Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 10.1: Adverse Conditions Combat Phase]  (Read 28140 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 3.1: Night before Atlas]
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2016, 04:55:32 am »

"How much do you want for a box of basic meds, a few boxes of AP .57 Cal and 7.62x51mm and 5 daggers (2 in the light variety, 2 in the medium and 1 for a heavy suit)? If it totals under 10 thousand creds, tell me what suit mods you have."

"3k for the box, you get 3 of each and the miscellaneous stuff.
For all of the daggers, 3,5k. 1k for light's, 1,5k for medium's and 1k for heavy. The daggers are mode from fused titanium and tungsten, creating a light yet nearly indestructible dagger. Smaller suits get smaller versions and larger suits obviously bigger ones. A heavy dagger looks like a slightly bigger machete to a light suit user.

Combined it total's 6,5k leaving behind 3,5k. The requested ammo types come in 4's for 7.62x51mm, costing 600 Kreds and in 3's for the .57 cal, costing 750 kreds.
So I can give you 8 and 6, which would come to about 1,2k and 1,5k thus 2,7k in total.
So you would have 800 kreds left. The cheapest modification we have is at least 4k, so not within your price range.
Is this alright with you? "

Reynad's communicator pings again. It's Velaine.
"A moment again."

"So Reynard ? How is it going ?"
"While he didn't suggest any weapons, he did remark that AP am-
"nhhhhhhhhh Goddd yes"

A somewhat erotic yell fills the channel, followed by a silence.

Right... To continue. AP Ammo is in high demand. Will buy some along with medical supplies. I also plan to grab some daggers just in case something gets up in front of our faces. Didn't hear the price yet."
"Mmh, daggers ? I'm interested, grab me one. I forgot to take a close-quarters weapon with this suit. Anyway, I am going to sleep soon, if everything is done, good night."
Will do.

Reynard returns to the quartermaster again.
Let me think.
Durrr..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2016, 05:11:53 am »

"Give me 1 box of 7.62 mags and 3 boxes of .57cal and the deal is done."

Box of meds, daggers, 4 mags of 7.62 and 9 mags of .57 cal, both in the AP variety. Buy the gear and get some rest.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2016, 05:48:01 am »

"Give me 1 box of 7.62 mags and 3 boxes of .57cal and the deal is done."
"Alright."

You transfer the funds over and shake hands.
"I will need an hour or two to gather the equipment and package it. It looks like you're about to leave, so can I drop it off somewhere?"
"Yes, Hangar X1 at the snowflake corps ship. Can you do it in the early morning?"
"Easily, I will lock the box just in case. You can unlock it with this token, just wave it over the sensor and it should spring open. By the way, since I don't have to drop it orbitally, there are no extra fees. But in the future 2,5k will be added to the costs to cover the pod and fuel costs, you can reach us through our aforementioned channel."
He hands over a a small round token.
"Great, thanks. Later."

Reynard leaves the armory and goes to his quarters, to sleep and prepare for what could be a tough day.

Conversation over.
You gained Medical box (3 x Naga skin, 3 x MM foam, 3 x Immuno booster, varying medical tools)
You gained Ammunition (4 x AP 7.62 mags and 9 x AP .57 cal mags)
You gained Melee weapons (2 x light daggers, 2 x medium daggers, 1 x heavy dagger. All daggers are made from Tungsten/Titanium Alloy.)
You lost 9350 Kredits, 650 left.

Items have to be distributed. It will be added otherwise to Reynard's inventory.
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2016, 06:17:44 am »

Turn 4: Ready to take off

The crew goes to sleep, and a few hours come to pass. Alarms wake up some people and others are awoken by others checking up on them. After some early morning rituals, the crew enters the X1 hangar. It's similar to the hangar they first entered when they came off the jump freighter, but it's size is empathized now that it's for the most part empty.

There are a few small vehicles here and there, but the thing that stands out is the snowflake corps ship. To some people's surprise it's not a shuttle or a small ship of some sorts. It's a Destroyer sized mobile base. Reynard mentions that these things are extremely expensive, and that he has seen bigger ones but it's still a surprise.
The crew approaches it and you can see from the distance that preparations are well under way, with varying staff loading equipment, checking up on the ship and repairing. As they near the ship, they are greeted by Oyli.
"Ah, welcome. Good that you are on time.
This is Nova. Our mobile base of operations. The best ship we've ever flown and not something we could afford without Kai's sponsorship. We are nearly done with our preparations. If you want to do something on this station, now is time.

You can freely enter to explore the ship, we will debrief on the surface.
Oh and Reynard, your package is in Storage compartment A. I'm not sure what it is, but they delivered it here from the armory."

"It's some equipment I bought."
"I see." Someone walks up to Oyli and murmurs something to him. "We'll be done in an hour."

Wake up and go to X1.
(-)

Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)
Wake up and go to X1.
(-)

Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)
Wake up and go to X1.
(-)

Jet "Thunderfoot" Reiduum(Pencil_Art)
Wake up and go to X1.
(-)

Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
Wake up and go to X1.
(-)

Quote from: Veliane "The Ebon Comet" Mirelante (Nakéen)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)

Quote from: Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)

Quote from: Jet "Thunderfoot" Reiduum(Pencil_Art)

Quote from: Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:23:35 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 4: Ready for take off]
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2016, 09:59:48 am »

Box of meds goes to Mari. Michelle gets all of the 7.62x51mm AP ammo. Reynard, Veliane and Mari get 3 mags worth of .57 cal AP each. Everyone gets a dagger in the size fit for their suit.

Once Reynard is done with handing out the gear, he sits down somewhere nearby, waiting.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2016, 10:18:46 am »

Michelle looks pretty relaxed her eyes closed in contentment.

"The beds are pretty good here."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2016, 01:17:19 pm »

Veliane approaches Oyli.
"Do we have clearance to access to the Command Room of the vessel ? If we do, please take me there."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2016, 02:09:43 pm »

Mari takes the assigned gear.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2016, 02:16:43 pm »

MIchelle takes the assigned gear.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2016, 04:51:41 am »

((This turn is basically a filler for me. For you guys it's a last minute change of mind or some other stuff. You can sit it out and T5 will quickly follow or dunno do something like explore the interior of the ship. Freedom is yours.

Also warning for Pencil_Art for inactivity. Last response was April 19th.
If you are not interested in playing, or have your hand tied which leave you unable to play. Please notify me, so that I can free up a slot.))

Veliane approaches Oyli.
"Do we have clearance to access to the Command Room of the vessel ? If we do, please take me there."

"Yes, you do have clearance. In fact everyone of you does. There are some area's like the engine room, or ship core, where we'd rather not have unexperienced personnel roaming around and as such these are off limits. But it should become obvious whether you have access to a room or not, it either opens or doesn't.

Unfortunately I cannot show you around as my hands are tied with the take off preparations. Just go inside and the ship AI, should lead you from there.

Now if, you'll excuse me. I have to go."

Oyli quickly walks away to one of the engineers, soldering the ship and starts talking.

You walk into the ship. The interior looks good with clean steel walls and architecture. A small robotic ball, rolls over to you. It's a ball with a ring around it. The ball inside rolls, moving the robot while the ring stays stationary.

"Hello Velaine. Welcome aboard Nova.
I'm the ai in control of Nova. So technically I am Nova.
Where do you want to go Miss Velaine?"
"To the ship command room."
"Of course, please follow me."

Nova starts rolling through the corridors and you follow. Eventually, you arrive at the ship command room. It's a huge oval room, with a multitude of screens hanging around the sides displaying all kinds of data. Every few screens are manned by a person. In the middle there is an oval holographic table. It's relatively dark, with the screens giving off most of the light and the table glowing with a light blue color.
"This is the heart of Nova. Oyli and other officers, command Nova and the operations going outside from here. Do you need any help with anything else, miss Velaine?"

Durrr..

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2016, 08:37:47 am »

"Thank you Nova. If I possess the required clearance, please download known maps of Atlas surface on my suit. If you can't, can you show them to me ?"

[ready for timeskip-filler]

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2016, 08:39:59 am »

Reynard boards the ship and finds a place to relax before we land. In other words, ready for T5.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2016, 09:29:09 am »

MIchelle relaxes pets that AI robot thing and finds somewhere to sleep/nap.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2016, 02:52:40 pm »

Mari is onboard and relaxing. Ready to timeskip.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Evolved RTD: [Turn 5: Intermission]
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2016, 07:02:13 am »

Turn 5: Landfall - intermission

The intercom buzzes, followed by a message.
“Preparations have been completed. All personnel is required to be at their designated seating positions. Non- Hexma staff needs to report to the ship bridge for temporary seating for landfall.”

The rest of the team enter the ship and are too greeted by the slightly larger basketball sized robot.
“Hello, I am Nova. I am the ship AI, in control of the ship. Unfortunately there is no time for questions, as we will soon make landfall. As per instructions, please follow me to the ship bridge.”

“Oh, how cute.”

Michelle pets Nova. The AI display shows a blushing smiley.
“Thank you lady Michelle, I feel flattered. But please follow me.”

After walking some corridors, the squad finds themselves at the bridge. From another corridor Velaine shows up, with her own AI companion.
The bridge is in the form of an elongated half glass dome. In the front extremely thick glass separates the bridge from the outside view, on the sides metal walls, covered by displays. In the front there is a command chair and console on a raised plateau. Behind it, 2 rows of smaller consoles. Each console is manned by someone. Behind the consoles there are 2 rows of chairs.

(Picture for a rough visual sketch, forgive me for the quality but I’m not a great artist!)

“Please take a seat, we will depart shortly.”
The squad sits and some other unknown people take some others seats. They don’t have to wait for long before something happens.
Oyli comes from behind, walks up to the command console and takes a seat. He speaks a bit, but he’s too far to hear anything.
The intercom buzzes again.
“All preparations are complete, personnel is at their designated area’s. We’re ready for take off.”
“Copy that. This is Nova, destroyer class ship, ID 4734-ZXF to Atlas Prime. Do you hear us?.”
“Loud and clear Nova, we are awaiting for your request.”
“Nova is ready for take off, Hangar X1, Lower the force shields so that we may pass.”
“Affirmative, lowering shields. ”

You can see from the bridge that the blue veil covering the entire hangar entrance, loses a hue of blue turning into a cyan-ish color.
“Starting engines at 10% hover mode.” The ship rumbles for a bit, but it fades quickly. You don’t feel it, but you can see through the bridge that Nova starts floating.
“Engaging forward thrusters, propel mode. Leaving Hangar X1.”

The ship slowly floats forward, into the cyan veil into the vast space. Until you can only see space.
“Atlas Prime, Nova has left the hangar. You can raise the shields.”
“Affirmative Nova, have a good trip. Atlas Prime out.”

Before you, the vast sea of space. With millions lights of unknown starts filling the blackness that is space. On the right side, you can only see a slice but the immense world of Atlas shows itself clearly.
“Setting course to base location. Thrusters, 100%, power mode.”
Nova shifts direction, headed straight towards Atlas. The world is so big, that you cannot even see the entirety of it this far away in space. Massive oceans and green expanses fill the world, covered by clouds and a huge eye of the tempest.

Nova rolls up to the seated guests.
“That’s a class 13 storm on the beaufort scale.”
A scientist speaks up.
“But that scale only goes to 12.”
“True, but we haven’t witnessed one so devastating as that yet. So unofficially, it’s a class 13.”
“That storm has been here since the first humans arrived. We have absolutely no idea how it looks underneath. No probes we’ve sent have even gotten remotely close and we are not willing to send people. Though some number crunching, led us to believe that the winds reach speeds of 230 km/h and waves reaching heights of at least 50 plus meters.”

The intercom buzzes.
“We are reaching the atmosphere, prepare for minor turbulence as we make landfall.”
“Better hold tight!”

Nova jumps onto a chair with the help of some spring mechanism and launches two hooks grappling the chair.

As you near the planet, the ship starts increasingly rumbling. It starts off as hardly noticeable, but increasingly it intensifies. The atmospheric heat is also see-able outside the glass.
“Heat shields are holding.”

The rumbling fades, alongside the heat outside.
“Switching engines to hover mode, 60%. Thrusters going to 10%, propel mode.”

You don’t see much new, except that the sky is filled with blue and clouds are floating.
“Base position reached. Landing onto designed place. Entering base mode.”

Sounds of mechanical pistons can be heard feintly and some rumbling can be felt as the landing is done. There is no noticeable difference in the bridge. As you finally land, the sky is broken by mountains in the very far distance and vast fields of beige, occasionally filled with a patch of green.

“That was fun.”
Nova unstraps herself from the chair and rolls of the chair.

“Please follow me to the command room for your debriefing.”
Velaine walks ahead, as she already knows, but the rest follow Nova.
They arrive in the same room, Velaine has been in. Nothing has changed here too.

Oyli is already waiting at the holographic Table.
“Please take a seat.
I hope your short trip was a pleasant one, because we will start immediately with the expedition.”

He flicks some things on the table, and a 3d overview shows up of the terrain. The destination territory is rocky with geysers scattered all over the field.

“This is where we are headed. The geyser fields. I will spare you the small details, but you’re going there to gather samples of the waters there. Our gatherer drones have been destroyed in that process by the creatures luring there, so this time you will cover one while it does it’s thing.

Nova will upload the local maps. A route is already planned out, so try to stick it. Information about the animals that you meet will be dispensed when you meet them, unless there are things which you should be aware off. Then we will give it right away. Keep in mind, that we haven’t seen everything yet, so the things we know are still far from complete.

We will also upload Nova into your suits, for integration between our and your systems. We will be able to provide more accurate readings and protect your communications from hijack attempt.

The drone has some minor scanning capabilities and is well armored, but cannot fight back. It’s very capable of traversing different terrain and vegetation.”

“Any questions?”

((Short intermission for discussion with Oyli and possible roleplay. This is half of turn 5, with the other half following after this.))
"Thank you Nova. If I possess the required clearance, please download known maps of Atlas surface on my suit. If you can't, can you show them to me ?"
(-)
“I’m sorry miss Velaine. Like you just stated, you have no clearance at the current moment. However, I have orders from Oyli to provide some parts of the maps after the debrief. These are 75% completed over what we have and should provide you with enough information to comfortably traverse the terrain, that we have explored so far. Until then hold tight.”
A small holographic smiley can be seen on the ball display.

Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)
Mari is onboard and relaxing. Ready to timeskip.
(-)

Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)
MIchelle relaxes pets that AI robot thing and finds somewhere to sleep/nap.
(-)

Vacant Slot (No Player)
[Go to OOC thread, for character sheet and roll up something if interested.]
(-)

Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
Reynard boards the ship and finds a place to relax before we land. In other words, ready for T5.
(-)(Due to the inactivity, pencil has been removed. You can get your kreds back for the dagger you bought or swap it for a different type for an other player and get the difference in return if there will be any.)

Quote from: Veliane "The Ebon Comet" Mirelante (Nakéen)

Quote from: Mari Bryan (Twinwolf)

Quote from: Michelle "Honesty" Silver (AbstractTraitorHero)

Quote from: ()

Quote from: Reynard "Crimson Lightning" Durant (Hawk132)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 07:10:49 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11