Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Google account taken over, need help!  (Read 974 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Google account taken over, need help!
« on: March 18, 2016, 12:44:18 pm »

So I must have logged into a site somewhere that phished my password or something because a few of my internet accounts have been taken over. Most of my important accounts like banking and different e-mail addresses have different passwords so they were safe from the intrusion. I checked over a few of my accounts such as hotmail and they showed that people from Russia and multiple places in China have been trying to log into my account. So my info is out there somewhere.

Anyway one of my accounts that was taken over was my google account. Some youtuber in France took over my account to spam their youtube channel links all over youtube. They changed my password and my name as well as my recovery phone number. They also created a gmail account attached to my google account.

I had another e-mail address listed as my recovery e-mail so I was able to regain control of my account by changing my password and recovery phone number. I also deleted the gmail account they had created

However my problem now is that my account is still somehow affiliated with their account and I am getting notifications about their continued youtube spam. Any ideas how I can get rid of the last vestiges of this intrusion into my account? I can't seem to find how I am still linked.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Google account taken over, need help!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 04:36:36 pm »

Just another tidbit - this an email I've gotten from google

ClashProduction 5.0 est désormais un administrateur.
ClashProduction 5.0 peut désormais gérer le compte xxxxx.

Which roughly translates to (my french is rusty) ClashProduction 5.0 is from know on an administrator and can manage my account.

I've seen them continue to post using my account on youtube. I've gone through the security checklist google uses and I've done all that I know how to do. Maybe someone more savvy than me could help me figure this out.

It would be nice if they had tech support for account recovery and such but it looks like those services are reserved for businesses.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 08:51:22 pm »

I'd suggest first looking through Google's Security Checkup at https://myaccount.google.com/ to see if anything is still wrong, unless you've already done that.

As for youtube, https://www.youtube.com/account has an Add or Remove Managers link which might be helpful. (It goes to a google+ thing, which is why I didn't link directly there)

You can also check your account activity at https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard to see what else that person may have done with your account, if anything.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 09:10:47 pm »

What he said.

Good luck though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 07:21:53 am »

As for youtube, https://www.youtube.com/account has an Add or Remove Managers link which might be helpful. (It goes to a google+ thing, which is why I didn't link directly there).

Thank you!!! I think that's what was causing the last little bit of control over my account. They had listed themselves as my manager. I had combed through a bunch of options but I had missed that one.