Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: So..  (Read 2855 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
So..
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:25:12 pm »

I Really need to move out. My mother is officially toxic enough to make an insurance company not want to deal with her shit. Both of my therapists have dealt with her crap and agree that she's a toxic piece of shit. The person at the front desk of said therapist office doesn't want to interact with her.

Belittling. Actively malignant. Goes out of her way to piss people off. Unable to handle feedback. Ego the size of fucking Texas. Everyone is clearly in the wrong and she has no fault or responsibility whatsoeeeeever. And so on. She's toxic as fuck and she's causing serious issues.

I need to move out and I currently haven't the faintest idea of how to do that while keeping a stable living situation. I have no income, getting a job will be difficult at the minimum and downright impossible in the worst case due to the job market. Finding a place to live will also be very difficult. However this shit Has to stop.

Any ideas? Really could use some suggestions.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: So..
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 03:34:13 pm »

Depending on your age, I think getting a job would be the first priority.  Its hard to exist without money!

It also means 8+ hours away from your mother, which would probably be a nice bonus.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 03:36:15 pm »

20. And I don't think it's even safe to live in the same house as her.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 03:50:51 pm »

What city are you in and what are your current time requirements? Can you relocate cities? What sort of resources do you currently have to work with?

Living on the super cheap is difficult, but doable. Housing and income are the really ticklish parts.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 03:53:42 pm »

Oregon. Portland specifically. I do not have sufficient funds to live on my own for even a single month. Clarify what you would define as resources? Clarify time requirements?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 04:12:01 pm »

Do you have a vehicle (with the title in your name) mostly. Living in a car is reasonably doable. Are you attending classes full or part time right now? Do you have anyone who could front you some cash?

I've never made it to the West Coast, but I understand that Portland is an expensive city cost of living-wise.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 04:14:04 pm »

I do not have a car, if I did I would be less concerned cause cars are basically mobile houses if you're okay with general uncomfyness.

I attend classes on and off. I am not currently enrolled this term but I was last term.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 04:19:44 pm »

Alright, so you're basically at scratch zero right now? Not much for resources, but no liabilities either?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 04:22:35 pm »

Correct. No liabilities unless you count stuff like clothes/computer.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 05:23:06 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:11:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 05:33:33 pm »

I have a handful of Just In Case people who could bail me out at major inconvenience to them if I got booted onto the street suddenly. But I really would rather not inconvenience them. Including one possibly driving halfway across the country if absolutely needed. Which I really would rather not need to happen. I also have a fairly large number of friends capable of providing general tips and ideas. Ideas are always good even if not directly helpful.

I have a decent scattering of skills for various things and I learn rather fast.

Asset list is a good idea. Is part of what I am doing. I do know how to cook and I am sufficiently decent with dealing with people I'd sa

1: Again skills are good. Tis what I am doing.
2: Not that many ways actually. Shelter and food mainly.
3: That's what I'm doing and have been doing.

Will do.

Walking is an option although I'm nooooot particularly physically fit. (Read I have no muscle whatsoever~)

I have volunteer experience but not job experience. Don't have any specifics of what I want to work in though.

Alright.

I do know how to cook. I've actually worked with a chef before. Not payed but I did have a food handlers permit for it. Dunno where it went though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 10:24:35 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:11:18 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 10:31:23 pm »

I would really rather not manipulate her. I've pretty much always found it extremely easy to manipulate people and it's never sat right with me. Doesn't feel comfortable. Also with her the main ways of getting on her 'good' side if you can call it that are rolling over and mindlessly doing anything she pleases. She has a control complex.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 10:39:36 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:11:08 pm by Vector »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 10:43:34 pm »

Yaaah.
Pages: [1] 2 3