's a citizen, he deserves compassion and the due process."

"I know that. Idiot. Here." The captain tosses a small soma sphere at Zen. "Take this and wake up. We don't need you dying when I'm trying to do my job."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »

((Question are the judges magic like if I asked them to they could look into my mind to find the answers?))

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2016, 09:27:01 pm »

((Somewhat. Why do you ask?))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2016, 09:30:06 pm »

((She's getting kinda nervous so it's something she'd ask and it could get her cleared so are they magic enough that she could give them permission to read her mind and memory's and junk as evidence for her verdict.))

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2016, 09:45:43 pm »

((Be warned: The die may overshoot and thus something in her memory might be discovered and used against her. Now, doesn't that sound familiar?))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2016, 10:00:15 pm »

((....well they won't find anything indicating treason and the current charges.....but I just rolled on random.org and 1 was don't and 2 was yolo and it's a 2 SO SO YOLO? The worst they could get her on is the time she snuck past all the Royal guards into the Queen's room and talked with a extremely confused and startled Queen for like an hour before leaving like two years ago really her crimes would mainly be trespassing and perhaps following people around.))
well if it would prove my innocence I would be willing to let you look through my mind and memory for any evidence I don't really have anything to hide in there anyway that I wouldn't be willing to tell you vabout thoroughly if you Asked
((Oh God the yolo is real...))

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2016, 10:03:54 pm »

((She wouldn't be able to stop them. They are TRAINED to peer into the minds of the accused. She isn't even that kind of class, nor is she mentally "inclined" due to being a trickster.

Um, why did you roll a d2?))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2016, 10:09:40 pm »

((Two choices that's why I rolled a d2 and I figured that and... Well she figured that really I can't see myself being able to talk my way out of this and if it comes down to it my character would certainly take this gamble so I understand the risks I just and she too beliefs that the benefits would out weight the risks aka she and I feel her chance of survival would be higher..))

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2016, 10:21:36 pm »

((Two choices that's why I rolled a d2 and I figured that and... Well she figured that really I can't see myself being able to talk my way out of this and if it comes down to it my character would certainly take this gamble so I understand the risks I just and she too beliefs that the benefits would out weight the risks aka she and I feel her chance of survival would be higher..))

((Didn't understand one word you just said.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2016, 10:24:16 pm »

((.....summing that up it means I understand the risks and so does my character but we both agree that the benefits Aka not dying outweigh the risks aka possibly getting jailed for her actual light crimes that she did when she was younger.))

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2016, 10:27:54 pm »

((Oh. I get it. Lesser of two evils. Okay then.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8